• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So do ya'll think Rowlet will keep Leafage and Razor Leaf or will Razor Leaf replace Leafage?? If It replaces it, the only thing they can really add as a 4th move is a status move, a ghost move, or Leaf Blade.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So do ya'll think Rowlet will keep Leafage and Razor Leaf or will Razor Leaf replace Leafage?? If It replaces it, the only thing they can really add as a 4th move is a status move, a ghost move, or Leaf Blade.
Let's just wait and see if Rowlet uses Leafage in any upcoming episodes. If it doesn't, then we can consider it replaced with Razor Leaf. I believe that Stone Edge has replaced Rock Throw on Lycanroc's moveset.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
By convention Rowlet could just keep both moves to have all of its move slots filled but a possibility is it could still use Razor Leaf for a long time without using Leafage and Leafage eventually gets replaced by another move like Astonish. Pokémon don't just forget a move because it hasn't used up all of its move slots while trying to learn a new move.

Zariful

If Ash gets Ghostium like I think he will. I think one of the next arcs he goes through is teaching Rowlet a ghost type move. What do you y’all think suits Rowlet’s fighting style

DatsRight

Unless Totem Mimikyu appears, Ghostium Z likely won't be distributed. This is an improvised trial where Nanu seems to have just gone 'fight those guys over there'.

I do wonder if Acerola has it though, she's the Ghost trial captain in the games (and an Elite Four member to boot), and we haven't really seen her in action yet.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Unless Totem Mimikyu appears, Ghostium Z likely won't be distributed. This is an improvised trial where Nanu seems to have just gone 'fight those guys over there'.

I do wonder if Acerola has it though, she's the Ghost trial captain in the games (and an Elite Four member to boot), and we haven't really seen her in action yet.
I can see Pikachu being beaten here by Mimikyu's z-move and then Rowlet coming in and defeating Mimikyu or something along those lines. I guess it also depends if it's a 1v1 battle or an all out battle

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I can see Pikachu being beaten here by Mimikyu's z-move and then Rowlet coming in and defeating Mimikyu or something along those lines. I guess it also depends if it's a 1v1 battle or an all out battle
I think it will likely just be a 1v1 battle. Maybe Pikachu fails to get a direct hit on Mimikyu so that Mimikyu can keep its Disguise and thinking that it is a perfect opportunity to catch Pikachu, Team Rocket perform the Fairy pose and Mimikyu uses Let's Snuggle Forever on Pikachu. Realising Pikachu doesn't have much energy left to battle, Ash returns with a Z-Move, either Gigavolt Havoc or 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, to his disappointment that the move only broke Mimikyu's Disguise and Mimikyu still looks fit to battle while Pikachu is in a dire situation. Pikachu could then finally land another attack on Mimikyu and after an successful array of attacks, Pikachu successfully weakens Mimikyu and from there I'm either expecting a Bewear rescue or Pikachu defeating Mimikyu eventually.

But I don't see the possibility of Rowlet learning a new move in the new Pikachu vs Mimikyu episode because it will be primarily battle-focused but if Ash does get a Ghostium Z at some point it may foreshadow the possibility of Rowlet learning a Ghost-type move.

Last edited:

nickdt

Maybe Nanu gives Ash the Ghostium Z... I mean it's not unlikely, although that would require hindsight that Rowlet has Ghost potential

Think its more likely that Nanu gives Ash Incinium Z, seeing its a Dark crystal.

Zariful

I’m going by what I said and say if Ash gets a crystal from Totem Mimikyu after it was impressed by the battle. I called it. I just feel like if we’re considering these like gym badges. Ash would leave the third island, having collected 6. Also considering Nanu has focused on Lycanroc and Poipole, I think Incineroar’s Z Crystal is a bit random. I don’t think I’d want Tapu Bulu to switch the crystals like Tapu Koko did with the Electrium. Especially considering Ash’s Lycanroc can use the Darkinium. But also the fact that it did learn Stone Edge after all, makes me think Lycanium Z is coming soon. But id still like Ash to have 8 elemental crystals.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Think its more likely that Nanu gives Ash Incinium Z, seeing its a Dark crystal.
That's honestly quite unlikely because Ash's Torracat hasn't evolved into Incineroar yet. You are saying that Nanu would give Ash the Incinium-Z purely based on the assumption that Ash's Torracat will evolve at some point. Yeah, that sounds ridiculous.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Personally, I think this will be a 1 vs. 1 battle, Pikachu vs. Mimikyu, and while Pikachu may struggle against Mimikyu at first, he will eventually get the upper hand and defeat Mimikyu.

