• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Except that Rowlet's personality fits perfectly with the stereotypical personality of its species. It sleeps during the day, because it's an owl, yet it's shown to be pretty good in battle, using its silent flight to its advantage to sneak up on its opponents. (It has also taken the initiative, as it did in trying to rescue Ash from Palossand in SM22.) Rowlet can fully evolve and still retain its quirks through each evolution. Dartrix is known to be a dandy, yet formidable in battle (it seldom misses). Decidueye is known to be cool and cautious, yet seized by panic when it's caught by surprise. Rowlet can full evolve and still be a funny, quirky Pokémon.

I mean of course it follows the "stereotypical personality" of sleeping in the day since it's more of a biological trait as opposed to a personality. I don't see Rowlet becoming the pompous fresh-boi Dartrix since Rowlet really does not show signs of caring of its appearance, unless for some reason they pursue the Dartrix x Steenee thing which pls no. I also don't see Rowlet becoming cool and cautious either given its more goofball personality. I could see more of a Rowlet -> Decidueye transition from goofy to somewhat serious but the whole Dartrix part doesn't really fit the personality line IMO

Zariful

So I was thinking that Lana would actually get the Waterium Z, but then I remembered she doesn't have a Z-Ring. One of my friends pointed out that Ash would get at least 11 Z Crystals. The ones I can think of are Normal, Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Ghost, Dark, Rock, Ground and Dragon. He might've been thinking of Steel as well. But he mentioned some might not be used. I thought if Ash got Waterium Z, he'd probably get a water type soon. As somebody who chose Araquanid as their water type, I'd love Ash to get that. Have Lana maybe showcase a Wishiwashi. Though Kalos proved ash doesn't necessarily need the elemental trio. Still sad he didn't get Skiddo

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Tean Rocket got the Darkinium-Z, and they don't have a Z-Ring either. It's definitely possible for Lana.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Tean Rocket got the Darkinium-Z, and they don't have a Z-Ring either. It's definitely possible for Lana.

Maybe they will get one in the future. Mimikyu and Mareanie can learn Dark type moves.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Maybe they will get one in the future. Mimikyu and Mareanie can learn Dark type moves.
The whole point being that Lana not owning a Z-Ring shouldn't stop her from getting the Waterium-Z, just like TR not owning a Z-Ring didn't stop them from getting the Darkinium-Z.

ShadowForce720

yeah but let's be honest here the main pokemon they will use for the Dark type-Z move will probably be Bewear which will be caught by Jessie. After all the fact that at the end of episode 25 that when Team Rocket is talking about using the Darkinium Z towards the end of the episode it suddenly zoomed in on Bewear, which implies that Bewear will be the one to use the Dark type Z-move. Also just to clarify I do agree that Lana not having a Z-ring yet would not stop her from getting the Waterium-Z.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
yeah but let's be honest here the main pokemon they will use for the Dark type-Z move will probably be Bewear which will be caught by Jessie. After all the fact that at the end of episode 25 that when Team Rocket is talking about using the Darkinium Z towards the end of the episode it suddenly zoomed in on Bewear, which implies that Bewear will be the one to use the Dark type Z-move.

I'm not sure how much that zooming on Bewear means. I still highly doubt that TR will catch Bewear. It's just too OP, too extraordinary for them to have.

ShadowForce720

I'm not sure how much that zooming of Bewear means. I still highly doubt that TR will catch Bewear. It's just too OP, too extraordinary for them to have.

Look given from what we seen combine with that it's probably safe to say that Jessie will get Bewear and that the zooming in on Bewear while talking about the Dark type Z-crystal does mean Bewear will most likely use it. Also there is literally no other reason for them to zoom in and focus on Bewear when Team Rocket was talking about using the Dark type-Z crystal unless it's implying that Bewear is going be using the Dark type Z-move.

