• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

With how prominent Delia has been compared to past sagas (except maybe OS since it's been forever) and Litten and Delia interactions, you might find yourself disappointed. I'd argue that Litten's backstory is pretty much concluded -it lost its pseudo(?) father but found somebody else to enjoy companionship with.

Delia is in no way a deciding factor if Litten evolves or not. It's not like she won't treat Inciniroar of Torracat any differently.

SinnohEevee

We are still in season one (Since i think season two will start after Christmas when Ula'Ula comes into play).

And don't worry, Gen 8 will not come before 2019, since think about it: They have still two islands to cover, they need to cover the new features of USUM, Christmas break and Summer break with a new movie. There is no way they can complete the anime before 2019 anyways (Especially since Kukui already basically has confirmed the anime will have a league, which has to be covered as well). And don't forget Ash can get four evolutions, needs two more captures (And possible evolutions, unless the capture is a fully evolved mon and a Pokemon that doesn't evolve)

I doubt Game Freak cares about that. If they find 2018 is the best time to release Gen VIII, they would do so and the anime would adjust as usually since it's basically there to promote the games.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What Pokemon do you think is unlikely for one of the primary characters to get, but wants to see them have it anyway

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Lycanroc might be Ash's regional ace right now, but that doesn't mean it will remain Ash's regional ace for the entire series. Rowlet and/or Litten might take its place as the ace if/once they evolve. Not counting Pikachu, Lycanroc is Ash's only evolved Pokémon, and it's a new form that's marketing USUM, so it makes perfect sense for the writers to make it the current ace of Ash's Alola team.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to see Lycanroc as the ace. It's one of my favorite Alola Pokémon, and it would be nice to have another regional ace that's not a starter. However, I think it's definitely too early in the series to claim that Lycanroc is the definitive ace.
I don't know what current ace you're talking about. Indication are clear from here on that Dusk Lycanroc is going to be the ace from here on. In the character profile updates, it was clearly told to have a special eye on the powers of Dusk Lycanroc, which is a flat out indication that it's going to be a very important Pokemon in this saga who is going to get a lot of spotlight in this saga.

And writers are making it have a rivalry with a Legendary calibre Pokemon which is also indicated by Gladion's statements at the end of SM47 when he states that both Dusk Lycanroc and Type:Null have something in common is an indication of a future rivalry between those two Pokemon.

Gladion also seems to have developed a special interest towards Dusk Lycanroc (similarly how Alain also did towards Ash-Greninja), so this is also an indication that Dusk Lycanroc is going to be the main Pokemon whenever Ash battles Gladion. If that happens, honestly nothing can stop Dusk Lycanroc from being the ace.

And it was a specific choice from the writers that Dusk Lycanroc battled a trainer commanded Legendary (which is generally done by aces and Pikachu). And before you say that's because Rowlet and Litten aren't strong enough for that, the writers could have also had Pikachu battle it, but they didn't. And that's also a huge indication of it being the ace.

Yep, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Dusk Lycanroc will be the ace, and remain throughout.

You make a good point. Silvally was declared to be a legendary Pokémon by its creators, who intended for it to mirror Arceus, but that does not mean they succeeded in creating a creature who is on the same level as Arceus or other deity-level legendaries. Silvally is clearly an incredibly powerful Pokémon, but that does not mean it's as grand and powerful as some people might think it is.
And for what you're assuming that the creators were rubbish. It's specifically indicated to be an antidote/threat to the UB's, so it's definitely on the level of the mighty UB's and it's pretty safe to think that.

Ash's starters haven't even evolved yet... those expecting Lycanroc to stay the ace are just going to be disappointed. His starters still have room to grow and develop. Especially Litten, the one whose barely been touched on until now.
I heavily doubt Lycanroc is going to stay the ace, there's no reason to give Litten all that backstory and not make him the ace. Charizard, Infernape, and Greninja all have backstories.

