• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Wow way to completely misunderstand what I'm saying, okay let me be clear here, yes Lillie is bonding with a Alolan Sandshrew in episode 80 which is focus on them however there is no confirmation yet that Alolan Sandslash is going to debut in episode 80, what I'm saying if Lillie does not capture the Alolan Sandshrew, and/or the Alolan Sandshrew doesn't evolve in episode 80 or is hinted in episode 80 to return in a later episode then that wouldn't rule out Ash getting a Alolan Sandslash.

I'm not saying that oh there is going to make another episode focus on a different Alolan Sandshrew, but if the Alolan Sandshrew is a pokemon of the day in episode 80 and it doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash then there is no reason why a wild Alolan Sandslash could debut in a future episode and bond with and get caught by Ash. Because if the Alolan Sandshrew that is appearing in episode 80 is a pokemon of the day that's not going to evolve into Alolan Sandslash then it doesn't matter if Lillie bonds with it or not because that doesn't prevent Ash from getting a Alolan Sandslash because the pokemon Lillie bond with was a Alolan Sandshrew and not a Alolan Sandslash.

Of course if Lillie does catch Alolan Sandshrew or it evolves into Alolan Sandslash or it's hinted that Lillie will wind up seeing it again in a future episode then of course that would mean that Ash wouldn't get a Alolan Sandslash however if the Alolan Sandshrew is just a pokemon of the day and doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash then there is no reason why that would prevent Alolan Sandslash from getting a focus episode in the future where Ash could catch a Alolan Sandslash.

Also as for the cases of Dewpider and Morelull, in Dewpider's case it was specifically hinted at the end of it's episode that we are probably going to see it again in a future episode which could easily lead into it being caught by Lana, where as Morelull was just a pokemon of the day that evolved into a Shiinotic. Well have to see how episode 80 turns out while it's possible that Lillie will catch Alolan Sandshrew or that it will evolve during the episode into a Alolan Sandslash neither of those things are guaranteed to happen, and before you try to say that "oh well the Ice Stone is going to be in the episode so that means it has to be used on Alolan Sandshrew", while it's true that Alolan Sandshrew evolves via an Ice don't forget that it's not the only pokemon that evolves via an Ice Stone that is going to be present in the episode consider Lillie's Alolan Vulpix is going to be there and no matter how unlikely you think it is that Lillie's Alolan Vulpix would evolve during the episode, it's something that can't be ruled out.

So if when episode 80 airs if Lillie doesn't catch the Alolan Sandshrew and/or it doesn't evolve into a Alolan Sandslash and/or it's not hinted to return in a future episode then that would mean that Ash getting a Alolan Sandslash would still be a possibility and to make this clear I'm not saying that Ash is going to get a Alolan Sandshrew I'm saying that it's possible that Ash could find a wild Alolan Sandslash and catch it.

Alright I did misunderstand but still that would be like let’s Serena bonding with a Noibat and then another episode Noivern appears and Ash captures the wild Noivern it’s still the same Pokémon line but different evolutions, which I still don’t see it happening even though it still could

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That's not the only choice Ash has for an 6th Alolan Pokemon.
Never said it was. Just said it was the choice I'd prefer over the 2 options people were speculating.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Wow way to completely misunderstand what I'm saying, okay let me be clear here, yes Lillie is bonding with a Alolan Sandshrew in episode 80 which is focus on them however there is no confirmation yet that Alolan Sandslash is going to debut in episode 80, what I'm saying if Lillie does not capture the Alolan Sandshrew, and/or the Alolan Sandshrew doesn't evolve in episode 80 or is hinted in episode 80 to return in a later episode then that wouldn't rule out Ash getting a Alolan Sandslash.

I'm not saying that oh there is going to make another episode focus on a different Alolan Sandshrew, but if the Alolan Sandshrew is a pokemon of the day in episode 80 and it doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash then there is no reason why a wild Alolan Sandslash could debut in a future episode and bond with and get caught by Ash. Because if the Alolan Sandshrew that is appearing in episode 80 is a pokemon of the day that's not going to evolve into Alolan Sandslash then it doesn't matter if Lillie bonds with it or not because that doesn't prevent Ash from getting a Alolan Sandslash because the pokemon Lillie bond with was a Alolan Sandshrew and not a Alolan Sandslash.

