• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
What are you talking about, Satomine Night didn't say anything about Gladion getting a Cosmog he said that the person who would probably get the 2nd cosmog would be Ash, so I don't where the whole Gladion can't handle two "wanted"(by AF) pokemon is coming from since in this case Gladion would only have Type: Null while Lillie and Ash both have Cosmog.
Umm...did you read my post? While I did say the person likely to get the second Cosmog would be Ash (because he is the protagonist and because that would get him more personally involved in the Aether plot), I also said I like the idea of Gladion getting the second Cosmog, because the personal stakes are higher for him than they are for Ash.

dman_dustin

I brought this up in the episode thread, but there was a Wimpod shown briefly in the episode. Could it be the same one from episode 20?

I personally think it is, given that Wimpod kind of looked like it was looking for something (maybe Ash) and the transition felt weird for Wimpod doing what it did when most transitions have only been about one thing.

I almost feel if it was the same Wimpod and it was looking for something, we might see a capture sometime after the Morelull episode.

Red and Blue

If they show Wimpod hanging around in the background for a few episodes, I'm inclined to believe its the same one.

If so, I just hope they don't put off Ash catching it for too long

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If they show Wimpod hanging around in the background for a few episodes, I'm inclined to believe its the same one.

They can be two different Wimpod.

ShadowForce720

Well if it is the same Wimpod, and if Ash will eventually catch it then I would imagine that will found out relatively soon, either way if Ash does wind up catching that Wimpod I hope that it won't take as long as Sandile/Krokorok did as it didn't get catch until about 62 episodes after it debuted. Now if Wimpod is getting caught soon then the episode range would probably be about episodes 30-50.

They can be two different Wimpod.

That is possible will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well if it is the same Wimpod, and if Ash will eventually catch it then I would imagine that will found out relatively soon, either way if Ash does wind up catching that Wimpod I hope that it won't take as long as Sandile/Krokorok did as it didn't get catch until about 62 episodes after it debuted. Now if Wimpod is getting caught soon then the episode range would probably be about episodes 30-50.

That is possible will just have to wait and see.

imo, Ash needs another random capture before another re-occurring pokemon ends up on his roster. So far Litten and Rockruff both have been seen battling and doing different animations before their captures. Ash caught Rowlet on when it debut'd, but that makes it 1 out of 4.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So far that has been the case, however that doesn't really mean that one of the starters won't or couldn't evolve earlier then expected, for instance it wouldn't be that surprising Rowlet were to evolve soon, oh another choice is Popplio, you mention that Popplio knows Bubble Beam a move that it gets later in it's move set that means Popplio has some experience, however by that same token considering Bubble Beam is usually a move that Popplio learns after evolving then it having Bubble Beam means that it also has enough experience that could indicate that it could possibly evolve pretty soon.
The reason I suspect starters don't evolve early is basically marketing purposes. It's very rare that a starter's middle evolution is more popular than the atarter itself. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayleef, Grovyle, and Braixen were the only examples.

You love statistics like this, so I'm sure you know the shortest gap between a starter Pokemon's capture and its evolution is ~30 episodes. And that was Charmander, who evolved for plot purposes. Next shortest gap is Froakie to Frogadier, which was like a 54 episode gap or something like that.

However, patterns are meant to be broken, and Frozocrone does bring up the point that Rowlet is acting as the regional bird. That is something new, at least.

ShadowForce720

The reason I suspect starters don't evolve early is basically marketing purposes. It's very rare that a starter's middle evolution is more popular than the atarter itself. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayleef, Grovyle, and Braixen were the only examples.

You love statistics like this, so I'm sure you know the shortest gap between a starter Pokemon's capture and its evolution is ~30 episodes. And that was Charmander, who evolved for plot purposes. Next shortest gap is Froakie to Frogadier, which was like a 54 episode gap or something like that.

However, patterns are meant to be broken, and Frozocrone does bring up the point that Rowlet is acting as the regional bird. That is something new, at least.

Also I thought Brionne was more popular then Popplio, wasn't it?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think Primarina is more popular than both

ShadowForce720

I think Primarina is more popular than both

yeah but is Brionne more popular then Popplio? in other words is out of the entire Popplio line is Popplio the least popular pokemon out of that line, you know where both Brionne and Primarina are more popular then Popplio or is Popplio more popular then Brionne but is less popular then Primarina.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm...not too sure on that. I only remember the ludicrous response I did see that Brionne 'looks too feminine' and Popplio is 'ugly', it's like Primarina was the only one to catch a break here.

I'd hazard a guess and say Primarina > Popplio > Brionne.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Also I thought Brionne was more popular then Popplio, wasn't it?
I have no idea, and it doesn't matter. Grovyle is more popular than Treecko, and it still took a long time to evolve. And it's one of Ash's Pokemon. Same with Bayleef. Which just proves my point. All starters are marketable to some degree, so no matter how much more popular the evolutions are, there's a good chance they're staying unevolved for some time.

If I were to hazard a guess for that particular evolution, I would say maybe somewhere between the Fire and Grass Trials. Popplio knowing Bubble Beam has to count for something, and if the writers are planning on giving Ash's classmates Z-Rings (something I'm beginning to think they're foing to do), Lana should have the Waterium-Z by then.
I'm...not too sure on that. I only remember the ludicrous response I did see that Brionne 'looks too feminine' and Popplio is 'ugly', it's like Primarina was the only one to catch a break here.

I'd hazard a guess and say Primarina > Popplio > Brionne.
Which is hilarious, because people love Braixen despite it having a feminine appearance.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Which is hilarious, because people love Braixen despite it having a feminine appearance.

Yeah, but Braixen is a magical girl (which have been loved in the West since Sailor Moon), whereas Brionne is an idol (and we all know how Showcases divided the fanbase [a tiny bit, Pokemon's fanbase is ridiculously fractured])

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I brought this up in the episode thread, but there was a Wimpod shown briefly in the episode. Could it be the same one from episode 20?

Notice that two.

Pretty weird choice of a pokémon for a transition on scenes. Maybe it's nothing, but as for right now, I'll put it on "maybe it is" side of the opinions :p

Red and Blue

If Ash gets Wimpod then what will that mean for Guzma? Guess they could always give him a shiny Golisopod.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I don't think that Ash is gonna catch Wimpod.

Neither do I cuz the more I think of Wimpod, the more I realize that it seems kind of homely. Golisopod looks much better of course, but I'm not holding much hope for Ash to evolve a Wimpod to begin with even if he were to catch one.

ShadowForce720

Neither do I cuz the more I think of Wimpod, the more I realize that it seems kind of homely. Golisopod looks much better of course, but I'm not holding much hope for Ash to evolve a Wimpod to begin with even if he were to catch one.

Not sure why, considering that if you look at Wimpod's move pool it's actually in a arguable worse situation then Bounsweet was, to the point to where if Ash got a Wimpod, it wouldn't be a question of if it will evolve, but when will it evolve, as it would sort of have to evolve because it can't really do much as a Wimpod in the long term.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think Ash will catch Wimpod because I think the anime staff will associate it with "evil" because it's Guzma's ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.