Yeah, as if starters with backstories always become the ace..... *cough* Tepig *cough*. Regardless I already stated my reasoning above that indications are clear for Dusk Lycanroc becoming the ace. Sorry but the one's disappointed are going to be you guys. :p

ShadowForce720

I don't know what current ace you're talking about. Indication are clear from here on that Dusk Lycanroc is going to be the ace from here on. In the character profile updates, it was clearly told to have a special eye on the powers of Dusk Lycanroc, which is a flat out indication that it's going to be a very important Pokemon in this saga who is going to get a lot of spotlight in this saga.

And writers are making it have a rivalry with a Legendary calibre Pokemon which is also indicated by Gladion's statements at the end of SM47 when he states that both Dusk Lycanroc and Type:Null have something in common is an indication of a future rivalry between those two Pokemon.

Gladion also seems to have developed a special interest towards Dusk Lycanroc (similarly how Alain also did towards Ash-Greninja), so this is also an indication that Dusk Lycanroc is going to be the main Pokemon whenever Ash battles Gladion. If that happens, honestly nothing can stop Dusk Lycanroc from being the ace.

And it was a specific choice from the writers that Dusk Lycanroc battled a trainer commanded Legendary (which is generally done by aces and Pikachu). And before you say that's because Rowlet and Litten aren't strong enough for that, the writers could have also had Pikachu battle it, but they didn't. And that's also a huge indication of it being the ace.

Yep, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Dusk Lycanroc will be the ace, and remain throughout.

And for what you're assuming that the creators were rubbish. It's specifically indicated to be an antidote/threat to the UB's, so it's definitely on the level of the mighty UB's and it's pretty safe to think that.

Yeah, as if starters with backstories always become the ace..... *cough* Tepig *cough*. Regardless I already stated my reasoning above that indications are clear for Dusk Lycanroc becoming the ace. Sorry but the one's disappointed are going to be you guys. :p

Not really it's more that they wanted to give a pokemon on Ash's Alolan team that wasn't Pikachu spotlight and the only strong pokemon strong enough besides Pikachu was Lycanroc. Plus regardless of what argument you try to use it's to early to just assume that Lycanroc will definitely be the ace consider that neither of Ash's two starters have even evolved yet, it is possible that Lycanroc could wind up being the ace? yes, but it's too soon to say for sure because right now no matter how you look at it the fact of the matter is that the only reason why Ash's Lycanroc is the 2nd strongest on the Alolan team is because of the fact that it's the only one to have evolved, so for all we know it could get to the point that once Litten or Rowlet fully evolve that they wind up being stronger then it.

Also may I point out that if you look at back at when D&P first started one would have assumed that Pikachu would be Paul's Elekid's(eventual Electivire's) main rival and that Ash's Turtwig would be Paul's Chimchar's main rival and that we would get a match where it would come down to Ash's Torterra vs Paul's Infernape, but that never happened and what happened instead was that Paul eventually released his Chimchar which then joined Ash's team and went on to became an Infernape that was the main rival for Paul's Electivire.

I can understand that you really want Ash's Dusk Lycanroc to be his ace but you really need to stop jumping to conclusions when Ash's starters haven't even evolved yet, because what your essentially doing is underestimating them without even giving them a chance by assuming that Lycanroc will be the ace and 2nd strongest pokemon after Pikachu on the Alolan team when Litten and Rowlet haven't even evolved yet. Look it would be one thing if you were saying this after Litten or Rowlet were fully evolved and it was shown that Dusk Lycanroc is stronger then them in their final evolutions stages and it's battling Gladion's ace at that time while Ash has a Decidueye and/or Incineroar but as we know that's not the current case.

No matter how you may try to argue it the point still stands it way to early just to be saying that Dusk Lycanroc is going to be the ace when we Ash's two starters haven't even evolved yet and we don't know how strong they will be. Also you seem to be misunderstanding something here you seem to think that people who are saying that it's too early to call Dusk Lycanroc's the ace are saying that because they don't want Dusk Lycanroc to be the ace and will be disappointed if it does, when that isn't really the case, in actually people that are saying for example me and some others are going to be fine either way if Dusk Lycanroc is the ace or not, were just saying that it's too early and you should actually give the starters a chance instead of just trying to write them off.

