• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Well Ash is bound to get his first Ghost type once Rowlet becomes Decidueye (which will happen if for no other reason than Rowlet is the "bird" of the region and hence will likely fully evolve). My question might be broader than the topic of this thread though basically it's what Psychic, Steel and Fairy types do you think would be a good "fit" for Ash first amongst Alola Pokémon including Alolan forms and second amongst all known Pokémon uptill now.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well Ash is bound to get his first Ghost type once Rowlet becomes Decidueye (which will happen if for no other reason than Rowlet is the "bird" of the region and hence will likely fully evolve). My question might be broader than the topic of this thread though basically it's what Psychic, Steel and Fairy types do you think would be a good "fit" for Ash first amongst Alola Pokémon including Alolan forms and second amongst all known Pokémon uptill now.

The Alolan Sandshrew predictions has been going on here for quite some time here, so there you go for Steel.

Regarding Psychic and Fairy...I'm not sure if any Gen 7 Pokemon or an Alolan Pokemon of those types would suit Ash so honestly don't think Ash will get those types in this region.

ShadowForce720

Well to answer your first question I'll break it down like this:

Psychic:Oranguru
Steel: Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash, Kartana(this choice is if ultra beast were included in this)
Fairy: Cutiefly/Rimbombee, Morelull/Shiinotic, Tapu Koko, Alolan Ninetales(if pokemon that already have a member of their evolutionary line are include)

to get the 2nd porton of your question:
Psychic: Spoink/Grumpig, Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade
Steel: Aron/Lairon/Aggron, Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash, Lucario, Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
Fairy: Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff, Cottonee/Whimsicott, Spritzee/Aromatisse , Carbink

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well to answer your first question I'll break it down like this:

Psychic:Oranguru
Steel: Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash, Kartana(this choice is if ultra beast were included in this)
Fairy: Cutiefly/Rimbombee, Morelull/Shiinotic, Tapu Koko, Alolan Ninetales(if pokemon that already have a member of their evolutionary line are include)

to get the 2nd porton of your question:
Psychic: Spoink/Grumpig, Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade
Steel: Aron/Lairon/Aggron, Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash, Lucario, Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
Fairy: Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff, Cottonee/Whimsicott, Spritzee/Aromatisse , Carbink

Just want to point out that those aren't Gen 7 Pokemon or Alolan forms so Ash basically has no reason to catch them in SM.

ShadowForce720

Just want to point out that those aren't Gen 7 Pokemon or Alolan forms so Ash basically has no reason to catch them in SM.

I know, I was answering the 2nd part of his post(It helps if you actually read the post instead of just skimming through it.):

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
And Kalos already proved Ash can go without having one of the three elementary type, so why not just let him be without a Water type? If he could go through Kalos without a Grass type, he can go through Alola without a Water type.

Really and end up with 2 Dragons and 3 Flying types?

It might be cliche at this point but at least it gives him a nice balance.

But I guess ifhe doesn't end up with a water-type, Lana and Popplio will be more screen time, way more than Chespin.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
The problem with that is the fact that if you look at this recent promotional material all the pokemon besides Jigglypuff are already known to belong to characters on the current main cast, so it would seem a bit too random to have Jigglypuff be there if it wasn't going to be part of the main cast again.

I disagree, a Pokemon appearing in a lot of promotional material does not mean its going to be caught by someone.

Really and end up with 2 Dragons and 3 Flying types?

It might be cliche at this point but at least it gives him a nice balance.

Does Ash really need a balance because its not like Ash is some competitive online battler.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Is not a competitive battler but people still want him to win

Kid needs to get good first

ShadowForce720

I disagree, a Pokemon appearing in a lot of promotional material does not mean its going to be caught by someone.

Does Ash really need a balance because its not like Ash is some competitive online battler.

At the very least even if it doesn't get caught by anyone, it could still go to the Alola region with them, also it's not unheard of for promotional material and merchandise to foreshadowed captures. While it's not guaranteed that Jigglypuff it would seem odd for Jigglypuff to appear in this promotion(https://i.imgur.com/PwnbWxs.jpg) and be the only pokemon that's not on the main cast in there, so it probably means that either it's probably getting caught by someone on the main cast or at the very least it means that Jigglypuff will follow Ash and Co back to the Alola region.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Now I really wanna see Lillie catch Jigglypuff, she needs a pokemon already and Jigglypuff is cute and marketable.

