• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

You know given what's been seen of Bewear and the direction the series is going I think at this point it's probably safe to say that Jessie will be catching Bewear.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lillie:

Ninetales
Cutiefly
A starter of some sort

If Lillie is the main girl, which it's looking like, I really think she'll acquire a starter to promote, perhaps one of the Kanto ones to go along with her in game storyline.

Red and Blue

Lillie:

Ninetales
Cutiefly
A starter of some sort

If Lillie is the main girl, which it's looking like, I really think she'll acquire a starter to promote, perhaps one of the Kanto ones to go along with her in game storyline.

To bad DP remakes aren't happening this Gen. I would have loved to see Lillie with Chimchar

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Main girl getting a second starter isn't a pattern if it's only happened to two main girls, and with DP remakes looking unlikely this gen, I don't see much reason to give Lillie a starter.

Even with the Kanto starters, May already had Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and Kiawe has a Charizard already, so I find even that unlikely.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Main girl getting a second starter isn't a pattern if it's only happened to two main girls, and with DP remakes looking unlikely this gen, I don't see much reason to give Lillie a starter.

Even with the Kanto starters, May already had Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and Kiawe has a Charizard already, so I find even that unlikely.

Technically Lillie doesn't even have one starter. Unless Lana starts receiving a ton of focus and becomes the main girl, I can't see them not giving Lillie at least one. And before you bring up Iris or Misty, they were different as they both attempted to catch starters who then went to someone else.

Red and Blue

Technically Lillie doesn't even have one starter. Unless Lana starts receiving a ton of focus and becomes the main girl, I can't see them not giving Lillie at least one. And before you bring up Iris or Misty, they were different as they both attempted to catch starters who then went to someone else.

What starter would they give her? All the current ones are taken and Kanto ones are unlikely for reasons Golden provided

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
i hope the other classmates (bar lillie and ash) get some new pokemon on akala island.
Assuming her Trial is coming up in SM33, I don't see Lana catching anything as there really isn't anything for her to catch (maybe I'd believe Wishiwashi if it wasn't the Totem). I could see Popplio evolving at some point, however, and I would be perfectly fine if that's all she gets. Since Sophocles got Charjabug relatively recently, I don't see him catching anything either. But Kiawe and Mallow are definitely fair game. If it's not a Totem, that Alolan Marowak in the opening is definitely a possibility for Kiawe.
I don't know. "Main girl must always own a starter" sounds like a pretty arbitrary rule to me. Especially since you mentioned Misty and Iris (and no, I don't care that they tried to catch one).

However, in both OS and BW, the main girl didn't get a starter because Ash got all three of them. And SM is a bit different in that Ash owns two of the starters and one of the supporting characters owns the third. In fact, if the writers were that concerned with marketing the starters, it would have made far more sense to give Lillie Popplio instead of Alolan Vulpix.

But meh. I still don't see her getting a starter from any region since "main girl must always own a starter" seems pretty arbitrary to me.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What starter would they give her? All the current ones are taken and Kanto ones are unlikely for reasons Golden provided

Not really, Charizard was used by two different people last gen and it still showed up. Bulbasaur and Squirtle haven't been seen properly in awhile except for Bulbasaur's cameo's at the lab and the two or three episodes that Shauna and Tierno used them.

Not to mention that Ivysaur really hasn't been seen that much in the anime outside of Shauna and May's Venusaur only cameo'd for two seconds. They really haven't been focused on which is my main point .

Red and Blue

Not really, Charizard was used by two different people last gen and it still showed up. Bulbasaur and Squirtle haven't been seen properly in awhile except for Bulbasaur's cameo's at the lab and the two or three episodes that Shauna and Tierno used them.

Not to mention that Ivysaur really hasn't been seen that much in the anime outside of Shauna and May's Venusaur only cameo'd for two seconds. They really haven't been focused on which is my main point .

Okay but I still don't think it's all that likely that she will get a Kanto starter. Besides, Misty and Iris showed that a Pokegirl doesn't need a starter

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Lillie's main Pokemon is Nebby anyway. Though it is surprising that a supporting main character got a starter instead of either of the two main characters. Unless they're trying to hint that Lana is third in importance after Ash and Lillie (which I would be totally fine with, as you can see by my user title).

