1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Power Up

Power Up Huh...

I'm still predicting a potential Ash-Greninja comeback.

Pokemon is all about marketing and popularity. It would make sense

2. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Concerning Sophocles, I'm still wondering whether that piece of meteorite he took back from US will be brought up again.

Lana I don't think would look out of bounds with a powerhouse like Araquanid, she is a troll in character after all. It would just add to the humour.

What also has to be kept in mind is that SM seems to be focusing more on personality than previous series. It didn't matter much if Misty didn't have cute or mirroring Pokemon because a lot of them didn't even appear for the purpose of being a character (anyone remember Staryu or Starmie's personalities?). Most of the Pokemon in SM so far are utilised to bounce off their trainer and help develop their agendas or talents (even if some are still underdeveloped in that regard).

Nearly all of Ash's Pokemon are hyperactive kids or gung-ho battlers. Lillie's Pokemon is shy and introverted, if willing to branch out in similar ways. Kiawe's Pokemon are all tough guys with soft spots. Sophocles' Pokemon are adorkable types with more strategic abilities to compensate for poor physical strength.

3. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Bringing back Ash Greninja would be a bad idea, in my opinion. It will steal the spotlight from Ash's Alolan team and leave them underdeveloped.

4. Power Up

Power Up Huh...

Maybe. But I would think he would come far later in SM

5. RileyXY1

What would be the point? Greninja already had an entire region to shine. The Alolan team need to be the focus here.

6. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

Marketing the current generation is probably of higher priority than marketing the previous generations. That's part of marketing, too.

7. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

Sorry for the late reply

I'm not saying Pokemon can't still be caught after debuting or that it can't survive outside cold environments it's the fact that they had the perfect setup for Ash to catch one and they didn't.

Yes he his going back to Ula Ula Island but that doesn't mean he'll go back to the mountain again. Also could of had an episode after Lillie's episode where Ash could of capture it then.

8. RileyXY1

Well, Ash losing a competition to another trainer for a Gible didn't stop him from catching his own later. It's the same here. He didn't have to catch Alolan Sandshrew in SM60. He can always go back to Mt. Lanakila, especially since the league is there. And, Alolan Sandshrew can also be caught at Tapu Village.

lolipiece likes this.
  9. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

lol Iwane just posted a drawing of Decidueye and wrote "I wonder if Rowlet will evolve?" (or something along those lines). I wonder if he's teasing, I assume he wouldn't be allowed to so he probably legit doesn't know (like those times he's said he'd like it if Paul returned), probably won't be anytime soon either way.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  10. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

The anime writers aren't exactly following the games when it comes to where certain Pokémon can be found, so I don't think there is anything keeping Alolan Sandshrew from appearing somewhere besides Mount Lanakila or Tapu Village. (Though it would be nice if the writers at least follow the games with regards to which island Alolan Sandshrew can be found on, and don't have it appear on Melemele, Akala, or Poni Islands. :p )

I agree that the debut of a Pokémon doesn't stop a character from catching that Pokémon later, especially when the debut is nothing more than a brief appearance, which was the case with Alolan Sandshrew. When a Pokémon has an entire episode focused on it, then the likelihood of someone catching it dramatically decreases, but I don't think that holds true for Pokémon who only make brief appearances.

11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Ash didn't catch Sandshrew then because it wasn't the focus of the episode. The race was. And as others pointed out numerous times before, a Pokemon can still be caught episodes after it's debut(Noibat, Pancham)

RileyXY1 likes this.
  12. RileyXY1

I've said this countless times before, debuting already does not mean that the Pokemon can't be caught! In fact, Ash will now have to catch a Pokemon that debuted already.

13. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Except that, that could literally be said about the other pokemon that Ash didn't catch when they first debuted before catching them later like Noibat, Gible, etc. Look episode 60 no matter how you try to argue it was not the perfect set up for Ash catching a Alolan Sandshrew in that episode, because of the fact that in that episode for one the episode wasn't even focus on Alolan Sandshrew at all, and they had just a minor background appearance and two Ash was not the focus of the episode, as Lillie and her Alolan Vulpix were the focus of the episode so it wouldn't make any sense for Ash to catch a pokemon in that episode as it would take away focus from Lillie.

Look just because it can be found on Mount Lanakila in the games and we just happened to see some Alolan Sandshrew when we had a episode that take place on Mount Lanakila doesn't automatically mean that it's a perfect setup for the character to catch a pokemon in that episode, especially when that character and pokemon are not the focus of the episode.

Also a "perfect setup" in a episode for Ash to catch a pokemon in that episode would be like episode 29 where Ash encountered a Morelull and then bonds with it and in Morelull case he wind up following it and other Morelull and saw them evolving into Shiinotic and yet even though that particular Shiinotic could have decided to join Ash it didn't and it hasn't really appeared since, that's more of a example of Ash having a "perfect setup" in a episode to catch a pokemon in that episode in the case of Shiinotic he didn't catch it.

