• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Maybe they changed it because they want to save Salazzle for Plumeria? It's her ace, too, don't forget.

I still have yet to see a good reason for why they woula show a random Alolan Marowak instead of Totem Salazzle among clips of Totem Pokemon. That was a conscious decision that somebody made, so I'm just wondering. Why hide Totem Salazzle? I'm not saying Alolan Marowak is for sure a Totem Pokemon (at least, not anymore), but the possibility is definitely there.

Are people afraid that Totem Alolan Marowak being a thing would stop Kiawe from catching one? Because it wouldn't. People seem perfectly fine with both Ash and Olivia owning Midday Lycanroc. This is literally no different.

You'd only ever see this Salazzle once. Plumeria having one isn't going to hurt. It'd just be stupid having an anime exclusive totem when there already is an existing one of that type. Whose to say Plumeria even gets in? The Shadow Triad didn't, and any villains Ultra introduces are going to take priority.
And yes, yes it does.... Totem Marowak would force Kiawe to wait even longer for a team change. He needs one right NOW. Even Sophocles got one before he did. It is almost as bad as XY's treatment of James. Think how you feel about Popplio evolving, THAT is how I feel about Kiawe catching something. He's my favorite of the classmates

dman_dustin

Maybe they changed it because they want to save Salazzle for Plumeria? It's her ace, too, don't forget.

Are people afraid that Totem Alolan Marowak being a thing would stop Kiawe from catching one? Because it wouldn't. People seem perfectly fine with both Ash and Olivia owning Midday Lycanroc. This is literally no different.

Aren't these two paragraphs completely contradictory to each other.

You can't argue that Salazzle is for Plumeria and that's why they changed it into hypothetically Marowak.

But then suggest that the totem being Alolan Marowak won't prevent Kiawe from getting one.

Not sure why favoritism exists for a non important character but not for a main character.

nickdt

How does a potential Totem Alolan Marowak preventing Kiawe for getting one. The Totem will be there for one episode, two at most.

Else we can say: Jessie having Mimikyu, prevents Mimikyu in the anime for being a Totem. Maybe the writers have been informed that Mimikyu isn't going to be a Totem in USUM. Or Sophocles owning a potential Vikavolt preventing a Totem Vikavolt. For all we know the Ula'Ula Totems are shiny.

But if Mimikyu prevents the Totem Mimikyu, maybe Dhelmise (As Grass/Ghost type) is the Totem cuz of Tapu Bulu being part grass. But thats a stretch though, since they didn't change Wishiwashi into Bruxish for example.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
You'd only ever see this Salazzle once. Plumeria having one isn't going to hurt. It'd just be stupid having an anime exclusive totem when there already is an existing one of that type. Whose to say Plumeria even gets in? The Shadow Triad didn't, and any villains Ultra introduces are going to take priority.
And yes, yes it does.... Totem Marowak would force Kiawe to wait even longer for a team change. He needs one right NOW. Even Sophocles got one before he did. It is almost as bad as XY's treatment of James. Think how you feel about Popplio evolving, THAT is how I feel about Kiawe catching something. He's my favorite of the classmates
Well, right back at you. Hypothetically speaking, we'd only be seeing a Totem Marowak once. That being said, I only say that because dman_dustin is correct, and those two statements are contradictory. I made that remark without really thinking.

As I said, how do we know Totem Marowak isn't a Totem in USM? It's likely those games will have new Totems anyway. Maybe the anime team knew details about USM ahead of time.

Totem Marowak being a thing wouldn't prevent Kiawe from catching one at all. Flannery owning a Torkoal didn't prevent Ash from catching one not long after. Gardenia owning a Turtwig in the games didn't prevent Ash from catching one earlier. Burgh owning a Leavanny didn't stop Ash's Sewaddle from fully evolving eventually. And as I said, people seem perfectly fine with bith Ash and Olivia owning a Midday Lycanroc. Just to name a few examples. I don't see how. Totem Marowak being a thing would prevent Kiawe from catching one.

