• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
I haven't been on Serebii in a while. Where are people getting these Lycanroc third form ideas from?
There are two things:

1. Placeholder data for another Lycanroc hidden in Sun and Moon games discovered by the hackers.
2. The fact that GLadion has Midnight form and Olivia has Midday form. Ash's Rockruff evolving into either of the two would feel...off, because the forms have already debuted and are both owned by major characters. So Ash getting Midday or Midnight would feel unnecessary. This is why fans think the placeholder data could indicate Ash gets a new Lycanroc form.

NeoDude-5000

Ash has had Pokemon already owned by major characters before. He had Torterra and Gliscor which Paul had, before he caught Krokorok Clay had one, Greninja which the ninja guys had and yes I know Ash's was a special one but still they were recurring characters. Just because 2 characters have a Lycanroc with a different form each doesn't mean Ash isn't getting one of them. I mean yeah its still possible for Ash to get the fabled 3rd form if it happens, but right now I see Midday form being the form to get.

Red and Blue

Ash has had Pokemon already owned by major characters before. He had Torterra and Gliscor which Paul had, before he caught Krokorok Clay had one, Greninja which the ninja guys had and yes I know Ash's was a special one but still they were recurring characters. Just because 2 characters have a Lycanroc with a different form each doesn't mean Ash isn't getting one of them. I mean yeah its still possible for Ash to get the fabled 3rd form if it happens, but right now I see Midday form being the form to get.

It's not just both forms belonging to major characters. According to recent merchandise we are getting a mystery Pokemon reveal the same day as episode 37. It can't be a coincidence.

dman_dustin

There are two things:

1. Placeholder data for another Lycanroc hidden in Sun and Moon games discovered by the hackers.
2. The fact that GLadion has Midnight form and Olivia has Midday form. Ash's Rockruff evolving into either of the two would feel...off, because the forms have already debuted and are both owned by major characters. So Ash getting Midday or Midnight would feel unnecessary. This is why fans think the placeholder data could indicate Ash gets a new Lycanroc form.

Yes those are the only 2 reasons why I think a 3rd form exist.

That's not necessarily it, like I couldn't give a crap about Gladion's Midnight form Lycnaroc, but they PURPOSEFULLY changed Olivia's Midnight form to Midday, that literally makes NO sense because if Ash's was going to have his Rockruff evolve INTO one relatively soon, and potentially have a rematch with Olivia, because he hypothetically loses, its NOT going to make ANY sense to have a Midday vs Midday Lycanroc especially since neither are shiny (otherwise Rockruff would either be Blue or Lycanroc would be blue as well)

And even then if Ash somehow beats Olivia, its still not going to make any sense, because it would've been UNNECESSARY to change Olivia's Lycanroc, given that Ash's was going to just hypothetically get his relatively soon after.

The only thing that could resolve the big confusion mess in my head is if it evolves into 3rd form, otherwise I'm going to be pissed if it evolves into Midday form, and changing Olivia's Lycanroc for no DAMN reason. I'll even be more pissed if Ash DOES lose to Olivia, and brings back Midday Lycanroc vs Midday Lycanroc, because that will definitely make me ask "WHY THE HELL DID YOU CHANGE HER LYCANROC?" So if Ash does beat Olivia, and then evolves into Midday, at least I'll be less pissed, but still pissed that they needlessly changed her Lycanroc because "Wynaut"

Only way the writers/producers get away from being completely stupid (outside of Ash actually beating Olivia and not using his Lycanroc against her's, unless Ash DOES get Midnight) is if it evolves into the hypothetical 3rd form.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

The ninja guy hardly counts as a major character. He made like 4 episode appearances total, if they had actually made him an rival then you'd have a point.
Clay was barely around either.

And Paul was different, he had all those different Pokemon to use. He wasn't limited to using Torterra and Gliscor all the time he battled.
Gladion however is a main character, and crucial to the plot. They're not going to have two Midnights walking around, that'd just get confusing. And Olivia's appeared well enough to showcase Midday, why would she even have a Midday if Ash was just going to get one? They could have just kept her with Midnight Lycanroc if that was the case.

ShadowForce720

The ninja guy hardly counts as a major character. He made like 4 episode appearances total, if they had actually made him an rival then you'd have a point.
Clay was barely around either.

And Paul was different, he had all those different Pokemon to use. He wasn't limited to using Torterra and Gliscor all the time he battled.
Gladion however is a main character, and crucial to the plot. They're not going to have two Midnights walking around, that'd just get confusing. And Olivia's appeared well enough to showcase Midday, why would she even have a Midday if Ash was just going to get one? They could have just kept her with Midnight Lycanroc if that was the case.

I don't know why here Lycanroc would be changed to Midday Lycanroc if Ash's Rockruff is going to evolve into that form, however that being said after Ash gets the Rockium-Z I wouldn't be that surprised if we don't see Oliva that much anymore, because unlike Gladion who we will probably see more often with his Midnight Lycanroc, it wouldn't really be overkill on Midday if after the Ash beats Oliva we don't really see her anymore. Or if we do if it's like a really rare for her to show up.