Of course if Lillie does catch Alolan Sandshrew or it evolves into Alolan Sandslash or it's hinted that Lillie will wind up seeing it again in a future episode then of course that would mean that Ash wouldn't get a Alolan Sandslash however if the Alolan Sandshrew is just a pokemon of the day and doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash then there is no reason why that would prevent Alolan Sandslash from getting a focus episode in the future where Ash could catch a Alolan Sandslash.

Also as for the cases of Dewpider and Morelull, in Dewpider's case it was specifically hinted at the end of it's episode that we are probably going to see it again in a future episode which could easily lead into it being caught by Lana, where as Morelull was just a pokemon of the day that evolved into a Shiinotic. Well have to see how episode 80 turns out while it's possible that Lillie will catch Alolan Sandshrew or that it will evolve during the episode into a Alolan Sandslash neither of those things are guaranteed to happen, and before you try to say that "oh well the Ice Stone is going to be in the episode so that means it has to be used on Alolan Sandshrew", while it's true that Alolan Sandshrew evolves via an Ice don't forget that it's not the only pokemon that evolves via an Ice Stone that is going to be present in the episode consider Lillie's Alolan Vulpix is going to be there and no matter how unlikely you think it is that Lillie's Alolan Vulpix would evolve during the episode, it's something that can't be ruled out.

So if when episode 80 airs if Lillie doesn't catch the Alolan Sandshrew and/or it doesn't evolve into a Alolan Sandslash and/or it's not hinted to return in a future episode then that would mean that Ash getting a Alolan Sandslash would still be a possibility and to make this clear I'm not saying that Ash is going to get a Alolan Sandshrew I'm saying that it's possible that Ash could find a wild Alolan Sandslash and catch it.

Whether or not Alolan Sandslash debuts in SM80 or if Lillie catches it or not doesn't really matter because that fact is SM80 would of been a perfect setup for Ash to catch an Alolan Sandshrew and evolve here or later episode rather then have some future episode where he catches an Alolan Sandslash.

ShadowForce720

Whether or not Alolan Sandslash debuts in SM80 or if Lillie catches it or not doesn't really matter because that fact is SM80 would of been a perfect setup for Ash to catch an Alolan Sandshrew and evolve here or later episode rather then have some future episode where he catches an Alolan Sandslash.

Whether or not you think that episode 80 would of have been the perfect setup for Ash to catch an Alolan Sandshrew and evolve it here or in a later episode doesn't really matter. Episode 80 is a Lillie focus episode and yes it does matter if Alolan Sandslash debuts here or if Lillie catch Alolan Sandshrew here, look if the Alolan Sandshrew that appears in episode 80 is just a pokemon of the day that bonds with Lillie but doesn't evolve then that doesn't prevent Ash from getting an Alolan Sandslash in a future episode because if you look at the pokemon Lillie is bonding with is a Alolan Sandshrew and not a Alolan Sandslash. You can try to say that oh but episode 80 could have been the perfect setup episode for Ash to get a Alolan Sandshrew and evolve into Alolan Sandslash all you want, but in the end it doesn't really matter if you say that would prefer Ash to get it in episode 80 rather then in a later episode, because in all reality that doesn't prevent or stop Ash from getting a Alolan Sandslash in a later episode.

You seem to keep getting hanged up over this idea where if you think that the episode would be the perfect setup for a character to get a certain pokemon even if the episode is not focus on that character and even if that pokemon doesn't even appear in the episode that it somehow means they can't get said pokemon in a later episode which isn't true. Look if the Alolan Sandshrew that appears and bonds with Lillie in episode 80 is just a pokemon of the day and doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash during the episode then there is no reason why Ash couldn't get a Alolan Sandslash in a future episode, especially since Alolan Sandshrew getting a focus episode doesn't stop Alolan Sandslash from getting a focus episode where it bonds with Ash and gets caught, sure that may seem weird to you but that wouldn't stop it up from happening if the writers choose to go down that route which is a possibility.

