• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash
1) Pikachu
2) Rowlet
3) Litten -> Torracat -> Incineroar
4) Dewpider -> Araquanid or Wimpod -> Golisopod
5) Passimian
6) Alola Diglett -> Alola Dugtrio

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah I know. That's exactly what I thought when I read its pokedex entry after I caught it, but then in team skull's base when they mention that Golisospod is Gozma's fav, those hopes got crushed.

Well that same logic makes Mudsdale out
Considering that is the fourth Kahuna's ace, and the thing you see her with throughout the games until you battle her

Honestly being the bad Team leader's ace doesn't hold as much against Ash owning one as much as that, unless they actually let Ash battle him unlike past villains. Plus, they could go and make Guzma's a shiny.
He does own other Bugs too. They could let Scizor be his ace for the anime.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Oh. OH. Sorry, didn't know. I'm wondering if Ash will ever get a Pokemon that evolves by stone and just does it

It's just me wanting Ash to get a type he doesn't have, which is currently amounting to Psychic, Ghost, Fairy and Steel. And the problem with Alolan Sandslash is that Ash has never done a stone evolution. Granted, he's never caught a stone evolution either so its possible. If Rowlett reaches its final form we'll get an actual Ghost type(Haunter was never caught), but since Rowlett is the cutest thing ever I suspect it won't evolve.

I would guess on any Pokemon that Ash catches that evolve by stone it would play out similar to how he evolve his Gligar to a Gliscor and make it earn the right to evolve. Also concerning Rowlet I believe its far to early to say if it evolve or not.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I would guess on any Pokemon that Ash catches that evolve by stone it would play out similar to how he evolve his Gligar to a Gliscor and make it earn the right to evolve. Also concerning Rowlet I believe its far to early to say if it evolve or not.

Oh yeah, I forgot that he has had item evolutions.

Red and Blue

If Ash catches Mudsdale I hope he takes advantage of its ability that lets it boost its defense. That thing would be a tank

Pteranodonte

Oh. OH. Sorry, didn't know. I'm wondering if Ash will ever get a Pokemon that evolves by stone and just does it

It's just me wanting Ash to get a type he doesn't have, which is currently amounting to Psychic, Ghost, Fairy and Steel. And the problem with Alolan Sandslash is that Ash has never done a stone evolution. Granted, he's never caught a stone evolution either so its possible. If Rowlett reaches its final form we'll get an actual Ghost type(Haunter was never caught), but since Rowlett is the cutest thing ever I suspect it won't evolve.

Still he used the Razor Fang on Gligar.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Well that same logic makes Mudsdale out
Considering that is the fourth Kahuna's ace, and the thing you see her with throughout the games until you battle her

Honestly being the bad Team leader's ace doesn't hold as much against Ash owning one as much as that, unless they actually let Ash battle him unlike past villains. Plus, they could go and make Guzma's a shiny.
He does own other Bugs too. They could let Scizor be his ace for the anime.

Kahunas are not an issue. There have been previous gym leaders and even a champion (Cynthia) with whom Ash has shared a Pokémon line. Yeah no Golisospod is going to be Guzma's ace. It's confirmed in the Team Skull mansion that Golisospod is Guzma's favorite.
Except he's never shared a species with an evil team leader's ace. I mean I'm all for breaking patterns, but until then the likelyhood of Wimpod isn't much. Ash will likely face Guzma considering he beat up TS grunts in the first episode. Since Guzma will likely have a significant role in the anime (and thus showoff Golisospod), they'll likely want to let Ash show off a different water Pokémon.

ShadowForce720

Oh yeah, I forgot that he has had item evolutions.

Plus they could also always go the route they took with Brock's Lombre in that when it sensed a nearby water stone it went ahead over to it and took it and wound up evolving without asking Brock first. So if Ash got an Alolan Sandshrew it could sense a nearby Ice Stone and decide to grab it on it's own without having Ash offering it to it and asking it whether it wants to evolve or not. Really if you look at it Ash asking Sandshrew if it wants to evolve or not offering to use the Ice Stone on it would only come into play if Ash was the one that got the Ice Stone, where as if Alolan Sandshrew winds up sensing one nearby then it will probably just pull a Lombre.

Kahunas are not an issue. There have been previous gym leaders and even a champion (Cynthia) with whom Ash has shared a Pokémon line. Yeah no Golisospod is going to be Guzma's ace. It's confirmed in the Team Skull mansion that Golisospod is Guzma's favorite.
Except he's never shared a species with an evil team leader's ace. I mean I'm all for breaking patterns, but until then the likelyhood of Wimpod isn't much. Ash will likely face Guzma considering he beat up TS grunts in the first episode. Since Guzma will likely have a significant role in the anime (and thus showoff Golisospod), they'll likely want to let Ash show off a different water Pokémon.

Well in regards to a Water type pokemon that was introduce in gen 7 that Ash could catch I think Dewpider would be a good candidate.

Last edited:

JD

Ash isn't going to get a Golisopod, I wouldn't mind him getting one but it's Guzma's signature Pokemon.

I think Ashs team will be something like this.

Pikachu
Rowlet
Litten-Incineroar
Rockruff-Lycanroc
Mareanie-Toxapek
Jangmo-o/Crabrawler/Alolan Sandslash/Drampa one of these not sure which one though

I'd love to see Ash get a Mudbray as well I think it would suit him pretty well.

