• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, if it's something, Dartrix hasn't appeared at all yet, just like how Torracat didn't debut until Litten evolved. That's mildly suspicious.

Meanwhile, Brionne already debuted months ago.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But it's still possible that Dartrix will debut as a Pokémon owned by a COTD. But because it's already getting quite late into the anime considering that Ash and his classmates are tracking down Ultra Beasts as the Ultra Guardians and that Ash has completed all of his Melemele and Akala trials, it's probably less likely this time Dartrix will debut as a POTD. Around then, it is much closer to the climax of the series than in the earlier episodes so it would be better for the producers to focus on how the main characters deal with the situation during the build-up to the climax and at the climax.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

"Except it's not really the same as Mega evolution because Mega Evolution is triggered in battle and not only that the pokemon reverts back after the battle for instance lets just say Ash brought back his Charizard sure when it's Mega evolved it promotes gen 6, but the problem is that when we see it outside of battle it will be not be Mega Evolved meaning it won't be promoting gen 6,"

You're acting like ME is the only way of promoting Gen 6, same with Alolan forms. Newsflash, it's not. It's only some factors of promoting Gen 6/Gen 7.So,yes when Charizard battles in ME form, it does promote Gen 6, it doesn't matter if goes back to normal or not. Audience knows he can do that and he will do it in future. Also, look at Alain, he's battling with MCY all the time.Also, you're acting like Ash's Pokemon are the only ones who are promoting. Newsflash again, they're not.

*where Ash-Greninja regardless of whether or not it was in that state was always promoting gen 6, while in the case of Alolan forms they don't revert back after battle, if Ash got a Alolan Sandshrew it would be a Alolan Sandshrew and promoting gen 7 every time Ash uses it since it wouldn't revert to a Kanto Sandshrew during the series, sure we have 5 other main characters but that doesn't mean that Ash can't get a Alolan form as well and when you think about from a marketing standpoint it makes a lot of sense for Ash to get a Alolan form to market it and there is no reason why Ash can't get a Alolan form.*

By that logic; Greninja is only promoting Gen 6 in base form in A-G form,he's promoting Gen 7 because A-G came in SM anime, which basically means it's Gen 7 stuff.And since A-G has more focus than base one, that means Greninja's entire purpose is promoting upcoming gen.You do understand that almost every time Ash uses Greninja, he goes to A-G? So, that reversion is non-factor.I already said why he wouldn't get that and I am still standing behind it; I was saying this since 2016, he won't get Alolan variant because it's still older Pokemon just different region. That's a fact that they're older Pokemon with new type and stuff, that doesn't make them new Pokemon.I already debunked you about this( when I presented other regional variants and Shadow Lugia and that they're not new Pokemon, just older Pokemon different look and type and you felt blank).Regional variants would be for 5 other MC's while Ash would get gen 7 Pokemon.Also, why must be A-Sandslash? Why not Alolan Muk or Grimer?Why are you limited to Sandslash? Inb4 you say because he has Muk already. Lmao.

*Also the main reason why Ash probably didn't get a Mega Evolution was likely because that would mean they would have to focus on that pokemon a lot and it would likely become Ash's ace for the Kalos region,*

Not really, if he got ME and still had Greninja( and as I said A-G is made to promote Gen 7 based on how A-G was Gen 7 stuff), they'd be split at best.Also, because one would be ace, that doesn't other Pokemon will be leftovers and not used as promotion.Sceptile was Ash's ace, but I do remember other Pokemon getting and stealing spotlight, hell I even remember Torkoal/Corphish having more spotlight than Grovyle and based on all that we still have Pikachu, which according to your logic is always center of attention which would mean; they're constantly promoting Gen 1. Lmao xd. Fast, switch to Togademaru!!!!

*which the problem is the said pokemon that can Mega Evolve is not always in it's Mega Evolved state so it would only be promoting gen 6 during the battles and they likely wanted Ash's ace to be a gen 6 pokemon that constantly promotes gen 6, where as with Alolan forms that's not a issue as for Alolan forms like Alolan Sandshrew because they don't revert back after battle to the Kanto forms which means there always promoting gen 7 and plus they don't have the issue of having to make the Alolan form Ash's ace.*

But Pikachu is always there in a center, so he must be constantly promoting Gen 1 over and over again.Also, Greninja almost constantly promoted Gen 7 because every time Ash battled with it, it went A-G. So based on all your logic and this; XY was basically promoting Gen 1 and Gen 7.Only Alain was there to promote Gen 6 with constant ME-ing. So, no Greninja didn't promote Gen 6 constantly. And Ash having ME would promote Gen 6 during the battles, that XY is filled with.Similiar to Alain.