Zoruagible

I don't know why here Lycanroc would be changed to Midday Lycanroc if Ash's Rockruff is going to evolve into that form, however that being said after Ash gets the Rockium-Z I wouldn't be that surprised if we don't see Oliva that much anymore, because unlike Gladion who we will probably see more often with his Midnight Lycanroc, it wouldn't really be overkill on Midday if after the Ash beats Oliva we don't really see her anymore. Or if we do if it's like a really rare for her to show up.

It'll still end up with a heck of a lot more appearances in total than Midnight will.
That is why it would be dumb if Rockruff for some reason doesn't end up Lycanroc3. Like you said, she could just disappear after Akala's Trials are done much like Hala.... so why can't she have Midnight too if Ash would just have Midday anyways?

Right now, Midday is getting proper treatment... which is nice when you think back to Mega Charizard Y's only appearance. Getting it's *** kicked by Mega Zard X. I'm so glad they aren't doing that to Midday. Even if Midday probably never appears again after Ash inevitably beats Olivia.
Olivia's not just some gym leader where sharing a Pokemon with Ash doesn't matter, the fact she's stuck around this long changes that. Hala sure, Ash could have owned Crabrawler but Ash not getting Fightnium tossed that chance out the window.
I wouldn't be surprised if they changed another Kahuna's ace either if Ash happens to get the same Pokemon species. Depending on who the Kahunas are in Ultra anyways, Nanu's ace is likely staying the same no matter what cause Litten.

Hoennking

Iwanko pokedex entey

Rockruff, the Puppy Pokémon. A Rock type. Rockruff have lived with humans since ancient times. They train themselves by running around. Rockruff evolves into Lycanroc, which has two different forms based on when it evolves. It evolves into Midday Form Lycanroc during the day and Midnight Form Lycanroc during the night.

Furthermore, when it gets close to evolving, Rockruff's temperament becomes more aggressive, and it tends to act more independent. It's common for it to disappear and then return after it has evolved.

Read the 2nd line. Evolution is definitely soon

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Just because 2 characters have a Lycanroc with a different form each doesn't mean Ash isn't getting one of them. I mean yeah its still possible for Ash to get the fabled 3rd form if it happens, but right now I see Midday form being the form to get.

I just wouldn't see the point of there being two Midday Lycanroc owned by important characters in SM, assuming that we'd see Olivia's Lycanroc again of course. Ash's Rockruff evolving into the fabled third form would at least kill two birds with one stone by providing promotion for US/UM within the main cast. ^^

World Turtle

Olivia is leaving after Akala. The only characters that determine who gets what and if he/she has this Pokemon then no one else is getting it is Ash, his friends/classmates, and Team Rocket. None of the other characters factor into that.

Red and Blue

Olivia is leaving after Akala. The only characters that determine who gets what and if he/she has this Pokemon then no one else is getting it is Ash, his friends/classmates, and Team Rocket. None of the other characters factor into that.

We may not have seen the last of Olivia. She is one of the E4 after all.

Zoruagible

So is Hala, but we haven't seen him since Ash beat him and he LIVES on the island they go to school at.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I don't think Olivia will be an E4 member in the anime, the way how Hala was treated.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Yeah I agree with the people who say Olivia will not be an E4 this series. Remember, she, Hala and Acerola were roped in last minute by Kukui because he wanted to build the a league. There's been no hints or indication that there's going to be a league in the series, so I don't see Hala and Olivia being roped in last minute and becoming Elite Four members in the anime.

However, I do disagree that we may not see Olivia at all after Akala. If the Ultra Beasts follow the game plot, we may see her and Hala and other Kahunas become involved in the threat.

DavidD001

So as of the new episode Ash has obtained the Grassium Z crystal from Totem Lurantis...this brings Ash up to 3 crystals now.....Normalium Z, Electrium Z, & Grassium Z.
Though Litten did Breakneck Blitz for the first time and Mallow was right next to Ash as he battled Totem Lurantis.

Zariful

Rowlet seems to be really good in team situations. It protected Litten from that water gun and took out Castform. I wouldn't be as salty if Ash beat Olivia. It's cool that all of Ash's team has used a z move now. I'd like to think that ash will get at least 5-6 more crystals. Rock, Fire, Steel, Ghost, Dark and Ground. Maybe Dragon too.

ShadowForce720

You know I have to wonder which pokemon Mallow will catch because I do think she will eventually catch another pokemon show she has at least 1 more pokemon besides her current partner pokemon Steenee. Looking at the options most of them have already debuted so I wouldn't be that surprised if Mallow catches a pokemon that has already debuted as just because the pokemon debuting already wouldn't really stop her from getting it.

So looking the options here these are the options:
pokemon that have already debuted:
Fomantis line
Morelull line
Cutiefly line
Alolan Exeggutor

pokemon that have yet to debut:
Dhelmise
A Alolan form that is introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

P1anetfunstore

So I'm a little confused with the Sun & Moon anime. I saw that Ash got the Grassium Z today. Does he have all the ones before it? I know that he battled Kiawe but the Firium Z isn't listed under his available Z crystals?

Status
Not open for further replies.