• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
No actually it's more like ordinary gen 7= Alolan Forms, and I'm not attacking you. Also for all members of the main cast it's all eat buffet. Also your not being clever here if that's what your thinking I'm mean geez by your logic here one could argue that Ash will get a Pikipek or a Popplio.

Yes it is, but preference for Ash is Gen 7(remaining ones) then Alolan forms, for others is 50%/50% in preferences. Ash won't get Popplio because one belongs to Lana.Pikipek( nope because of Rowlet) Sure A-forms are higher candidates than these because of those reasons, but Pokemon like Kommo-o are higher candidates than Alolan forms.

ShadowForce720

Yes it is, but preference for Ash is Gen 7(remaining ones) then Alolan forms, for others is 50%/50% in preferences. Ash won't get Popplio because one belongs to Lana.Pikipek( nope because of Rowlet) Sure A-forms are higher candidates than these because of those reasons, but Pokemon like Kommo-o are higher candidates than Alolan forms.

No, it's more like 50%/50% for Ash and the others look it's fine if you prefer Ash not to get a Alolan form, but don't assume that the writers share that view, and I know what your going to try to say that oh but you can't say that writers wouldn't prefer the remaining other gen 7 pokemon over the Alolan forms, well hmm lets see here considering both promote gen 7 equally it's more likely a toss up as to whether or not Ash gets a Alolan from. No pokemon like Kommo-o aren't higher candidates then Alolan forms if anything there equal.

CMButch

No, it's more like 50%/50% for Ash and the others look it's fine if you prefer Ash not to get a Alolan form, but don't assume that the writers share that view, and I know what your going to try to say that oh but you can't say that writers wouldn't prefer the remaining other gen 7 pokemon over the Alolan forms, well hmm lets see here considering both promote gen 7 equally it's more likely a toss up as to whether or not Ash gets a Alolan from.
Yeah, writers again, ah whatever I am done talking to you.I will ignore you from now on concerning this issue( because Satomine will likely respond, just to see her/his response) and I know you will likely respond to that. So just a head up that I will ignore you on this matter...since we're obviously done talking about this (and argument will go in circle to be fair).

DatsRight

I could see another Alolan form getting caught just so the gimmick gets proper exposure (most of the Gen 7 Pokemon can just appear again later on, while things would need to be more contrived for the Alolan forms).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that Ash will catch either Alolan Sandshrew, Cutiefly, Jangmo-o, or Mudbray as his sixth capture.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
RotomDex is like walking Pokemon. If you treat him as a companion, so you need to treat Togepi, Pikachu, Axew and all Pokemon that have had more screen time than others.Mini-patterns can be broken. Major ones probably won't be. Ash never caught legendary, never won league, never had all 3 starters evolve, never grew up etc. What? I already said Rowlet evolving wouldn't break any pattern since we already had Torterra and Infernape evolved. Now we would have Incineroar and Deciduye( grass and fire lmao).Only mini-pattern would be broken because he's like Piplup/Oshawott, who obviously didn't evolve.
I never said he's a gag Pokemon( you seem to ignored my comment to, so we're even?), I said he's comedic relief.That's why I am halved on this one, and that's why I think he'd be Dartix at best.
RotomDex seems more like a sentient Pokédex than a walking Pokémon. He never battles, and he doesn't really act like a walking Pokémon, or any other typical team member. That is why I don't think he should be considered one of Ash's traditional team members or as his fifth Pokémon.

You compared Rowlet's comic relief status to Chespin and Oshawott, both of whom were gag Pokémon. I took that as you implying that Rowlet is a gag Pokémon, too, and that that would be one reason it wouldn't evolve. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize for misinterpreting what you said.

It is stupid argument because it's the easiest thing you can say to counter someone's argument. It's same as "who would win Goku or Beerus" and you respond to: " It's up to writers". It's the most "Captain Obviousness" thing that can happen in the universe. Instead of you presenting other argument why he would catch it like: idk "Ash should get A-Sandslash, because he's Ice/steel type, which would be first Steel type for Ash and his Ice attacks would cool down Ash and his Pokemon!!!" Then; I'd respond: "Well, Ok, but there is Crabrawler, who would be better option because he's Fighting type and can evolve into Crabominable who is also Ice type, yes he lacks steel type, but he kinda looks like stronger brawler who would take on tanky Pokemon"

Yet your argument is: "It's up to writers". LMAO XD.
"It's up to the writers" was never my argument to begin with; it was ShadowForce720's. I was merely pointing out that it's not a completely stupid argument because, fact of the matter is, everything is up to the writers in the end. I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Alolan Sandshrew on Ash's team because it would give him an Ice/Steel type, and since he most likely is not getting Fightinium Z, I don't think he is going to catch Crawbrawler/Crabominable.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Ash is catching Crabrawler. He is most likely not getting Fightingium.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Honestly, factoring in all fanmade patterns, basically every option except Greninja coming back is eliminated already.

