• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

This direct and maybe corocoro as well as next month's corocoro is the last chance for this 3rd form Lycanroc, otherwise it'll evolve into Midday because I'm pretty sure Rockruff will evolve at least this year.

It's unpopular opinion, but I just don't like the idea of Pokemon being an annual series because it will eventually turn into CoD or Madden - same game over and over again with better graphics. I'd rather see Pokemon be more like Zelda where there are fewer games, but pretty much all of them are amazing and distinct from one another, because GF doesn't have to rush out a new game every year. However, it's all but guaranteed to be a new main series game because GF wouldn't do a direct for side games.

But that is off-topic and not for me to decide.

Mind you, it's also possible it'll be DP remakes or sequels set in Kanto, in which case there probably wouldn't be any new Pokemon. New forms or regional variants, maybe, but that's it.

Remember though, Marshadow is the only event Pokemon within the coding of Sun and Moon.

7th generation has to be a short generation, or they'll need to do something and have Gamefreak introduce a new game that actually includes new event Pokemon for the first time ever.

I'm having hard time imagining 7th generation movies being about Ultra Beasts, Necrozma is a possibility though. I think a majority of this generation's legendary Pokemon most likely have to be an anime thing.

So outside of Necrozma, I have no idea what Pokemon would possibly appear in the 2018 movie.

nickdt

The Pokemon direct is lasting 8 minutes.

6+6 (Sixth day of the sixth month) = 12.

12-8 (Minutes) = 4 (Gen 4 remakes).

But you can also view: 8 minutes... gen 8 confirmed lol.

Don't take this too seriously please.

ShadowForce720

This direct and maybe corocoro as well as next month's corocoro is the last chance for this 3rd form Lycanroc, otherwise it'll evolve into Midday because I'm pretty sure Rockruff will evolve at least this year.

Remember though, Marshadow is the only event Pokemon within the coding of Sun and Moon.

7th generation has to be a short generation, or they'll need to do something and have Gamefreak introduce a new game that actually includes new event Pokemon for the first time ever.

I'm having hard time imagining 7th generation movies being about Ultra Beasts, Necrozma is a possibility though. I think a majority of this generation's legendary Pokemon most likely have to be an anime thing.

So outside of Necrozma, I have no idea what Pokemon would possibly appear in the 2018 movie.

Well if were getting D&P remakes then they could have the 2018 movies show off the new forms of Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus and then for the 2019 and 2020 movie they could do what they did for 2 of the gen 3 movies where they wind up having a next gen pokemon be the star in the last 2 movies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

New forms for old legendaries, perhaps? I could see DP remakes having new forms for Dialga and Palkia and a movie featuring them. Distribution could be shiny forms or something.

I know you've expressed disappointment in the small variety of new Pokemon in the past and probably want more Pokemon, but personally, the idea of introducing new Pokemon in the middle of a generation doesn't sit right with me. For starters, where were all these Pokemon in SM? New species don't just materialze out of the aether. It wouldn't make any sense to have a new game set in Alola with all of these new Pokemon just coming in out of nowhere.

The main reason I don't think there will be any new Pokemon is because I don't think the 3DS is powerful enough to handle 100+ new Pokemon in a generation all with 3D models plus 3D models of every existing Pokemon including forms and shinies plus 3D models of the characters and region plus all the plot, postgame, and new features and mechanics. The fact that Gen VI (AKA the first 3D main series games) was the first gen to give us fewer than 100 new Pokemon suggests this. So unless these new games are coming out for the Switch (which I highly doubt considering the Switch just came out a few months ago, so GF would have had to be working on these games and SM simultaneously), then I don't think new Pokemon being introduced mid-gen is likely.

But I'm getting off-topic. Let's discuss how whatever is going to be announced tomorrow is going to impact teams once we've actually seen what's being announced, alright?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here's my new updated Ash team prediction:

Pikachu
Decidueye
Incineroar
Lycanroc (Midday)
Alolan Sandslash
Kommo-o

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If Stars is revealed, they could add Johto Alolan Regional variants. If one of them becomes part Water, that solves the Wimpod vs Dewpider debate. Plus if that Johto-mon has a Sinnoh evolution, they can tie it in with Gen 4 remakes later.

Red and Blue

If Stars is revealed, they could add Johto Alolan Regional variants. If one of them becomes part Water, that solves the Wimpod vs Dewpider debate. Plus if that Johto-mon has a Sinnoh evolution, they can tie it in with Gen 4 remakes later.

Alternatively he could just go without a water type. I want Sandshrew to be his Alolan varient

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I remember Water Type Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine being speculated on before SM's release. Shame that even if that became a reality, Ash wouldn't get one because he alrwady has a canine Pokemon.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I remember Water Type Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine being speculated on before SM's release. Shame that even if that became a reality, Ash wouldn't get one because he already has a canine Pokemon.

His Rockruff will somehow evolve into Kanto Form Lycanroc.

Anyway, I am curious about this Direct.
Prediction for the Direct:

Magikarp Jump has been so popular, that all Pokemon games from now on will be Magikarp Jump.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I admit that I kind of don't want this to happen, because if it does, we can pretty much kiss the whole "classmates are getting Z-Rings" theory goodbye. :(

SinnohEevee

Ash's Rockruff will evolve into Lycanroc Dawn Forme with a Dawn Stone.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well great, watch as they reveal Eclipse/???? Lycanroc tomorrow and make those of us who said Ash's Lycanroc won't evolve into that look like fools.
I just hope Midday doesn't get treated as **** as Charizard Y got treated if Ash doesn't get it.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Midday Lycanroc is such a nice contrast to Midnight Lycanroc that I still think Ash is getting Midday. Plus, there's still that TCG deck.

