• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterofpokemon95

What are the chances of ash pikachu re learning volt tackle(now that its a tutor move) and using its z move

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What are the chances of ash pikachu re learning volt tackle(now that its a tutor move) and using its z move

Probably low, but we'll see. I honestly wouldn't mind it ^^

Domok

They might just ignore the Volt Tackle requirement altogether if they give Pika catastropika. I think they'll just give him 10 million volt Thunderbolt though as it is ASH pikachu's Z move.

ShadowForce720

It's possible since it was made into a move that can be taught by a move tutor this generation, but I wouldn't get to attached to the idea since it might not even happen. But do I personally want Pikachu to relearn Volt Tackle? Yes.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think Ash will catch Litten. I feel that its basis on a heel wrestler does not suit him and better suits someone of the rival archetype. I think that Kiawe or Gladion (if he shows up) will catch Litten.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I don't think Ash will catch Litten. I feel that its basis on a heel wrestler does not suit him and better suits someone of the rival archetype. I think that Kiawe or Gladion (if he shows up) will catch Litten.

It is basically confirmed he is getting a Litten. One of the trailer foreshadows a capture extremely clearly, and a promotion poster shows it right next to Ash.

ShadowForce720

The thing is everything that we got in regards to Litten seems to indicate or imply that it will go to Ash, also if you look at the future episodes preview when it showed what appeared to be episode 7 it showed Ash learning more about Litten's backstory and them interacting more, so at this point it's looking more and more likely that Ash will get Litten.

Also it looks like we seem to be getting 2 episodes that focus on some of the other main characters between the episodes where Ash captures a pokemon, So for instance I think what might end up happening in the episodes after Ash captures Litten in episode 7 is that episodes 8&9 will focus on some more of the other main characters that haven't gotten their own episode yet and then episode 10 might be where Ash gets another capture which could possibly be Grubbin.

However I have no clue if the trend will continue after that, because if it does it would mean that Ash would probably be getting Rockruff in episode 13, which if Ash is getting Rockruff from Kukui at the end of the school arc episode 13 seems kind of to early to end it. If I had to guess I think the School arc will probably last from anywhere from 20-30 episodes at the most, I could be wrong but I think the writers are going to end the School arc before the first Sun & Moon movie so that by the time the Sun & Moon movie airs Ash will be out traveling and there will be a smaller main cast in that there won't be 10 main human characters that they have to focus on in the movie + along with any movie exclusive characters.

So to give an example of what I mean here in terms of future episodes layout I think it will be like this for the upcoming episodes:

Episode 5: Lana and Popplio focus.
Episode 6: Sophocles and Togedemaru focus
Episode 7: Ash catches Litten
Episode 8: one of the other main characters get focus
Episode 9: one of the other main characters get focus
Episode 10: Ash catches Grubbin
Episode 11-19: some of the other main characters get focus
Episodes 20 and onward: Either Ash and the others graduate and Kukui gives Rockruff to Ash and Ash starts traveling to participate in the Island Challenge or if the school arc doesn't end in episode 20 then will probably get some more episodes that focus on some of the other main characters and then whatever the last episode of the school arc is where Ash will graduate and receive Rockruff from Kukui.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I think you should check out the latest poster of SM series.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So I just had a thought...

Now, I haven't seen any of the episodes but I read Ash and Kukui were about to battle but it got interrupted, yes? Assuming that Incineroar winds up being Ash's powerhouse, that the anime remains somewhat faithful to the games with regards to Kukui's identity, and that Ash and Kukui finish their battle eventually, I think that opens up the possibility of Kukui owning a Primarina in the future. Since he uses the starter that's super-effective to yours in the games and Incineroar being Ash's powerhouse would pretty much be the equivalent of this, it would make sense. Maybe it could even start out as a Brionne and evolve over time. I think that would be a good way to debut Popplio's evolutions.

Of course, that is making a lot of assumptions really early on. For all we know, Incineroar may not be Ash's powerhouse. Maybe he won't wind up with an Incineroar at all. Maybe they'll diverge from the games with Kukui. Who knows?
It's probably just wishful thinking on my part though because I really like Primarina and don't really see Lana's Popplio evolving all the way. And I REALLY don't want it to be another Chesnaught where its only appearances wind up being Movie 20 and a future filler. But I wouldn't write it off either.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, it would probably make more sense if...

Decidueye turns out ro be Ash's powerhouse, thus making Incineroar Kukui's. It would make sense with everything. The whole Masked Royal thing from the games goes perfectly with Incineroar's wrestler theme. It would explain Incineroar attacking Pikachu and why Rowlet is still a Rowlet in that concept art. Maybe the Incineroar in that concept art is Kukui's.

