• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I believe that Poipole will eventually get battle experience. But, it doesn't have any now.
We don't know when Poipole will start battling but it could be as early as the Blacephalon episode or as late as the Ultra Necrozma arc. Preferably, it should start battling sooner so that it has more room for development for its battling skills.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't even want Ash to catch his 6th Pokemon until Lana, Mallow, and Lillie all get their 2nd Pokemon.

nickdt

We don't know if it was in wild battles before Ash caught it, since if thats the case, it technically is battle experience.

Zariful

The girls might not even get a second Pokemon. We’ve never had six main characters either. So there’s a good chance they won’t get second captures. Cause at this point, why didn’t Lana get Dewpider earlier?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The girls might not even get a second Pokemon. We’ve never had six main characters either. So there’s a good chance they won’t get second captures. Cause at this point, why didn’t Lana get Dewpider earlier?
Then that will be a waste of three characters. Lana would even end up as the first main character to never have a single team change.

DatsRight

I could buy into that if the ones they had were used in a developed enough way to excuse not really needing anymore, but the girls if anything struggle the most to stand out as trainers. Even Sophocles at least uses Togedemaru and Charjabug for his tech hobbies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I could buy into that if the ones they had were used in a developed enough way to excuse not really needing anymore, but the girls if anything struggle the most to stand out as trainers. Even Sophocles at least uses Togedemaru and Charjabug for his tech hobbies.
You're right. The girls barely do anything throughout the entire series.

Master Pikachu 11

Then that will be a waste of three characters. Lana would even end up as the first main character to never have a single team change.

As I have mentioned before Lana can still end up with Dewpider due to the fact that Araquanid has not appeared to group yet and because they have not met that Pokémon along with its first appearance being a mere cameo, I highly doubt we have seen the last of it. I don’t think Mallow needs another capture as one Pokémon is fine for her goal that she wants to do and I don’t see her participating in battles in the future so I don’t think she needs a capture just for sake of getting another Pokémon. I believe Steene will evolve one more time and that will be plenty for her.

DatsRight

As I have mentioned before Lana can still end up with Dewpider due to the fact that Araquanid has not appeared to group yet and because they have not met that Pokémon along with its first appearance being a mere cameo, I highly doubt we have seen the last of it. I don’t think Mallow needs another capture as one Pokémon is fine for her goal that she wants to do and I don’t see her participating in battles in the future so I don’t think she needs a capture just for sake of getting another Pokémon. I believe Steene will evolve one more time and that will be plenty for her.

Except that Steenee has barely done anything in the interim. And Lana just getting Dewpider after it's evolved and likely passed needing any development seems a bit like a cheap short cut, unless it has some recurring appearances to develop it with Lana like Litten and Krokorok with Ash.

This is thinking about captures more than just as a numbers game and to say 'they had more than one', this is to help them stand out and develop. I think this is why people could stand Ash getting less and less Pokemon per series because it's so most of them will stand out and bond better with Ash than say, half his OS captures. But at the same time Ash keeps a recurring minimum so he has more to branch out how he progresses in his goal and for them to all interact and gain more characterisation from each other. It's hard to begrudge any of his SM lot, even Poipole, they all stick out well and help give Ash an extra level of prominence and character, not to mention a nice selection of abilities to show his resourcefulness.

Marowak and even Charjabug have also done more to reason their existence besides to say their trainer caught another Pokemon, due to taking part in some key activities, having a characterisation, and some form of bond with their trainer and team mates that plays into their own development. Turtonator started to stick out more after Marowak appeared for example.

Last edited:
I know, and that's why I now prefer it to return at the League as a reserve, when most of the series it over. The League will very likely happen at the *** end of the series when all Alolan Pokemon of Ash have gotten their due development.

The writers can just have Greninja have a Sceptile vs Darkrai/Charizard vs Articuno like battle in the League(battle a really strong opponent) and have Ash's Alolan Pokemon star in another different battle in a League(like Ash's Sinnoh team got the focus in the Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League).

I haven't really been keeping up with the SM anime. Is a league confirmed?

If so, I'd like to see reserves as well. Then Ash doesn't need a fifth capture. Hopefully Poipole will get a battling role as well.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yes, a league is pretty much confirmed. Kukui has mentioned it in 4 episodes so far. I bet that he will get his sixth capture sometime in the future.

