• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What I was arguing about is that reserves appearing does not necessarily mean that the regional team can't perform well in the League, nor does reserves not appearing during the League guarantees that the regional team will perform better.

And really, Greninja overshadowed the Kalos team more than Pikachu 'during the League'? Pikachu was the one who got 2 wins in both the Sawyer and Alain matches, thus robbing Goodra/Noivern's chances to get wins. Greninja just got more screentime/focus during Mega battles, and was shown defeating the Altaria trainer in the first match(which wasn't fully shown), that's it.

And at the time of the League the series/its atmosphere will very likely become battle heavy too.
You know how popular Greninja is. Bringing it back will be at the expense of Ash's Alolan team, who will be robbed of potential battle experience that they need.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You know how popular Greninja is. Bringing it back will be at the expense of Ash's Alolan team, who will be robbed of potential battle experience that they need.
I know, and that's why I now prefer it to return at the League as a reserve, when most of the series it over. The League will very likely happen at the *** end of the series when all Alolan Pokemon of Ash have gotten their due development.

The writers can just have Greninja have a Sceptile vs Darkrai/Charizard vs Articuno like battle in the League(battle a really strong opponent) and have Ash's Alolan Pokemon star in another different battle in a League(like Ash's Sinnoh team got the focus in the Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I know, and that's why I now prefer it to return at the League as a reserve, when most of the series it over. The League will very likely happen at the *** end of the series when all Alolan Pokemon of Ash have gotten their due development.

The writers can just have Greninja have a Sceptile vs Darkrai/Charizard vs Articuno like battle in the League(battle a really strong opponent) in a League battle have Ash's Alolan Pokemon star in another different battle in a League(like Ash's Sinnoh team got the focus in the Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League).
But still, the stars should be the Alolan team. It's their time to shine.

DatsRight

I think it works the same as the cast overall right now; simple favouritism sometimes comes into play, though increasing the numbers doesn't really help.

I like the Alola team right now, they feel reasonably balanced, all playing part in either key rivalries or the trials, and getting check-ups whenever it looks like they're being neglected. Only Popoile needs more involvement.

Besides that there's less potential with Greninja, he's not very humorous and he's already pretty fully developed battle-wise. There's more potential in redeeming one of the Johto or Unova members, who at least would fit in better with the more laid back story lines when not battling.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think it works the same as the cast overall right now; simple favouritism sometimes comes into play, though increasing the numbers doesn't really help.

Besides that there's less potential with Greninja, he's not very humorous and he's already pretty fully developed battle-wise. There's more potential in redeeming one of the Johto or Unova members, who at least would fit in better with the more laid back story lines when not battling.
I still don't think that any reserves are coming back.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
But still, the stars should be the Alolan team. It's their time to shine.
Definitely, and regardless of whether the reserves come back and shine or not, his Alolan team are definitely are going to get their focus during the League. Like Infernape, Dusk Lycanroc(which at this point looks very much likely to become Ash's Alolan ace) would very likely star against Ash's main Alola rival like Gladion, and very likely Ash's other Alola mons would too. The reserves, if they appear, would very likely be made to star in other battles of the League with other minor paticipants(like say Ilima if he participates in the Alola League or so).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I like how we are talking about bring a Pokemon back when Ash does not have a full team yet
I just want Ash to get a sixth capture. But, he only really has Alolan Sandshrew, Jangmo-o, Cutiefly, and Mudbray as options at this point.

DatsRight

The best way I can see him getting a reserve is if THAT ends up his sixth member, since there's a lot of trainers to share the new gen Pokemon around this series.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The best way I can see him getting a reserve is if THAT ends up his sixth member, since there's a lot of trainers to share the new gen Pokemon around this series.
But still, the main characters (except Ash) all have type specialties and it's looking like they'll stick to them.

Henry's Journey

If the S&M series is going to last 140+ episodes I think time is running out for a fifth capture, if I remember right Noibat was caught in XY076, so in the next 10 or so episodes Ash should catch another mon or it'll be a very very late capture a la Snorunt, which was caught shortly before Sootopolis Gym.

I wouldn't mind if Ash brought back reserves for the Alola league.

Master Pikachu 11

I fully believe Lana will eventually get Dewpider since Araquanid still needs to be shown to Ash and the gang and I highly doubt we have seen the last of this Pokémon. Lillie could end up getting another Pokémon or two like Rimbombee or some other fairy type. For Mallow, I just don’t see her catching any Pokémon since she really doesn’t need one do to her just wanting to improve her restaurant. So she could get Rimbombee or a different gen Pokémon, but at the end of the day I just don’t see the need for her to catch a Pokémon just for the sake of catching another Pokémon. Sophocles doesn’t need another Pokémon unless of course they plan on him entering the league, but with Chargabug still needing more development plus evolution. I think they will hold out for him. Kiawe will need another capture. I like for Ash to end up with either Sandslash, jangmo-o line and Mudsdale as a potential final capture.

Zariful

I’d say Mudbray for the Groundium. I think Ash might do a full battle for his final grand trial or maybe a 5 v 5. Torracat has an advantage over Alolan Dugtrio. If Poipole evolves, it has an advantage over Flygon. I’m pretty sure Poipole will evolve. Rowlet really shines here with its Grass And Flying type. And if it gets to Decidueye or learn a ghost type move, it can have an advantage over Golurk. Pikachu and Lycanroc can use shenanigans to still be useful or be fall guys. An Alolan Sandshrew could help out too. A Rimbombee could help out with Flygon. Mudbray could evolve and have a battle of the Mudsdales. I just don’t see Lycanroc losing Rock Throw since it seemlingly hasn’t. Seems like it’s kind of it’s staple move. I think if Ash battles the elite 4, Acerola will show off the Ghostium.

DatsRight

I wonder if Team Rocket at any point would be tempted to use their reserves. I know they hand waved bringing them to Alola, but both Inkay and Gourgeist can use Darkium Z.

I'd love if they had a Hoenn or Sinnoh field trip and used the opportunity to get back Arbok, Weezing or Cacnea as well (and hey guess what typing Cacnea evolves into).

If anything Team Rocket would probably be the safest for using reserves, because their teams aren't expected for their training or battle displays and more known for their comic relief.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But still, it has absolutely no battle experience.
True, but this still doesn't stop the writers from revealing the names of moves that Poipole knows. But I am certain that it at least knows a Poison-type move.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
True, but this still doesn't stop the writers from revealing the names of moves that Poipole knows. But I am certain that it at least knows a Poison-type move.
I believe that Poipole will eventually get battle experience. But, it doesn't have any now.

Status
Not open for further replies.