In fact the only one setting themselves up to be disappointed by who Ash's ace will actually be is you, because most of use here accept the possibility that Decidueye, Incineroar, or Dusk Lycanroc, or maybe even a different pokemon could be Ash's ace, however you seem to think there is no way Ash's ace could be something other then Dusk Lycanroc, and if later it turns out that Decidueye or Incineroar or another pokemon that isn't Dusk Lycanroc winds up becoming the ace then you will be disappointed in satly because you convinced yourself that Dusk Lycanroc was going to be Ash's ace and that there was no way you could be wrong.

Oh and by the way since you like to say that Gladion stating that Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc have something in common means that there future rivals, well then one could also make a argument that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's future Main Rival could be Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc instead as Gladion said in episode 27 that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's(who was a Rockruff at the time) remind him of his Lycanroc and using your own logic having something in common is an indication of a future rivalry in this case between Ash's Dusk Lycanroc and Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc.

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Pikachu battles Tapu Koko. Can we say it is confirmed to be regional ace??

We are still very early in the series. I don't deny the fact that lycanroc could end up being the ace, but still it will be quite early to jump to conclusions. If you look recently in kalos, greninja as a froakie lost most of its battles (excluding 2nd gym) it fought. Everyone knows what happened next when it evolved!!

Special powers of dusk lycanroc doesn't confirms that it's going to be ace, it just confirms that it is going to gain more spotlight fof some episodes after the release of USUM. Lycanroc is the only evolved pokemon in ash's team right now. We can't say what will happen once the starters evolve, and what will be his other captures assuming he would catch at least 2 more pokemon.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Generally seasons consist of 45 to 50 episodes. The little airing gap and title change leaves me suspicious if the Kanto arc was the last part of Season One but that's still a bit short for the usual. It's hard to say since it's usually the English dub that distinguishes the seasons.
Apparently SM43 may be the last episode for the first season. I'd explain further, but I don't believe this topic is the place to discuss it.

Special powers of dusk lycanroc doesn't confirms that it's going to be ace, it just confirms that it is going to gain more spotlight for some episodes after the release of USUM. Lycanroc is the only evolved Pokemon in ash's team right now. We can't say what will happen once the starters evolve, and what will be his other captures assuming he would catch at least 2 more Pokemon.
I agree. The writers want to promote Dusk Lycanroc as much as they can until the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. The writers want to encourage the viewers to get the game early and download the special Rockruff. After the release of the new games, the writers can focus on the starters. Therefore, I'm optimistic about Dusk Lycanroc being the ace at this time.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not really it's more that they wanted to give a pokemon on Ash's Alolan team that wasn't Pikachu spotlight and the only strong pokemon strong enough besides Pikachu was Lycanroc. Plus regardless of what argument you try to use it's to early to just assume that Lycanroc will definitely be the ace consider that neither of Ash's two starters have even evolved yet, it is possible that Lycanroc could wind up being the ace? yes, but it's too soon to say for sure because right now no matter how you look at it the fact of the matter is that the only reason why Ash's Lycanroc is the 2nd strongest on the Alolan team is because of the fact that it's the only one to have evolved, so for all we know it could get to the point that once Litten or Rowlet fully evolve that they wind up being stronger then it.
Yeah, no. The ones battling Legendaries in a Trainer battle(especially in an one on one battle) are usually Pikachu or aces. And before you bring up Registeel vs Torkoal, Registeel isn't Brandon's ace like Type:Null is for Gladion(Regirock is the one who is mostly implied to be Brandon's ace, since it was the one swept Reggie and took 4 KO's in the Paul battle). It was a specific choice from the writers to have Dusk Lycanroc battle Type:Null while if they didn't want Dusk Lycanroc to be the ace they could've just had Pikachu battle it.