*Also in regards to not all of the UBs not appearing and debuting until the Necrozma arc so far from what has been seen of how they are handling the UBs in the anime nothing suggest that will be the case, yes there is still a lot UBs however your not really providing anything solid to the claim that some won't appear until the Necrozma arc other then you think that gen 8 is coming out in mid-2019 and that it fits into the schedule you made which isn't really that strong of a argument, especially when so far we had Buzzwole debut in Feburary, Poipole get caught in March, and Celesteela debut in April, and we know that Nihilego has already debuted, so looking at that combine with still no foreshadowing of Necrozma other then appearing in the initial poster saying that most of them aren't going to appear until the Necrozma arc means it's not a safe thing to assume that most of them won't appear until the Necrozma arc.*

From this short of time debating you, it seems your entire point is this : "anything can happen, because it's writer's word and anything is possible" which is the most "no sh*t Sherlock" thing I've came across on anywhere.My point however is "because of patterns some thing may/may not happen". I look at pattern study it and came to conclusion what and what won't happen.That doesn't mean it's always the case, if something repeats over 20 years, there is some truth in it. Example, I already knew Ash will lose Kalos league. I bet If I debated you on that topic back 2 years ago; you'd be saying "You have no idea if that will happen or not, not indications/sources that Ash will lose..." that's true, but based on patterns and whatnot, I was saying he'd lose and he lost.That's why I am saying based on patterns, Ash won't have Decidueye and Alolan variant. Based on my KL prediction, this may be true. How is not that strong of an argument? You must be in denial or what to not understand that new season is coming after
UG arc aka in August/September. Lmao. BW2 came in almost 2 years since anime debut, so did XY. 2 years of SM is coming closer so, there will be SM2 ,just there was XYZ and BW2. By that time we'd get Necrozma arc(first) and league arc(final and that's it.We wouldn't get like DI or OI.Also, you do understand that Necrozma arc can be from August/September 2018 to Feb-March 2018 which is a plenty of time to finish the arc(5-6 months; for spring; 7-8 months for summer), then we got some kind of league which would be 1 month at best. Likely most of them would appear in Necrozma arc because it's "grand finale" or the climax of SM era.Reason? Necrozma would require Solgaleo/Lunaala to transform and Sol/Lun would make UB appear just like Faba made Cosmog call out Nihilego. Sure not all would play parts, but some we haven't seen. Example if we don't get to see 3-4 Ub's until Necrozma's arc, those 3-4 would appear in Necrozma's arc. Logically.Also, you do understand that they can easily fit, 2 Ub's in 1 month, they're not obligated to make 1 Ub per month like you're implying they do. Funny, you're going by patterns: 1 month per UB( even though you're against it), making you a hypocrite.

*If anything at this point with the way things are currently going it seems more likely that all of the UBS are going to debut in the current arc and then once they all debuted then we get the Necrozma arc.*

No, nothing implies that. You're calling me out for "BS implying" now you're making "BS" implying.

*Also in regards to gen 8 you say that there hyping it up, but here is the thing the ones hyping it up the most isn't Gamefreak and Nintendo it's the people on YouTube, that keep covering these different rumors and say things like they think that it's definitely coming out this year or early-mid 2019, so if it doesn't come out until late 2019 people getting disappointed about it not coming out early isn't really Gamefreak's or Nintendo's problem since they never said that it was definitely coming out in 2018 or early-mid 2019 all they said was that it coming out 2018 or Later which that includes Late 2019 and beyond although I don't think we would have to wait until 2020 though."

And people on Youtube, Reddit, 4chan etc etc are buying those games. Without them/us Pokemon wouldn't exist.It's not their problem, but that would cause them to lose money they should deserve because they're working hard at the games.I agree that's people's problem, but let's not forget that those people are source of income for GF too. That magazine which stated that 2018 or later is not trustworthy,though. Also, I am basing this because; if they worked Gne 8 since 2014/2015, then I don't see a problem why it should be early-mid 2019. I mean that would mean they're 3 years in and ready to go in early-mid 2019. If they started making Gen 8 in 2016(mid-late), then probably it'd be late 2019.

*I mean it's a similar situation to what happened when Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were revealed and announced for the Nintendo 3Ds which during that time channels on YouTube were getting people hype up about either D&P remakes or Pokemon Stars for the Switch because of here people covering the rumors on YouTube even thought Gamefreak and Nintendo never said that the next main series pokemon games after Pokemon Sun and Moon were going to be coming out on the Switch. If you look at it most of the stuff people are covering on YouTube are just rumors and other stuff that isn't necessarily reliable.*

Actually, no about Stars and USUM. People weren't hype for Stars when USUM came. Lol. You meant when SM came? Yes, they were because they thought there will be Stars as sequel instead of USUM. Not this; SM>USUM>Stars, but this: SM>Stars, yet we got USUM. So, it was all same train, still they were hypes with sequel for SM, they still got wrong name.

*Plus let's be honest if Pokemon gen 8 gets announce during January or Feburary of 2019 for late 2019, sure some may be disappointed initially that it wouldn't be coming out until late 2019 but you that initial disappointment is going to likely change into hype that there would finally be a solid timeframe of when the games would come out and while it's true that there would be a few months drought of information like usual once we get start getting information those same people that are on YouTube that said they were disappointed are going to be eating all that fresh juicy 8 gen reveals up just like everyone else, so it's not really going to hurt the sales.*

Well, yeah; they would probably be disappointed and then hyped again if that happened, it wouldn't hurt sames that much at all. If they were really creating Gen 8 for 3 years then it should happen in early-mid 2019 because to stay hype on the switch since it's relatively new console.You know make iron while it's still hot, that's why I think they're aiming at that early-mid release.

