• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Maybe pluck???

There is only one problem with that is that if you read the move's description which is this "The user pecks the target. If the target is holding a Berry, the user eats it and gains its effect.", it's clearly has the user using it's beak the problem is Rowlet was using it's feet not it's Beak.

dman_dustin

A question I know that it was shown and revealed in episode 4 that Rowlet knows Leafage but does anyone know what move Rowlet was using to free the Pikipek from the net where when Rowlet is using the move it claws were glowing?

I was thinking maybe it was using False Swipe, but I'm not so sure on that.

These are the only moves I can think of you can decide from there.

Frustration/Return- Kind of doubt it would do this using its feet though.

Facade- Would think that this move would require the Pokemon's entire body.

False Swipe- Would make some sense (most sense as of now), but I don't see Ash having this type of move on Rowlet.

Shadow Claw- Would be pretty cool, the only issue is it doesn't look like Mimikyu's shadow claw

ShadowForce720

Now in regards to speculation on some of the upcoming future episodes:

Episode 5: Lana and Popplio focus episode
Episode 6: Sophocles and Togedemaru focus episode
Episode 7: This episode is probably going to be where Ash captures Litten.

Episode 8: Kiawe and Turtonator focus episode
Episode 9: This episode could be where Lilie gets the Alolan Vulpix egg and it hatches during the episode.
Episode 10: Could be the episode where Ash finally successfully captures Grubbin.

now note in episodes 8-10 since we have nothing in regarding to those episodes to go on it remains just pure speculation, as they could easily happen in a different order, I based around the fact that it seems like after episode 4 where we got Ash catching Rowlet then we seem to be getting the next 2 episodes focusing on two of the other characters in the main cast and then after those 2 episodes it seems like Ash winds up getting another capture, so I was going off that they might do episode 8,9, and 10 in a similar way and by that I mean have episodes 8, and 9 focus on two of the other characters on the main cast like episodes 5&6 did and then having episode 10 be a capture episode for Ash like episode 7 seems to be.

I think if Ash's 3rd capture is going to be Grubbin then I think it could happen anywhere from episodes 8-15, that would also be the range in general for a 3rd capture as I don't think were going to have to wait too long for a 3rd capture. Also I think will probably also get a Kiawe focus episode along with the episode where Lillie will get the Alolan Vulpix egg and it hatches into an Alolan Vulpix, not sure if were going to get a Mallow, Kukui, and Samson Oak focus episodes, although then again maybe will get an episode where Samson Oak captures Komala.

Maybe its like greninja they decide to use different parts of rowlett body when it uses a move...my reason behind this is that they were emphasizing on its legs throughout the episode so they decided to use its legs for pluck

Could be, but keep in mind that Night Slash never said that a pokemon had to use a specific part of it's body or implied that it had to use a part of it's body to begin with, where as with Pluck it's specifically implying that it uses it's Beak for the move so I'm not sure if the writers would really just change that just for Rowlet.

These are the only moves I can think of you can decide from there.

Frustration/Return- Kind of doubt it would do this using its feet though.

Facade- Would think that this move would require the Pokemon's entire body.

False Swipe- Would make some sense (most sense as of now), but I don't see Ash having this type of move on Rowlet.

Shadow Claw- Would be pretty cool, the only issue is it doesn't look like Mimikyu's shadow claw

Well out of that list I think it would be False Swipe, and to be fair in regards to not seeing Ash having Rowlet know False Swipe it's not like Ash specifically went or would go out of his way to teach Rowlet that move although it is possible that Rowlet could have just already known the move like it did Leafage, so it would be a case of not necessarily Ash intending for Rowlet to have the move it's just something that would come with his Rowlet and might get replace later.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Well out of that list I think it would be False Swipe, and to be fair in regards to not seeing Ash having Rowlet know False Swipe it's not like Ash specifically went or would go out of his way to teach Rowlet that move although it is possible that Rowlet could have just already known the move like it did Leafage, so it would be a case of not necessarily Ash intending for Rowlet to have the move it's just something that would come with his Rowlet and might get replace later.

While you are right, the problem is that the writer(s) decided to give this move, maybe false swipe TO Ash, and I honestly do not know why they would. Perhaps for whatever reason it was the BEST basic move to give Rowlet until later, but otherwise I don't know.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Ilikepiex7

crabrawler evolves into an ice type at least which is a rare type for Ash considering Ash only has Glalie at Oak's lab that has that type. Can only evolve in snow is not a problem considering how Ash evolved Goodra that was only evolves in rain.

esquilo09

Now in regards to speculation on some of the upcoming future episodes:

Episode 5: Lana and Popplio focus episode
Episode 6: Sophocles and Togedemaru focus episode
Episode 7: This episode is probably going to be where Ash captures Litten.

