• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
With regards to Lana, I think an evolution for Popplio is more likely than a capture, personally. If only because unless USM changes her ace to something else, it's obvious Dewpider/Araquanid is going to be her other Pokemon (she's the only one of the Trial Captain quartet who doesn't have her in-game ace), and that isn't debuting in any of the coming episodes.

Master Pikachu 11

I always thought Tapu Bulu was going to play a role in helping Rowlet in evolving into Dartrix and then Decidueye. I might even think Tapu Bulu will give Ash the Decidium-Z, or if we were to go by the "Z-Crystal evolving" theory, Tapu Bulu "evolves" one of Ash's Z-Crystal (Grassium-Z or Ghostium-Z, provided he gets the Ghostium-Z in Ula'la Island) into the Decidium-Z.

I do agree that Litten is in need of something given that Ash doesn't have a Firium-Z, so I won't complain if Tapu Bulu focuses on Litten. It's just that Tapu Bulu and Rowlet are both Grass-Types. That being said, unless Litten has evolved into Torracat prior to going to Ula'la Island or Ash gets a Firium-Z, it'll need something while they're on that island, and I'll be fine if Tapu Bulu chooses to focus on Litten.

Again as I stated in my post to dman, instead of the crystals evolving couldn't Kukui just give Ash Incinium and Deciduium Z like he does in the games after all in the Totem Gumshoos episode, Kukui did say that there are other ways to get crystals but taking part of the trials is the sure way!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Again as I stated in my post to dman, instead of the crystals evolving couldn't Kukui just give Ash Incinium and Deciduium Z like he does in the games after all in the Totem Gumshoos episode, Kukui did say that there are other ways to get crystals but taking part of the trials is the sure way!
But if Ash doesn't do anything to earn them, wouldn't they just break like the Electrium-Z did?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Mallow: Oranguru
Lana: Dhelmise
Lillie: Capture in episode 41-50

It's time for everyone to have at least one capture and regardless of battling or not, even Serena caught a pokemon by 50.

And I think if the Prof. finds him worthy, doesn't that mean he earned it??

ShadowForce720

Mallow: Oranguru
Lana: Dhelmise
Lillie: Capture in episode 41-50

It's time for everyone to have at least one capture and regardless of battling or not, even Serena caught a pokemon by 50.

And I think if the Prof. finds him worthy, doesn't that mean he earned it??

Not necessarily because remember back when he got his Z-ring and 1st Electrium from Tapu Koko, it seemed like Tapu Koko thought Ash was worthy of both but the 1st Electrium-Z shattered, so Tapu Koko had to wait until Ash beat Hala before it was able to give him an Electrium-Z in a situation where the Z-crystal wouldn't break. It's highly possible that if Kukui just handed a Deciduium Z like he does in the games then it would just break.

Well if that is the case then why did Kukui say doing the trials isn't the only way to get Z crystals?

It's already been established in the anime that Z-crystals will break if someone who didn't earn them used them. There are probably other ways to earn Z-crystals, it's just that we haven't seen them yet and yes the Z-crystal evolving into another Z-crystal would still be consider earning them. But if what your saying happens where Kukui just gives Ash a Z-crystal like say Deciduium Z where Ash hasn't done anything to really earn that Z-crystal then it's going to break, because at the end of the day it would be no different from Ash giving Mallow his Grassium-Z, although she could use it, she would only be able to use it one time and then it would break because she didn't earn it.

It's possible that for instance a character could win a Z-crystal in a race and that it might wind up being counted as the character earning the Z-crystal.

Last edited:

Zariful

I hope we get a capture soon where the main character wins a battle. I guess you could count Marowak. Though those types of captures were always cool

MegaSalamence05

Question I know Ash now has a Lycanroc. My question is that with the opening itself and that shaded Lycanroc will that be Dusk-Form Lycanroc?? As the designs are pretty similar between the Midday and the Dusk forms.

