• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So is it me or has there been really little merch this region?? Like there's so little to speculate on :/...

ShadowForce720

I don't think that Let's Go will introduce new Pokemon.

Considering the fact that most people didn't really think that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon would introduce New pokemon and yet as we saw Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon did wind up introducing new pokemon despite being 3rd versions, so it's no longer a safe thing to say that Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee won't introduce any new pokemon, because we just don't know and Gamefreak has proven with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon that they don't care if it's not a new generation, if they want to add new pokemon in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee then they will, it's as simple as that. So there being new pokemon in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee can't be ruled out.

Zariful

I think we’ll see at least a new Eeveelution. I hope the rumor about only original 151 being in this game isn’t true. I’d be disappointed.

nickdt

I think we’ll see at least a new Eeveelution. I hope the rumor about only original 151 being in this game isn’t true. I’d be disappointed.

80% of the fanbase will be disappointed and GF will shoot themselfs in the foot big time, since i can't imagine many people buying the new games if its only the original 151.

esquilo09

I don't care if it will be 151 or not, I'll buy and play anyway, because I love Pokémon ever since the 90s.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well assuming the rumor that it can connect to Pokemon Go is correct... a national dex would almost assuredly have to be included, considering Go has Johto and Hoenn Pokemon already.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

IcySealeo

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/998755270766477313

So storyboards for the next series have started. We may be reaching the end of SM.
Hmm, so is there a chance by any means that SM would be a sub 100 hundred episode series??? I wonder....

Ula Ula arc comes to an end in SM77, and it could be very much possible that the series goes deep into the UG arc plot after that(and we actually know that SM78 is a UB focused episode). Maybe SM anime simultaneously deals with the UG arc plot and the Poni Island Trials, with the climax of the arc(Ultra Necrozma stuff) happening in Poni. After that the League happens, and then, SM series is done. It could be possible that way I guess.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/998755270766477313

So storyboards for the next series have started. We may be reaching the end of SM.
Assuming "Series layout launched" (the translation of that tweet) does indeed refer to the storyboards for the next Pokémon series, and not to something else entirely, that only confirms just that—that the animation team has started working on the storyboards for the next series. It doesn't really confirm that the SM series will end soon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Assuming "Series layout launched" (the translation of that tweet) does indeed refer to the storyboards for the next Pokémon series, and not to something else entirely, that only confirms just that—that the animation team has started working on the storyboards for the next series. It doesn't really confirm that the SM series will end soon.
Well....if the working has already began on the next series as of now, then it could be implying the end of the SM maybe isn't that much far away.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well....if the working has already began on the next series as of now, then it could be implying the end of the SM maybe isn't that much far away.
I would argue that it depends on how long it takes to get from laying out the storyboards to actually starting on the animation, and since I have little to no knowledge of the animation industry, I'm not even going to attempt to guess at how long that could take. However, to be honest, I'm a little skeptical as to whether or not that that tweets actually refers to the next main anime series. It's kind of vague.

nickdt

Well... you can argue the same about the games then. Because they already begun working on (Insert game), the new games are not that far away, but it still takes them a year or so too make.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If the games come out at the very end of 2018, that gives SM roughly six months left. Is that enough time to wrap everything up?
Not at the pace that they're going. It appears that they're not blindly rushing through the UBs like they did for Aether.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If the games come out at the very end of 2018, that gives SM roughly six months left. Is that enough time to wrap everything up?

You know, I'm thinking... The new Yo-kai Watch anime (shadowside) debutted last month... In addition of it being a follow up of a movie released last December. While the game it's supposed to promote will launch by the end of this year.

Maybe Pokémon will try something similar? Not the same but slightly similar?

A new region and its location before getting the games might be an interesting development.

Status
Not open for further replies.