sontoriginyu

I think Ash will get an Alolan Sandshrew, and a Wimpod, while Lillie could end up with a nice big Drampa. Sophocles will get his CHarjabug to evolve, and possibly add Alolan Geodude. Kiawe probably wont get another pokemon unless they do some sort of female Salandit finding episode, while Mallow could land a CHikorita. THis leaves LAna, who might be up for finally getting that Bruxish she has had difficulty catching, or even her own personal LApras.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So, does anyone have any idea how would Gladion's TN evolve? In that episode we saw that TN hate that helmet and he wants to remove it.So, will he just remove it and boom it's Silvally or only his helmet would glow and 'break' while glowing, since pretty much rest of TN body is same as Silvally's.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So, does anyone have any idea how would Gladion's TN evolve? In that episode we saw that TN hate that helmet and he wants to remove it.So, will he just remove it and boom it's Silvally or only his helmet would glow and 'break' while glowing, since pretty much rest of TN body is same as Silvally's.

I can see it going down like this: Gladion is being under attacked and Type: Null tries to save him, releasing his helmet to save him with more power (thus proving their bond), and ya.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Maybe during the UB arc or in a battle with Dusk Lycanroc.

CMButch

I can see it going down like this: Gladion is being under attacked and Type: Null tries to save him, releasing his helmet to save him with more power (thus proving their bond), and ya.

You mean his head starts glowing ( and like Egg cracks and opens?) I don't see any reason why would his body entirely glow when he evolves. Plus, I wouldn't even call it evolving, more like unleashing. This will be very weird evolution, it's on par with Slowpoke's.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
As far as I'm concerned, Silvally is just Type: Null without the limiter helmet. I think lemoncatpower's scenario is the more likely one: Gladion is in dire straits, and in trying to save/protect him, Type: Null manages to break its helmet. I think that's more likely than Gladion (or someone else) removing Type: Null's helmet.

CMButch

As far as I'm concerned, Silvally is just Type: Null without the limiter helmet. I think lemoncatpower's scenario is the more likely one: Gladion is in dire straits, and in trying to save/protect him, Type: Null manages to break its helmet. I think that's more likely than Gladion (or someone else) removing Type: Null's helmet.

IMO, they should've made Type Null with two forms, like without helmet to be called TN(or Silvally) Unleashed form, while with helmet TN( or Silvally) Contained form.Also as name Silvally>TN. THere's no point for evolution here.

DavidD001

Well going by the new preview...Brock's Geodude is still as it is while Ash's entire Tauros herd, Muk and others will appear.
I think the only changes to Brock & Misty for their teams will be that their signature/main pokemon now have Mega Evolutions.
====
And as for the next Gen Fire Starters...its extremely likely that it'll continue on the Chinese Zodiac Path....

Pokemon equivalent = Chinese Zodiac...
Charmander line = Dragon
Cyndaquil line = Rat
Torchic line = Rooster
Chimchar line = Monkey
Tepig line = Pig/Boar
Fennekin line = Dog
Litten line = Tiger

I know that the Fennekin line are Foxes but they are within the Dog family.

So of the twelve animals....only five remain which are: Snake, Horse, Ox, Ram, Rabbit.
Snivy does not count towards this as its Grass-type rather than Fire-type.
The Ponyta line does not count either as its not a starter.

But I'd love to see either...Rabbit, Horse or Ram as the next Fire starter.
I could easily go into the typings of what I think each could possibly become but I won't do that for the time being.

Also I'm still waiting on a Water/Fighting starter based on a Kappa to finish off the Saiyuki trio that Infernape & Emboar starter.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well going by the new preview...Brock's Geodude is still as it is while Ash's entire Tauros herd, Muk and others will appear.
I think the only changes to Brock & Misty for their teams will be that their signature/main pokemon now have Mega Evolutions.
====
And as for the next Gen Fire Starters...its extremely likely that it'll continue on the Chinese Zodiac Path....

Pokemon equivalent = Chinese Zodiac...
Charmander line = Dragon
Cyndaquil line = Rat
Torchic line = Rooster
Chimchar line = Monkey
Tepig line = Pig/Boar
Fennekin line = Dog
Litten line = Tiger

I know that the Fennekin line are Foxes but they are within the Dog family.

So of the twelve animals....only five remain which are: Snake, Horse, Ox, Ram, Rabbit.
Snivy does not count towards this as its Grass-type rather than Fire-type.
The Ponyta line does not count either as its not a starter.

I am pretty sure it's something like this-
Charmander line = Lizard
Cyndaquil line = Mongoose
Fennekin line = Fox
Litten line = Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.