However if you notice Ash and Alolan Sandshrew weren't the focus of episode 60 as Lillie and her Alolan Vulpix was, not to mention that Alolan Sandshrew only appeared for few brief seconds as a background pokemon and not to mention that Ash had no major interactions with those particular Alolan Sandshrew however that doesn't mean that he won't have major interactions and bond with a Alolan Sandshrew in a later epiosde , so no matter how you try to argue it no episode 60 wasn't the perfect setup for Ash to catch Alolan Sandshrew in that episode.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 5:42 PM
    RileyXY1 likes this.
  14. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The only Dragon/Fairy Pokémon

Although right now it seems that Mt. Lanakila and Tapu Village are going to be the most suitable places as Sandshrew's habitat. But yeah, I kinda agree that it could be just caught elsewhere like what happened to a couple of Pokémon before, even near Po Town because that place seems quite cold.

15. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Link?

16. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

17. CMButch

CMButch SM anime comedy= Adam Sandler's comedy

1.I doubt Rowlet will evolve.If they wanted it to evolve, he would already have.
    2.Torracat will evolve so we can have Incine vs Incine, also according to that sketch years ago where Mallow is cooking something on Incine's stomach it seems it will be Ash's Incineroar( so that sketch is most likely real so that means that they already made out what Ash's team will be and not making them along the way) so based on that Rowlet won't evolve until Torra evolves and Torra will likely evolve in SM S2(Japanese-wise not dubbed UA).BTW, I'd assume S2 comes in August/September 2018.
    3.Poipole will likely evolve and then leave. I wouldn't like him to leave, tbh.It'd be strong powerhouse to Ash's team.
    4.Now likely(if Poipole stays) Ash's final Pokemon what it will be? Hmm...Crabrawler? IDK.
    BTW, about Greninja he would return at best for the Alolan league( if there's any) But TBH, I don't think there will be any league in this series. IDK, I just don't think it will happen. Maybe they will finish it with one random tournament where all students compete and Ash gets graduation trophy(which is nowhere near valuable as a league trophy).. or something.

18. ShadowForce720

Um no, just because Rowlet hasn't evolved yet doesn't mean they won't, really when you look at it the whole argument that oh something can't happen because they would have done it already is a weak argument when you consider for one you don't control what happens in the anime as the writers and the others who work on the anime and make the decisions of what happens in the anime do, so it's ridiculous to pretend like somehow certain things in the anime have to happen by a time limit you set or otherwise they can't happen when you have no control over the anime, and not only that but we still have quite a bit episodes left that's plenty of time for Rowlet to evolve .

Plus I also remember that back before we knew about Nebby debuting in episode 44 some people tried to make the argument that Nebby wasn't going to be in the anime because if it was it would have shown up already and yet in episode 44 Nebby showed up, not to mention that I think there were some people that thought that because Gladion didn't show Type:Null in episode 27 when he first showed up that it meant that Gladion didn't have it and yet in episode 37 it was clearly shown that he did have Type:Null. So how about you stop using this ridiculous weak argument that oh well if Rowlet was going to evolve it would have evolve already, because no matter how you look at it just because Rowlet hasn't evolve yet doesn't mean it won't evolve.

Also in regards to the sketch your referring to it's already been pointed out multiple times that, that sketch has nothing to do with the anime, so stop trying to use it as evidence, as it's not related to the anime, so no, Torracat doesn't have to evolve before Rowlet evolves into Dartrix.

Also in regards to the idea that there won't be a league, it sounds like you haven't been keeping up with the anime considering the fact that not only did the league get mention at the end of episode 43, it was also brought up again in episode 65 so at this point it's safe to say will most likely be getting a Alolan League.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 12:05 AM
  19. CMButch

CMButch SM anime comedy= Adam Sandler's comedy

Lmao, you seem deeply frustrated over the fact that I put "doubt" in my post yet you're still acting like I said it as a fact, while you clearly said " doubt". Also, you know what's giving away? How you constructed your sentence. Rowlet's time has passed, that's why I said I doubt it will evolve.

I am not keeping with anime because this anime is awful.. I know league has been mentioned in episodes where Misty and Brock returned( I watched because of Misty and Brock), but I don't think league will happen because SM anime is obviously not for the league. League is for action/adventure anime, not slice of life/comedy anime.Plus, on the side you need badges for the league, Ash didn't get any badges/symbols or anything like that.He only got Z moves which are not like badges, they're used in the battles. Also, see when you said "likely", I didn't go on rampage mode and say "um no, league won't 100% happen as a fact", instead I said "I don't think". You obviously have some temper issues on this thread, of what will Ash catch and what will evolve etc( because I remember you from past when I debated with you saying that Ash's won't get any past gen Pokemon and you were saying he will as a fact; maybe that's how you construct your sentences, but from what I've seen in the past,it seems you want to make your voice the strongest here. Sorry, but that's not happening, I still have my stance).

20. ShadowForce720

Whose to say Rowlet time has pass, there is still time left for it to evolve. Also Kukui specifically brought up the league again in episode 65 when he mentioned it to Illima so it's pretty likely that there will be a league. As for needing badges whose to say that you would need badges to participate in the Alolan League as they could just make the requirement that you have to beat all 4 kahunas to compete in the Alolan league. Also what are you talking about I never said that he would get a past gen pokemon as a fact, and if your talking about Alolan Sandshrew that is not a past gen pokemon and no I never said that it was confirmed that Ash would get one.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 12:13 AM
    Rock Captain 99 likes this.