World Turtle

I don't think that he's getting that new Pokemon. It's most likely going to be a Mythical.

We won't know till they reveal it. While it being a mythical is possible the fact it is coming out with Pokemon Let's Go instead of with a movie like Zeraora for example makes me wonder. It could just be an early Gen 8 release. Or It could just be another Ultra Beast on the same level as Poipole. Like if he's considered a Starter, maybe this one will be the equivalent of the Early Bird/Mammal/Bug?

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Whether or not you think that episode 80 would of have been the perfect setup for Ash to catch an Alolan Sandshrew and evolve it here or in a later episode doesn't really matter. Episode 80 is a Lillie focus episode and yes it does matter if Alolan Sandslash debuts here or if Lillie catch Alolan Sandshrew here, look if the Alolan Sandshrew that appears in episode 80 is just a pokemon of the day that bonds with Lillie but doesn't evolve then that doesn't prevent Ash from getting an Alolan Sandslash in a future episode because if you look at the pokemon Lillie is bonding with is a Alolan Sandshrew and not a Alolan Sandslash. You can try to say that oh but episode 80 could have been the perfect setup episode for Ash to get a Alolan Sandshrew and evolve into Alolan Sandslash all you want, but in the end it doesn't really matter if you say that would prefer Ash to get it in episode 80 rather then in a later episode, because in all reality that doesn't prevent or stop Ash from getting a Alolan Sandslash in a later episode.

You seem to keep getting hanged up over this idea where if you think that the episode would be the perfect setup for a character to get a certain pokemon even if the episode is not focus on that character and even if that pokemon doesn't even appear in the episode that it somehow means they can't get said pokemon in a later episode which isn't true. Look if the Alolan Sandshrew that appears and bonds with Lillie in episode 80 is just a pokemon of the day and doesn't evolve into Alolan Sandslash during the episode then there is no reason why Ash couldn't get a Alolan Sandslash in a future episode, especially since Alolan Sandshrew getting a focus episode doesn't stop Alolan Sandslash from getting a focus episode where it bonds with Ash and gets caught, sure that may seem weird to you but that wouldn't stop it up from happening if the writers choose to go down that route which is a possibility.

I've been a fan for a long time and I've seen how typical capture episodes go based on my experience they don't have one main human character bond with one member of an evolutionary line only to later another main human character catch it's evolve form or whatever stage it's at. So I am not hanged up the perfect setup because I know how it plays out no matter what changes they do to the anime series.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash can still get a 6th Alolan Pokemon. They're not in any rush to end the Alola arc and there are quite a few candidates still left.

kickachu

Momentai!
Here is my prediction for Professor Kukui's Pokemon league team
1. Braviary-since he has one in the games one of his main pokemon
2. Incineroar- due to Ash having rowlet like you would in the sun and moon games He is his most powerful Pokemon and will lose to Ash's Incineroar if Torracat evolves
3. Mangezone- His game counterpart has one
4. SNorlax- One of his main Pokemon for defensive ideas
5. Alolan Golem- Since Lillie has Snowy and it may evolve or not but to give him variety
6. Miltank/Pinsir- Due to Ash having Lycanroc and also it has been a while since Miltank and Pinsir had any major focus from the main cast or rivals. Since Whitney used one against ash and one appeared in a healing episode but nothing much since. Pinsir - Since Samurai and Raymond from the original series, Mega evolution movie , Swamp episodes last series but want to see a rival use it.
Also have you guys noticed that in DP Barry used EMpoleon , Roserade, Staraptor , heracross four of his game counterpart's team if you choose chimchar but he ended with Skarmory and Hitmonlee by the sinnoh league and I think this might happen to Professor Kukui. what you guys think?

esquilo09

Ash can still get a 6th Alolan Pokemon. They're not in any rush to end the Alola arc and there are quite a few candidates still left.
The only candidate for Ash's sixth Pokémon is Jangmo-o. Although I want Ash to catch a Mudbray, it won't be possible because it debuted in a farm episode thus becoming Skiddo 2.0.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The only candidate for Ash's sixth Pokémon is Jangmo-o. Although I want Ash to catch a Mudbray, it won't be possible because it debuted in a farm episode thus becoming Skiddo 2.0.
Jangmo-o is not the only option. You guys and your ridiculous theories.