Now for new predictions:

Ash:
Pikachu
Rowlet - Dartrix - Decidueye
Lycanroc-Dusk
Litten - Torracat - Incineroar
Wimpod
Passimian
Drampa
Cosmog - Cosmoem - Solgaleo

Lillie
Alolan Vulpix
Stufful
Cosmog - Cosmoem - Lunalla

Kiawe
Charizard
Turtonator
Alolan Marowak

Sophocles
Togedemaru
Charjabug - Vikavolt
Minoir

Lana
Popplio - Brionne
Dewpider - Araquanid
Bruxish

Mallow
Steenee - Tsareena
Oranguru
Cutiefly - Ribombee

Now that we've finished the 6 main cast members of the entire group. You're probably wondering why I'm including Cosmog - Cosmoem - Solgaleo and Cosmog - Cosmoem - Lunalla. On Ash's and Lillie's teams, hear me out. With every generation legends are at the forefront of every big arc in the anime in regards to Evil, Scheming teams.
For Example:
Gen 1 - Mewtwo and Giovanni
Gen 2 - Lugia and Team Rocket
Gen 3 - Groudon and Kyogre with Team Magma and Aqua respectfully
Gen 4 - Dialga and Palkia with Team Galactic
Gen 5 - Meloetta with Team Rocket and Reshiram with Team Plasma
Gen 6 - Zygarde with Team Flare

Now with what I'm thinking is that Ash and Lillie are going to be using Solgaleo and Lunalla to face the entire legion of Ultra Beasts. As they are 6 characters in total, Ash, Lana and Sophocles are one team and Lillie, Kiawe and Mallow are the other team in the event they get separated. Since I feel this might be time to see main characters have legendary pokemon, it might be a stretch I get it trust me. As Cosmog is the only pokemon ever to evolve into the mascot legendary. (I hope I'm not spoiling the Sun and Moon games here), the timing couldn't be better for Ash to get a Legendary Pokemon. The 2 Tapu Guardians have already recognised Ash as a worthy trainer. Tapu Koko - Z-Moves and Tapu Lele - Dusk Form Lycanroc. Something big is in development I find and this might be it.

ShadowForce720

Question I know Ash now has a Lycanroc. My question is that with the opening itself and that shaded Lycanroc will that be Dusk-Form Lycanroc?? As the designs are pretty similar between the Midday and the Dusk forms.

Now for new predictions:

Ash:
Pikachu
Rowlet - Dartrix - Decidueye
Lycanroc-Dusk
Litten - Torracat - Incineroar
Wimpod
Passimian
Drampa
Cosmog - Cosmoem - Solgaleo

Lillie
Alolan Vulpix
Stufful
Cosmog - Cosmoem - Lunalla

Kiawe
Charizard
Turtonator
Alolan Marowak

Sophocles
Togedemaru
Charjabug - Vikavolt
Minoir

Lana
Popplio - Brionne
Dewpider - Araquanid
Bruxish

Mallow
Steenee - Tsareena
Oranguru
Cutiefly - Ribombee

Now that we've finished the 6 main cast members of the entire group. You're probably wondering why I'm including Cosmog - Cosmoem - Solgaleo and Cosmog - Cosmoem - Lunalla. On Ash's and Lillie's teams, hear me out. With every generation legends are at the forefront of every big arc in the anime in regards to Evil, Scheming teams.
For Example:
Gen 1 - Mewtwo and Giovanni
Gen 2 - Lugia and Team Rocket
Gen 3 - Groudon and Kyogre with Team Magma and Aqua respectfully
Gen 4 - Dialga and Palkia with Team Galactic
Gen 5 - Meloetta with Team Rocket and Reshiram with Team Plasma
Gen 6 - Zygarde with Team Flare

Now with what I'm thinking is that Ash and Lillie are going to be using Solgaleo and Lunalla to face the entire legion of Ultra Beasts. As they are 6 characters in total, Ash, Lana and Sophocles are one team and Lillie, Kiawe and Mallow are the other team in the event they get separated. Since I feel this might be time to see main characters have legendary pokemon, it might be a stretch I get it trust me. As Cosmog is the only pokemon ever to evolve into the mascot legendary. (I hope I'm not spoiling the Sun and Moon games here), the timing couldn't be better for Ash to get a Legendary Pokemon. The 2 Tapu Guardians have already recognised Ash as a worthy trainer. Tapu Koko - Z-Moves and Tapu Lele - Dusk Form Lycanroc. Something big is in development I find and this might be it.