Also may I point out that if you look at back at when D&P first started one would have assumed that Pikachu would be Paul's Elekid's(eventual Electivire's) main rival and that Ash's Turtwig would be Paul's Chimchar's main rival and that we would get a match where it would come down to Ash's Torterra vs Paul's Infernape, but that never happened and what happened instead was that Paul eventually released his Chimchar which then joined Ash's team and went on to became an Infernape that was the main rival for Paul's Electivire.
Moot point about Chimchar vs Turtwig because Chimchar wasn't Paul's ace. Having a rivalry with the ace Pokemon of your rival is something which is highlighted more and indicates more towards that Pokemon being the ace. The Pikachu vs Elekid point stands but still, how Gladion outright pointed out at the end of the episode about what his Type:Null and Ash's Dusk Lycanroc have in common in an indication that they would have a continuing rivalry in the future.

I can understand that you really want Ash's Dusk Lycanroc to be his ace but you really need to stop jumping to conclusions when Ash's starters haven't even evolved yet, because what your essentially doing is underestimating them without even giving them a chance by assuming that Lycanroc will be the ace and 2nd strongest pokemon after Pikachu on the Alolan team when Litten and Rowlet haven't even evolved yet.
Nah, it's more of you ignoring the clear indications of Dusk Lycanroc being the ace of this saga(there have been plenty) than me underestimating Rowlet and Litten.

Oh and by the way since you like to say that Gladion stating that Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc have something in common means that there future rivals, well then one could also make a argument that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's future Main Rival could be Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc instead as Gladion said in episode 27 that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's(who was a Rockruff at the time) remind him of his Lycanroc and using your own logic having something in common is an indication of a future rivalry in this case between Ash's Dusk Lycanroc and Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc.
No. Your point doesn't stand here because whatever happened in SM27 between Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc and Rockruff was an indication that it'd play a part in Rockruff's evolution in SM36 which it did. It's clearly evident now that whatever happened betweenRockruff and Midnight Lycanroc ultimately was an indication of Midnight Lycanroc playing an important part in Rockruff's evoltion. And the same thing won't repeat between Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc because Dusk Lycanroc is fully evolved now.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Yeah, no. The ones battling Legendaries in a Trainer battle(especially in an one on one battle) are usually Pikachu or aces. And before you bring up Registeel vs Torkoal, Registeel isn't Brandon's ace like Type:Null is for Gladion(Regirock is the one who is mostly implied to be Brandon's ace, since it was the one swept Reggie and took 4 KO's in the Paul battle). It was a specific choice from the writers to have Dusk Lycanroc battle Type:Null while if they didn't want Dusk Lycanroc to be the ace they could've just had Pikachu battle it.

Moot point about Chimchar vs Turtwig because Chimchar wasn't Paul's ace. Having a rivalry with the ace Pokemon of your rival is something which is highlighted more and indicates more towards that Pokemon being the ace. The Pikachu vs Elekid point stands but still, how Gladion outright pointed out at the end of the episode about what his Type:Null and Ash's Dusk Lycanroc have in common in an indication that they would have a continuing rivalry in the future.

Nah, it's more of you ignoring the clear indications of Dusk Lycanroc being the ace of this saga(there have been plenty) than me underestimating Rowlet and Litten.

No. Your point doesn't stand here because whatever happened in SM27 between Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc and Rockruff was an indication that it'd play a part in Rockruff's evolution in SM36 which it did. It's clearly evident now that whatever happened betweenRockruff and Midnight Lycanroc ultimately was an indication of Midnight Lycanroc playing an important part in Rockruff's evoltion. And the same thing won't repeat between Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc because Dusk Lycanroc is fully evolved now.

nope, again it's too early to say for sure whether or not Dusk Lycanroc is going to be the ace or not, because we don't know how strong Rowlet and/or Litten will be if they fully evolved, for all we know things could change and winds up turning out that Decidueye and/ Incineroar wind up they wind up being stronger.

Also you say that Gladion pointing out that Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc having something in common is an indication that they would have a continuing rivalry in the future, however you seem to be forgetting something and that is by your own logic it can be argued that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's rival is actually Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc as he said that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's(which it was a Rockruff at the time) eyes remind him of his Lycanroc, so going by your own logic that means that since Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc has something in common with Ash's Dusk Lycanroc and has had more interactions with Dusk Lycanroc that Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc could be considered Dusk Lycanroc's rival while Type:Null becomes Litten's or Rowlet's rival once they evolve and get stronger.

