• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering this theme, I doubt he will capture an alolan pokemon, of which only 2 or 3 options are the ones that fit him.
If the mystery pokemon is an Eeveelution, I can see Lillie getting it. So, I think Ash might catch a Kanto pokemon (to promote LGPE) which may have a new evolution in Gen8. Also, maybe the new games Let's go Pikachu/Eevee might introduce new forms or even new pokemon.
I don't think that any Pokemon is getting a new evolution. They have shown that they are done with that sort of thing outside of eeveelutions. Also, I think that the mystery Pokemon is the only new Pokemon we're getting, and that is most likely a mythical, which Ash doesn't catch.

ShadowForce720

I don't think that any Pokemon is getting a new evolution. They have shown that they are done with that sort of thing outside of eeveelutions. Also, I think that the mystery Pokemon is the only new Pokemon we're getting, and that is most likely a mythical, which Ash doesn't catch.

I really don't think that just because we didn't get any regular evolution to past gen pokemon outside of Eevee in gen 6 and didn't get any in gen 7 that it somehow means that will never get new evolutions or pre-evolution to past gen pokemon ever again. It's still possible that in a future gen that we could get a new evolution or pre-evolution to a past gen pokemon that's not Eevee.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I really don't think that just because we didn't get any regular evolution to past gen pokemon outside of Eevee in gen 6 and didn't get any in gen 7 that it somehow means that will never get new evolutions or pre-evolution to past gen pokemon ever again. It's still a possible that in a future gen that we could get a new evolution or pre-evolution to a past gen pokemon that's not Eevee.
They have shown with Mega Evolution, Alola Forms, and Z-Moves that they prefer doing other things with old Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

They have shown with Mega Evolution, Alola Forms, and Z-Moves that they prefer doing other things with old Pokemon.

That doesn't mean that will never get new evolutions or pre-evolutions to past gen pokemon. Plus they never said or indicated that they prefer Mega Evolution, Alola forms and Z-move over giving old pokemon new evolutions or pre-evolutions. So no, past gen pokemon getting new evolutions and pre-evolutions can't be ruled out no matter how you try to argue it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That doesn't mean that will never get new evolutions or pre-evolutions to past gen pokemon. Plus they never said or indicated that they prefer Mega Evolution, Alola forms and Z-move over giving old pokemon new evolutions or pre-evolutions. So no past gen pokemon getting new evolutions and pre-evolutions can't be ruled out no matter how you try to argue it.
There's also the matter of the Eviolite, which was introduced in Gen V. Some Pokemon may be broken if they had access to it.

ShadowForce720

There's also the matter of the Eviolite, which was introduced in Gen V. Some Pokemon may be broken if they had access to it.
That's not a viable excuse, just because some pokemon might wind up being broken with the Eviolite doesn't mean it's some how going to prevent Gamefreak from giving past gen pokemon new evolutions or pre-evolutions. Not to mention that if a pokemon is broken could just nerf it or even nerf the Eviolite.

Honestly I don't understand this whole logic of where if we go without something in one or two or three generations then people start assuming that it somehow means that the thing we went without will never return in a later generation.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash is most likely getting a 6th Alolan Pokemon. What it is I do not know.
Well you can't say for sure that he's definitely getting a 6th Pokemon in his Alolan team. It's also possible that Ash decides to bring back a bunch of reserves before the League(considering the amount of continuity SM has shown so far that's actually quite a possibilty) and in that case those reserves would be more than enough to full Ash's 6th slot in his Alolan team.

ShadowForce720

Well you can't say for sure that he's definitely getting a 6th Pokemon in his Alolan team. It's also possible that Ash decides to bring back a bunch of reserves before the League(considering the amount of continuity SM has shown so far that's actually quite a possibilty) and in that case those reserves would be more than enough to full Ash's 6th slot in his Alolan team.

Whether or not Ash uses reserves in the league, it's already been shown that, that doesn't prevent him from getting a 6th member for his Alolan, heck just look at Johto and Sinnoh where he used reserves at the league still wound up getting a full team in fact he wound up getting a 6th capture in those regions, so even if Ash uses reserves at the Alolan league I don't understand the logic that somehow that means he won't get a 5th capture, he is most likely going to have a full team since he is the main character of the show so he will either catch something as his 5th capture or he will bring back one specific reserve before back before the league even starts up and then we will see other reserves at the league but the one specific one will be made into a official member of the Alolan team.