As for it be OP, too extraordinary for them to have that is not a valid excuses or reason that they couldn't have Bewear, plus going by that logic then they shouldn't have been able to catch Mimikyu given how OP it is but yet they did, so there is no reason why they can't catch Bewear.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Look given from what we seen combine with that it's probably safe to say that Jessie will get Bewear and that the zooming in on Bewear while talking about the Dark type Z-crystal does mean Bewear will most likely use it. Also there is literally no other reason for them to zoom in and focus on Bewear when Team Rocket was talking about using the Dark type-Z crystal unless it's implying that Bewear is going be using the Dark type Z-move.

How? Where it has been clearly indicated that Jessie will get Bewear? And the zooming...it can mean anything, that doesn't anyway 100% confirm that Bewear will use the Z-move.

If Bewear joins TR, it will have to be nerfed. That thing is just extraordinary.

And regarding Mimikyu, it only goes all-out when Pikachu is around(mostly). So there is a drawback in this case.

ShadowForce720

How? Where it has been clearly indicated that Jessie will get Bewear? And the zooming...it can mean anything, that doesn't anyway 100% confirm that Bewear will use the Z-move.

If Bewear joins TR, it will have to be nerfed. That thing is just extraordinary.

If you combine that with Team Rocket telling Giovani that it's their pokemon and that Jessie specifically went out of her way to give it a gift, and that it showed up in the ending performing a Z-move pose with Jessie and given the direction things are going yes it's probably safe to say that Jessie will get Bewear.As for the zooming in part while it doesn't confirm 100% that Bewear will use the Z-move, it at the very least strongly implies it, as there is literally no other reason they would zoom in on Bewear in that part, especially when they could have just zoomed in on one of Team Rocket's other pokemon instead or even the Dark type Z-crystal itself but they chose to zoom specifically in on Bewear.

And no there is nothing to support the idea that if Team Rocket gets Bewear that it would be nerfed, especially with how strong their current pokemon are. Plus as I recall some people said that oh Team Rocket can't won't get any Z-crystals because it would make them to OP, and yet here we are where they have the Dark type Z-crystal.

At this point it's becoming like the whole thing back during X&Y where a lot of things were pointing and implying that Goodra was going to be leaving the main cast to stay at it's home for a while, but at least one person maybe a few other still said they highly doubt it or that it wouldn't happen and yet it did. At this point and as were progressing through the Sun and Moon anime it's becoming increasing more likely that Jessie will catch Bewear at some point.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If you combine that with Team Rocket telling Giovani that it's their pokemon and that Jessie specifically went out of her way to give it a gift, and that it showed up in the ending performing a Z-move pose with Jessie and given the direction things are going yes it's probably safe to say that Jessie will get Bewear.As for the zooming in part while it doesn't confirm 100% that Bewear will use the Z-move, it at the very least strongly implies it, as there is literally no other reason they would zoom in on Bewear in that part, especially when they could have just zoomed in on one of Team Rocket's other pokemon instead or even the Dark type Z-crystal itself but they chose to zoom specifically in on Bewear.
Jessie giving Bewear a gift can be seen as an indication, but that doesn't necessarily mean she will catch it. Bewear has always shown a specific attraction towars TR, so that could be also the reason it hugged Jessie like that.

The only Dark type move I can honestly see Bewear using is Brutal Swing.

And no there is nothing to support the idea that if Team Rocket gets Bewear that it would be nerfed, especially with how strong their current pokemon are. Plus as I recall some people said that oh Team Rocket can't won't get any Z-crystals because it would make them to OP, and yet here we are where they have the Dark type Z-crystal.
None of TR's current Pokemon are even remotely close to Bewear's level. I would even argue that Bewear is more stronger than a Z-move.

ShadowForce720

Jessie giving Bewear a gift can be seen as an indication, but that doesn't necessarily mean she will catch it. Bewear has always shown a specific attraction towars TR, so that could be also the reason it hugged Jessie like that.

The only Dark type move I can honestly see Bewear using is Brutal Swing.

None of TR's current Pokemon are even remotely close to Bewear's level. I would even argue that Bewear is more stronger than a Z-move.

maybe not on it's own but with everything else it most likely does. Also it was very clear that the reason why Bewear hugged Jessie in that moment was because she gave it a gift. As for TR's current pokemon not be close to Bewear's level and how do you know that when we've never seen Mareanie or Mimikyu specifically fight Bewear, and so far there has been nothing to imply that Bewear could beat Mimikyu at full power if they both fought each other.