"As for the whole argument that Pokemon Switch should come out in mid 2019 because of Zelda Breath of the Wild doing good in a March release may I remind that while it's true that Zelda Breath of the Wild did good it's also true that it by the end of 2017 Zelda Breath of the Wilds was easily passed by Super Mario Odyssey which came out in October of that year and considering both of those are big franchises however both Pokemon and Mario are bigger then Zelda,"

You answered your own argument. Zelda is big, but Mario is bigger thus Mario did pass Zelda because Mario is more of an icon then Zelda is. You're still a point( are you reading my comments well?Denial=) I clearly stated that Zelda did the best in Zeldaverse games. I am not saying out of all Switch games, I just said, out of all Zelda games.Whole argument is just because it's holiday release doesn't mean, it will earn more money. Zelda's Link between the Worlds came out in November (Holiday season). sccording to your logic, BtW should gross more than Breath of the Wild.What happened? Oh yeah, BoTW grossed more. Just because SM was released in November and Gen 8 is released Summer time or spring time, doesn't mean for the fact that SM will still gross more. I debunked this with Zelda's Link between Worlds and Breath. Also, not to mention that Pokemon game will be on the Switch too.You're comparing peaches and apples. Mario =/= Zelda. I am talking in Zeldaverse not comparing Mario to Zelda.I don't give a sh*t, if another series surpass another series. I am talking about one series, not multiple. I already gave you a proof that it doesn't matter if it's holiday season or what.Try to read it better now.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I doubt Rowlet will evolve at all it's Oshawott/Chespin all over again.
I don't think that it is. Rowlet has none of the traits of gagmons. It doesn't have a brash, arrogant, and selfcentered personality. It also doesn't run scared from big Pokemon.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, if it's something, Dartrix hasn't appeared at all yet, just like how Torracat didn't debut until Litten evolved. That's mildly suspicious.

Meanwhile, Brionne already debuted months ago.
Quilladin took forever to debut too though. While I am in the Rowlet evolving camp, it wouldn't surprise me if Dartrix was treated the same.

Also, we've had plenty of instances where a starter's evolution debuted before a main character got it. Bayleef, Quilava, all of the Hoenn starters mid forms, Monferno, Pignite, Braixen, and Frogadier... none of these Pokemon debuted on the main cast. And you've got Sceptile, Blaziken, Torterra, and Greninja for the final evolution. So I don't even think Brionne debuting early rules out Popplio evolving.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Quilladin took forever to debut too though. While I am in the Rowlet evolving camp, it wouldn't surprise me if Dartrix was treated the same.

Also, we've had plenty of instances where a starter's evolution debuted before a main character got it. Bayleef, Quilava, all of the Hoenn starters mid forms, Monferno, Pignite, Braixen, and Frogadier... none of these Pokemon debuted on the main cast. And you've got Sceptile, Blaziken, Torterra, and Greninja for the final evolution. So I don't even think Brionne debuting early rules out Popplio evolving.
And, Popplio has to evolve at least once or else it risks being rendered obsolete by Dewpider.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Patterns are just that—patterns. They are not rules that are etched in stone and need to be followed. We can use them to predict what might happen in the anime, but patterns can be (and have been) broken, so we shouldn't rely on them. In fact, the SM anime itself broke a couple of major patterns—Ash is stationary, rather than traveling, and he has six companions, rather than two or three. So, it's not Farfetch'd to think the SM series might break other patterns, as well.

Right now, there is no indication that Rowlet won't evolve. It's not a gag Pokémon like Oshawott or Chespin. Yes, it spends a lot of time sleeping, and it has its quirks, but it's acting like a member of its species; and its quirks can easily be retained if it evolves.

By that logic; Greninja is only promoting Gen 6 in base form in A-G form,he's promoting Gen 7 because A-G came in SM anime, which basically means it's Gen 7 stuff.And since A-G has more focus than base one, that means Greninja's entire purpose is promoting upcoming gen.You do understand that almost every time Ash uses Greninja, he goes to A-G? So, that reversion is non-factor.I already said why he wouldn't get that and I am still standing behind it; I was saying this since 2016, he won't get Alolan variant because it's still older Pokemon just different region. That's a fact that they're older Pokemon with new type and stuff, that doesn't make them new Pokemon.I already debunked you about this( when I presented other regional variants and Shadow Lugia and that they're not new Pokemon, just older Pokemon different look and type and you felt blank).Regional variants would be for 5 other MC's while Ash would get gen 7 Pokemon.Also, why must be A-Sandslash? Why not Alolan Muk or Grimer?Why are you limited to Sandslash? Inb4 you say because he has Muk already. Lmao.
What? This doesn't make much sense. Ash-Greninja debuted in the XY&Z anime; it was part of Gen VI. The fact that the game developers decided to use it in the SM demo, and make it usable in the SM games, does not change the fact that Ash-Greninja is part of Gen VI. It certainly does not make it part of Gen VII. It's a creation of the anime that was then transferred to the games (probably because the game developers wanted to take advantage of its popularity to get people to play the SM demo). It's not the first time that has happened; after all, Ash's Pikachu has been made available in the games.

Even if Alolan form Pokémon are forms of Kantonian Pokémon, the argument that the are new Pokémon in all but name is not an entirely invalid one, because Alolan forms have different typings and stats from their Kantonian counterparts, even if they share the same Pokédex numbers. Functionally, they are new Pokémon. Personally, I look at Alolan forms as sub-species of their Kantonian counterparts, brought about by evolution.

Whether Alolan Sandshrew is a viable option for Ash depends on how the writers view Alolan form Pokémon—whether they view them as new Pokémon who share names with previous generation Pokémon, or as forms of previous generation Pokémon. And that's not something we, the fans, can exactly predict (especially when the fanbase itself is so divided over the matter).