Also as far as saying Gladion is interested in Ash's Dusk Lycanroc as evidence for Dusk Lycanroc being Ash's ace that's not really evidence considering he hasn't seen the form before and other characters have been interested in the form, so it would be weird and a plot whole if Gladion acted like seeing a Dusk Lycanroc was a common thing.

Just because they battle once doesn't automatically and have something in common doesn't automatically mean that Dusk Lycanroc is Ash's Ace and Type:Nulls rival no matter how you try to argue it, the point still stands that it's too early to really tell which pokemon will be Ash's ace, as Ash's two starters haven't even evolved, and I can understand that you really want Dusk Lycanroc, however you should stop jumping to conclusions and yes you are underestimating Rowlet and Litten and throwing them under the bus, because you have already decided in your mind that even though you don't know how strong Decidueye or Incineroar will be you automatically assume that there is no way they could be stronger then Dusk Lycanroc, which isn't true.

I'm sorry but no matter how much you may want it to Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc having one battle does not make Dusk Lycanroc Ash's ace or Type:Null's rival because things can change and consider where only in episode 48 no matter how you look at it that is way to early to just decide a ace, especially when Ash's starters have even had a chance to evolve yet and some of the other captures haven't been made yet.

Also in response to the part you just added, would you stop trying to cherry pick you can't just go and say that oh will Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc having something in common means they are going to be future rivals but Midnight Lycanroc and Dusk Lycanroc having something in common doesn't mean that. So yes my point, still stands that Midnight Lycanroc could still be considered Dusk Lycanroc's rival.

Again until it gets further in the series and Ash's starters evolved and we get more battles between Ash and Gladion we can't really say for sure who the ace is going to be sure you may want Dusk Lycanroc to be Ash's ace but no matter what argument you try to use or not matter how much you try to say that "oh but it's being indicated" the point is that it's still too early and things can change, to where just because Dusk Lycanroc looks like it could be Ash's ace now does not mean it will still be that way in the future.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Wow, so many people are upset at Lycanroc being the ace. Yeah I would have liked Incineroar to be the Alolan ace but Lycanroc is still a good choice.

And yeah if it's going to have a rivalry with Null that pretty much seals the deal.

I personally am still hoping for decideuye to be his alolan ace.

Yeah, I'm quite confident that Lycanroc should beat Silvally eventually. Gladion is the primary rival and is someone who has been introduced early on as Ash's rival. Usually, Ash does end up beating his primary, early rivals.

The only thing is, I hoped Pikachu would be the direct rival to Silver instead of Dusk Lycanroc, since I wanted it to have its own rivalry with Midnight Lycanroc.

Pikachu already has rivalry with tapu koko, it should stay way out of slivally's path. No need for pikachu wanking.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
nope, again it's too early to say for sure whether or not Dusk Lycanroc is going to be the ace or not, because we don't know how strong Rowlet and/or Litten will be if they fully evolved, for all we know things could change and winds up turning out that Decidueye and/ Incineroar wind up they wind up being stronger.
Not a proper arguement when I literally stated that it's the aces and Pikachu who usually battle Legendaries in trainer battles. In case the aces doesn't battle Legendaries, it usually Pikachu who battles them. You literally just made a statement without countering any of my points, a.k.a. you're grasping at straws.

Also you say that Gladion pointing out that Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc having something in common is an indication that they would have a continuing rivalry in the future, however you seem to be forgetting something and that is by your own logic it can be argued that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's rival is actually Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc as he said that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc's(which it was a Rockruff at the time) eyes remind him of his Lycanroc, so going by your own logic that means that since Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc has something in common with Ash's Dusk Lycanroc and has had more interactions with Dusk Lycanroc that Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc could be considered Dusk Lycanroc's rival while Type:Null becomes Litten's or Rowlet's rival once they evolve and get stronger.
Yep, Gladion stating that both Dusk Lycanroc and Type:Null having something really common among them is definitely an indication of their future rivalry. Them sharing common grounds regarding something definitely builds a platform for their rivalry. And regarding Midnight Lycanroc, no, it doesn't share anything common with Dusk Lycanroc, apart from their species, apart from their rivalry(which isn't an issue while determining an rivalry.

