• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Alolan Sandshrew is the most potential capture for Ash's 6th spot and I don't see why people make it such a deal. I have a feeling that Ribombee will be part of the main cast as well, either for Lillie or Mallow. James is an option too.

I am really hoping Lana is gonna catch the Dewpider, although I can't lie that one part of me has doubts just because it's you know..SM series. But then I remind that Araquanid is her ace in the games and I feel better :p
Next we need a capture for Mallow. ASAP!

And then Lillie. I don't know why I can't picture Lillie with another pokemon beside Alolan Vulpix. Pls change my mind.
She's the deuteragonist; it wouldn't make sense and it would suck if she only had 1 Pokemon. I find it unfair for someone like Mallow who hardly does much to get a second Pokemon while Lillie who has done more doesn't. Plus they could easily do anything with her bonding with another Pokemon or whatever now that she has gotten over her fear of being able to touch them.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Alolan Sandshrew is the most potential capture for Ash's 6th spot and I don't see why people make it such a deal. I have a feeling that Ribombee will be part of the main cast as well, either for Lillie or Mallow. James is an option too
Because people think Alolan Sandshrew is basically Kanto Sandshrew with a different coat of paint and want to see Ash only catch 100% new Pokemon. Also because some would rather see Greninja return and fill that last team slot.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Because people think Alolan Sandshrew is basically Kanto Sandshrew with a different coat of paint and want to see Ash only catch 100% new Pokemon. Also because some would rather see Greninja return and fill that last team slot.
Yeah, I really doubt Ash would catch an Alolan variant of an existing Pokemon. And I wouldn't want to see Greninja back, as it's most likely that Ash would fail the league and make the powerful and badass Pokemon humiliate further.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, I really doubt Ash would catch an Alolan variant of an existing Pokemon. And I wouldn't want to see Greninja back, as it's most likely that Ash would fail the league and make the powerful and badass Pokemon humiliate further.
But that's the thing, though. Alolan Sandshrew isn't just lazy recolor of Kanto Sandshrew. It has a different type combination, different stats, different abilities, learns different moves through level-up... it's basically a new Pokemon in all but name.

Really, Ash catching Alolan Sandshrew is a non-issue and would give him his first Ice type since Hoenn and his first Steel type ever.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, I really doubt Ash would catch an Alolan variant of an existing Pokemon.
It's like saying that Ash shouldn't have caught Gligar because it was already a past generation Pokémon at its time of its capture. Still, I don't think that it will in any way stop Ash from catching Alolan Sandshrew because the writers could consider that it's Alolan from status would be enough to make it significant enough to be on Ash's team.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It's like saying that Ash shouldn't have caught Gligar because it was already a past generation Pokémon at its time of its capture. Still, I don't think that it will in any way stop Ash from catching Alolan Sandshrew because the writers could consider that it's Alolan from status would be enough to make it significant enough to be on Ash's team.
Well, that's my opinion. And if the writers can prove me wrong I would welcome it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, that's my opinion. And if the writers can prove me wrong I would welcome it.
I would just see what happens. I wouldn't mind too much if Ash doesn't end up catching Alolan Sandshrew but for now it's my most likely guess for Ash's sixth slot.

Slapstick-Olivia

When it comes to the Pokémon and the characters, the anime can be a bit stereotypical. Boys get most of the time the strong, cool Pokémon, while girls get the smaller, cute Pokémon. We had some exceptions like with Misty, Brock, Iris and Dawn. But also for most of the time, even those characters Pokémon lean more to the stereotypical side of the specific gender of their trainers. Iris so far ist the only main character, that actually had a balance of cute, little Pokémon and very strong, cool Pokémon.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Dawn definitely did, as well. She had Piplup, Buneary, and Pachirisu as the small, cute, marketable Pokemon and Mamoswine and Togekiss as larger powerhouses.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Honestly, since XY basically made Performances to be "Contests, but without battles", I'm honestly not surprised by the focus on giving girls the cute Pokemon lately.

Also, to be fair, Misty and Iris were the tomboys of the female main characters (does being a wild girl count as being a tomboy? I dunno), so it's not too surprising that they had a nice balance of cute and tough Pokemon.

Dawn was definitely the best example of a good balance, though. If only because she's the last female main character to have a full team (sob).

Lillie, Mallow, and Lana really lean on the "stereotypically girly" side of the spectrum, what with their love of shopping, makeup, and interest in marriage, so if they ever get any future captures, I doubt it'll be anything not cute. If Lana really does get Dewpider, I can't see it evolving.

