• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

lol @ Grubbin getting denied. I'm fine with that. Charjabug and Vikavolt don't fit Ash. I'm hoping that doesn't mean a Pikipek capture though. Evidence against it is that the whole line has already appeared.

That is purely subjective. Also you do realize it's still possible that Ash could catch a Grubbin in a later episode.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Ash:
- Melemele (first 30-50 episodes): Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten
- Rest of the series: Mudsdale, Hakamo-o, ¿A-Sandslash? ¿New Alola form?

Jessie: Wobbuffett, Mimikyu
James: Bewear, Minior
Mallow: Tsarenaa, Ribombee, Passimian
Kiawe: Turtonator, Charizard, A-Marowak, A-Golem
Sophocles: Togedemaru, Electrode, Araquanid, Sandygast
Lana: Primarina, A-Dugtrio, Psy-Oricorio, Psyduck, Wishiwashi, Masquerain (at least 3)
Lillie: ---

Lillie: A-Vulpix, Lunala , Solgaleo
Kukui: Midday Lyanroc, Primarina, More epic Pokémons

dman_dustin

lol @ Grubbin getting denied. I'm fine with that. Charjabug and Vikavolt don't fit Ash. I'm hoping that doesn't mean a Pikipek capture though. Evidence against it is that the whole line has already appeared.

Except Ash has a Heracross, so saying Vikavolt doesn't fit Ash doesn't make sense.

If you argue its because of its electric type, we are in the Alolan region where Z moves are a thing. It would make a little sense for Ash to get a 2nd electric type.

MegaSalamence05

I'm only wondering why they included the scene of the confirmation by Rotom in the Opening now. The battle happened between Ash and Grubbin and it led to Grubbin running away even though it stayed in the ball for good 10 seconds. Like the scene from the opening literally played out at the start of episode 4. So now I'm unsure of everything. Rowlet's adorable though and I think that partnership could go all the way. Now Litten has been pretty much confirmed. I'm just confused right now because of that scene in the opening sure it could happen at a later date but still.

2 great episodes, I'm just confused by Grubbin right now

Rowlet does have Leafage but another thing that I'm wondering is if it used a move to free Trumbeak and Toucannon in the episoide of its capture with its feet.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone else still think that Ash will catch Grubbin despite failing to do so in episode 4? I think there's still hope since the theme song pretty much spoiled Ash catching it, but I think it'll take us a little longer than most of us expected

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly after using Mudsdale, Vikavolt, and Golisopod in game, I REALLY want Ash to get them. Seriously they are just all so beast and great battlers.

ShadowForce720

Does anyone else still think that Ash will catch Grubbin despite failing to do so in episode 4? I think there's still hope since the theme song pretty much spoiled Ash catching it, but I think it'll take us a little longer than most of us expected

I still think there is a chance Ash could get Grubbin, because if you look at it that was actually the 2nd time he failed to capture it, the first was when he was chasing it in episode 1, what's even funnier is although it's a bit harder to confirm but I do think the Grubbin he tried to catch in episode 4 is the same one he tried to get in episode 1, which judging from it's personality it seems like it either hates losing or it always has to have the last hit in considering in episode 4 when it broke out of the poke ball and dug underground it could have escaped then but instead chose to stick around for a bit longer just so it could get another attack off Pikachu then once it hit Pikachu it then left.

Interestingly enough if you look at it Ash was pretty close to getting Grubbin in episode 4. My guess it that he will finally successfully catch Grubbin sometime after he gets Litten. Also assuming that the Grubbin that he tried to get in episode 4 is the same one that he tried to get in episode 1 then judging from what we have seen of it this seems to be it's current move set:

Grubbin:
Vice Grip
Dig
String Shot
---(it's currently not known if it has 4th move and just hasn't really revealed it yet or it has yet to learn a 4th move.)

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think its possible that Ash will get an Alolan form, mainly for the purpose of marketing. I hope that if this is the case its Vulpix and eventually Ninetales, or Meowth for the lulz

ShadowForce720

I think its possible that Ash will get an Alolan form, mainly for the purpose of marketing. I hope that if this is the case its Vulpix and eventually Ninetales, or Meowth for the lulz

I hate to be the one to break the news to you but it's extremely unlikely that Ash would get an Alolan Vulpix, the reason for this is because Lillie who is on the main cast and is a main character is going to be getting an Alolan Vulpix. I doubt that he would get an Alolan Meowth although I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it if he did get one and it would be pretty hilarious. Right now from it seems like if Ash is going to get an Alolan form it is probably going to be coming down to an Alolan Sandshrew and/or a Alolan Diglett.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Honestly after using Mudsdale, Vikavolt, and Golisopod in game, I REALLY want Ash to get them. Seriously they are just all so beast and great battlers.

Mudsdale and Vikavolt are definitely possible. I also really liked all of them (especially Golisospod), but I don't think Ash will get 1 since I don't think he'll have the signature species of an evil team leader. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
The current moveset of Jessie's Mimikkyu is Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, and Play Rough. Ash's Rowlet currently knows Leafage, but it will obviously reveal more moves. I'm not sure what the second move was when it broke the net to free the group of Pikipeks, Trumbeak, and Toucannon. I think we can definitely say that Ash will not catch Pikipek since we saw the full evolution line in the recent episode. To be honest, even though Ash was close to catching Grubbin, I think he will catch it the third time around.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Mudsdale and Vikavolt are definitely possible. I also really liked all of them (especially Golisospod), but I don't think Ash will get 1 since I don't think he'll have the signature species of an evil team leader. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

But Wimpod was made for Ash lol. Seriously I can already see the Ash helps it be brave storyline in my head.

Genaller

Silver Soul
But Wimpod was made for Ash lol. Seriously I can already see the Ash helps it be brave storyline in my head.

Yeah I know. That's exactly what I thought when I read its pokedex entry after I caught it, but then in team skull's base when they mention that Golisospod is Gozma's fav, those hopes got crushed.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go

I agree, but a head thought, what if James caught Wimpod, and whenever it got attacked once, it would return to James? Either way I want Wimpod on the cast

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

It also screams of a PotD plot. I mean anything can happen and even when things might make sense.... In XYZ they gave the locksmith filler to a Binacle instead of you know, a Klefki.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I hate to be the one to break the news to you but it's extremely unlikely that Ash would get an Alolan Vulpix, the reason for this is because Lillie who is on the main cast and is a main character is going to be getting an Alolan Vulpix. I doubt that he would get an Alolan Meowth although I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it if he did get one and it would be pretty hilarious. Right now from it seems like if Ash is going to get an Alolan form it is probably going to be coming down to an Alolan Sandshrew and/or a Alolan Diglett.

Oh. OH. Sorry, didn't know. I'm wondering if Ash will ever get a Pokemon that evolves by stone and just does it

It's just me wanting Ash to get a type he doesn't have, which is currently amounting to Psychic, Ghost, Fairy and Steel. And the problem with Alolan Sandslash is that Ash has never done a stone evolution. Granted, he's never caught a stone evolution either so its possible. If Rowlett reaches its final form we'll get an actual Ghost type(Haunter was never caught), but since Rowlett is the cutest thing ever I suspect it won't evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.