Master Pikachu 11

He can still catch the Mudbray line, Rimbombee, Alolan Golem and Jangmo-o line. I don’t think Alolan Sandslash will be an option and have to agree with i2i. That they won’t have Ash catch an evolved form of a evolutionary line that one main character has already bonded with. It doesn’t mean that it can’t happen I just don’t think it’s as likely. But I can agree with Shadowforce that they can have Ash catch another Kanto Pokémon to promote the new games. I still think the four above are the best options left for the last slot.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Jangmo-o is not the only option. You guys and your ridiculous theories.
Could you tell us of another plausible option left for Ash's 5th capture amongst 7th Gen Pokemon(including Alolon forms)?

And I'm not even buying even one bit of what @ShadowForce720 is saying. When one Pokemon previously has appeared in SM before + it has had a episode focusing on it and furthermore, in the first episode where it's having a focused episode on itself, it is not bonding with Ash, the chances of Ash's catching that species of Pokemon later on is very, very slim. Because that's the trend SM has followed so far. None of the Gen 7 Pokemon which has already debuted + had a focused episode on itself in SM, and in the focused episode it had, it hasn't bonded with Ash, has been caught by Ash so far. Litten was caught by Ash after it debuted and it had a focused episode on itself, but then again, it specifically bonded with Ash in its first focused episode. When a specific species of Pokemon has already had a focused episode and it didn't bond with Ash in that focused episode it had, it's extremely unlikely that Ash will catch the species of Pokemon. What is the likelihood of the Ash catching a Oranguru or Drampa at this point, 2 Pokemon which has debuted + had a focused episode + didn't bond with Ash in the focused episode?

Taking a look at Ash's Alolan captures:

Rowlet: Caught in its debut episode which was also a episode focusing on it.

Rockruff: Caught quite some time after it debuted, but it never had a focused episode prior to its capture episode, more importantly it always showed some sort of a connection towards Ash.

Litten: Wasn't caught in its debut, and its first focused episode, but in its first focused episode it bonded explicitly with Ash, indicating that it'd be caught in the future.

Poipole: Wasn't caught in its debut, but was caught in its first focused episode(SM61 doesn't count as its focused epiode, it did very little noteworthy in that episode).

So as we can see, Pokemon that has debuted + has had a focused episode on itself + did not bond with Ash in its focused episode: hasn't been caught by Ash even once so far in SM.

Likewise, Alolan Sandshrew is getting its first focused episode in SM80 where it's known to be bonding with Lillie and not Ash. So Ash catching an Alolan Sandshrew at this point is very, very unlikely.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Could you tell us of another plausible option left for Ash's 5th capture amongst 7th Gen Pokemon(including Alolon forms)?

And I'm not even buying even one bit of what @ShadowForce720 is saying. When one Pokemon previously has appeared in SM before + it has had a episode focusing on it and furthermore, in the first episode where it's having a focused episode on itself, it is not bonding with Ash, the chances of Ash's catching that species of Pokemon later on is very, very slim. Because that's the trend SM has followed so far. None of the Gen 7 Pokemon which has already debuted + had a focused episode on itself in SM, and in the focused episode it had, it hasn't bonded with Ash, has been caught by Ash so far. Litten was caught by Ash after it debuted and it had a focused episode on itself, but then again, it specifically bonded with Ash in its first focused episode. When a specific species of Pokemon has already had a focused episode and it didn't bond with Ash in that focused episode it had, it's extremely unlikely that Ash will catch the species of Pokemon. What is the likelihood of the Ash catching a Oranguru or Drampa at this point, 2 Pokemon which has debuted + had a focused episode + didn't bond with Ash in the focused episode?