CMButch

Patterns are just that—patterns. They are not rules that are etched in stone and need to be followed. We can use them to predict what might happen in the anime, but patterns can be (and have been) broken, so we shouldn't rely on them. In fact, the SM anime itself broke a couple of major patterns—Ash is stationary, rather than traveling, and he has six companions, rather than two or three. So, it's not Farfetch'd to think the SM series might break other patterns, as well.

Right now, there is no indication that Rowlet won't evolve. It's not a gag Pokémon like Oshawott or Chespin. Yes, it spends a lot of time sleeping, and it has its quirks, but it's acting like a member of its species; and its quirks can easily be retained if it evolves.
He has 5. RotomDex is still a Pokemon, if we go by that; We must count Togepi, Dedenne, Axew etc.I agree that some patterns have been broken, but not as much as we want them. Hell, even one pattern that would be broken is new anime is starting in mid 2019. We always get anime starting in October, November/September. We never got new anime starting in March/May/June, isn't my argument supportive of you, patterns being broken? Also, Rowlet evolving is not big of a pattern broken anyway. In DP Ash got Turtwig and Chimchar and bot evolved. Here he also got two starters, so Rowlet evolving to Decidueye won't be pattern broken.But based on his Chespin and Oshawott and Pipluo comedic stuff, that's why I don't think he will evolve to final stage( not even second IMO).

What? This doesn't make much sense. Ash-Greninja debuted in the XY&Z anime; it was part of Gen VI. The fact that the game developers decided to use it in the SM demo, and make it usable in the SM games, does not change the fact that Ash-Greninja is part of Gen VI. It certainly does not make it part of Gen VII. It's a creation of the anime that was then transferred to the games (probably because the game developers wanted to take advantage of its popularity to get people to play the SM demo). It's not the first time that has happened; after all, Ash's Pikachu has been made available in the games.

Even if Alolan form Pokémon are forms of Kantonian Pokémon, the argument that the are new Pokémon in all but name is not an entirely invalid one, because Alolan forms have different typings and stats from their Kantonian counterparts, even if they share the same Pokédex numbers. Functionally, they are new Pokémon. Personally, I look at Alolan forms as sub-species of their Kantonian counterparts, brought about by evolution.

Whether Alolan Sandshrew is a viable option for Ash depends on how the writers view Alolan form Pokémon—whether they view them as new Pokémon who share names with previous generation Pokémon, or as forms of previous generation Pokémon. And that's not something we, the fans, can exactly predict (especially when the fanbase itself is so divided over the matter).

But it debuted in next games, thus I am saying "technically" making it Gen VII thing, since it doesn't exist in previous XY game, but in the next one. That's the point. They're not new Pokemon, in a fact. They are regional variants which are new forms and types of certain Pokemon.. Realistically, they're not new Pokemon. Regional variants are technically new form of older Pokemon, that doesn't mean they're new Pokemon as of being new Pokemon in national dex. We currently have 807 Pokemon. If we go by your logic that they are new Pokemon,that would've been like 820+ ( because of Shadow Lugia, Crystal Onix etc). That's not the case. So, no, they're not new Pokemon at all in fact.My point is Ash's not getting any Pokemon below 721 Pokemon( which where Alolan forms are; A-Muk is in Muk section) He's catching from 722-807( minus legends, myths and some UBs)That's my point.

You're using same thing as Force " it all depends on the writers" which became boring and annoying and stupid( it's same as you said: " hey you know apples are fruits".. It feels like it's all argument you guys can pull out concerning Ash getting A-form.Also, I am getting tired of repeating same stuff like a Chatot.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Right now, Rowlet's in the 'reliable' territory, he performs okay, but doesn't seem to be making any dynamic effort to improve. He's fine how he is, which makes me more suspicious to whether he might evolve or not. On one hand Lycanroc and Torracat made some perpetual effort to get stronger so evolving fit them perfectly, on the other hand it's not like tons of other Pokemon in the show didn't just abruptly evolve with no build up at all.

Truthfully it doesn't mean much anyway. Rowlet's still far more useful than Steenee, Charjabug and even Marowak. If the writers want a Pokemon to be competent, evolution isn't the only solution. Proper involvement and development is.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that Rowlet and Popplio will both evolve. Rowlet so it can use Decidium and Popplio so it isn't rendered obsolete by Dewpider.

ShadowForce720

He has 5. RotomDex is still a Pokemon, if we go by that; We must count Togepi, Dedenne, Axew etc.I agree that some patterns have been broken, but not as much as we want them. Hell, even one pattern that would be broken is new anime is starting in mid 2019. We always get anime starting in October, November/September. We never got new anime starting in March/May/June, isn't my argument supportive of you, patterns being broken? Also, Rowlet evolving is not big of a pattern broken anyway. In DP Ash got Turtwig and Chimchar and bot evolved. Here he also got two starters, so Rowlet evolving to Decidueye won't be pattern broken.But based on his Chespin and Oshawott and Pipluo comedic stuff, that's why I don't think he will evolve to final stage( not even second IMO).

But it debuted in next games, thus I am saying "technically" making it Gen VII thing, since it doesn't exist in previous XY game, but in the next one. That's the point. They're not new Pokemon, in a fact. They are regional variants which are new forms and types of certain Pokemon.. Realistically, they're not new Pokemon. Regional variants are technically new form of older Pokemon, that doesn't mean they're new Pokemon as of being new Pokemon in national dex. We currently have 807 Pokemon. If we go by your logic that they are new Pokemon,that would've been like 820+ ( because of Shadow Lugia, Crystal Onix etc). That's not the case. So, no, they're not new Pokemon at all in fact.My point is Ash's not getting any Pokemon below 721 Pokemon( which where Alolan forms are; A-Muk is in Muk section) He's catching from 722-807( minus legends, myths and some UBs)That's my point.