Can't get Crabrawler because Hala has Crambominable and Ash didn't get the Fightinium-Z. Can't get Jangmo-o because the entire line has debuted already. Can't get Mudbray because Kiawe has a farm of them and Mudsdale is oh-so-obviously being saved for Hapu. Can't get Alolan Sandshrew because it's a palette swap of an old Pokemon. No Decidueye because Rowlet is too popular, no Incineroar because Kukui has one, (for that matter) no Primarina for Lana because she's not a battler and Brionne was debuted by a character that is oh-so-obviously going to come back later with a Primarina.

Welp, Naganadel and Greninja are Ash's last two team changes confirmed.

Seriously, though, if Greninja doesn't come back, they're going to have to break a fanmade pattern no matter what. And they already have broken fanmade patterns with this series. Ash didn't catch the regional bird (no Pikipek), and Ash is never supposed to catch legendaries (Poiple). What's one more pattern?

Seriously, most of these stupid fan patterns are just another way of saying "I don't like this Pokemon, so I don't want it on the main cast."

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Rowlet is a gagmon like Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin. I don't know why people think that it is. Rowlet lacks all of the behaviors of gagmons. It lacks a brash, arrogant, and self centered personality. It also doesn't run away scared from bigger Pokemon.

DatsRight

I don't think that Rowlet is a gagmon like Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin. I don't know why people think that it is. Rowlet lacks all of the behaviors of gagmons. It lacks a brash, arrogant, and self centered personality. It also doesn't run away scared from bigger Pokemon.

It can be comic relief without being a cowardly jerk, that's just one way of being comical. With that said I think Rowlet is comic relief but without the negative of being ONLY that. They bother to give him other uses whenever possible and his chemistries with the rest of his team are rather developed instead of just them barely tolerating his antics (the other classmates' Pokemon on the other hand...). Hell since the series as a whole is goofier, being comical is a blessing.

On that thought I think they'll be willing to develop Rowlet, but not in any way that will take away his comedic elements, they're not his only facet, but they are one of his biggest facets. Evolving Rowlet would likely only be considered ethical if he DOESN'T end up a standard stoic humourless Pokemon like Greninja and the other regional birds did.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I mean, Dartrix and Decidueye have their own quirks about them that could translate from Rowlet. I don't think it evolving would necessarily mean it basically becomes a serious battle soldier like Greninja. The only thing is it wouldn't be able to go into Ash's backpack anymore.

CMButch

RotomDex seems more like a sentient Pokédex than a walking Pokémon. He never battles, and he doesn't really act like a walking Pokémon, or any other typical team member. That is why I don't think he should be considered one of Ash's traditional team members or as his fifth Pokémon.

You compared Rowlet's comic relief status to Chespin and Oshawott, both of whom were gag Pokémon. I took that as you implying that Rowlet is a gag Pokémon, too, and that that would be one reason it wouldn't evolve. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize for misinterpreting what you said.

"It's up to the writers" was never my argument to begin with; it was ShadowForce720's. I was merely pointing out that it's not a completely stupid argument because, fact of the matter is, everything is up to the writers in the end. I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Alolan Sandshrew on Ash's team because it would give him an Ice/Steel type, and since he most likely is not getting Fightinium Z, I don't think he is going to catch Crawbrawler/Crabominable.
Well, if so then why did you put him as 6th companion? If he is, so are other walking Pokemon, including Pikachu.So, XY had like; 5 companions. I was saying Rowlet is a "comedian" Pokemon, like Bewear. Just like there are slapstick and sitcom, they go under "comedy" category. Well, you were using it as yours, so I thought you also hopped on it.
Just because he's not gonna get certain Z move for certain type Pokemon, doesn't mean he wouldn't get that Pokemon at all. Lol. Pikachu can't just use GH/10MV, he also used BB against Hala, which is normal Z move. Crabs can easily use other Z move and also Crabominable is also Ice type Pokemon. Also, there's always change he can get Fightium Z. Tapu Koko gave him new Electric Z move back then, it's not like there's only one Fightium Z in entire Alola.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Pokemon in the anime tend to use Z-Moves of their own types. Pikachu, Rowlet, and Lycanroc all stopped using Breakneck Blitz once they got a Z-Move of their own types.