I fail to see why some people are so insistent on having a Wimpod that doesn't evolve on Ash's team, I mean seriously there better options then Wimpod if you want a pokemon that can evolved but doesn't on Ash's team, and before some one says oh well Wimpod has plenty of moves that it could use from it's move pool for it's move set, the problem is if you look at Wimpod it only learns two moves through being raised and that Struggle Bug and Sand Attack all the others are Egg moves or have to be taught by TM, and sure while their has been pokemon on the main cast before that had egg moves or TMs moves in their move set the problem is with Wimpod you would essentially have to have either it's entire move set composed of those moves or have 3 of it's moves in it's move set composed of those move, the problem here is evolution for Wimpod is to beneficial for it to pass up.

There really isn't any argument you can use that would justify Wimpod not evolving and if you worried about Guzma having a Golisopod you could either make it shiny or better yet Ash could just not get a Wimpod to begin with. I mean in many ways it's like saying oh well if a Magikarp wound up on the main cast it could just stay unevolved, look like Magikarp there is no reasonable scenario where you can honestly expect Wimpod or Magikarp for that matter to beat their evolutions in a way that wouldn't seem like complete BS, and before you try to bring up stuff like oh well Pikachu has beaten Raichu before and Buizel beat it's evolution so it's been shown that pokemon can beat their evolutions, the problem with that argument is that all the pokemon that have beaten their evolutions were in as bad of a position as Wimpod, as they had some power to back it up where as Wimpod on the other hand doesn't and it were to attack a Golisopod it would probably feel more like a light tap to Golisopod.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I fail to see why some people are so insistent on having a Wimpod that doesn't evolve on Ash's team, I mean seriously there better options then Wimpod if you want a pokemon that can evolved but doesn't on Ash's team, and before some one says oh well Wimpod has plenty of moves that it could use from it's move pool for it's move set, the problem is if you look at Wimpod it only learns two moves through being raised and that Struggle Bug and Sand Attack all the others are Egg moves or have to be taught by TM, and sure while their has been pokemon on the main cast before that had egg moves or TMs moves in their move set the problem is with Wimpod you would essentially have to have either it's entire move set composed of those moves or have 3 of it's moves in it's move set composed of those move, the problem here is evolution for Wimpod is to beneficial for it to pass up.

There really isn't any argument you can use that would justify Wimpod not evolving and if you worried about Guzma having a Golisopod you could either make it shiny or better yet Ash could just not get a Wimpod to begin with. I mean in many ways it's like saying oh well if a Magikarp wound up on the main cast it could just stay unevolved, look like Magikarp there is no reasonable scenario where you can honestly expect Wimpod or Magikarp for that matter to beat their evolutions in a way that wouldn't seem like complete BS, and before you try to bring up stuff like oh well Pikachu has beaten Raichu before and Buizel beat it's evolution so it's been shown that pokemon can beat their evolutions, the problem with that argument is that all the pokemon that have beaten their evolutions were in as bad of a position as Wimpod, as they had some power to back it up where as Wimpod on the other hand doesn't and it were to attack a Golisopod it would probably feel more like a light tap to Golisopod.

That's what I'm saying. If Ash is going to catch a Wimpod, it has to evolve. It's like keeping a coccon Pokemon in its cocoon stage.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I want Ash to get a Wimpod.... but I don't want him to if he doesn't have a Water z-crystal. How would he even get one? They just use Ultra's Water Trial as well as the Fire one? And use the Grass to give Mallow her z-crystal?
I don't want to see Totem Wishiwashi coming back, that is the last Totem Pokemon I'd want to see in another episode.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I want Ash to get a Wimpod.... but I don't want him to if he doesn't have a Water z-crystal. How would he even get one? They just use Ultra's Water Trial as well as the Fire one? And use the Grass to give Mallow her z-crystal?
I don't want to see Totem Wishiwashi coming back, that is the last Totem Pokemon I'd want to see in another episode.

Well they did say that trials giving out z crystals isn't regular so he can get it from someone else down the line. Or he could fine one somewhere. I mean presumably if pokemon are making them, then he can find one in the wild.

That's one thing I don't get. Do Olivia and Hala go around and give these Totem pokemon the z crystals to give out to challengers or do the pokemon get/make them from somewhere??

ShadowForce720

Well they did say that trials giving out z crystals isn't regular so he can get it from someone else down the line. Or he could fine one somewhere. I mean presumably if pokemon are making them, then he can find one in the wild.

That's one thing I don't get. Do Olivia and Hala go around and give these Totem pokemon the z crystals to give out to challengers or do the pokemon get/make them from somewhere??