Red and Blue

The writers probably gave Lana Poppolio due to it being one of the few new water types that werent limited to the sea.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lillie doesn't need a starter. All the important ones are taken, and I'd really rather not see more forced Kanto Pokemon spotlight there are six other gens out there to choose Pokemon from. I'd say she should get Piplup, but it doesn't look like we'll get Sinnoh remakes. Not this gen.
Unless say the Johto starters FINALLY get their due in Ultra, and get a Mega/Alola form or some kind of buff..... then give her Chikorita. I'd much rather see Ash's Totodile return and evolve than see Lillie get a Totodile.

The writers probably gave Lana Poppolio due to it being one of the few new water types that werent limited to the sea.

Few? It was half and half. Wishwashi, Bruxish, and Pyumuku for water locked. Wimpod, Dewpider, Mareanie, Popplio for land water types.
They just gave Lana Popplio cause somebody had to have it. And it is WAY too feminine for a male character to have it

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't think Lillie needs a starter either. I think she'll get Nebby and maybe 1, or 2 at the very most, more Pokemon that she bonds with.

Red and Blue

Lillie doesn't need a starter. All the important ones are taken, and I'd really rather not see more forced Kanto Pokemon spotlight there are six other gens out there to choose Pokemon from. I'd say she should get Piplup, but it doesn't look like we'll get Sinnoh remakes. Not this gen.
Unless say the Johto starters FINALLY get their due in Ultra, and get a Mega/Alola form or some kind of buff..... then give her Chikorita. I'd much rather see Ash's Totodile return and evolve than see Lillie get a Totodile.

Few? It was half and half. Wishwashi, Bruxish, and Pyumuku for water locked. Wimpod, Dewpider, Mareanie, Popplio for land water types.
They just gave Lana Popplio cause somebody had to have it. And it is WAY too feminine for a male character to have it

Yeah, but of the four you mentioned it was either Poppolio or Dewpider. Mareanie was probably intended to go to James from the start and Wimpod wasn't an option due to Guzma(and possibly Ash)

Nebbygetinthebag

Here my other prediction of Ash classmates team:
Lillie
Ninetales Alola and Ribombee
Kiawe
Turtotnator and Marowak Alola
Lana
Primarina and Araquanid
Mallow
Tsareena and Lurantis
Sophocles
Togedemaru and Vikavolt.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I actually predict that Rowlet will not evolve. I think that, given its current writing, it's more of a jokey Pokemon with still some battle competence, something like Oshawott, but executed better. I just don't see Rowlet turning into a master archer while maintaining its current personality. And even if they choose to change its personality, I just don't see how they can change its personality realistically while still fitting Decidueye's appearance.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I actually predict that Rowlet will not evolve. I think that, given its current writing, it's more of a jokey Pokemon with still some battle competence, something like Oshawott, but executed better. I just don't see Rowlet turning into a master archer while maintaining its current personality. And even if they choose to change its personality, I just don't see how they can change its personality realistically while still fitting Decidueye's appearance.
Except that Rowlet's personality fits perfectly with the stereotypical personality of its species. It sleeps during the day, because it's an owl, yet it's shown to be pretty good in battle, using its silent flight to its advantage to sneak up on its opponents. (It has also taken the initiative, as it did in trying to rescue Ash from Palossand in SM22.) Rowlet can fully evolve and still retain its quirks through each evolution. Dartrix is known to be a dandy, yet formidable in battle (it seldom misses). Decidueye is known to be cool and cautious, yet seized by panic when it's caught by surprise. Rowlet can full evolve and still be a funny, quirky Pokémon.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

It's interesting to note that there was a Pokken Tournament clip of Decidueye which showed it being goofy. Basically, it blushes and tries to act cool, so I do think if Rowlet evolves all the way, they could possibly keep its similar goofy personality. And remember, I too was one of the few people here who did think that Rowlet wouldn't evolve at all due to reasons you mentioned. While the Pokken video doesn't outrightly confirm Rowlet would evolve, it does raise its chances a bit though.

But I do think though, that both starters won't evolve fully. If Rowlet evolves all the way, then Litten may stay as a Torracat, and vice versa, where if Litten evolves all the way, then Rowlet may stay as it is or max evolve to Dartrix.

Personally though, I would prefer Decidueye to Incineroar. It's been a while since we've had a grass ace, and Decidueye's archer style of battling could be very unique for Ash, while Incineroar seems similar to his past aces,strong bipedal physical attacker. Or they could not care about the starters this gen, and just make his Lycanroc as his ace, something that I would like the most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.