You're using same thing as Force " it all depends on the writers" which became boring and annoying and stupid( it's same as you said: " hey you know apples are fruits".. It feels like it's all argument you guys can pull out concerning Ash getting A-form.Also, I am getting tired of repeating same stuff like a Chatot.

Except there still promoting gen 7, and before you mention that oh I'm just acting like Alolan forms are the only way to promote gen 7 or Ash is the only one that promotes gen 7, newsflash I'm not, however your acting like it's taboo for Ash to get a Alolan form and that the companions are the only ones that are ever allowed to promote Alolan forms, newsflash they are not, I don't really see any problem Ash getting one Alolan form I mean, geez your acting likely I'm saying that Ash is only going to have Alolan forms on his team which I'm not saying that, and from what I see you have a clear biased against Alolan forms just because they evolved from past gen pokemon.

Like it's not like people are going around saying that Ash should get say like a Trapinch something that wouldn't promote the current gen at all in anyway, where as Alolan forms promote gen 7, so I don't see the problem here you keep saying that oh but there based on past gen pokemon, yeah and? why does that matter, why does that bother you so much, when the fact of the matter is they do promote gen 7 which means they are valid targets for Ash to capture, sure you may not like it and may complain about oh how they are based on past gen pokemon all you want, but at that end of the day that doesn't really matter as they still would be promoting gen 7 so no matter how you argue it's not the same as say if Ash got a Trapinch(which promotes nothing), and again I'm not saying that the Alolan forms are the only things that promote gen 7.

Also in regards to Stars your actually wrong there because if you look at it people were hype for Stars and when Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were announced they were disappointed by the fact that it was on the Nintendo 3Ds also, no it's not that they just got the name wrong it's that people were being hype up for pokemon Stars being on the Switch, and yes people thought it would be on the Switch heck that why people were so salty when it came to USUM being announced for the 3Ds and not the Switch.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Except there still promoting gen 7, and before you mention that oh I'm just acting like Alolan forms are the only way to promote gen 7 or Ash is the only one that promotes gen 7, newsflash I'm not, however your acting like it's taboo for Ash to get a Alolan form and that the companions are the only ones that are ever allowed to promote Alolan forms, newsflash they are not, I don't really see any problem Ash getting one Alolan form I mean, geez your acting likely I'm saying that Ash is only going to have Alolan forms on his team which I'm not saying that, and from what I see you have a clear biased against Alolan forms just because they evolved from past gen pokemon.

Like it's not like people are going around saying that Ash should get say like a Trapinch something that wouldn't promote the current gen at all in anyway, where as Alolan forms promote gen 7, so I don't see the problem here you keep saying that oh but there based on past gen pokemon, yeah and? why does that matter, why does that bother you so much, when the fact of the matter is they do promote gen 7 which means they are valid targets for Ash to capture, sure you may not like it and may complain about oh how they are based on past gen pokemon all you want, but at that end of the day that doesn't really matter as they still would be promoting gen 7 so no matter how you argue it's not the same as say if Ash got a Trapinch(which promotes nothing), and again I'm not saying that the Alolan forms are the only things that promote gen 7.
You're right. Ash can catch Alolan Forms. They can't even turn back into the standard form (and vice versa).

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I don't think RotomDex counts as a member of Ash's team like Rowlet, Lycanroc, Torracat, or Pikachu. It's not even like Togepi, Dedenne, or Axew. It's more like a sentient Pokédex than an actual Pokémon. You have been acting like most patterns cannot be broken, when most of these patterns are fan-made patterns anyway. So what if, in a previous series, Rowlet's chances of evolving would have been slim? So what if Ash has two starters? Given the many patterns SM has broken so far, there's a chance that pattern will also be broken and Rowlet will evolve, in spite of Ash having two starters, in spite of how late we are into the series.

You seem to have ignored the part of my post where I stated that Rowlet is not a gag Pokémon like Chespin or Oshawott. Just because Rowlet has been the subject of humor and gags does not make it a gag Pokémon. Its behavior fits with the description of its species. It does not shy away from battles or tough opponents the way Chespin or Oshawott did.

But it debuted in next games, thus I am saying "technically" making it Gen VII thing, since it doesn't exist in previous XY game, but in the next one. That's the point. They're not new Pokemon, in a fact. They are regional variants which are new forms and types of certain Pokemon.. Realistically, they're not new Pokemon. Regional variants are technically new form of older Pokemon, that doesn't mean they're new Pokemon as of being new Pokemon in national dex. We currently have 807 Pokemon. If we go by your logic that they are new Pokemon,that would've been like 820+ ( because of Shadow Lugia, Crystal Onix etc). That's not the case. So, no, they're not new Pokemon at all in fact.
Ash-Greninja being adapted from the anime into the games does not make it a Gen VII Pokémon; it's still part of Gen VI. It was never advertised as being part of Gen VII, was it?

But it does depend on the writers. It's not a stupid argument at all, because it's true. The writers and executives are the ones in charge of this series; they are the ones who determine which Pokémon Ash catches, which Pokémon evolve, etc. If the writers want Ash to catch Alolan Sandshrew, then he will catch Alolan Sandshrew.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Rowlet is a gagmon. It's behaviors are all typical of members of its species, according to its Pokedex entries. Rowlet doesn't act at all like Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin.