Dawn definitely did, as well. She had Piplup, Buneary, and Pachirisu as the small, cute, marketable Pokemon and Mamoswine and Togekiss as larger powerhouses.

I feel that Togekiss still counts as "cute". It may be bigger, but it's not the mammoth mammoth that Mamoswine is, that's for sure.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm starting to think Minior would be quite interesting and cute for Ash to have as his last capture. Not to mention that he wouldn't need to evolve it, but they could work on using it's ability to their advantage all the time in battles.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm starting to think Minior would be quite interesting and cute for Ash to have as his last capture. Not to mention that he wouldn't need to evolve it, but they could work on using it's ability to their advantage all the time in battles.
I think that Minior is a bit too limited with its lack of limbs. It's also much more fitting for Sophocles.

p96822

Evolve me please
I would like Stufful to have an episode to itself because I think that would be an interesting Pokemon based on. Would be intressing to have Ash catch a Stufful as his final Pokemon and then evolving into a Bewear

Last edited:

esquilo09

I would like Stufful to have an episode to itself because I think that would be an interesting Pokemon based on. Would be intressing to have Ash catch a Stufful as his final Pokemon and then evolving into a Bewear
NO!! Anything but that!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Sorry. If anyone's getting Bewear, it's Jessie.

ShadowForce720

In all honesty I don't think that Dewpider being cute would stop it from evolving, also considering if we look at it there is 6 main characters on the main cast(obviously I'm not counting Team Rocket Trio here but yes I do know they are on the main cast) and looking at which cute pokemon are currently on the main cast or could potentially join you get this list: Pikachu, Togedemaru, Rimbombee(could potentially join), Comfey(could potentially join), and then if you throw in Minor( could potentially get caught), that's actually about the same amount of cute pokemon that are on the main cast on the other series so I don't think you really have to prevent any pokemon like Dewpider or some of the other pokemon on the main cast from fully evolving because there enough cute pokemon that could join the main cast combine with the ones on the main cast that it's not a issue if the ones that can fully evolve do fully evolve.

ShadowForce720

I can see Minior with Lillie instead, I think Sophocles will stick to having electric types.
Actually although Sophocles tend to specialize in Electric types he has express interest in space and meteorites and meeting a pokemon from space , and while it's true that Minor isn't necessarily from space it's pretty close to it considering that they are up in the stratosphere and do resemble meteors and it can learn a Electric type move being Charge Beam meaning that it would make sense if Sophocles caught a Minior and it could even know Charge Beam.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Honestly, since XY basically made Performances to be "Contests, but without battles", I'm honestly not surprised by the focus on giving girls the cute Pokemon lately.

Also, to be fair, Misty and Iris were the tomboys of the female main characters (does being a wild girl count as being a tomboy? I dunno), so it's not too surprising that they had a nice balance of cute and tough Pokemon.

Dawn was definitely the best example of a good balance, though. If only because she's the last female main character to have a full team (sob).

Lillie, Mallow, and Lana really lean on the "stereotypically girly" side of the spectrum, what with their love of shopping, makeup, and interest in marriage, so if they ever get any future captures, I doubt it'll be anything not cute. If Lana really does get Dewpider, I can't see it evolving.

I feel that Togekiss still counts as "cute". It may be bigger, but it's not the mammoth mammoth that Mamoswine is, that's for sure.
I meant moreso that it's evolved and more of a powerhouse than, say, Piplup or Buneary.

Also, I think Lana has proven that she can lean either way. Along with all the stereotypical girly stuff, she is also into fishing, which is generally viewed as a masculine activity, and has proven to be good at sports. While I know it's not saying much, I'd argue that she's probably the most competent battler of the girls, especially considering Popplio is the only one of the girls' signature Pokemon that has a complete battle under its belt. And she has proven she can be a bad*** in basically all of her focus episodes.

It's just that she hasn't done much outside of the stereotypical girly things lately and is rarely allowed to do anything outside of her focus episodes, IMO, because Popplio is clearly more useful in and around the water than outside of it, leaving her basically useless outside of aquatic settings. Hopefully Dewpider helps with this.

Master Pikachu 11

Actually although Sophocles tend to specialize in Electric types he has express interest in space and meteorites and meeting a pokemon from space , and while it's true that Minor isn't necessarily from space it's pretty close to it considering that they are up in the stratosphere and do resemble meteors and it can learn a Electric type move being Charge Beam meaning that it would make sense if Sophocles caught a Minior and it could even know Charge Beam.

Alright fair enough, but if they decide to give Sophocles a third Pokémon then they would also have to Kiawe a third Pokémon as well especially if he will be participating in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.