And by that I mean around the time Ash would get his 5th capture he would be around the time that the reserve that's coming back to be a official member of Ash's Alolan team will join to the point where it may even participate in one of Ash's final trials or his Final Grand Trial.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Whether or not Ash uses reserves in the league, it's already been shown that, that doesn't prevent him from getting a 6th member for his Alolan, heck just look at Johto and Sinnoh where he used reserves at the league still wound up getting a full team in fact he wound up getting a 6th capture in those regions, so even if Ash uses reserves at the Alolan league I don't understand the logic that somehow that means he won't get a 5th capture, he is most likely going to have a full team since he is the main character of the show so he will either catch something as his 5th capture or he will bring back one specific reserve before back before the league even starts up and then we will see other reserves at the league but the one specific one will be made into a official member of the Alolan team.

And by that I mean around the time Ash would get his 5th capture he would be around the time that the reserve that's coming back to be a official member of Ash's Alolan team will join to the point where it may even participate in one of Ash's final trials or his Final Grand Trial.
I can hardly even see a plausible candidate for a 5th capture of Ash in Alola, majority of the good/plausible options he had for a capture are more or less out of contention at this point. So in that case Ash is either bringing back one of his previous mons into his Alolan team which would because a permanent member of Ash's Alolan team from that point or he won't have a full team of 6 Pokemon in Alola in which case bringing back reserves would be compulsory.

ShadowForce720

I can hardly even see a plausible candidate for a 5th capture of Ash in Alola, majority of the good/plausible options he had for a capture are more or less out of contention at this point. So in that case Ash is either bringing back one of his previous mons into his Alolan team which would because a permanent member of Ash's Alolan team from that point or he won't have a full team of 6 Pokemon in Alola in which case bringing back reserves would be compulsory.

Just because you have trouble seeing some gen 7 pokemon as possible candidates doesn't mean he still couldn't get one, also it's not like he has to be limited to the Alolan Pokemon as they could easily just have him catch a gen 1 pokemon to further promote Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee. Also since he is the main character it's pretty likely that he will have a full team of pokemon the 6th member winds up being a reserve that he's brought back to be a official member of the Alolan Team or he winds up catching a Alolan or Kanto Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I mean Jangmoo is the only other Pokemon I think could join Ash and his friends
He's not limited to just Jangmo-o this isn't a case of oh well either Ash gets Jangmo-o or Ash gets nothing, there are still other pokemon like Mudsdale and Rimbombee, heck they could even have him catch a gen 1 pokemon if they wanted to.

Heck depending on how episode 80 turns out it could be possible that Ash could still get a Alolan Sandslash, what I mean by this is if Lillie catch the Alolan Sandshrew that she seems to bonding with it, or if it evolves into Alolan Sandslash during the episode or we get some kind of hint that implies that Lillie is going to catch it in a later episode then Ash is most likely not getting one however, if Lillie doesn't catch the Alolan Sandshrew that she is bonding with in this episode and it doesn't evolve into a Alolan Sandslash and it winds up just being a pokemon of the day then it would be possible that instead of catching a Alolan Sandshrew and evolving it into Alolan Sandslash, that he just instead directly catch a Alolan Sandslash that has already evolved into a Alolan Sandslash.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash has already had a Goodra and a member of the Grachomp line. I really hope they don’t make in capturing the “regional” Dragon a thing.
Yeah. I think that Jangmo-o is too "safe" for Ash. Which means that it is too similar to other Pokemon that he already caught.

Master Pikachu 11

He's not limited to just Jangmo-o this isn't a case of oh well either Ash gets Jangmo-o or Ash gets nothing, there are still other pokemon like Mudsdale and Rimbombee, heck they could even have him catch a gen 1 pokemon if they wanted to.

Heck depending on how episode 80 turns out it could be possible that Ash could still get a Alolan Sandslash, what I mean by this is if Lillie catch the Alolan Sandshrew that she seems to bonding with it, or if it evolves into Alolan Sandslash during the episode or we get some kind of hint that implies that Lillie is going to catch it in a later episode then Ash is most likely not getting one however, if Lillie doesn't catch the Alolan Sandshrew that she is bonding with in this episode and it doesn't evolve into a Alolan Sandslash and it winds up just being a pokemon of the day then it would be possible that instead of catching a Alolan Sandshrew and evolving it into Alolan Sandslash, that he just instead directly catch a Alolan Sandslash that has already evolved into a Alolan Sandslash.

