• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Granted Sandshrew could possibly be another Noivern and job alot but that doesn't mean it should be denied a spot on Ash's team because of silly reasons such as typing.
I agree. I don't think that Alolan Sandshrew will be denied a spot on Ash's team because of its typing.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Paul has an Aggron and Gary has a Golem both have a two 4x weakness to Figting/Ground and Grass/Water respectively so Ash can have an Alolan Sandshrew.

nickdt

Paul has an Aggron and Gary has a Golem both have a two 4x weakness to Figting/Ground and Grass/Water respectively so Ash can have an Alolan Sandshrew.

Obviously he can

Charizard - 4x Rock weakness
Heracross - 4x Flying weakness
Hoenn - No 4x weakness
Sinnoh - Gliscor, Torterra, Gible 4x Ice weakness
Unova - Leavanny 4x Fire weakness
Kalos - Talonflame 4x Rock Weakness, Noivern 4x Ice Weakness.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So what do we think will replace Poipole/Naganadel after his release, if anything?

Or is Sandshrew going to be the end all be all?

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
After Naganadel he may as well bring back Greninja because it'll be so close to the end.

Personally I want Hakamo-o as budget Naganadel.

Red and Blue

If we are going with the rainbow theory it will either be Sandrew or Greninja. Or both if we take into account Necrozma's symbol.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Or Naganadel could at least stick around until after the League.

Master Pikachu 11

So what do we think will replace Poipole/Naganadel after his release, if anything?

Or is Sandshrew going to be the end all be all?

It’s not a guarantee that Poipole is going to be released, you can’t make that statement until it happens. If he does end up releasing it then I would like to see him with a Kommo-o as a replacement that is why I wanted him to catch an extra Pokémon like in Sinnoh instead of another Kalos situation.

DatsRight

I wouldn't be surprised if Poipole sticks around until after the league, when having six Pokemon will be less of an importance.

It's prominence in the opening suggests it's going to have a long arc.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
poipole/naganadel will likely be released at the end tbh

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If we are going with the rainbow theory it will either be Sandrew or Greninja. Or both if we take into account Necrozma's symbol.
I think that the rainbow theory is fake because of Rowlet. Rowlet's dominant color is brown, not green. According to the Bulbapedia section about Pokedex color categories, Rowlet and its line are listed as "brown".

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think that the rainbow theory is fake because of Rowlet. Rowlet's dominant color is brown, not green. According to the Bulbapedia section about Pokedex color categories, Rowlet and its line are listed as "brown".
It's not fake if they're going by type.

In which case Rowlet, being a Grass type, would be Green.

And before somebody brings up Alolan Sandshrew, Ice is moreso represented by cyan rather than white.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's not fake if they're going by type.

In which case Rowlet, being a Grass type, would be Green.

And before somebody brings up Alolan Sandshrew, Ice is moreso represented by cyan rather than white.
I'm thinking that they're going by the dominant color on their body. Dusk Lycanroc is orange, but the color of the Rock type is brown.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm thinking that they're going by the dominant color on their body. Dusk Lycanroc is orange, but the color of the Rock type is brown.
If the Pokédex colour and the type colour can be interchangeable, the Rainbow Theory can be supported. The colours of Ash's team doesn't necessarily have to be strictly from either Pokédex colour or type colour.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If the Pokédex colour and the type colour can be interchangeable, the Rainbow Theory can be supported. The colours of Ash's team doesn't necessarily have to be strictly from either Pokédex colour or type colour.
With the Rainbow Theory, the only option for Ash's sixth team member is Greninja coming back. I don't want that. Greninja will steal the spotlight from Ash's Alolan team and leave them underdeveloped.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
With the Rainbow Theory, the only option for Ash's sixth team member is Greninja coming back. I don't want that. Greninja will steal the spotlight from Ash's Alolan team and leave them underdeveloped.
There are other options that support the Rainbow Theory as well, like as what a lot of people suggested, Alolan Sandshrew. Because Alolan Sandshrew is Ice-type, it supports the theory in the way that the Ice-type is coloured cyan, which is a lighter shade of blue.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There are other options that support the Rainbow Theory as well, like as what a lot of people suggested, Alolan Sandshrew. Because Alolan Sandshrew is Ice-type, it supports the theory in the way that the Ice-type is coloured cyan, which is a lighter shade of blue.
Alolan Sandshrew is white. In order for the rainbow theory to be supported he has to catch the shiny form, which is blue. And, I don't think that he will catch another shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.