• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything12

I mean they could have it use its Psychic powers to float, no idea if it can actually do that but it is something they could do to solve that issue. Of course theirs also the fact that they might not even face Faba or even Lusamine.

Dayn

I could see Ash with Dewpider, creating a bubble to breathe when out of the water and even floating thanks to it. I can also see Rowlet popping it all the time, almost causing it to suffocate till it has time to create a new one. It could be a funny gag xD

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Finally decided on a team prediction for Gladion, and I went in a different direction than most:

- Lycanroc (Midnight): Obvious

- Umbreon: Obvious

- Silvally: Type: Null is a major part of his character, and I can't see the writers pass up on giving him his signature Pokemon. I also think it will replace Lycanroc as the ace of his team

- Oranguru: I know a lot of people want to see Oranguru with Ash, but I think it could suit Gladion well. To be honest, the main reason I chose Oranguru is because I liked the idea someone had of Gladion's team being themed around the night. He alrrady has that going on with Lycanroc and Umbreon. So why not give him one of the Moon exclusives? I think Alolan Sandshrew is going to Ash, and Drampa seems a little too friendly for the Edgelord, so that's why I chose Oranguru over those two.

- Empoleon: Kind of a bold prediction, but I could see the writers giving him one of the Sinnoh starters to promote future DP remakes. And of the Sinnoh starters, I think Empoleon suits him the best design-wise. Also, since I don't think Ash is going to get a Water Type this generation, it would give another major character besides Lana a Water Type. I was tempted to give him Torterra to give the species redemption without bringing Ash's Torterra back, but meh. I don't think Torterra suits him.

- Dragonite: An even bolser prediction, however the writers seem to enjoy giving pseudos to Ash's rivals. Process of elimination led me to Dragonite. Alain had both Tyranitar and Metagross, Sawyer had Salamence, and Ash had Goodra relatively recently. Hydreigon is not native to Alola (but would be my second choice since I feel it suits Gladion the most out of all the pseudos), I think Jangmo-o is going to Ash, and I don't see the writers turning Gladion into a walking Sinnoh advertisement by giving him Garchomp (assuming he gets some other Sinnoh Pokemon like Lucario or Weavile or a starter). So that pretty much just leaves Dragonite. Also, SM are supposed to be anniversary games, it would be poetic justice if he got the OG pseudo.

Yeah, I tried to avoid giving him his in-game team and stuff like Weavile and Lucario as I feel those options are too obvious, and the writers have already diverged from his in-game team by giving him Midnight Lycanroc and Umbreon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Patterns can always be broken. We didn't expect Ash to have no Grass type in XY. And now, he might be without the regional bird for the first time ever. Ash can catch past gen Pokemon.

I'd love for this pattern to be broken, there's a certain Psychic type in Sinnoh that'd suit him. Unlike Alola, where the only new Psychic types aren't main cast material. Oranguru and Bruxish.... ew. Faba and some Cotd trainer can show those guys off, I actually want Passimian on the main cast but I think he's going to be a potd just like his cousin Harambe.

Everything12

Problem unlike the Grass type rule was just their because Ash always got the grass starter before Kalos and the Bird Pokemon rule which is broken because hes already got a Pokemon that makes it redundant to get a bird, and because starters are much more marketable than bird Pokemon, the non past gen Pokemon rule was because the Pokemon that Ash himself captures are more marketable than any of the other Pokemon, even ones owned by his companions, by virtue of him being the main character and them being shown in more battles in gyms and against rivals, so they always had Ash capture current gen Pokemon so they could market them and in turn market the game some more, if they want a past gen Pokemon to be marketed they would give it to a companion or rival so that it could be marketed but wouldn't overshadow the current generation Pokemon which are more marketable because of their greater connection to the game.

The mystery Pokemon could also just be one of the other companions Pokemon after all the over Pokemon Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Mimikyu, Bewear, Shiron, Mareanie, and Charjabug which Ash doesn't have, also will the mystery Pokemon be revealed in the stage show Tomorrow, or is it today because of time zones?

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
Considering we don't seem to have a new game on the horizon, I don't think it's a new form. It could be a team change as suggested before.

Red and Blue

Considering we don't seem to have a new game on the horizon, I don't think it's a new form. It could be a team change as suggested before.

To be fair they don't need to wait for a new game to show the hyphothetical third form. They could just show it early or just add it to the current games as an event Pokemon

If this third form turns out to be a thing I just hope it has a better type then just plain Rock

kickachu

Momentai!
Question you guys noticed the greninja with the toys but since there is no way greninja destroyed the roots in kalos its way too early to think its ashs but we can take it as a sign it will return

Illusio

No words, only rage
To be fair they don't need to wait for a new game to show the hyphothetical third form. They could just show it early or just add it to the current games as an event Pokemon

If this third form turns out to be a thing I just hope it has a better type then just plain Rock

Not likely, as no playable data for it exists in SM unlike Marshadow. They can't just add it into SM as the games can't support it.