Kiawe has a powerful, battle-proven Pokenon. Sophocles had one Pokemon we had not even seen in a battle yet and seemed more of a comedy relief mon than anything. Don't see why Kiawe needed a Pokemon more than Sophocles. Even now, I'd argue Lana needs something more than any of Ash's other classmates since she essentially only has one unevolved Pokemon.
I won't deny that Kiawe needs some focus, and I am by no means opposed to him getting an Alolan Marowak. Quite the contrary, as Alolan Marowak is my second favorite Alolan form after Ninetales. I just don't see why he's in desperate need of another Pokemon when the one he does have is far more powerful than any of the other classmates' Pokemon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Not really considering Zygarde core didn't pop up until late in the X&Y anime when it had shifted over to XY&Z

I don't quite see the similarities since the reason why Zygarde Core was introduced late in the Kalos saga was due to it being created late in the first place, but Nebby was introduced in the Sun and Moon games 8 months ago and still hasn't appeared. So I don't know how Nebby and Zygarde Core are in the same boat.

ShadowForce720

I don't quite see the similarities since the reason why Zygarde Core was introduced late in the Kalos saga was due to it being created late in the first place, but Nebby was introduced in the Sun and Moon games 8 months ago and still hasn't appeared. So I don't know how Nebby and Zygarde Core are in the same boat.

My point is that just because we haven't seen Nebby get introduce yet does not mean it won't appear at all, keep in mind when Gladion first showed up and didn't show off Type:Null some people immediately jumped to the conclusion that because Gladion didn't show off Type:Null in the episode he battle Ash that it somehow meant that Gladion wasn't going to get Type:Null and that Type:Null wasn't going to appear in the main anime, since then the whole idea that Type:Null isn't going to show up in the anime and that Gladion won't get it has been disproven.

So my point is there is no time limit on how long it will take for Nebby to show up in the anime, it is really up to the writers, so just because we haven't seen Nebby yet doesn't mean or confirm that Nebby won't show up or that it won't be a plot point in the anime, it doesn't really matter how long it's been since the Sun and Moon games have come out as the writers can introduce Nebby as late as they want. My guess that will probably see Nebby once the Aether Foundation actually pop up in the anime.

nickdt

I think the writers will wait until the USUM release to see if Nebby is still relevant to the plot. If not, there is no point in introducing Nebby, especially considering SuMo is only going to last for 2 years or 2 year and a few months.

World Turtle

I think the writers will wait until the USUM release to see if Nebby is still relevant to the plot. If not, there is no point in introducing Nebby, especially considering SuMo is only going to last for 2 years or 2 year and a few months.

You think we might get the rest of Ash's captures on Akala if we only have two years left?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Let's not jump to conclusions about when this Switch game is coming out, okay?

nickdt

Let's not jump to conclusions about when this Switch game is coming out, okay?

Well... Based on previous releases 2018 is too soon, while 2020 is too late. Knowing GF, they announce a game in the year it comes out. But... since they let us already know they are working on it, the conclusion is either late 2018 or early-mid 2019. I doubt we will get it in 2020, since i doubt they will let us know they are working on it 3 years in advance. Thats why i said Sun and Moon anime is going to last 2 years or 2 years and a few months.

But... then the anime needs to kick the pace up a notch, since the pace feels really slow.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
But... then the anime needs to kick the pace up a notch, since the pace feels really slow.

It's a mix to me.... they take too long to get to the next trial set, then just rush right through the trials when they get to them.... god I miss badges.
Something of Ash's needs to evolve soon though, hopefully Litten

ShadowForce720

Well... Based on previous releases 2018 is too soon, while 2020 is too late. Knowing GF, they announce a game in the year it comes out. But... since they let us already know they are working on it, the conclusion is either late 2018 or early-mid 2019. I doubt we will get it in 2020, since i doubt they will let us know they are working on it 3 years in advance. Thats why i said Sun and Moon anime is going to last 2 years or 2 years and a few months.

I do think there is a good chance that the game could be coming out in late 2019, and before you or someone else tries to say that why would they announce it now if that was the case, keep in mind that after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was announce for the Nintendo 3ds a lot of people were complaining and being salty about the next game not being for the Nintendo Switch, it's entirely plausible and probably even likely that the only reason they announce this early that a pokemon main series game was coming to the switch was because of all the backlash they got when Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were announce.

So the Switch game it's probably still in the early stages of development, and the reason I say this is because look how the announcement was handle, not only did we not get a concrete release date, the release date that they did give was more vague then usual in that so far every pokemon game that is announce they tend to at the very least specify the years it's coming out, also not only did we not get any footage of the new game but we didn't get even get in the names for the new games.