And no, Rowlet and Litten are most probably not going to have a rivalry with Type:Null. The specific choices from the writers is very much evident in this episode. The writers specifically had only Dusk Lycanroc Teleport along with Ash and Pikachu to Gladion, Rowlet and Litten remained back there, which is a further indication of Rowlet and Litten being insignificant in Ash's rivalry with Gladion (they could've easily had Rowlet and Litten Teleport with Ash and watch the battle but they didn't).
Also as far as saying Gladion is interested in Ash's Dusk Lycanroc as evidence for Dusk Lycanroc being Ash's ace that's not really evidence considering he hasn't seen the form before and other characters have been interested in the form, so it would be weird and a plot whole if Gladion acted like seeing a Dusk Lycanroc was a common thing.
Yes that is an evidence because Gladion specifically being interested in the form means he will specifically want to battle it again in the future(like how Alain did with Ash-Greninja, he was interested in the form and everytime Greninja was Pokemon of attention whenever Ash battled Alain). If Lycanroc is the main Pokemon of attention whenever Ash battles Gladion, that inevitably means Dusk Lycanroc will end up the ace, because then it will play the major part whenever Ash battles Gladion

Another indication on this part is that both of the times Gladion battled Ash, Rockruff/Lycanroc was the Pokemon battling it.

Just because they battle once doesn't automatically and have something in common doesn't automatically mean that Dusk Lycanroc is Ash's Ace and Type:Nulls rival no matter how you try to argue it, the point still stands that it's too early to really tell which pokemon will be Ash's ace, as Ash's two starters haven't even evolved, and I can understand that you really want Dusk Lycanroc, however you should stop jumping to conclusions and yes you are underestimating Rowlet and Litten and throwing them under the bus, because you have already decided in your mind that even though you don't know how strong Decidueye or Incineroar will be you automatically assume that there is no way they could be stronger then Dusk Lycanroc, which isn't true.
I have already pointed out above that the indication is pretty clear at the moment about Dusk Lycanroc eventually becoming the ace. Rowlet/Litten can't be stronger than Lycanroc if it becomes the ace. It's more of you ignoring the clear indications and grasping at straws than me underestimating Rowlet and Litten.

Also in response to the part you just added, would you stop trying to cherry pick you can't just go and say that oh will Type:Null and Dusk Lycanroc having something in common means they are going to be future rivals but Midnight Lycanroc and Dusk Lycanroc having something in common doesn't mean that. So yes my point, still stands that Midnight Lycanroc could still be considered Dusk Lycanroc's rival.
No one is cherry picking here. Midnight Lycanroc has nothing common with Dusk Lycanroc apart from their species (which can't be a reasoning for a rivalry). Whatever happened between Midnight Lycanroc and Rockruff ultimately led to Midnight Lycanroc playing a part in Rockruff's evolution (it helped Rockruff because it knew it).

Besides, a rivalry between Pokemon mainly happens with the rival's ace, not the rival's non-ace, so Type:Null/Dusk Lycanroc rivalry is much more likely.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What Pokemon do you think is unlikely for one of the primary characters to get, but wants to see them have it anyway

Null #2 for Ash.
I'd like to see Ash work with a man made Pokemon for a change, he's never owned one before. Every Pokemon he has is a natural one and not a lab creation.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
What do you mean, you don't know what current ace I'm talking about? As I said in my earlier post, Lycanroc is clearly the current ace, but that doesn't mean it's going to be remain the regional ace. If/when Rowlet and/or Litten fully evolve, one of them might become the regional ace. Or Pikachu may go back to being the top mouse of Ash's team.