CMButch

Also in regards to Stars your actually wrong there because if you look at it people were hype for Stars and when Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were announced they were disappointed by the fact that it was on the Nintendo 3Ds also, no it's not that they just got the name wrong it's that people were being hype up for pokemon Stars being on the Switch, and yes people thought it would be on the Switch heck that why people were so salty when it came to USUM being announced for the 3Ds and not the Switch.

They're promoting Gen 7, just like ME does, that doesn't Ash must have them. I already explained why he wouldn't get A-form. Only way I'd see Ash getting A-form is like Aipom: A-Sandslash getting 3rd evo in Gen 8. I am not biased against them, I'd love SM cast(apart from Ash) to have it. Also, I never said I wouldn't like Ash to have A-form. In my opinion, I'd like him to get anything at all. I am just saying I don't think he will.( already explained million time). I'd like him to get legendaries. He will never catch those either. And I remember people saying: "He will get Cosmog,,first legendary for Ash" and yet Cosmog is only like Meloetta or Zygarde-core.

Why does it bother me? It doesn't bother me at all. I'd be glad to see Ash with like 10 Pokemon all training instead of 4-5. I just think higher opportunity belongs to actual new Pokemon. I'd rather Ash have Crabrawler than Alolan Sandslash. If there's no other new Pokemon for Ash to get in Gen 7,then he can get Alolan variants for all I care. So, yes, there's my reasoning: I put new Pokemon first than Alolan Pokemon.As I see, Ash has higher chances to catch Mudsdale and Crawbrawler than Alolan Sandslash.You're implying that they are only ones promoting Gen 7 based on your comments. Crabrawler,Mudsdale for Ash>>>>Alolan Sandslash for Ash.

Ok? I am talking about titles of Stars being "revealed" after SM, not USUM, how you implied earlier.Because based on that there would be 3 SM games(SM,USUM and Stars).

I don't think RotomDex counts as a member of Ash's team like Rowlet, Lycanroc, Torracat, or Pikachu. It's not even like Togepi, Dedenne, or Axew. It's more like a sentient Pokédex than an actual Pokémon. You have been acting like most patterns cannot be broken, when most of these patterns are fan-made patterns anyway. So what if, in a previous series, Rowlet's chances of evolving would have been slim? So what if Ash has two starters? Given the many patterns SM has broken so far, there's a chance that pattern will also be broken and Rowlet will evolve, in spite of Ash having two starters, in spite of how late we are into the series.

You seem to have ignored the part of my post where I stated that Rowlet is not a gag Pokémon like Chespin or Oshawott. Just because Rowlet has been the subject of humor and gags does not make it a gag Pokémon. Its behavior fits with the description of its species. It does not shy away from battles or tough opponents the way Chespin or Oshawott did.

Ash-Greninja being adapted from the anime into the games does not make it a Gen VII Pokémon; it's still part of Gen VI. It was never advertised as being part of Gen VII, was it?

But it does depend on the writers. It's not a stupid argument at all, because it's true. The writers and executives are the ones in charge of this series; they are the ones who determine which Pokémon Ash catches, which Pokémon evolve, etc. If the writers want Ash to catch Alolan Sandshrew, then he will catch Alolan Sandshrew.

RotomDex is like walking Pokemon. If you treat him as a companion, so you need to treat Togepi, Pikachu, Axew and all Pokemon that have had more screen time than others.Mini-patterns can be broken. Major ones probably won't be. Ash never caught legendary, never won league, never had all 3 starters evolve, never grew up etc. What? I already said Rowlet evolving wouldn't break any pattern since we already had Torterra and Infernape evolved. Now we would have Incineroar and Deciduye( grass and fire lmao).Only mini-pattern would be broken because he's like Piplup/Oshawott, who obviously didn't evolve.
I never said he's a gag Pokemon( you seem to ignored my comment to, so we're even?), I said he's comedic relief.That's why I am halved on this one, and that's why I think he'd be Dartix at best.

I never said that would make Greninja Gen VII Pokemon. I said that form/Bond Phenomenon would be VII thing. Two different things. It did appear in SM game and not XY game, not even ORAS, game-wise it counts as Gen VII thing. Anime-wise, it's Gen VI thing,since it didn't appear in SM anime.

It is stupid argument because it's the easiest thing you can say to counter someone's argument. It's same as "who would win Goku or Beerus" and you respond to: " It's up to writers". It's the most "Captain Obviousness" thing that can happen in the universe. Instead of you presenting other argument why he would catch it like: idk "Ash should get A-Sandslash, because he's Ice/steel type, which would be first Steel type for Ash and his Ice attacks would cool down Ash and his Pokemon!!!" Then; I'd respond: "Well, Ok, but there is Crabrawler, who would be better option because he's Fighting type and can evolve into Crabominable who is also Ice type, yes he lacks steel type, but he kinda looks like stronger brawler who would take on tanky Pokemon"

Yet your argument is: "It's up to writers". LMAO XD.

