• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ash has some Sinnoh Pokémon that need development, like Buizel and Gible. I would like for Ash to have a Garchomp.

I'm sure everyone would love for Ash to have a Garchomp, but it's highly unlikely. But I hope to see it return and evolve to a gabite at least.

ShadowForce720

The choices are good, but unfortunately Ash never catches past region pokemon even if there are remakes. Most likely the other characters will end up getting some Sinnoh Pokemon, or they will bring in new characters / rivals in the series that use Sinnoh Pokemon.

While it's true that so far when remakes have come out he hasn't caught pokemon from the respective remakes, however that does not mean that he will never get a pokemon that represent or promote a remake. So if we get D&P remakes then I really don't think that Ash getting a 4th gen pokemon or bringing Buizel or Gible back are something that would be out of the question. I mean heck before Sawyer was introduce in gen 6 some people would have said that there is no way that a rival would be used to help promote remakes and yet it happen in gen 6.

Plus the writers especially this time around seem to like to surprise us so I wouldn't be that surprised that if we do get D&P remakes if they decide to throw a curve ball by having Ash either catch a gen 4 pokemon or a pokemon that evolves into a gen 4 pokemon or bring back his Gible or Buizel and evolve them.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I didn't rule out his existing Sinnoh Pokemon coming back for promotion. I just feel that he won't catch a new Sinnoh Pokemon. In fact, I just mentioned that I would love to see his Gible return, and if possible, evolve to a Gabite at least (cause frankly Garchomp looks out of the question).

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Although I never could see it happening, it'd be cool if they did a post sun and moon saga where ash takes on the sinnoh battle frontier. Maybe bringing back Buizel or Gible to evolve. If there is no post saga, maybe he will just do this in Alola's league (or equivalent). Although, I could see Mallow getting Turtwig or Kiawe getting Infernape to support the potential release

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Patterns can always be broken. We didn't expect Ash to have no Grass type in XY. And now, he might be without the regional bird for the first time ever. Ash can catch past gen Pokemon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm sure everyone would love for Ash to have a Garchomp, but it's highly unlikely. But I hope to see it return and evolve to a gabite at least.

with how XY treated Ash, I hope Ash never gets fully evolved strong psuedo legendary pokemon again. It'd suck for him to train all these pokemon up to seemingly good levels to get throttled again, so hopefully he has pokemon that are are a good mix of earlier seasons with power but not having to be fully evolved right off the bat, so loses don't look silly. He might as well have pokemon that aren't known for being amazing battles and then lose instead. All in my opinion of course.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
with how XY treated Ash, I hope Ash never gets fully evolved strong psuedo legendary pokemon again. It'd suck for him to train all these pokemon up to seemingly good levels to get throttled again, so hopefully he has pokemon that are are a good mix of earlier seasons with power but not having to be fully evolved right off the bat, so loses don't look silly. He might as well have pokemon that aren't known for being amazing battles and then lose instead. All in my opinion of course.

I wouldn't use the word "throttled" seeing as that kind of implies he stood no chance of winning. Irrelevant, I know.

Um, let's see, I think I'll stick with my old list:

Pikachu
Lycanroc (maybe that mysterious placeholder form)
Decidueye
Incineroar
Oranguru (because I want an Oranguru on the main cast)
Drampa (because it'd be a counterpart to Turtonator)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm. Based off the Z-Crystals...

Normal (x) Everyone
Fighting > Electric (x) Pikachu

Water ( ) Dewpider or Wimpod
Fire ( ) Litten
Grass ( ) Rowlet
Rock ( ) Rockruff

Electric > Steel ( ) Pikachu, A. Sandshrew
Ghost ( ) Decidueye
Dark ( ) Incineroar

Fairy > Ice ( ) A. Sandslash
Dragon ( ) Kommo-o

Pikachu
Decidueye
Lycanroc (Dawn/Dusk/3rd)
Incineroar
Dewpider / Wimpod
A. Sandshrew
Kommo-o

Red and Blue

If the Sinnoh remakes happen they might have a rival from Sinnoh to promote the remakes like Sawyer. He/she could have a Sinnoh starter with a possible signature Z move.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Yep definitely. No unvevolved pokemon please,other than maybe 1 or max 2 like Buizel and Gible in DP (who were still strong). His Johto and especially BW teams were horrendous. I just couldn't take it that he had a Snivy, Oshawatt and Pignite against someone like Cameron, who despite being brain dead had a fully evolved team.