The only possibility for it to happen is if we get another XYZ arc, and unless the SM anime is planning on wrapping up by next year I don't think they'll go that route.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
To be honest the starters and their Sugomori art was more interesting to me than Greninja. I wouldn't have paid it much attention but some did just get Charjabug which to the best of my knowledge isn't that marketable.

But hey, could return! I do wonder if this does tease team changes.

Not likely, as no playable data for it exists in SM unlike Marshadow. They can't just add it into SM as the games can't support it.

The only possibility for it to happen is if we get another XYZ arc, and unless the SM anime is planning on wrapping up by next year I don't think they'll go that route.

They managed to fit all the new Megas/Primal forms into ORAS. They could do a Gen 6 repeat and say you can't use those particular mons/forms when playing against someone using SM (similar to 'XY rules')'

Everything12

Theirs also a Golbat, Machamp, Leafeon, Psyduck, Poliwhirl, and Swablu, and thats not counting the Drampa, Mudsdale, Jangmo-o, and Decidueye that could stand a chance to get, I think we should wait for the information of what these toys are being made for before we take anything as evidence for anything.

Illusio

No words, only rage
To be honest the starters and their Sugomori art was more interesting to me than Greninja. I wouldn't have paid it much attention but some did just get Charjabug which to the best of my knowledge isn't that marketable.

But hey, could return! I do wonder if this does tease team changes.

They managed to fit all the new Megas/Primal forms into ORAS. They could do a Gen 6 repeat and say you can't use those particular mons/forms when playing against someone using SM (similar to 'XY rules')'

All of which required a new game as all except two were nonexistant in XY and thus none of them appeared until a couple months at best before ORAS' release when they started promoting it. As of now, a new game isn't on the horizon as far as we can tell and unless something comes around and shows us there's a new game this year or early next year, a new form isn't likely.

Last edited:

nickdt

Greninja with the toys, and so do Jangmo-o, Mudsdale and Machamp. Mudsdale and Machamp can be on their as travelling Pokemon, which is odd since Stoutland lacks on it and we know its gonna appear. We see Primarina, Decidueye and Incineroar in big and small, but Charjabug and Vulpix are only displayed in big, while the circles underneath them are grey. Can this be foreshadowing for Lillie and Sophocles getting Alolan Ninetales and Vikavolt.

Ash's Pokemon, Sophocles, Lillie and Mallow. And if we count Primarina as the line for Lana, only Turtonator lacks for Kiawe. Can this suggest a possible team change for Kiawe as well. Greninja on their is also suspicious. And... seeing Psyduck might be a good thing, especially with some Pokegirl merch that is coming out. Might this be suggest a Misty cameo.

And i did only look at the poster for this, since for the actual toys they seem to have divided that in the anime and a movie section.

If we look at the toys that are displayed in the anime section, we can see Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Sandshrew, Glaceon, Snorunt, Delibird, Emolga, Electivire and Magmenite as Pokemon that don't appear on the poster.

Everything12

Found a very barren bulbapedia page calling it Moncolle Get and from what I can tell the Pokemon in them are not based on the anime.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed before Pokemon Platinum's announcement.
I've seen mystery icons (hiding Mythical Pokemon, New Forms, and New Pokemon) in the merchandise scans/pics before.

We see Primarina, Decidueye and Incineroar in big and small, but Charjabug and Vulpix are only displayed in big, while the circles underneath them are grey. Can this be foreshadowing for Lillie and Sophocles getting Alolan Ninetales and Vikavolt.

No, they haven't finished making Alolan Vulpix and Charjabug figures yet. Figures are shown underneath Pokemon.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed before Pokemon Platinum's announcement.
I've seen mystery icons (hiding Mythical Pokemon, New Forms, and New Pokemon) in the merchandise scans/pics before.

No, they haven't finished making Alolan Vulpix's and Charjabug's figure models yet. Figure models are shown underneath Pokemon.

The Platinum announcement wasn't too far off of the Origin form one, so we still had a new game that followed it. The issue is still that it doesn't seem like a new game is coming this year period.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
The Platinum announcement wasn't too far off of the Origin form one, so we still had a new game that followed it. The issue is still that it doesn't seem like a new game is coming this year period.

Well I wouldn't rule out any new game announcement until after E3 nintendo presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.