Of course Dusk Lycanroc is going to be an important Pokémon. It's a new form that the creators and the writers want to market as part of the marketing for USUM, so it's not surprising that the character profile updates mentioned keeping a special eye on its powers. That still does not mean it's going to remain the regional ace for the rest of the series.

Look, I want Dusk Lycanroc to be and remain the regional ace, too. However, I think it's too early in the series to make any definitive claims.

Pikachu's rival this series is clearly Tapu Koko. It would be overkill to also give Pikachu a rivalry with Type: Null/Silvally. The mouse doesn't need two legendary-caliber rivals. :rolleyes:

What I said was not rubbish at all. Silvally was created to be counter Ultra Beasts, yes. That does not mean it's on the same level as Arceus and the other god-like Pokémon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think Cosmog might be the regional ace or at least have the main rivalry with Type: Null for obvious reasons

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think Cosmog might be the regional ace or at least have the main rivalry with Type: Null for obvious reasons
Well, of course Cosmog is going to be the regional ace, especially if it evolves into Solgaleo or Lunala. Nothing can be more ace than a legendary! I could actually see Cosmog being the one with the main rivalry with Type: Null in the future. Not right now, though, since Cosmog is too much of a baby, but once it matures a bit.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not a proper arguement when I literally stated that it's the aces and Pikachu who usually battle Legendaries in trainer battles. In case the aces doesn't battle Legendaries, it usually Pikachu who battles them. You literally just made a statement without countering any of my points, a.k.a. you're grasping at straws.

Yep, Gladion stating that both Dusk Lycanroc and Type:Null having something really common among them is definitely an indication of their future rivalry. Them sharing common grounds regarding something definitely builds a platform for their rivalry. And regarding Midnight Lycanroc, no, it doesn't share anything common with Dusk Lycanroc, apart from their species, apart from their rivalry(which isn't an issue while determining an rivalry.

And no, Rowlet and Litten are most probably not going to have a rivalry with Type:Null. The specific choices from the writers is very much evident in this episode. The writers specifically had only Dusk Lycanroc Teleport along with Ash and Pikachu to Gladion, Rowlet and Litten remained back there, which is a further indication of Rowlet and Litten being insignificant in Ash's rivalry with Gladion (they could've easily had Rowlet and Litten Teleport with Ash and watch the battle but they didn't).

Yes that is an evidence because Gladion specifically being interested in the form means he will specifically want to battle it again in the future(like how Alain did with Ash-Greninja, he was interested in the form and everytime Greninja was Pokemon of attention whenever Ash battled Alain). If Lycanroc is the main Pokemon of attention whenever Ash battles Gladion, that inevitably means Dusk Lycanroc will end up the ace, because then it will play the major part whenever Ash battles Gladion

Another indication on this part is that both of the times Gladion battled Ash, Rockruff/Lycanroc was the Pokemon battling it.

I have already pointed out above that the indication is pretty clear at the moment about Dusk Lycanroc eventually becoming the ace. Rowlet/Litten can't be stronger than Lycanroc if it becomes the ace. It's more of you ignoring the clear indications and grasping at straws than me underestimating Rowlet and Litten.

No one is cherry picking here. Midnight Lycanroc has nothing common with Dusk Lycanroc apart from their species (which can't be a reasoning for a rivalry). Whatever happened between Midnight Lycanroc and Rockruff ultimately led to Midnight Lycanroc playing a part in Rockruff's evolution (it helped Rockruff because it knew it).

Besides, a rivalry between Pokemon mainly happens with the rival's ace, not the rival's non-ace, so Type:Null/Dusk Lycanroc rivalry is much more likely.

It's too early to say that Lycanroc will be the ace. Neither starter has evolved and Ash still has two empty spots.

SinnohEevee

Even though I would like to see Ash catch a Legendary, I would rather him not catching one over him catching one and releasing it back to the wild Pidgeot style (meaning it would no longer be his, unlike A-G who's still his).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Solgaleo/Lunala for both Ash and Lillie.

Given the role Nebby has in the games and its current status, that may not be as unlikely as you think

Status
Not open for further replies.