Episode 8: Kiawe and Turtonator focus episode
Episode 9: This episode could be where Lilie gets the Alolan Vulpix egg and it hatches during the episode.
Episode 10: Could be the episode where Ash finally successfully captures Grubbin.

now note in episodes 8-10 since we have nothing in regarding to those episodes to go on it remains just pure speculation, as they could easily happen in a different order, I based around the fact that it seems like after episode 4 where we got Ash catching Rowlet then we seem to be getting the next 2 episodes focusing on two of the other characters in the main cast and then after those 2 episodes it seems like Ash winds up getting another capture, so I was going off that they might do episode 8,9, and 10 in a similar way and by that I mean have episodes 8, and 9 focus on two of the other characters on the main cast like episodes 5&6 did and then having episode 10 be a capture episode for Ash like episode 7 seems to be.

I think if Ash's 3rd capture is going to be Grubbin then I think it could happen anywhere from episodes 8-15, that would also be the range in general for a 3rd capture as I don't think were going to have to wait too long for a 3rd capture. Also I think will probably also get a Kiawe focus episode along with the episode where Lillie will get the Alolan Vulpix egg and it hatches into an Alolan Vulpix, not sure if were going to get a Mallow, Kukui, and Samson Oak focus episodes, although then again maybe will get an episode where Samson Oak captures Komala.

Where did you find those upcoming episodes?

Ilikepiex7

Episodes 5 and 6 have revealed titles and the preview of upcoming episodes heavily implies that Ash is getting Litten in episode 7 but after 7 nothing is confirmed

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
crabrawler evolves into an ice type at least which is a rare type for Ash considering Ash only has Glalie at Oak's lab that has that type. Can only evolve in snow is not a problem considering how Ash evolved Goodra that was only evolves in rain.

I wouldn't mind if Ash catches a Crabrawler cuz it's a decent fighting type pokemon for him. I'm rooting for Passimian however just cuz I like its design more hee hee, but hopefully if Ash ends up with a Crabrawler, he won't evolve it. I'm just not a fan of Crabominable. ^^;

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I still think that Kiawe will be getting Litten.The line, to me, feels like it belongs to someone of the rival archetype. If he appears, then Gladion can have it.

World Turtle

It isn't, but it learns Crabhammer and Bubble Beam, so it could fill the role of one.

Yeah but can it swim? That's sort of a requirement for being a water type.

Just because it knows some water types moves does not make it a water type. I wouldn't call Krookodile a flying type just because it knows Aerial Ace. Or Pikachu a normal type because it knows Quick Attack.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
if Ash is to get a fighting type, i'd rather him get the dragon than the crab.

I want him to get the lemur, or the dragon if they do the dragon right for once and don't make it fully evolve just to be a fall guy

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I still think that Kiawe will be getting Litten.The line, to me, feels like it belongs to someone of the rival archetype. If he appears, then Gladion can have it.

Considering Litten has been around as a wild Pokemon since SM1 and not with trainer like Popplio and Lana, I feel Litten is more likely to be caught by Ash.

Yeah but can it swim? That's sort of a requirement for being a water type.

Just because it knows some water types moves does not make it a water type. I wouldn't call Krookodile a flying type just because it knows Aerial Ace. Or Pikachu a normal type because it knows Quick Attack.

Since Crabrawler is based on a Coconut Crab which non-aquactic crabs that will actually drown if they still in water for too long the answer is no.

ShadowForce720

Where did you find those upcoming episodes?

as Ilikepiex7 said episodes 5 and 6 have revealed titles and the preview of the upcoming episodes heavily implies that Ash is going to get Litten in episode 7, as for episode 8-10 it was merely speculation on what those episode could possibly be, plus it if you take a closer look you can see in the post I did say that in regards to episode 8-10 it was just pure speculation I didn't mean for anyone to think that we had information on those episodes yet when we don't have any information at all on episodes 8-10.

Speaking of which I wonder when were going to get some more episode titles because right now we only have episode titles for episode 5 and 6, and although episode 7 seems to be Litten's capture episode we don't have an episode title for it and we don't have episode titles or any information on the episodes that are going to coming after episode 7. Also do you think will still get data broadcast or was that more of XY and XY&Z thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.