Meaning unless there's a future rival (Haul maybe) or on the off chance that Lana's Popplio evolves all the way, Prima is probably going to get the Chesnaught treatment. :( That may also explain why there was so much less concept art of Primarina than Decidueye and Incineroar.

Meh, don't mind me. Just thinking to myself. I'm sure I'm not the first person to jump to this conclusion anyway.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I don't think Ash's Pikachu will re-learn Volt Tackle and use Catastropika. (I wanted him to learn Volt Tackle, but I can't see that happening...)

Why? Let me tell you..
Ash-Hat Pikachu's Exclusive Z-Move is called "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt"
Ash-Hat Pikachu's Z-Crystal is called "Pikashunium Z" that allows him to upgrade Thunderbolt to an exclusive Z-Move.
Bold: Ash is in the middle of this Z-Crystal's English name. (Satoshi is in its Japanese name: Satopika-Z)

Ash's Pikachu will likely use an exclusive Z-Move that is called "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" because Thunderbolt is his signature move.

Last edited:

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
My prediction for Ash this saga: -

Pikachu
Decidueye
Incineroar
Crabominable
Lycanroc (Midday)
Kommo-o

Reserves: -

Mudsdale
Passimian
Oranguru
Salazzle
Golisopod
Vikavolt

Last edited:

Kreepis

My prediction for Ash this saga: -

Pikachu
Decidueye
Incineroar
Crabominable
Lycanroc (Midday)
Kommo-o

Reserves: -

Mudsdale
Passimian
Oranguru
Salazzle
Golisopod
Toucannon

I can see most of those happening but Kommo-o.
He almost never gets the Psuedo-Legendaries.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
do you guys think the z-move dances ash does in the ending theme is foreshadowing what pokemon he'll catch? he does fire, electric, ghost, and fighting.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I feel Rowlet has just as much a shot of evolving as Litten does... but I'm done having that sketch argument, so believe what you want.

As for predicting Ash team... I didn't really do it in XY because of how awful the Pokedex was, but Sun and Moon really doesn't give us many options either. The speed tier was trash this generation. So here's my best shot I guess (mind you I'm not gonna predict evolutions...yet)

Confirmed
Pikachu
Rowlet

Almost assuredly Confirmed
Litten

Based off opening
Rockruff
Grubbin

Pokemon I think could make the cut
Crabrawler ~ Too cliche for me, but every new crustacean has always joined the main group (Kingler, Corpish, Crustle)
Cutiefly ~ Oh but Ash would never own something so girly... have you seen this things Speed?
Mudbray ~ Boring choice, but Ash really doesn't have many Ground types
Dewpider ~ Probably the coolest of the bunch honestly, but mobility seems "lacking"
Minior ~ If Rowlet does fully evolve, Ash has room for a Flying type and this thing seems interesting

Sadly that's about it unless you include the also limited Alolan forms

Ilikepiex7

Ash doesn't have that many ground types? Donphan,Torterra, Gible, Gliscor, Krookodile, and palpitoad that's 6 pokemon which is a lot more then some of Ash's other types and out of the mons currently in Ash's party or at Oak's lab only flying water and grass have 7+ mons after Litten Fire will also be at 7.

Everything12

Pokemon caught
Rowlet
Pokemon likely to be caught
Litten-5
Rockruff-5
Pokemon I think will be caught
Grubbin-4 Shown in the opening and has appeared repeatedly already.
Mudbray-3 It and its evolution reminds me of Ash's Torterra.
Passimian-3 Reminds me of Ash's Primeape or Hawlucha.
Jangmo-o-3 Ash has already got a Pseudo-Legendary in Goodra.
Crabrawler-3 Ash already has quite a few crab Pokemon.
Dewpider-2 Ash normally gets water types and this seems to be the only one that Ash could get, but looks limited in how it can move around.
Drampa-2 Reminds me of Ash's Goodra, but still it is slow and looks weird.
Alolan Sandshrew-2 If Ash were to get a Alolan form this would be most likely based on the others.
Alolan Geodude-2 If Ash were to get a Alolan form this would be most likely based on the others.
Alolan Grimer-1 Ash already has a Muk so this and its evolution's chances are increased and hurt.
Fomantis-1 Reminds me of Leavanny, but Ash already has Rowlet and Mallows more likely to get it.

Last edited:

Ilikepiex7

looks at episode titles for 7 and 8 7 confirmed Ash catches Litten and 8 seems to be Lillie getting the Alolan Vulpix egg episode

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
do you guys think the z-move dances ash does in the ending theme is foreshadowing what pokemon he'll catch? he does fire, electric, ghost, and fighting.

That's actually quite possible, and clever, subtle (or not so subtle) foreshadowing on the writers' part, if that's the case. The Z-Moves could also foreshadow which Z-Crystals Ash ends up getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.