ShadowForce720

They're promoting Gen 7, just like ME does, that doesn't Ash must have them. I already explained why he wouldn't get A-form. Only way I'd see Ash getting A-form is like Aipom: A-Sandslash getting 3rd evo in Gen 8. I am not biased against them, I'd love SM cast(apart from Ash) to have it. Also, I never said I wouldn't like Ash to have A-form. In my opinion, I'd like him to get anything at all. I am just saying I don't think he will.( already explained million time). I'd like him to get legendaries. He will never catch those either. And I remember people saying: "He will get Cosmog,,first legendary for Ash" and yet Cosmog is only like Meloetta or Zygarde-core.

Why does it bother me? It doesn't bother me at all. I'd be glad to see Ash with like 10 Pokemon all training instead of 4-5. I just think higher opportunity belongs to actual new Pokemon. I'd rather Ash have Crabrawler than Alolan Sandslash. If there's no other new Pokemon for Ash to get in Gen 7,then he can get Alolan variants for all I care. So, yes, there's my reasoning: I put new Pokemon first than Alolan Pokemon.As I see, Ash has higher chances to catch Mudsdale and Crawbrawler than Alolan Sandslash.You're implying that they are only ones promoting Gen 7 based on your comments. Crabrawler,Mudsdale for Ash>>>>Alolan Sandslash for Ash.

Ok? I am talking about titles of Stars being "revealed" after SM, not USUM, how you implied earlier.Because based on that there would be 3 SM games(SM,USUM and Stars).

RotomDex is like walking Pokemon. If you treat him as a companion, so you need to treat Togepi, Pikachu, Axew and all Pokemon that have had more screen time than others.Mini-patterns can be broken. Major ones probably won't be. Ash never caught legendary, never won league, never had all 3 starters evolve, never grew up etc. What? I already said Rowlet evolving wouldn't break any pattern since we already had Torterra and Infernape evolved. Now we would have Incineroar and Deciduye( grass and fire lmao).Only mini-pattern would be broken because he's like Piplup/Oshawott, who obviously didn't evolve.
I never said he's a gag Pokemon( you seem to ignored my comment to, so we're even?), I said he's comedic relief.That's why I am halved on this one, and that's why I think he'd be Dartix at best.

I never said that would make Greninja Gen VII Pokemon. I said that form/Bond Phenomenon would be VII thing. Two different things. It did appear in SM game and not XY game, not even ORAS, game-wise it counts as Gen VII thing. Anime-wise, it's Gen VI thing,since it didn't appear in SM anime.

It is stupid argument because it's the easiest thing you can say to counter someone's argument. It's same as "who would win Goku or Beerus" and you respond to: " It's up to writers". It's the most "Captain Obviousness" thing that can happen in the universe. Instead of you presenting other argument why he would catch it like: idk "Ash should get A-Sandslash, because he's Ice/steel type, which would be first Steel type for Ash and his Ice attacks would cool down Ash and his Pokemon!!!" Then; I'd respond: "Well, Ok, but there is Crabrawler, who would be better option because he's Fighting type and can evolve into Crabominable who is also Ice type, yes he lacks steel type, but he kinda looks like stronger brawler who would take on tanky Pokemon"

Yet your argument is: "It's up to writers". LMAO XD.

No, I'm not implying that Alolan forms are the only pokemon promote gen 7, plus Ash getting Crabrawler having a higher chance then Ash getting a Alolan Sandshrew for instance, I sincerely doubt that. Yes there are other candidates that aren't Alolan forms that Ash could catch but it's not a case of oh well any of the candidates that are not Alolan Forms have a better chance of Ash getting then an Alolan Sandshrew. Right now in terms of possible candidates it's pretty much has come down to Alolan Sandshrew, Cutiefly(which has a chance of being caught by some of the other characters on the main cast), Jangmo-o, and Mudbray.

Now before you try to argue that oh Crabrawler should be on there, at this point it doesn't seem like Ash is getting a Crabrawler, especially considering they went out of there way to show Hala's Crabrawler evolving and if you notice usually when it comes to pokemon on the main cast they like to have the members of the main cast show off their pokemon evolving for instance like how we didn't see another Bounsweet that wasn't Mallow's evolving into Steenee before her Bounsweet evolved into Steenee, also to clarify I mean we actually see the evolution on screen and not just a case of where we see the another character having the evolved form of a main cast pokemon but not actually seeing it evolve from the previous stage.

Also in regards to major patterns wouldn't be broken that's not true because if you look at it people consider Ash always getting the Grass type starter and always have a Grass-Water-Fire- and Regional bird pokemon to be a core pattern that would never break and yet in gen 6 it broke. Also there is nothing that indicates that Alolan forms have a lower chance of being caught then the normal 7th gen pokemon. Also Alolan forms not like legendary pokemon especially ones like the mascot legendries like Solagleo that tend to be in leagues of their own in terms of strength.

Also you say that you know that Alolan forms promote gen 7 but then turn around and say that oh well for me to see Ash getting one it would have to have a gen 8 evolution. What? They promote gen 7, and just because Ash didn't get a Mega Evolution doesn't mean that he won't get a Alolan form. You say that it doesn't mean that Ash has to have a Alolan form, while that's true it's also true that Ash doesn't have to skipped out on getting a Alolan form.

I mean you talk about oh well I'm implying that only Alolan Forms promote gen 7, newsflash I'm not the way your making it sound as if you think I'm saying Ash's whole team is going to be composed of Alolan forms that's not what I'm saying though, I mean geez what are Rowlet, Dusk Lycanroc, Torracat, and Poipole chopped liver, Ash getting one Alolan form is going to hurt anything.