That's the thing the origins of the Z-crystal's are a complete mystery right now as there is no confirmed origin for them. However if Ash just say just randomly find a Steelium-Z picks it up uses the Steel type Z-move with Pikachu the Steelium-Z is going to shatter after it's used since he didn't really earn it he just randomly founded it and picked it up with no opposition to him picking it up.

TheScentedApple

Yo guys what was it Olympia said about deep green eyes last season in X and Y?? Cause im pretty sure it maybe have been Lycanrocs evolution that she saw, not necessarily Zygarde complete form, which had white eyes instead. Just something to think about

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
But if Ash doesn't do anything to earn them, wouldn't they just break like the Electrium-Z did?
It broke because he didn't master the pose iirc and way to use it, once he did that Goga Volt Havoc worked fine. He practiced Breakneck Blitz and Bloom Doom, he seems to be using Continental Crash next episode. Also it broke most likely because they wanted him use the "Mastered" version against Tapu Koko as the writers set up their confrontation early on. I'm not expecting every Crystal to be "earned" especially with USUM possibly adding more.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's the thing the origins of the Z-crystal's are a complete mystery right now as there is no confirmed origin for them. However if Ash just say just randomly find a Steelium-Z picks it up uses the Steel type Z-move with Pikachu the Steelium-Z is going to shatter after it's used since he didn't really earn it he just randomly founded it and picked it up with no opposition to him picking it up.

Honestly I think we're taking that particular phrase too seriously tbh. I think they were more so talking about the Z ring and at least the first crystal. Now that Ash has proven he can use multiple z crystals correctly, I feel like he should be fine to use any of them.

Plus if that's the case then TR's is definitely gonna shatter right away cuz Raticate didn't give it to them willingly.

ShadowForce720

Honestly I think we're taking that particular phrase too seriously tbh. I think they were more so talking about the Z ring and at least the first crystal. Now that Ash has proven he can use multiple z crystals correctly, I feel like he should be fine to use any of them.

Plus if that's the case then TR's is definitely gonna shatter right away cuz Raticate didn't give it to them willingly.

Not necessarily because if you think about it, Team Rocket did technically earn it since their Mimikyu beat Totem Alolan Raticate pretty fairly, so regardless of whether or not Totem Raticate gave it willing they did earn it. It doesn't matter how many Z-crystal Ash or the other characters can use they still have to earn the Z-crystals, as if there given to the characters on a silver platter which what basically you and Blue Saturday are suggesting then Z-crystal that is used will just shatter.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't see Ash catching a Pokemon in about 10-15 episodes from here on. Dusk Lycanroc, will all the hype it has created so far, desperately needs exposure/focus now. Litten hasn't done much after its capture and it needs some exposure/focus as well. These things at least need to happen in my view before Ash catches another Pokemon.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
With all this Alolan Sandshrew merchandise coming out, I'm pretty convinced it's going to be Ash's next capture.

ShadowForce720

I don't see Ash catching a Pokemon in about 10-15 episodes from here on. Dusk Lycanroc, will all the hype it has created so far, desperately needs exposure/focus now. Litten hasn't done much after its capture and it needs some exposure/focus as well. These things at least need to happen in my view before Ash catches another Pokemon.

I wouldn't count on Ash not catching something within 10-15 episodes, sure Litten needs to get more focus and exposure and Dusk Lycanroc needs to be shown a bit more it's move set shown off, but really I don't think those things would stop Ash from getting another capture in about 10-15 episodes from now, because even if Ash does get another capture that doesn't mean that the other pokemon won't get any focus, if anything I think we would get a situation where the new capture gets a little bit of focus, Dusk Lycanroc gets an episode and some scenes to show off it's move set and still winds up being active while the focus shift to mainly Rowlet and Litten, and then they wind up evolving and by the time the Ula Ula Island stuff starts the new capture will start getting an increase in focus.

With all this Alolan Sandshrew merchandise coming out, I'm pretty convinced it's going to be Ash's next capture.

You know if Alolan Sandshrew does wind up being Ash's next capture and if he's getting it relatively soon I think there is a good chance that maybe the prize in episode 41 will wind up being a pokemon egg that winds up getting in it hatches into a baby Alolan Sandshrew, of course possible that he gets Alolan Sandshrew in a different episode and/or in a different way but I wouldn't be that surprised if the prize in episode 41 does wind up turning out to be an Alolan Sandshrew egg and it winds up going to Ash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.