It is also annoying to see the waste of potential.

Hakomo-o is the only Pokemon I'd be okay with him not fully evolving. Apart from Rowlet since I'm already prepared for it staying a Rowlet.....
Litten and Rockruff are definitely going to evolve the whole way, and Golisopod will too if Ash gets a Wimpod.
And Sandslash, I hope he gets as Sandshrew. Just to kill the whole "Ash is never going to evolve a Pokemon with a stone" argument like the "Ash will never catch a canine/feline" arguments died off after Litten/Rockruff were caught.

I am hoping Rowlet evolves but I am prepared, as well, to be disappointed.

Alolan Sandshrew could be interesting.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If the Sinnoh remakes happen they might have a rival from Sinnoh to promote the remakes like Sawyer. He/she could have a Sinnoh starter with a possible signature Z move.

Hopefully they do Lucas/Whoever the male player is. I don't want another OC coming in and making game characters look bad. Especially since it'd be Gladion getting **** on if Hau still isn't around, and I love Gladion.....

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Just bring back Dawn for Sinnoh promotion. I don't think her VA stopped like May's did.

Just...give her a relevant arc this time. Maybe a new Pokemon. Oricorio perhaps, or just mastering a Z-move in a contest manner.

SinnohEevee

Just bring back Dawn for Sinnoh promotion. I don't think her VA stopped like May's did.

Just...give her a relevant arc this time. Maybe a new Pokemon. Oricorio perhaps, or just mastering a Z-move in a contest manner.

I want her to come, but knowing this show, they won't do it since the target audience doesn't care about her.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hopefully they do Lucas/Whoever the male player is. I don't want another OC coming in and making game characters look bad. Especially since it'd be Gladion getting **** on if Hau still isn't around, and I love Gladion.....
Honestly, I'd prefer to have Gladion be Ash's only rival, because I don't think another rival is really necessary (I didn't think Barry was necessary back in DP, either). And if another rival does appear, it would feel like they're just there to promote DP/Stars/whatever.

Nah, I'd rather they focus on Ash and Gladion.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wimpod is made for Ash, I just can't see any other cast member with it. And Wishiwashi.... it could happen, but fish just have a bad history on the cast.Bruxish has the same reasoning as Wishiwashi.... only it ain't cute, it ugly.

I dunno, I don't think Wimpod is necessarily Ash material. As for Lana's other choices, I do think Wishiwashi can be ruled out since it seems pretty useless when not in school form and Bruxish is kind of ugly, but then again who knows maybe Lana would like it any ways. ^^;

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Patterns can always be broken. We didn't expect Ash to have no Grass type in XY. And now, he might be without the regional bird for the first time ever. Ash can catch past gen Pokemon.

I agree with this, that's one pattern I would love to see broken since all pokemon can use z-moves as apposed to mega evolution.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I dunno, I don't think Wimpod is necessarily Ash material. As for Lana's other choices, I do think Wishiwashi can be ruled out since it seems pretty useless when not in school form and Bruxish is kind of ugly, but then again who knows maybe Lana would like it any ways. ^^;

She was fishing for it when she first met Ash.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Honestly I don't see Lana, or for that matter, any classmate with more than 3 pokemon. As for Lana, I think she'll catch a Dewpider, and maybe a gen 4 water type if remakes are on the way. Pyukumuku seems like a COTD / POTD, and Bruxish will most likely be shown by Faba in the AF.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Honestly I don't see Lana, or for that matter, any classmate with more than 3 pokemon. As for Lana, I think she'll catch a Dewpider, and maybe a gen 4 water type if remakes are on the way. Pyukumuku seems like a COTD / POTD, and Bruxish will most likely be shown by Faba in the AF.

do you think they'll show some water pokemon outside the water or how would a bruxish fight on land.... float? I feel like it wouldn't be too useful to AF

Status
Not open for further replies.