Plus you say that oh well the companions could just get the Alolan forms, well they could also get some other gen 7 pokemon that aren't Alolan forms ,you say putting newer pokemon over Alolan forms but no your not, only doing that when it involves Ash, but then turn around and say that oh well it's okay if the companions get Alolan forms but when it comes to Ash "new" pokemon should have the priority.

Well newsflash for you no matter how much you argue that Alolan forms are not "new" pokemon no matter how you look at it they promote gen 7 just as much as the other gen 7 pokemon do.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
To me, who I don't expect really anything from the writers anymore, so I'm more into the "it's up to the writers" crowd.

I was done believing anything from the producers/writers after XY(Z), because I was occasionally disappointed/annoyed about their decisions, not too mention my fan projects hardened that sentiment.

When I watch SM, I'm more into "wait & see" mode. If people really believe that the writers are going to deliver for what they want, then more power to them, as long they don't start making long rants when the writers aren't delivering them.

CMButch

No, I'm not implying that Alolan forms are the only pokemon promote gen 7, plus Ash getting Crabrawler having a higher chance then Ash getting a Alolan Sandshrew for instance, I sincerely doubt that. Yes there are other candidates that aren't Alolan forms that Ash could catch but it's not a case of oh well any of the candidates that are not Alolan Forms have a better chance of Ash getting then an Alolan Sandshrew. Right now in terms of possible candidates it's pretty much has come down to Alolan Sandshrew, Cutiefly(which has a chance of being caught by some of the other characters on the main cast), Jangmo-o, and Mudbray.

Now before you try to argue that oh Crabrawler should be on there, at this point it doesn't seem like Ash is getting a Crabrawler, especially considering they went out of there way to show Hala's Crabrawler evolving and if you notice usually when it comes to pokemon on the main cast they like to have the members of the main cast show off their pokemon evolving for instance like how we didn't see another Bounsweet that wasn't Mallow's evolving into Steenee before her Bounsweet evolved into Steenee, also to clarify I mean we actually see the evolution on screen and not just a case of where we see the another character having the evolved form of a main cast pokemon but not actually seeing it evolve from the previous stage.

Also in regards to major patterns wouldn't be broken that's not true because if you look at it people consider Ash always getting the Grass type starter and always have a Grass-Water-Fire- and Regional bird pokemon to be a core pattern that would never break and yet in gen 6 it broke. Also there is nothing that indicates that Alolan forms have a lower chance of being caught then the normal 7th gen pokemon. Also Alolan forms not like legendary pokemon especially ones like the mascot legendries like Solagleo that tend to be in leagues of their own in terms of strength.

Based on how you constructed and toned your sentence, I had feeling you were.They are higher candidates except Legendaries,Myths and per say other UBs.Ordinary Gen 7 Pokemon>Alolan Forms> Gen VII Pokemon that have been already taken by main cast(including Trio)>other UB's>Legends/myths.You were using A-Sandslash so much that there was possibility of you implying that A-S is the only one out of all Alolan variants that Ash would get.For me it's: Crabrawler, Jangmo-o, and Mudbray.

*says it doesn't seem like Ash is getting Crabrawler because of something* *attacks me for saying Ash is not getting Alolan forms because of something + he's saying it's all up to writers and now he's saying Ash likely won't get Crabrawler*
Guess what hon, It's all up to writers ;) , just because Hala has it doesn't mean Ash won't have it, writers can easily made him catch Crabrawler. :). It's so nice to use enemy's weapons against themselves.

Same logic can be implied in Hoenn: He always gets 3 starters( Kanto and Johto) and in Hoenn he got one. Also, only regional bird is true. But it may not be,since Ash released Pidgeot, he never releases flying-bird Pokemon at all. So there ya go.For me they have lower chances because normal 7th Pokemon for Ash(primarily) then after they run out, Alolan for him. While for other cast members, it's all eat buffet.

ShadowForce720

Based on how you constructed and toned your sentence, I had feeling you were.They are higher candidates except Legendaries,Myths and per say other UBs.Ordinary Gen 7 Pokemon>Alolan Forms> Gen VII Pokemon that have been already taken by main cast(including Trio)>other UB's>Legends/myths.You were using A-Sandslash so much that there was possibility of you implying that A-S is the only one out of all Alolan variants that Ash would get.For me it's: Crabrawler, Jangmo-o, and Mudbray.

*says it doesn't seem like Ash is getting Crabrawler because of something* *attacks me for saying Ash is not getting Alolan forms because of something + he's saying it's all up to writers and now he's saying Ash likely won't get Crabrawler*
Guess what hon, It's all up to writers ;) , just because Hala has it doesn't mean Ash won't have it, writers can easily made him catch Crabrawler. :). It's so nice to use enemy's weapons against themselves.

Same logic can be implied in Hoenn: He always gets 3 starters( Kanto and Johto) and in Hoenn he got one. Also, only regional bird is true. But it may not be,since Ash released Pidgeot, he never releases flying-bird Pokemon at all. So there ya go.For me they have lower chances because normal 7th Pokemon for Ash(primarily) then after they run out, Alolan for him. While for other cast members, it's all eat buffet.

No actually it's more like ordinary gen 7= Alolan Forms, and I'm not attacking you. Also for all members of the main cast it's all eat buffet. Also your not being clever here if that's what your thinking I'm mean geez by your logic here one could argue that Ash will get a Pikipek or a Popplio.

Status
Not open for further replies.