Taking a look at Ash's Alolan captures:

Rowlet: Caught in its debut episode which was also a episode focusing on it.

Rockruff: Caught quite some time after it debuted, but it never had a focused episode prior to its capture episode, more importantly it always showed some sort of a connection towards Ash.

Litten: Wasn't caught in its debut, and its first focused episode, but in its first focused episode it bonded explicitly with Ash, indicating that it'd be caught in the future.

Poipole: Wasn't caught in its debut, but was caught in its first focused episode(SM61 doesn't count as its focused epiode, it did very little noteworthy in that episode).

So as we can see, Pokemon that has debuted + has had a focused episode on itself + did not bond with Ash in its focused episode: hasn't been caught by Ash even once so far in SM.

Likewise, Alolan Sandshrew is getting its first focused episode in SM80 where it's known to be bonding with Lillie and not Ash. So Ash catching an Alolan Sandshrew at this point is very, very unlikely.
Like @Master Pikachu 11 said, Cutiefly, Mudbray, Alolan Geodude, and Jangmo-o are all options.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I doubt he would catch an Alolan Geodude, the writers want Pikachu to be his only Electric type.
You never know. This is just a theory. It has never been confirmed by any writers, and they can easily break it. The era of predictability is over, my friend.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Like @Master Pikachu 11 said, Cutiefly, Mudbray, Alolan Geodude, and Jangmo-o are all options.
Hmm, though neither amongst Cutiefly and Mudbray have had a focused episode so far, both of them have appeared too many times randomly without Ash catching one so far. Since both Cutiefly and Mudbray have appeared so many times thus far in the SM anime, I think Cutiefly and Mudbray are pretty much out of contention at this point.

As for Alolan Geodude, Ash tried and failed to catch one so I highly doubt that he's getting one.

Jangmo-o is the only one I believe which is a realistic option for Ash at this point, and if you look at my previous post I actually asked you what other options does Ash have other than Jangmo-o.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I can see Ash getting Alolan Exeggutor just to mess with people's predictions, it's something not a lot of people anticipate while it hasn't really had a focus episode yet. Episode 20 came the closest and that was just as much about Ash and Pikachu's journey and about Wimpod as it was about Exeggutor. And there is a lot of comedic potential with Exeggutor. To be fair, I'd totally be down for Ash getting Alolan Exeggutor.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Hmm, though neither amongst Cutiefly and Mudbray have had a focused episode so far, both of them have appeared too many times randomly without Ash catching one so far. Since both Cutiefly and Mudbray have appeared so many times thus far in the SM anime, I think Cutiefly and Mudbray are out of contention at this point.

As for Alolan Geodude, Ash tried and failed to catch one so I highly doubt that he's getting one.

Jangmo-o is the only one I believe which is a realistic option for Ash at this point, and if you look at my previous post I actually asked you what other options does Ash have other than Jangmo-o.
You guys and your ridiculous fan theories. Just because a Pokemon has been featured before without a capture doesn't mean that they can't be caught.
I can see Ash getting Alolan Exeggutor just to mess with people's predictions, it's something not a lot of people anticipate while it hasn't really had a focus episode yet. Episode 20 came the closest and that was just as much about Ash and Pikachu's journey and about Wimpod as it was about Exeggutor. And there is a lot of comedic potential with Exeggutor.
It's too big.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You guys and your ridiculous fan theories. Just because a Pokemon has been featured before without a capture doesn't mean that they can't be caught.
Not really a ridiculous fan theory. Cutiefly and Mudbray has appeared in the anime too many times so far in the anime without a capture. Can you name a Pokemon of Ash which featured in the anime plenty of times before being captured?

Also, FYI: Kiawe has multiple Mudbrays in his farm, plus Ash himself battled and defeated a random dude's Mudbray with his Rockruff. Still think Mudbray is a plausible option?

Status
Not open for further replies.