• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't see anything wrong with that, then again I stopped trying to base captures off looks alone after gen 4, though there are a few times like lana with dewpider but that's cause of the bubble theme it's body has and possibly correlating to her goal.

I think midday is better because it fits the speed theme Ash works better with, plus there is accelrock which no one else gets at the moment, and I believe the writers would want to showcase that attack.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Good for you, but most people aren't like that clearly. I think most base captures off some combination of design, Pokedex entries, and which Pokemon they personally like.

I can see the viewpoint of those who wanted Midnight Lycanroc, but to my knowledge, Ash hasn't had a speedy quadruped since Tauros. And it was used in, what? Like four battles total? Midday would be a fantastic opportunity to give him a speedy quadruped that's actually an integral part of his main team.

I'm also fine with Lana getting Dewpider as long as it doesn't prevent Popplio from fully evolving, but that's just for stupid personal reasons that I'm sure nobody really cares about (I'd rather not see my favorite Alolan Pokemon get relegated to a filler episode/shoehorned onto a future rival's team if the writers want to show off Oceanic Operetta).

Illusio

No words, only rage
To be honest, the fact that Gladion has Midnight Lycanroc is what's making me lean Midday, it just fits the contrast between the two a lot more then a third form would. Plus there was that one card from the anime deck from a while ago, but that one's more ambiguous.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I think a lot of people have something against midday but won't admit it.

I think it fits ash well

I'm not against Midday. I want Ash's Rockruff to evolve into Midday Lycanroc, too. (I'd prefer Midday over Midnight)

We don't know what Mystery Pokemon is. I don't think it will be Midday Lycanroc, because Midnight Lycanroc figure is there.
http://i.imgur.com/5ff0IiJ.png

Vol 1 (Coming out next month, Movie 20 Related) = Cap Pikachu, Ho-oh, Incineroar, Midnight Lycanroc
Vol 2 (Coming out this October) = Decidueye, Primarina, Mimikyu, ????

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That looks like movie promotion, with Hatachu. Ho-oh and Incineroar alongside it.

I think I'm just going to wait until its revealed.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Quite sure it'll just be midday Lycanroc. I can see Ash not meeting up with Gladion until the Aether Foundation arc is on the horizon, or at least until after olivia. So that way he can train enough to beat her lycanroc and then he'll be ready to take out Gladions. Even better if it evolves from Olivia first and is a surprise for gladion.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Quite sure it'll just be midday Lycanroc. I can see Ash not meeting up with Gladion until the Aether Foundation arc is on the horizon, or at least until after olivia. So that way he can train enough to beat her lycanroc and then he'll be ready to take out Gladions. Even better if it evolves from Olivia first and is a surprise for gladion.

Well yeah Rockruff has a chance to evolve either against Olivia or Gladion, although I'm learning more towards the latter. Rivalries seem to give more motivation and drive for an evolution, so Rockruff has a higher chance to evolve against Gladion.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well yeah Rockruff has a chance to evolve either against Olivia or Gladion, although I'm learning more towards the latter. Rivalries seem to give more motivation and drive for an evolution, so Rockruff has a higher chance to evolve against Gladion.

do you think Ash will end up using Pikachu to battle Olivia's rockruff or do you think Rockruff will evolve by the time Ash ends up battling olivia?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
do you think Ash will end up using Pikachu to battle Olivia's rockruff or do you think Rockruff will evolve by the time Ash ends up battling olivia?

If not Pikachu, then I think either Rowlet, or most likely Litten may star against Olivia. Litten hasn't been a serious official battle till now, so I think it may prove itself in the battle against Olivia.

Everything12

I see their can only be one possibility for this Direct.. WE ARE GETTING A MAGNEMITE MOBILE GAME YEAH BABY. Clearly this means Ash will catch a Magnemite a it will become a special Ash-Magnezone because of their strong bond, the signs only point in the same please its pretty much 100% confirmed

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
If not Pikachu, then I think either Rowlet, or most likely Litten may star against Olivia. Litten hasn't been a serious official battle till now, so I think it may prove itself in the battle against Olivia.

I think Rockruff will star against Olivia just to show the evolution line thing again, with Litten shining against Nanu.

I personally feel Rowlet is going to be the gag mon who is actually OK at battles.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I see their can only be one possibility for this Direct.. WE ARE GETTING A MAGNEMITE MOBILE GAME YEAH BABY. Clearly this means Ash will catch a Magnemite a it will become a special Ash-Magnezone because of their strong bond, the signs only point in the same please its pretty much 100% confirmed

Magikarp Jump is so fun. What I really want is a Pokemon game where each Pokemon has the variety of Magikarp in Magikarp Jump.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, crap, we might just get that new game (and therefore that new Lycanroc form) after all.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well, crap, we might just get that new game (and therefore that new Lycanroc form) after all.

I remember posting a comment around 2 months ago stating that the Akala trials were being delayed because off a potential new game with new features and pokemon that the anime may have to cover. Eventually, I thought it was just a stupid speculation from my part as I actually didn't expect a new game this year, but fortunately it looks like I'm most likely going to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's unpopular opinion, but I just don't like the idea of Pokemon being an annual series because it will eventually turn into CoD or Madden - same game over and over again with better graphics. I'd rather see Pokemon be more like Zelda where there are fewer games, but pretty much all of them are amazing and distinct from one another, because GF doesn't have to rush out a new game every year. However, it's all but guaranteed to be a new main series game because GF wouldn't do a direct for side games.

But that is off-topic and not for me to decide.

Mind you, it's also possible it'll be DP remakes or sequels set in Kanto, in which case there probably wouldn't be any new Pokemon. New forms or regional variants, maybe, but that's it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that we'll have new Pokemon revealed. Also, I believe that Ash's Lycanroc will evolve into the Midday form.

ShadowForce720

It's unpopular opinion, but I just don't like the idea of Pokemon being an annual series because it will eventually turn into CoD or Madden - same game over and over again with better graphics. I'd rather see Pokemon be more like Zelda where there are fewer games, but pretty much all of them are amazing and distinct from one another, because GF doesn't have to rush out a new game every year. However, it's all but guaranteed to be a new main series game because GF wouldn't do a direct for side games.

But that is off-topic and not for me to decide.

Mind you, it's also possible it'll be DP remakes or sequels set in Kanto, in which case there probably wouldn't be any new Pokemon. New forms or regional variants, maybe, but that's it.

Well keep in mind that just because a new main series game gets announce this year that doesn't necessarily mean that it's coming out this year, as they could easily just only give us the names of the game/s and then say that the game/games is coming out in 2018. Or maybe they do give us more information instead of just the titles but still say it's coming out in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.