CMButch

Pokemon in the anime tend to use Z-Moves of their own types. Pikachu, Rowlet, and Lycanroc all stopped using Breakneck Blitz once they got a Z-Move of their own types.
Same would happen with Crabrawler, using other Z move, until he gets one matching his type(Ice for his evo), but still it can be possible that not all per say 6 Ash's Pokemon will use Z moves of their own types.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't really think that Ash is getting Crabrawler. Hala has become a recurring character at this point, to the point where the reason why the group went to Mt. Lanakila was to watch Hala's Crabrawler evolve.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well, if so then why did you put him as 6th companion? If he is, so are other walking Pokemon, including Pikachu.So, XY had like; 5 companions. I was saying Rowlet is a "comedian" Pokemon, like Bewear. Just like there are slapstick and sitcom, they go under "comedy" category. Well, you were using it as yours, so I thought you also hopped on it.
You either misread what I wrote or you are confusing me with another user. I never labeled RotomDex as Ash's sixth Pokémon. I never labeled RotomDex as a member of Ash's team at all; on the contrary, I don't consider RotomDex to be a member of Ash's team—at least not in the way Pikachu, Lycanroc, Rowlet, and Torracat (and Poipole, for now) are.

Master Pikachu 11

First of all Alolan Form pokemon are Gen 7 pokemon just because they have the same dex number and name as their Kanto counterparts doesn’t mean they are not Gen 7 Pokémon. For one you can’t get the Alolan form Pokémon anywhere else but Alola. Also they have a completely different typing and move pool that the Kanto forms can not use and vise versa. No matter how you argue it, it is still a Gen 7 pokemon that is promoted in Gen 7 Samson’s Vulpix is never going to become an Alolan form and Lillie’s isn’t going to revert to Kanto should she decided she want to go and stay in Kanto for example. Anyway besides Sandslash, Golem is also in play as it has yet to debut and Ash could still catch it until its been proven otherwise. If the staff decides not to give him and Alolan form Pokémon then the only other choices that are left are Jangamo-o line, Rimbombee, Mudsdale and even though it could end up with either Lillie or Sophocles instead, Minior. These are the only choices besides Sandslash and Golem that can end up with Ash.

kickachu

Momentai!
You either misread what I wrote or you are confusing me with another user. I never labeled RotomDex as Ash's sixth Pokémon. I never labeled RotomDex as a member of Ash's team at all; on the contrary, I don't consider RotomDex to be a member of Ash's team—at least not in the way Pikachu, Lycanroc, Rowlet, and Torracat (and Poipole, for now) are.
But don't Forget when the aether foundation finds the wormhole Poipole might not want to go back to it's world remember the opening shows it in a world of darkness and was happy to escape . Remember Many pokemon had a chance to be released such as Wobbuffet, Pikachu, and Mareanie but they chose to stay with their trainers.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
But don't Forget when the aether foundation finds the wormhole Poipole might not want to go back to it's world remember the opening shows it in a world of darkness and was happy to escape . Remember Many pokemon had a chance to be released such as Wobbuffet, Pikachu, and Mareanie but they chose to stay with their trainers.
I'm well aware that there's a possibility—even if it's a slim one—that Ash may not release Poipole at the end of the series. That doesn't change what I said. For now, given that Lusamine instructed Ash to keep Poipole until they find the Wormhole through which it entered Alola, the chances of Ash eventually releasing Poipole are higher than the chances of Ash keeping Poipole. So Poipole is only part of Ash's team for now.

kickachu

Momentai!
I'm well aware that there's a possibility—even if it's a slim one—that Ash may not release Poipole at the end of the series. That doesn't change what I said. For now, given that Lusamine instructed Ash to keep Poipole until they find the Wormhole through which it entered Alola, the chances of Ash eventually releasing Poipole are higher than the chances of Ash keeping Poipole. So Poipole is only part of Ash's team for now.
Maybe when the wormhole appears Lusamine will see how much it likes the world and wants to stay and allows to stay full time

Status
Not open for further replies.