• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
I'm not going bother doing Kiawe, Sophocles, and cause I doubt they'll be around much after a year.

Ash:
Pikachu
Rowlet
Incineroar(Durr.... why wouldn't it happen? The Pokedex clearly says they cause trouble when fully evolved. Perfect for him assuming it's not as dragged out as disobedient Charizard)
Lycanroc
Goliosod(Only water type that suits him. I do like Toxapek, but Team Skull own the line and it doesn't look right with Ash. Wimpod would work wonders for Ash with how the species is)
Alolan Sandslash(Temporarily Oak'd at some point to let Oak research it, but he returns for the final trials)
Passimian/Jangmo-o -> Kommo-o

Lillie:
Alolan Ninetails
Cosmog
Brionne(Different Popplio caught after they leave)

Mallow:
Stsarena
Lurantis
Turtwig(Random guess, but if DP remakes happen yeah. I'm certain she'll get one)
Toucannon

Jessie:
Wobbuffet
Mimikyu
Ribombee

James:
Bewear
Minior

What makes you think Rowlet won't evolve? Just curious.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm spending another gen hoping Ash gets an official ghost-type.

Red and Blue

If that concept art of Incineroar and Ash turns out to be from an episode storyboard than Ash's chances of getting decidueye are slim. It was still a Rowlett while Litten was fully evolved

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If that concept art of Incineroar and Ash turns out to be from an episode storyboard than Ash's chances of getting decidueye are slim. It was still a Rowlett while Litten was fully evolved

The concept art isn't a confirmation anyway.

dman_dustin

Ash had Infernape and Torterra in the 4th generation so I can't imagine why Rowlet would stay unevolved.

Red and Blue

Ash had Infernape and Torterra in the 4th generation so I can't imagine why Rowlet would stay unevolved.

Both Infernape and Torterra reached there final forms around the same time. If the picture I mentioned is legit it's a bit odd that Litten would be fully evolved and Rowlet isn't even a Dartix

World Turtle

Decidueye is Ash's best bet.

I'd also like Decidueye, but I'm also hoping for Sandygast/Palossand. It'd be this region's Muk/Glalie/Boldore. I'd love to see it hug the characters in an over the top manner like Muk and the scene cuts to the characters dumping sand out of their clothes.

We've waited 20 Years for the Type that got away. With how elusive the Ghost Type is and how different the owl archer and sandcastle are from each other I'd be perfectly okay if Ash doubled up on the Ghost type.

dman_dustin

Both Infernape and Torterra reached there final forms around the same time. If the picture I mentioned is legit it's a bit odd that Litten would be fully evolved and Rowlet isn't even a Dartix

But there are issues with it.

First off its not really acting like Ash's Incineroar, more like a random one.

There's also Popplio and Rowlet, which doesn't make sense to me, since I very much doubt they'd ONLY evolve Litten.

It's extremely WAY TOO early to even suggest Ash having an Incineror, I don't expect it to happen UNTIL at least early 2018 and I doubt that image would exist at this moment. AT MOST maybe Torracat by April or May though that's pushing it..

Finally it makes FAR more sense for ANOTHER Incineroar to show up, simply because I very much DOUBT that Ash will debut Incineroar, and the Incineroar art looks exactly like that a debut, and otherwise I would hate for Incineroar to show up like 5 episodes before Ash's.

Now you're probably asking....where's Litten? Well it probably could be there and not drawn or maybe not shown.

Let me also put it in a different way: Ash's Charmander the earliest a starter EVER evolved (for Ash) "fully or just once" was 32 for Charmander to Charmeleon, and 3 for Charmeleon into Charizard for a total of 35 episodes.

Even if they were duplicating Charmander's level of quick growth, I doubt they'd have concept art of it in March (when the concept art was released), since we should be getting THAT particular episode with Incineroar, if its concept art sometime in February or March, and that's not even 30 episodes either.

OTHERWISE, Litten should still take at least a YEAR before evolving into Torracat, and ESPECIALLY then I doubt they'd have concept art of it, IN March of 2016.

Sure, maybe they can have PLANNED concept art, of planning with Ash with an Incineroar, and that might BE that concept art, but I'm most certain that things HAVE to change while they are making the series, especially when they probably have to gauge on what Pokemon, consumers like. And if a majority of people want Ash with a Decidueye over Incineroar, they probably have to give him a Decidueye, granted they gave 5th gen, a giant middle finger, since I very much doubt Pignite was the best starter, but I could be wrong about popularity.

So the concept art of Incineroar, should be taken with an extreme grain of salt. Unless you really think Litten is somehow going to pull an even worse Charmander comparable to Goomy (without the release)

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly they could just be doing an Incineroar episode soon guys, I mean they did Delphox in episode 9 of XY so it's not impossible for an evolved starter to debut this early.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The Incineroar could just be a random one and not Ash's. His Litten probably won't fully evolve until the 3rd year, and I doubt they planned that far ahead.

Janovy

Banned
I think Litten will fully evolve, not so sure about Rowlet, they may want to make it the next Oshawott.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I think I already explained that with Bulbasaur and Charizard argument. Charizard evolved before Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur refused to evolve in 4-5 episodes after Charmeleon evolved. Same thing can happen here( except Rowlet refusing to evolve): Torracat evolves in episode 65, Rowlet evolves in episode 70. Then, Dartix in episode 101.

phanpycross

God-king
I think Litten will fully evolve, not so sure about Rowlet, they may want to make it the next Oshawott.

I wouldnt be surprised if neither fully evolved, and we got a third-party powerhouse like Gollisopod or Crabominable.

Last edited:
And for that I hope Rowlett isn't too cute for its own good

Rowlet's cute but its personality doesn't seem as exaggerated as Oshawott's imo. Actually, the way its affectionate in the anime could easily transfer over to both Dartrix and Decidueye just from my observation of the Pokemon Refresh interactions in the game. So I don't think it having some cute moments here and there would prevent it from evolving. Even though it's not the regional bird, it's still a flying bird-like pokemon and the writers tend to have them evolved in the show so hopefully that means there's a good chance for Rowlet to evolve.

On another note, you could say the same about Litten. From what we've seen of it, the writers could pull a Snivy with it. Personally, I'd rather see it evolved too. But that Incineroar concept art is probably to just showcase what it's like and probably isn't any concrete indication that Ash would get one. I mean, I think he could, but the concept art is way too early for it to reflect on what will happen in the show. Aren't most episodes being worked on at like 6 months in advance or something like that? So at this point, I don't think there's anything concrete to pinpoint whether Litten and/or Rowlet will evolve. But I think if Sinnoh was able to have Infernape and Torterra, then Alola can have Incineroar and Decidueye on Ash's team.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

If Litten fully evolves and Rowlet stays the same Lycanroc midday could fulfill the role of the second powerhouse

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If Litten fully evolves and Rowlet stays the same Lycanroc midday could fulfill the role of the second powerhouse

I'd rather have all three of them evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.