Zariful

I think Lana might get Primarina eventually. Would we be satisfied if Kukui showcases the Incineroar Z Crystal, Lana showcases the Primerina Z Crystal and Ash showcases the Decidueye Z Crystal?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think Lana might get Primarina eventually. Would we be satisfied if Kukui showcases the Incineroar Z Crystal, Lana showcases the Primerina Z Crystal and Ash showcases the Decidueye Z Crystal?
I bet that Ash will show off Incinium as well. Kukui probably won't use it very much.

DatsRight

I'm truthfully still wondering who will get Psychium Z. The games roles at least leave some ample predictions for the other type Z crystals, but there's no hint at all to who will get that one, unless Mallow possibly catches Oranguru.

I almost want TR to make use of it (at least I hope the recent episode wasn't it for their threatening moments in SM, this was around the same point XY dumbed them down).

Master Pikachu 11

Except that Steenee has barely done anything in the interim. And Lana just getting Dewpider after it's evolved and likely passed needing any development seems a bit like a cheap short cut, unless it has some recurring appearances to develop it with Lana like Litten and Krokorok with Ash.

This is thinking about captures more than just as a numbers game and to say 'they had more than one', this is to help them stand out and develop. I think this is why people could stand Ash getting less and less Pokemon per series because it's so most of them will stand out and bond better with Ash than say, half his OS captures. But at the same time Ash keeps a recurring minimum so he has more to branch out how he progresses in his goal and for them to all interact and gain more characterisation from each other. It's hard to begrudge any of his SM lot, even Poipole, they all stick out well and help give Ash an extra level of prominence and character, not to mention a nice selection of abilities to show his resourcefulness.

Marowak and even Charjabug have also done more to reason their existence besides to say their trainer caught another Pokemon, due to taking part in some key activities, having a characterisation, and some form of bond with their trainer and team mates that plays into their own development. Turtonator started to stick out more after Marowak appeared for example.

Never said that Lana would capture it after it evolved, I’m saying that it will most likely be a little similar to Litten and that they could eventually have her catch it and bond then evolve it later because Ash and company have never interacted with the evolve form yet similar to The jangmo-o line that never interacted with Ash. Because Steene has barely done anything is even more reason that Mallow not having the need to catch another Pokémon just for the sake of it because her goal doesn’t require her to have an extra Pokémon. And I just don’t see what another Pokémon will do for her when Steene doesn’t get that much development to begin with.

Zariful

DatsRight

Never said that Lana would capture it after it evolved, I’m saying that it will most likely be a little similar to Litten and that they could eventually have her catch it and bond then evolve it later because Ash and company have never interacted with the evolve form yet similar to The jangmo-o line that never interacted with Ash. Because Steene has barely done anything is even more reason that Mallow not having the need to catch another Pokémon just for the sake of it because her goal doesn’t require her to have an extra Pokémon. And I just don’t see what another Pokémon will do for her when Steene doesn’t get that much development to begin with.

From a realistic standpoint, yeah, but we're looking on the theoretical of trying to rectify Mallow's poor role with a Pokemon with good fitting abilities that could bring her out of that rut.

A problem may stem from Steenee not having much connection as a food making Pokemon, it uses Sweet Scent for odd jobs and that's as far as they go with her. There's plenty of Pokemon that would be useful in a kitchen, hell we've had TONS of COTD that have demonstrated that, though ironically Mallow demonstrates it less than all of them.

Another Pokemon could also help flesh out the dynamic with Mallow's team, much like adding new members to Ash's and Kiawe's (and to some degree Sophocles') teams has benefitted the trainer and their initial Pokemon's limelight. Steenee only really has Rowlet as a foil right now, and not a very developed one at that. What if she had a co worker and they played some sort of dynamic into that?

I remember this being one of the reasons many wanted Lana to get Dewpider, because it's clingy attitude might have clashed with Popplio (who similarly is a bit lacklustre a character right now) and made her more proactive to her trainer.

Last edited:

Henry's Journey

Predictions (team changes) for Ash's companions:

*Kiawe: Turtonator, Marowak and probably will use Charizard and some farm pokemon for the league?

*Sophocles: Togedemaru, Vikavolt.

*Lana: I only see Popplio evolving into Brionne and that's it.

*Mallow: I only see Steenee evolving into Tsareena and that's it.

*Lillie: hard to predict, right now I don't see Vulpix evolving but who knows, I'd like to see her own an Alolan Ninetales. Maybe she will get a Clefairy or something down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.