Also no matter how you look at it, it seems odd that the Nintendo Switch main series pokemon game would even get announce this early, considering the announcement came out a few days after the announcement for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, which is odd because even in the cases where a main series pokemon game comes out the year after the previous one they tend to be announce a few days after a previous main series pokemon games has been announce for instance here is how it work for how it breaks down starting from X&Y in terms of main series games announcement:

Pokémon Black 2& White 2 came out in June 23, 2012 in Japan and Pokémon X&Y weren't announce until January-February of 2013 for a Worldwide release date of October 12th 2013.
Where Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire which came out in the following year after X&Y wasn't announce until May 2014 and then came out on November 21st 2014
While in the case Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon it wasn't announce until June 2017 where it's now coming out on November 17th 2017.

Last edited:

desdar300

Then again there is a good chance that the game could be coming out in late 2019, and before you or someone else tries to say that why would they announce it now if that was the case, keep in mind that after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was announce for the Nintendo 3ds a lot of people were complaining and being salty about the next game not being for the Nintendo Switch, it's entirely plausible and probably even likely that the only reason they announce this early that a pokemon main series game was coming to the switch was because of all the backlash they got when Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were announce.

So the Switch game it's probably still in the early stages of development, and the reason I say this is because look how the announcement was handle, not only did we not get a concrete release date, the release date that they did give was more vague then usual in that so far every pokemon game that is announce they tend to at the very least specify the years it's coming out, also not only did we not get any footage of the new game but we didn't get even get in the names for the new games.

Also no matter how you look at it, it seems odd that the Nintendo Switch main series pokemon game would even get announce this early, considering the announcement came out a few days after the announcement for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, which is odd because even in the cases where a main series pokemon game comes out the year after the previous one they tend to be announce a few days after a previous main series pokemon games has been announce for instance here is how it work for how it breaks down starting from X&Y in terms of main series games announcement:

Pokémon Black 2& White 2 came out in June 23, 2012 in Japan and Pokémon X&Y weren't announce until January-February of 2013 for a Worldwide release date of October 12th 2013.
Where Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire which came out in the following year after X&Y wasn't announce until May 2014 and then came out on November 21st 2014
While in the case Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon it wasn't announce until June 2017 where it's now coming out on November 17th 2017.
This is abosoulutly true. Masuda and company are still looking for people to help make HD models on Twitter and around Japan, moreover they've never worked on a console Pokémon game before so it might be pretty challenging for them. So 2019 is almost assured to be when we'll even see footage from them.

ShadowForce720

Okay so out of the 3 remaining pokemon sun and moon episodes left that we have titles for the only really team changes I could see happening in one of these episodes is Lana's Popplio evolving and/or Lana catching another pokemon other then that I can't see anything else happening in regards to team changes for the main cast besides the team changes for Lana that I mention when it comes to episodes 31-33, now the episodes past 33 like 34 and 35 and beyond for instance it's hard to say what other team changes will happen next when we don't even have the episode titles for those episodes.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This is abosoulutly true. Masuda and company are still looking for people to help make HD models on Twitter and around Japan, moreover they've never worked on a console Pokémon game before so it might be pretty challenging for them. So 2019 is almost assured to be when we'll even see footage from them.
To add onto this, a bit of food for thought:

Hypothetically speaking, if we were to get a new Pokemon game coming out in 2018, that would mean we should expect an official announcement at the beginning of the year of said game, just like what they did for XY and SM. Of course, they would want to hype up a new generation throughout the year, show off some of the new Pokemon, etc. Since it would be on the Switch, I would also expect GF to show a trailer showing actual gameplay, like with XY. Problem is, a trailer with actual gameplay would imply this hypothetical Switch game is finished with development or very near it. I find it highly unlikely they'll be completely finished with development for a core Pokemon game on a home console (something GF has never done before) in a span of less than six months. I find it highly unlikely they'll have a completely new Switch game almost or completely finished within the span of less than six months, especially if they're hiring to make HD models.

It's a mix to me.... they take too long to get to the next trial set, then just rush right through the trials when they get to them.... god I miss badges.
Something of Ash's needs to evolve soon though, hopefully Litten
We don't know that Ash is going to rush through the Akala Trials. For all we know, there could be gaps of several episodes between each one.

I think it's more likely Rockruff will be the first of Ash's current team to evolve.

SinnohEevee

If you want James to die, have him catch Bewear
His Pokémon tend to hug him.

Status
Not open for further replies.