• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think he/she is reffering to Combusken

I know, but seeing as Dusk Lycanroc is being built up as the ace(as it seems like), it would be rather insulting if it needs Torracat's (Litten evolving) help to save itself.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I think he/she is reffering to Combusken

Yes, i was referring to it only!

I know, but seeing as Dusk Lycanroc is being built up as the ace(as it seems like), it would be rather insulting if it needs Torracat's (Litten evolving) help to save itself.

Bro, even if it is being built up as an ace, it's still not the ace right now. Surely it battled a legendary, but it was not match for it now. It has a long way to go before it can be called as ace. And for now, it will need help in tough situations.

If you have watched the episode in which torchic evolved, the duo was attacked by several breloom. Corphish tried to battle them but was no match fighting alone. So torchic evolved to save its friend. We can see the similar situation for this duo too. And if lycanroc is attacked by several pokemon at once, litten could very well save it by evolving!

nickdt

Japanese trailer just confirmed Hapu still being a Kahuna in USUM, meaning she is gonna show up eventually. Hala and Olivia are Kahuna's as well. However, Nanu didn't show up alongside them, which is kinda suspicious.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
Japanese trailer just confirmed Hapu still being a Kahuna in USUM, meaning she is gonna show up eventually. Hala and Olivia are Kahuna's as well. However, Nanu didn't show up alongside them, which is kinda suspicious.

So then does that confirm a potential groundium-z for Ash or can we expect them to give him something different again? Regardless, I'm hoping we see one of the classmates take on Mina's trial.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Yeah, even in today's episode there was a standoff between Dusk Lycanroc and Litten.

But I doubt that will be the reasoning of Litten evolving, because after all both of them are Ash's Pokemon.
How does Lycanroc and Litten both being Ash's Pokémon prevent Litten from evolving due to its apparent rivalry with Lycanroc? If anything, that would be motivation for Litten to evolve—it wants to be able to stand on even ground with Lycanroc.

So then does that confirm a potential groundium-z for Ash or can we expect them to give him something different again? Regardless, I'm hoping we see one of the classmates take on Mina's trial.
I would say Hapu being a Kahuna in USUM confirms a potential Groundium-Z for Ash, which means there's a good chance he is going to catch a Ground type Pokémon. There's no reason for Hapu to give Ash anything else. I'm also hoping one of the classmates, if not Ash, takes on Mina's Trial. I could see Lillie doing it to earn Fairium-Z for her Vulpix (who I'm hoping evolves into Ninetails eventually).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How does Lycanroc and Litten both being Ash's Pokémon prevent Litten from evolving due to its apparent rivalry with Lycanroc? If anything, that would be motivation for Litten to evolve—it wants to be able to stand on even ground with Lycanroc.
I didn't say that would stop Litten from evolving lol. What I said was that the rivalry won't be the reason for Litten evolving because after all they both are Ash's Pokemon.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I didn't say that would stop Litten from evolving lol. What I said was that the rivalry won't be the reason for Litten evolving because after all they both are Ash's Pokemon.

What does them both being Ash's pokemon have to do with anything, a rivalry is still a rivalry regardless of whether or not the 2 pokemon involved share the same trainer, just because both Lycanroc and Litten are Ash's pokemon doesn't mean that the rivalry between them couldn't trigger Litten to evolve.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I didn't say that would stop Litten from evolving lol. What I said was that the rivalry won't be the reason for Litten evolving because after they both are Ash's Pokemon.
I know what you said. You misunderstood my question, so let me reword it a bit: How does Lycanroc and Litten both being Ash's Pokémon prevent their rivalry from being Litten's motivation for evolving? In other words, what does their sharing a Trainer have to do with it? How is that relevant?

If anything, one could argue that the fact Litten and Lycanroc have the same Trainer might actually contribute to Litten's desire to evolve, so it can stand on more equal footing with Lycanroc. What if Litten starts to feel like Ash uses Lycanroc more often in battle because he considers an evolved Pokémon stronger and more reliable than a non-evolved Pokémon? It would be like two children competing for their parents' attention, where one child feels like the other child has the upper hand.

Rajas

I know what you said. You misunderstood my question, so let me reword it a bit: How does Lycanroc and Litten both being Ash's Pokémon prevent their rivalry from being Litten's motivation for evolving? In other words, what does their sharing a Trainer have to do with it? How is that relevant?

If anything, one could argue that the fact Litten and Lycanroc have the same Trainer might actually contribute to Litten's desire to evolve, so it can stand on more equal footing with Lycanroc. What if Litten starts to feel like Ash uses Lycanroc more often in battle because he considers an evolved Pokémon stronger and more reliable than a non-evolved Pokémon? It would be like two children competing for their parents' attention, where one child feels like the other child has the upper hand.

My one reason for Litten evolving atm is the fact that it seems to be sparring with Lycanroc often, off screen training may lead to Litten evolving soon imo.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
What does them both being Ash's pokemon have to do with anything, a rivalry is still a rivalry regardless of whether or not the 2 pokemon involved share the same trainer, just because both Lycanroc and Litten are Ash's pokemon doesn't mean that the rivalry between them couldn't trigger Litten to evolve.
Yeah because Ash's Lycanroc and Ash's Litten would officially battle against each other, right?

No thanks. Because them having such fierce competition among tham would create a wall/divide amongst themselves which certainly isn't a good thing among two team members.

ShadowForce720

Yeah because Ash's Lycanroc and Ash's Litten would officially battle against each other, right?

No thanks. Because them having such fierce competition among tham would create a wall/divide amongst themselves which certainly isn't a good thing among two team members.