Regardless of whether Sandshrew evolves or not, the fact that Lillie is most likely going to be the one that bonds with it, already rules out Ash potentially capturing one simply because the episode focuses on not only Lillie, but it’s also a Sandshrew episode which means if Sandshrew ends up in the cast then the only person that catches it will be Lillie. It’s no different from Lana and Dewpider and Ash and Morelull. They are not going to go out of their way to make another episode with a different Sandshrew as there are other Pokémon that need their own focus episode too.

ShadowForce720

Regardless of whether Sandshrew evolves or not, the fact that Lillie is most likely going to be the one that bonds with it, already rules out Ash potentially capturing one simply because the episode focuses on not only Lillie, but it’s also a Sandshrew episode which means if Sandshrew ends up in the cast then the only person that catches it will be Lillie. It’s no different from Lana and Dewpider and Ash and Morelull. They are not going to go out of their way to make another episode with a different Sandshrew as there are other Pokémon that need their own focus episode too.

Wow way to completely misunderstand what I'm saying, okay let me be clear here, yes Lillie is bonding with a Alolan Sandshrew in episode 80 which is focus on them however there is no confirmation yet that Alolan Sandslash is going to debut in episode 80, what I'm saying if Lillie does not capture the Alolan Sandshrew, and/or the Alolan Sandshrew doesn't evolve in episode 80 or is hinted in episode 80 to return in a later episode then that wouldn't rule out Ash getting a Alolan Sandslash.

I'm not saying that oh there is going to make another episode focus on a different Alolan Sandshrew, but if the Alolan Sandshrew is a pokemon of the day in episode 80 and it doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash then there is no reason why a wild Alolan Sandslash could debut in a future episode and bond with and get caught by Ash. Because if the Alolan Sandshrew that is appearing in episode 80 is a pokemon of the day that's not going to evolve into Alolan Sandslash then it doesn't matter if Lillie bonds with it or not because that doesn't prevent Ash from getting a Alolan Sandslash because the pokemon Lillie bond with was a Alolan Sandshrew and not a Alolan Sandslash.

Of course if Lillie does catch Alolan Sandshrew or it evolves into Alolan Sandslash or it's hinted that Lillie will wind up seeing it again in a future episode then of course that would mean that Ash wouldn't get a Alolan Sandslash however if the Alolan Sandshrew is just a pokemon of the day and doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash then there is no reason why that would prevent Alolan Sandslash from getting a focus episode in the future where Ash could catch a Alolan Sandslash.

Also as for the cases of Dewpider and Morelull, in Dewpider's case it was specifically hinted at the end of it's episode that we are probably going to see it again in a future episode which could easily lead into it being caught by Lana, where as Morelull was just a pokemon of the day that evolved into a Shiinotic. Well have to see how episode 80 turns out while it's possible that Lillie will catch Alolan Sandshrew or that it will evolve during the episode into a Alolan Sandslash neither of those things are guaranteed to happen, and before you try to say that "oh well the Ice Stone is going to be in the episode so that means it has to be used on Alolan Sandshrew", while it's true that Alolan Sandshrew evolves via an Ice don't forget that it's not the only pokemon that evolves via an Ice Stone that is going to be present in the episode consider Lillie's Alolan Vulpix is going to be there and no matter how unlikely you think it is that Lillie's Alolan Vulpix would evolve during the episode, it's something that can't be ruled out.

So if when episode 80 airs if Lillie doesn't catch the Alolan Sandshrew and/or it doesn't evolve into a Alolan Sandslash and/or it's not hinted to return in a future episode then that would mean that Ash getting a Alolan Sandslash would still be a possibility and to make this clear I'm not saying that Ash is going to get a Alolan Sandshrew I'm saying that it's possible that Ash could find a wild Alolan Sandslash and catch it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Give the guy Jangmo-o. I definitely don't want a Kanto Pokémon or one of his old Pokémon taking slot #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.