If our next games are sequels set in Kanto, then there's no way he's getting the third form. What are they going to do? Make Lycanroc Kanto form? There's no way he could evolve it in that case unless we get a post-league arc set in Kanto, and that would involve Rockruff staying a Rockruff for all of Alola, which is highly unlikely or else PokeFan would not have teased it evolving so soon.

dman_dustin

. Plus, there's still that TCG deck.

But how sure are we that means Ash's Rockruff will evolve into Midday form though. Or is it more likely they just wanted more evolutions and if I remember correctly the only other evolution was Toxapex. So Lycanroc could've just been there as a stand-in for more evolutions and to indicate an evolution into a Lycanroc.

Was the form of Lycanroc mentioned on the card? If then it could just be they were representing Lycanroc in general.

And unless they were ready to reveal a hypothetical 3rd form Lycanroc, I doubt we could say Ash's couldn't evolve into that hypothetical 3rd form just because of Midday form. Because unless 3rd form is actually its own species like Glalie and Froslass is to Snorunt, it will evolve into Lycanroc, don't necessarily think the form represented matters unless it was actually on the card, but then again as I said it could be a placeholder and for wanting there to more evolutions in that TCG set.

Yeah we won't necessarily know anything until they reveal something. I'm only giving this hypothetical Lycanroc form until July in CoroCoro (otherwise its Midday form), since I'm certain Rockruff will evolve soon at least by this year, and it would be strange for them to not reveal Lycanroc in advance (as in revealing it the month before or the month of if Rockruff would be evolving at the exact end of the year).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Midday Lycanroc is such a nice contrast to Midnight Lycanroc that I still think Ash is getting Midday. Plus, there's still that TCG deck.

If our next games are sequels set in Kanto, then there's no way he's getting the third form. What are they going to do? Make Lycanroc Kanto form? There's no way he could evolve it in that case unless we get a post-league arc set in Kanto, and that would involve Rockruff staying a Rockruff for all of Alola, which is highly unlikely or else PokeFan would not have teased it evolving so soon.

Why Kanto? Kanto already had its time, it is Sinnoh's turn for remakes.
20th anniversary came and gone, Kanto remakes would have been perfect for that if anytime.
Delia could always drag Ash home after he fails a test, or Team Rocket could kidnap Pikachu and actually get away and head back to Kanto making Ash have to pursue them. With Bewear also pursuing them to get them back in its den

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Why Kanto? Kanto already had its time, it is Sinnoh's turn for remakes.
20th anniversary came and gone, Kanto remakes would have been perfect for that if anytime.
Delia could always drag Ash home after he fails a test, or Team Rocket could kidnap Pikachu and actually get away and head back to Kanto making Ash have to pursue them. With Bewear also pursuing them to get them back in its den
Because Lillie went to Kanto, not Sinnoh, at the end of SM?

I do not think they're going to remake R/B/Y again. I am suggesting sequels set in Kanto with the entire Kanto region revamped, Pokemon from every region in Kanto, and a completely different storyline (probably continuing Lillie's storyline from the games)

I don't know. I don't care if they do DP remakes, but I kind of don't want SM sequels because I'm afraid that will cause the anime to go back to Gyms and traveling eventually, and I've discussed my issue with that in the past. Part of the reason I enjoyed the SM games so much in the first place was the willingness to break away from the stale old Gym formula. I thought maybe it would be a step in a different direction for the series, that maybe they'd try experimenting with other things, because there's only so much you can do with the Gym formula (I actually want to see a Xenoblade or GTA-style open world Pokemon game one day ^_^;).

But that's neither here nor there.

Was the form of Lycanroc mentioned on the card? If then it could just be they were representing Lycanroc in general.
It was the Midday form, although it was drawn by a TCG artist, so it may mean nothing. Could be just a placeholder as you said, similar to how Mareanie for James wasn't leaked because Mareanie hadn't officially been revealed at the time.

ShadowForce720

Well if they do announce a new main series game tomorrow then there are 3 possibilities as to what it could be and here they are in no particular order:

1.Diamond and Pearl remakes
2. a 3rd version game or sequel games to Pokémon Sun and Moon that would allow you to go back to Kanto in the Post-Game
3. sequel games to Sun and Moon that are set in Kanto

now the full extent of how these games would effect that anime remains to be seen until we know which one of these is actually going to be the next game, however some of the main characters would probably wind up catching pokemon to whatever the next game is for instance if we get D&P remakes then some of the characters might wind up catching some gen 4 pokemon, where as if the game turns out to be the 3rd option then will probably get some 1st generation pokemon that don't have Alolan form join the main cast, and if it's the 2nd option will then there could still be some gen 1 pokemon that join the main cast but there would also be the possibility that the 2nd option would allow for the introduction of new Alolan forms of pokemon that aren't currently found in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

dman_dustin

It was the Midday form, although it was drawn by a TCG artist, so it may mean nothing. Could be just a placeholder as you said, similar to how Mareanie for James wasn't leaked because Mareanie hadn't officially been revealed at the time.

I know the image was of Midday Form, I'm asking if the card specifically called it Midday Form, or was it just Lycanroc in general and it just so happened to be Midday form in the image.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'd like to see either Gen 4 remakes (but if the pattern continues, those would be 2019) or a sequel to Sun/Moon that follows Lillie. Maybe like GSC where you can travel between two regions. Less than an hour now to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.