Last edited:

Domok

Golisopod might not even be on Guzma's team on the anime,where's Maxie's Camerupt,Cyrus's Weavile and Ghetsis's Hydreigon again?

ShadowForce720

I think Ash's team will be like this:

Pikachu
Rowlet-->Dartrix-->Decidueye
Litten-->Torracat-->Incineroar
Grubbin-->Charjabug-->Vikavolt
Rockruff-->Lycanrock(either form, but I would preferably Midday Form)
Dewpider-->Araquanid/Mudsbray-->Mudsdale/Passimian/Oranguru
Alolan Sandshrew-->Alolan Sandslash
Jangmo-o-->Hakamo-o-->Kommo-o

some alternatives could be the Sandygast line or the Crabrawaler line. Either way I think Ash will have at least one pokemon from each Island, as to represent each Island. Plus it would feel like a waste if he didn't capture at least one pokemon on each of the Alolan region's 4 Main Islands considering they each are different from each other.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Golisopod might not even be on Guzma's team on the anime,where's Maxie's Camerupt,Cyrus's Weavile and Ghetsis's Hydreigon again?

tbf none of those leaders even had any of their own pokemon in the anime. they did show lysandre's pyroar and gyarados, so it's a possibility.

ShadowForce720

True but at the same time it's not like anyone on the main cast got any of them, you would have more of a point if it was that they weren't shown to have them and we saw Ash or one of his traveling companions at the time wound up getting one, so even if Guzma doesn't have a Golisopod that doesn't necessarily mean that Ash would suddenly get one considering he never got a Camerupt, Weavile, or Hydreigon. Now is it possible he could get a Golisopod? Yes, but it being the Guzma's Ace doesn't really help it chances.

JD

He should have it. One of the Team Skull grunts says that it's his favorite Pokemon and there's artwork of him with it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Did you watch the second episode where Kukui was surprise about Ash and Rockruff bond its likely it will happen

I don't really get why Rockruff is so desired as a potential Ash pokemon honestly ha ha. I think it's cute and I like its evolved form Lycanroc myself, but even on the off chance that Ash gets a Rockruff in SM, I don't think he'd receive professor Kukui's Rockruff. ^^

Domok

I don't really get why Rockruff is so desired as a potential Ash pokemon honestly ha ha. I think it's cute and I like its evolved form Lycanroc myself, but even on the off chance that Ash gets a Rockruff in SM, I don't think he'd receive professor Kukui's Rockruff. ^^

Rockruff is spefically shown bonding with Ash,Rockfuff is walking with Ash,not Kukui in the intro,Midday Lycanroc is a perfect Ash mon. The reasons go on.

ShadowForce720

Funny thing is that if you look at it Kukui giving Ash his Rockruff is probably more likely then you think, I mean think about it this way in the opening when all the characters are marching together Rockruff is next to Ash and not Kukui and if you look in the episodes you see Rockruff interacting more with Ash then Kukui and Kukui even noted that Rockruff seems to really like Ash and Pikachu, plus in episode 3 when Rotom is first coming out and the lights are flickering you see Rockruff get scared and who did it go to for comfort? It went to Ash for comfort instead of Kukui.

The foreshadowing is there for Kukui to eventually give Ash Rockruff, especially since it seems like the writers want us to associate Rockruff with Ash since they seem to be putting it closer to Ash more then Kukui.

Rockruff is spefically shown bonding with Ash,Rockfuff is walking with Ash,not Kukui in the intro,Midday Lycanroc is a perfect Ash mon. The reasons go on.

Exactly, it would seem weird for all this to be happening if the writers don't intend to have Kukui give Rockruff to Ash eventually. Also an interesting thing to note is that in episode 3 when Rockruff got scared it wound up going to Ash for comfort and not Kukui.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In terms of Pokemon I want on Ash's team?
* Dewpider-Araquanid: I'm growing fond of the Pokemon now that I see its official art and its ability. Given Araquanid is described as being kind-hearted, it gives a nice mental image of the creepy bug. On another note, it's funny to think how Misty would react to this fully-fledged Bug and Water Pokemon
* Rockruff-Lycanroc: Interesting to see how the form change is applied. Also, it's an important new Pokemon so it wouldn't be surprising to see it on Ash's team
* Salazzle or Turtonator: A Fire type Pokemon for his team, since I want Litten to be for someone else. Salazzle might be too fanservice to be Ash's Pokemon

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Funny thing is that if you look at it Kukui giving Ash his Rockruff is probably more likely then you think, I mean think about it this way in the opening when all the characters are marching together Rockruff is next to Ash and not Kukui and if you look in the episodes you see Rockruff interacting more with Ash then Kukui and Kukui even noted that Rockruff seems to really like Ash and Pikachu, plus in episode 3 when Rotom is first coming out and the lights are flickering you see Rockruff get scared and who did it go to for comfort? It went to Ash for comfort instead of Kukui.

The foreshadowing is there for Kukui to eventually give Ash Rockruff, especially since it seems like the writers want us to associate Rockruff with Ash since they seem to be putting it closer to Ash more then Kukui.

Ash getting Rockruff from Kukui does look very evident. If Ash does indeed get Rockruff, it could be the first time Ash receives a non-starter Pokemon from a Professor. So far he caught Rowlet. It is looking more inevitable that Ash is going to catch Litten. Rockruff could be Ash's 3rd capture in Alola, and just Ash's 2nd Rock type overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.