You seem to be misunderstanding something here they don't have to officially battle each other in a pokemon battle to be rivals as there are other ways they can compete with each other rather then having to actually battle each other, and just because there is a rivalry between them doesn't mean it would create a wall/divide them, in fact it can actually provide them some good motivation to get stronger and try there best. So there is no just because they are owned by the same trainer doesn't mean that Litten couldn't evolve do to the rivalry.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You seem to be misunderstanding something here they don't have to officially battle each other in a pokemon battle to be rivals as there are other ways they can compete with each other rather then having to actually battle each other, and just because there is a rivalry between them doesn't mean it would create a wall/divide them, in fact it can actually provide them some good motivation to get stronger and try there best. So there is no just because they are owned by the same trainer doesn't mean that Litten couldn't evolve do to the rivalry.

And for the rivalry as intense to trigger an evolution, it's generally something like battling each other often.

If they have that kind of competition in mind to be stronger than the other, then yeah, it definitely would create a wall/divide.

ShadowForce720

And for the rivalry as intense to trigger an evolution, it's generally something like battling each other often.

If they have that kind of competition in mind to be stronger than the other, then yeah, it definitely would create a wall/divide.

Not really, as just because they have a intense rivalry doesn't mean that they don't respect each or that they won't get along, they can still strive to try to outdo each other while still be getting along. They don't have to battle each other just for their rivalry to trigger Litten's evolution. For instance they could be in a tag match against 2 other pokemon and Litten sees that Lycanroc is outperforming it in the battle and it's really frustrated and wants to able to do just as well as Lycanroc does causing Litten to evolve during the battle.

Rivalry isn't as simple your trying to make it sound it's not as simple as oh well they have an intense rivalry so that must mean they don't get along and/or hate each other when that doesn't necessarily have to be the case, there are many different types of rivalries.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not really, as just because they have a intense rivalry doesn't mean that they don't respect each or that they won't get along, they can still strive to try to outdo each other while still be getting along. They don't have to battle each other just for their rivalry to trigger Litten's evolution. For instance they could be in a tag match against 2 other pokemon and Litten sees that Lycanroc is outperforming it in the battle and it's really frustrated and wants to able to do just as well as Lycanroc does causing Litten to evolve during the battle.

What you said in the latter part of your post is an ideal scenario for creating a wall/divide. If in a tag battle if Litten is frustrated with Lycanroc performing better then it will want to do everything by itself(trying to prove itself stronger) and in the process won't battle as an appropriate tag parter for Lycanroc.

ShadowForce720

What you said in the latter part of your post is an ideal scenario for creating a wall/divide. If in a tag battle if Litten is frustrated with Lycanroc performing better then it will want to do everything by itself(trying to prove itself stronger) and in the process won't battle as an appropriate tag parter for Lycanroc.

No, that doesn't mean that it creates a wall/divide you, you can recognize that some one is stronger or doing better then you and consider them your rival and get frustrated by it and want to be stronger without it creating a wall/divide between you.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

No, that doesn't mean that it creates a wall/divide you, you can recognize that some one is stronger or doing better then you and consider them your rival and get frustrated by it and want to be stronger without it creating a wall/divide between you.

You both can just imagine the situation to be like this..

Ash has challenged a trainer for a double battle. Ash chooses lycanroc and litten and the opponent sends out a stoutland and an alolan persian. Now because of the litten's past with the stoutland, it's unable to battle the opponents and is in tears, due to which, lycanroc is outnumbered and gets injured badly. To save his friendly rival, litten evolves to give tough fight to opponents just like lycanroc.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

And how so? You're just merely stating that it's still possible.

Think of that scenario where Litten is frustrated with Lycanroc performing better than it. It'd be then obsessed with proving itself stronger, and as a result try to do everything by itself, which would greatly affect the synergy required between them in a tag battle.

@Rock Captain 99

Yeah that'd be a much better scenario and appropriate application of the rivalry of two team member n my opinion. Their synergy as team members won't be destroyed and the rivalry would feel fruitful/have a proper ending.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

And how so? You're just merely stating that it's still possible.

Think of that scenario where Litten is frustrated with Lycanroc performing better than it. It'd be then obsessed with proving itself stronger, and as a result try to do everything by itself, which would greatly affect the synergy required between them in a tag battle.

Well one scenario would be this which is what Rock Captain 99 mentioned:

You both can just imagine the situation to be like this..

Ash has challenged a trainer for a double battle. Ash chooses lycanroc and litten and the opponent sends out a stoutland and an alolan persian. Now because of the litten's past with the stoutland, it's unable to battle the opponents and is in tears, due to which, lycanroc is outnumbered and gets injured badly. To save his friendly rival, litten evolves to give tough fight to opponents just like lycanroc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You know another rivalry I could see happening depending on what happens is if Rowlet evolves before Litten we could wind up getting from then on a one-sided rivalry, where it's one-sided not because one is vastly stronger then the other, but it's one side because Rowlet is such an airhead that it never even realizes that Litten considers it one of it's rivals and even when they are a Decidueye and Incineroar respectively Decidueyes still doesn't realize that Incineroar considers it, it's rival.

Which would be a pretty hilarious rivalry when you really think about it. lol :)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well one scenario would be this which is what Rock Captain 99 mentioned:

Yeah, I edited my post and agreed with him, and in that case the rivalry would end in friendly terms. And that's how a rivalry between two team members should end, in happy terms.

But the rivalry doesn't trigger the evolution in this case. Desire to become stronger than each other or that sort of a competition (which you said) inevitably leads to creating a wall/divide.

Status
Not open for further replies.