• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro39

Talking to me or the thread in general? The only gag to this point that is even remotely standing in the way of Rowlet's evolution is the fact it sleeps in Ash's backpack when not being used.

I referring to the thread in general. Guess I should've added the words "can someone" in at the beginning. It just seems that some people here think funny gags a Pokemon has is a main reason why they think it's not going to evolve.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Marshtomp is an odd choice, but I don't think it really means anything. It's one piece of merchandise, andthere's no reason to be promoting ORAS right now.

Only thing I've noticed as far as merch goes is that there has been a lot of Lillie and Cosmog merchandise lately.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
New batch of plushies to be released in July include Ash (S&M), Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Slowpoke... and Marshtomp.

Hey, maybe they do remember Brock. Don't know why Slowpoke is there (still want Alola Form Slowbro with Sharpedo tail)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
New batch of plushies to be released in July include Ash (S&M), Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Slowpoke... and Marshtomp.

Marshtomp..... wat?
I'd love it if Marshtomp/Swampert got something here though.... the line got ripped off again in XY, just like AG. Nobody important owned a Mudkip line member.

nickdt

Mmm Marshtomp. Interesting. And in July. Maybe Brock does make a cameo in the next movie after all.

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

I hope Game Freak makes Alolan Formes for Solrock and Lunatone and then the anime can give them to some of the main characters.

nickdt

I hope Game Freak makes Alolan Formes for Solrock and Lunatone and then the anime can give them to some of the main characters.

Doubt that will happen, else they would have done that already in Sun and Moon. Johto Alolan Forms are next.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Doubt that will happen, else they would have done that already in Sun and Moon. Johto Alolan Forms are next.
Let's not jump to the conclusion that it will only be Johto Pokemon that get Alolan forms, alright?

I, for one, always found it curious that certain Blue version exclusives (Meowth/Persian, Sandshrew/Sandslash, and Vulpix/Ninetales) received Alolan forms, but their Red version counterparts did not.

esquilo09

Let's not jump to the conclusion that it will only be Johto Pokemon that get Alolan forms, alright?

I, for one, always found it curious that certain Blue version exclusives (Meowth/Persian, Sandshrew/Sandslash, and Vulpix/Ninetales) received Alolan forms, but their Red version counterparts did not.

Could you tell me who are the red counterparts?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Vulpix/Ninetales - Growlite/Arcanine
Sandshrew/Sandslash - Ekans/Arbok
Meowth/ Persian - Mankey/Primeape

Yes, I'm aware that Ekans and Arbok aren't in SM but they could be added to USM, who knows? And yes, I'm aware that Meowth/Persian and Mankey/Primeape are available in both versions of FRLG, but they were version exclusive in the originals.

nickdt

Ekans/Arbok - Counterpart to Sandshrew/Sandslash
Growlithe/Arcanine - Counterpart to Vulpix/Ninetales
Mankey/Primeape - Counterpart to Meowth/Persian.

^ What Golden_Latias says.

dman_dustin

Um no, they explicitly stated (Gamefreak) that the only thing they cared about was giving 1st generation and 1st generation ONLY Alolan Regional Variants because of nostalgia and that people would be more familiar with them likely (in part maybe as a result of Pokemon Go though I don't know if that was actually the case, or a coincidence or it was because people know more about 1st generation than future generations). I think it was an interview with Sugimor or Masuda (or some other person who worked on the games) who talked about Sun and Moon.

As Solrock and Lunatone are BOTH 3rd generation Pokemon, they have as much chance to receive Alolan forms as does 2nd generation. Unless they're strictly only doing 2nd generation.

Of course we don't even know if we'll get more regional variants or not.

nickdt

Um no, they explicitly stated (Gamefreak) that the only thing they cared about was giving 1st generation and 1st generation ONLY Alolan Regional Variants because of nostalgia and that people would be more familiar with them likely (in part maybe as a result of Pokemon Go though I don't know if that was actually the case, or a coincidence or it was because people know more about 1st generation than future generations). I think it was an interview with Sugimor or Masuda (or some other person who worked on the games) who talked about Sun and Moon.

As Solrock and Lunatone are BOTH 3rd generation Pokemon, they have as much chance to receive Alolan forms as does 2nd generation. Unless they're strictly only doing 2nd generation.

Of course we don't even know if we'll get more regional variants or not.

Red/Blue/Yellow on the VC - Kanto Alolan Forms

Gold/Silver on the VC - Johto Alolan forms.

Hoenn Alolan Forms make no sense for me, since they are both already tropical based regions and thus there isn't much need for Hoenn mons to change in order to adapt to the Alolan Climate.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope we get some Johto Alolan forms. Hoenn gets too much recognition for being the lowest point of the series game-wise. Imagine an Alolan Dunsparce (Dragon/Fairy or Normal/Dragon) and Alolan Octillery (Grass/Rock or Water/Rock)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I do hope we get regions like Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova Alolan formes as well. Seeing Kanto being favored was the only thing I disliked about Alola formes, I don't want it being just Johto.....
Gen 6 just passed, and gen 5 only got ONE stinking Mega so gen 6 doesn't need an Alolan forme going by their logic.

Unless it drastically changed their appearance, those two aren't main cast material. They're just a bunch of floating rocks

I hope we get some Johto Alolan forms. Hoenn gets too much recognition for being the lowest point of the series game-wise. Imagine an Alolan Dunsparce (Dragon/Fairy or Normal/Dragon) and Alolan Octillery (Grass/Rock or Water/Rock)

Mega Dunsparce would be dope

World Turtle

I'm fully behind Alolan Octillery especially when Hawaii is home to two species of octopi called the Day Octopus and Night Octopus. Perfect for the Sun and Moon games.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't even think Hoenn would be represented because ORAS is still recent.

So, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova then.

ShadowForce720

I don't even think Hoenn would be represented because ORAS is still recent.

So, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova then.

Although a lot of the new Alolan forms introduce will probably be based off of pokemon that were from Johto, I still expect to get some new Alolan forms that are based off of pokemon from Kanto still, although I don't expect a huge amount of them to be based off of 1st gen mons, although when it comes from pokemon from Hoenn-Unova I'm not sure if will get any Alolan forms based off of pokemon from those regions.

dman_dustin

Although a lot of the new Alolan forms introduce will probably be based off of pokemon that were from Johto, I still expect to get some new Alolan forms that are based off of pokemon from Kanto still, although I don't expect a huge amount of them to be based off of 1st gen mons, although when it comes from pokemon from Hoenn-Unova I'm not sure if will get any Alolan forms based off of pokemon from those regions.

I'd say we probably we'll have to wait for future generations before we get more regional variants (especially of later generations), but if there are going to be more regional variants in 7th generation, I do wonder if they at all will plan for the Sun and Moon anime cast will have any.

Hypothetically speaking if we get a new regional variant (in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon) that is of Electric, Fire, Water, Grass will Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana, and Mallow get one? And when?

I can ignore Sophocles for now since he recently got Charjabug, Kiawe probably could use a smaller Pokemon than Turtonator/Charizard, though maybe they'll give him a Cubone later.

But Lana and Mallow could always use one more Pokemon. It's kind of complicated to try and guess Pokemon for these trainers given how many there actually are, and if Ash is going to get a full team, its hard to imagine how many Pokemon the production staff is comfortable giving the main cast (not counting Ash of course)

I mean we already have Popplio, Steenee, Turtonator, Charjabug, Togedemaru, Shiron.

Plus Ash's four Pokemon. Ash should be getting two more Pokemon, will the other characters get more Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.