Plus may I remind you that in episode 12 when James caught Mareanie, Team Rocket manage to beat Ash fair square in a pokemon battle and they only thing that stopped them from stealing Pikachu and Rowlet at that point was the fact that Bewear just happened to show up at that point. Plus if you look at it so far Pikachu has never beaten Mimikyu on it's own. Plus considering some of the main cast pokemon will most likely be evolving at some point, and that there is a good chance that the UB's will show up at some point Team Rocket is going to need to have Bewear, to help keep it.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
maybe not on it's own but with everything else it most likely does. Also it was very clear that the reason why Bewear hugged Jessie in that moment was because she gave it a gift. As for TR's current pokemon not be close to Bewear's level and how do you know that when we've never seen Mareanie or Mimikyu specifically fight Bewear, and so far there has been nothing to imply that Bewear could beat Mimikyu at full power if they both fought each other.

Bewear efforlessly jumps from building to building, easily moves through water-bodies, carries away TR and their Pokemon in a few seconds elsewhere in its lap, basically in a jiffy. I fail to see how any of TR's Pokemon, even Mimikyu at full strengh, is close to it's level.

ShadowForce720

Bewear efforlessly jumps from building to building, easily moves through water-bodies, carries away TR and their Pokemon in a few seconds elsewhere in its lap, basically in a jiffy. I fail to see how any of TR's Pokemon, even Mimikyu at full strengh, is close to it's level.

Yes all those are amazing feats, but it doesn't really say anything about how strong Bewear is in an actual battle, so it could easily be a case where Mimikyu might actually be stronger then Bewear or at the very least on par with it.

Spyro39

Yes all those are amazing feats, but it doesn't really say anything about how strong Bewear is in an actual battle, so it could easily be a case where Mimikyu might actually be stronger then Bewear or at the very least on par with it.

Given the immense strength it has shown in the anime, it's pretty clear that Bewear could be strong in battling too if given the opportunity.

Also, Mimikyu may be stronger than Bewear only because it's a Ghost/Fairy type Pokemon. Any Normal- and Fighting-type moves Bewear has are useless against Mimikyu, and it's weak to Mimikyu's Fairy-type moves.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Mimikyu's best feat is beating the crap out of Alolan Totem Raticate in a few seconds, but still how Bewear carries away TR's Pokemon in a few seconds in its laps, I still doubt Mimikyu is close to its level.

Also, Mimikyu may be stronger than Bewear only because it's a Ghost/Fairy type Pokemon. Any Normal- and Fighting-type moves Bewear has are useless against Mimikyu, and it's weak to Mimikyu's Fairy-type moves.

And Mimikyu's Ghost Type moves are useless against Bewear as well. Anyway, type advantages hardly matters when you're not on the same level. Bewear basically carries TR's Pokemon in its arms in a jiffy.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Mimikyu's best feat is beating the crap out of Alolan Totem Raticate in a few seconds, but still how Bewear carries away TR's Pokemon in a few seconds in its laps, I still doubt Mimikyu is close to its level.

And Mimikyu's Ghost Type moves are useless against Bewear as well. Anyway, type advantages hardly matters when you're not on the same level. Bewear basically carries TR's Pokemon in its arms in a jiffy.

again being easily able to run that fast doesn't automatically mean that in terms battling strength that Mimikyu would be that far behind Bewear.

not really considering that Mimikyu could not use it's Ghost type moves against Totem Raticate and yet it still won against it by using Play Rough and Wood Hammer. In which case it's still able to use Wood Hammer and Play Rough against Bewear.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
again being easily able to run that fast doesn't automatically mean that in terms battling strength that Mimikyu would be that far behind Bewear.

Uh. but the fact that Bewear can efforlessly carry them incapicitated in its arms clearly shows that its strength is far beyond.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
not really. And that still doesn't indicate how strong it would be in a actual battle.

That does indicate that its strength would be incredible in an actual battle, I think that's pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.