• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

do you guys think the z-move dances ash does in the ending theme is foreshadowing what pokemon he'll catch? he does fire, electric, ghost, and fighting.

While the ending might hint at what Z-Moves he gets that doesn't tell us which Pokemon he'll get since Pokemon can use Z-Moves outside their own Types.

If Ash is taking the trials. He should get 11 Z-Crystals in total (7 Island Trials, 4 Grand Trials). Normal, Fighting, Water, Fire, Grass, Rock, Electric, Ghost, Dark, Dragon, and Ground. So whatever Pokemon he gets should be Pokemon who can use those Z-Moves.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
there's no guarantee he'll use all the Z-moves.

Also I hate to admit it, but Rockruff really does seem to like Ash despite belonging to the professor so he could possibly get it, and it wouldn't be the first time a professor let him have a pokemon (oshawott)

Everything12

I was watching the opening and in the scene with Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy an Alolan Dugtrio and Alolan Raichu appears and I wonder if they will be captured, or perhaps regularly appear like Komala, also if they are captured who would have them?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I believe that this will be Ash's team

Pikachu
Decidueye
Araquanid
Midday Lycanroc
Passimian
Alolan Golem

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I believe that this will be Ash's team

Pikachu
Decidueye
Araquanid
Midday Lycanroc
Passimian
Alolan Golem

He's getting Litten.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Grubbin isn't 100% confirmed.

Phillip12

Philuxio
Just by now, I came to realize that Rowlet is the third starter to be based on a flier... being that they are by different types: Torchic fire,Piplup water and Rowlet grass. Guess when I saw the starters of sun and moon I realized in the very moment, but then I didn'r care anymore and now I remembered again. While Littlen that's very likely is going to Ash, must be his first feline-like pokemon. So I was thinking that Team rocket could also catch a rodent-like Pokémon, and Alola-Rattata is very convenient for that curious trivia.

And about Pikipek, if he's not getting caught in at least ep 10, I guess he's not a shot anymore. Just If happens like Noctowl, and they wanna give trubeak alrealy evolved to Ash later (that I highly doubt).

Last edited:

esquilo09

Just by now, I came to realize that Rowlet is the third starter to be based on a flier... being that they are by different types: Torchic fire,Piplup water and Rowlet grass. Guess when I saw the starters of sun and moon I realized in the very moment, but then I didn'r care anymore and now I remembered again. While Littlen that's very likely is going to Ash, must be his first feline-like pokemon. So I was thinking that Team rocket could also catch a rodent-like Pokémon, and Alola-Rattata is very convenient for that curious trivia.

And about Pikipek, if he's not getting caught in at least ep 10, I guess he's not a shot anymore. Just If happens like Noctowl, and they wanna give trubeak alrealy evolved to Ash later (that I highly doubt).

I can tolerate an Alolan Rattata for TS, but no A. Rattata for TR, anything but that....

Phillip12

Philuxio
I can tolerate an Alolan Rattata for TS, but no A. Rattata for TR, anything but that....

I also didn't like to see eny of Rattata versions in team rocket, they are just too basi, and team rocket pokemon are never basic, always has a different feature to be worked on the anime.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
in the opening it shows pikachu shocking a yungoos, salandit, and alolan rattata. they'll probably be team skull's pokemon in the anime as well.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
in the opening it shows pikachu shocking a yungoos, salandit, and alolan rattata. they'll probably be team skull's pokemon in the anime as well.
That was in the very first episode, wasn't it?

And yeah, I don't think anyone important is getting Alolan Rattata. Seems like more of a fodder Team Skull Pokemon to me. James will probably get Bewear and that will be it for them.

Red and Blue

What do you guys think about Jangmo-o for Ash? It might turn out better than Noivern or Goodra

Janovy

Banned
I could accept Jangmo-o as long as it never evolves into the final stage - it looks hideous.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
No it was Zubat in the anime, in the first episode.

Maybe later that's when Alolan Rattata will be seen.
My mistake. Like I said, I haven't watched the SM anime yet outside of bits and pieces of the first two episodes.

What do you guys think about Jangmo-o for Ash? It might turn out better than Noivern or Goodra
I would actually love to see this, since the Jangmo-o line is one of my favorites in SM and I just love Dragon types in general. Preferences aside, though, we haven't seen a Dragon type handled well yet, and Jangmo-o is another chance for that.

However, I can't really see Ash with a Kommo-o. Hakamo-o seems more like an "Ash" Pokemon to me. But as long as it's handled well, I would be okay with it not evolving all the way.

johno1995

Speaking from personal preference, I'm not a big fan of the Jangmo-o line... however, I do see it fitting Ash well. Not a fan of the final stage but if it stayed at middle stage, I'd be alright with that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm sorry but I really don't want Ash to get another dragon tbh. His dragon's have been handled terribly in the anime. Plus the final form isn't my favorite.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I actually like Kommo-o, but I only want Ash to get it if he really has to get a fighting type because I don't want to see another Corphish, besides Gible came into the sinnoh team too late to make a difference, Noivern evolved too late, and Goodra evolved too soon.

I agree with Golden Latios that the dragon type should be given another chance with Ash to see if it can be handled well, cause we know fighting sure has, maybe the fighting typing can help it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.