Maybe Nanu gives Ash the Ghostium Z... I mean it's not unlikely, although that would require hindsight that Rowlet has Ghost potential
To be honest, I think it's more likely Acerola will reward Ash with Ghostium Z, if Ash does indeed earn Ghostium Z from this Trial. Her Mimi-tan just happened to have a Mimikium Z in its possession to give to Jessie, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Acerola herself happens to have a Ghostium Z in her possession to give to Ash.

nickdt

That's honestly quite unlikely because Ash's Torracat hasn't evolved into Incineroar yet. You are saying that Nanu would give Ash the Incinium-Z purely based on the assumption that Ash's Torracat will evolve at some point. Yeah, that sounds ridiculous.

No, the assumption that Ash will get Ghostium Z is smart you would say. He doesn't even have a Ghost type or a Pokemon with a Ghost move yet. Yeah, that sounds ridiculous.

Just sayin that if you attack me, you should also comment on the OG comment.

DatsRight

I still think it's 50/50 Torracat will evolve, since they might want to keep him the underdog to Masked Royal's Incineoar, as well as keeping him quadrapedal to keep his feline personality. Also Torracat has much better speed than Incineroar, something I have suspicions might get used in story.

We can say the starter evolutions NEED focus, but that didn't stop some of the previous gen starters not evolving and they got even worse limelight than the Litten line's evolutions. Even concerning the Z Moves, did ALL the Mega Evolutions get used in XY? Hell none of the main characters even HAD Mega Evolutions. It's genuinely random what gets used.

Last edited:

Henry's Journey

I think by the time Ash faces the Alola league his team will be:

1. Pikachu
2. Dartrix
3. Lycanroc
4. Incineroar
5. Naganadel (hopefully it doesn't get released before the league)
6. No idea but I'll go between Alolan Sandslash/Jangmo-o

I'd like Ash to use reserves in case he doesn't get a full team this saga.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No, the assumption that Ash will get Ghostium Z is smart you would say. He doesn't even have a Ghost type or a Pokemon with a Ghost move yet. Yeah, that sounds ridiculous.

Just sayin that if you attack me, you should also comment on the OG comment.
I don't think that Nanu would give Ash the Ghostium-Z either. Why should he. If someone beats him in his Grand Trial, he/she is supposed to get the Darkium-Z as per the normal criteria. That's what I believe Ash will get, and it makes sense considering Lycanroc knows Bite, a Dark type move. Neither Ghostium-Z nor Incinium-Z makes much sense here.

And don't tell me that James has the Darkium-Z, because the Trio aren't a part of Ash's companions. Ash's companions will likely not share a Z-crystal, but Ash could share a Z-crystal with the Trio, there isn't much problem in that.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I still think it's 50/50 Torracat will evolve, since they might want to keep him the underdog to Masked Royal's Incineoar, as well as keeping him quadrapedal to keep his feline personality. Also Torracat has much better speed than Incineroar, something I have suspicions might get used in story.

We can say the starter evolutions NEED focus, but that didn't stop some of the previous gen starters not evolving and they got even worse limelight than the Litten line's evolutions. Even concerning the Z Moves, did ALL the Mega Evolutions get used in XY? Hell none of the main characters even HAD Mega Evolutions. It's genuinely random what gets used.
not all megas were used, but they were all shown in some way or form (the intros to the "strongest mega evolution" specials and those very satisfying omakes where everything was REKTing alain's MCX)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

I think they showed the rest of the Megas in the Volcanion movie. And considering Torracat does have the best speed of its line, I could see them keeping it thst way. Of course, past a certain point, speed is no substitute for power.

DatsRight

Still though that shows they can put in the Z Moves in any shape or form. A COTD could use the starter Z Moves. They don't have to demonstrate everything through the main characters.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I don't think that Nanu would give Ash the Ghostium-Z either. Why should he. If someone beats him in his Grand Trial, he/she is supposed to get the Darkium-Z as per the normal criteria. That's what I believe Ash will get, and it makes sense considering Lycanroc knows Bite, a dark type move. Neither Ghostium-Z nor Incinium-Z makes much sense here.

And don't tell me that James has hit the Darkium-Z, because the Trio aren't a part of Ash's companions. Ash's companions will likely not share a Z-crystal, but Ash could share a Z-crystal with the Trio, there isn't much problem in that.
The TRio may not be Ash's companions, but they are still main characters as much as Lillie, Kiawe, Sophocles, Mallow, and Lana are, so I understand the argument that, if Z-Crystals aren't going to be shared among the main cast, then that means Ash won't share Z-Crystals with Team Rocket, either. However, I disagree with the idea that Z-Crystals can't be shared among the main cast, so I don't think James having Darkinium Z is going to stop Ash from earning it from Nanu.

You're right that Ash can use Darkinium Z, so there's no reason he shouldn't get it from passing Nanu's Grand Trial. Additionally, Lycanroc not only knows Bite, but Torracat is also capable of learning Bite, so there's a chance it might be able to use Darkinium Z in the future, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.