• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
They can work around that, I don't see its size as something that'd necessarily stop him from getting it.
Yes it would. Can you name another Pokemon of Ash that big in size?

Plus Alolan Exeggutor has been randomly featured so many times in the SM anime, Ash even got his butt kicked by an Alolan Exeggutor in SM68. Also, Ash's school in Melemele has an Alolan Exeggutor that randomly roams around the school so many times, which more or less makes it extremely unlikely for Ash to catch one.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not really a ridiculous fan theory. Cutiefly and Mudbray has appeared in the anime too many times so far in the anime without a capture. Can you name a Pokemon of Ash which featured in the anime plenty of times before being captured?

Also, FYI: Kiawe has multiple Mudbrays in his farm, plus Ash himself battled and defeated a random dude's Mudbray with his Rockruff. Still think Mudbray is a plausible option?
Well, it is, if you're deliberately ruling out Pokemon for arbitrary reasons. Cutiefly and Mudbray are still valid options.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, it is, if you're deliberately ruling out Pokemon for arbitrary reasons. Cutiefly and Mudbray are still valid options.
It's not really arbitary reasons, because a particular species of Pokemon featuring randomly plenty of times without a capture aren't usually caught by Ash.

Also you didn't answer my question in my previous post, that is: how many times, a Pokemon which has already been featured plenty of times before without a capture(like Cutiefly and Mudbray has been so far) has been caught by Ash so far? Can you provide a reasonable number of examples?

And Kiawe is a main character after all, which is an issue. He has multiple Mudbrays in his farm which he often takes care off, which does make Mudbray an unlikely option for Ash. Plus Ash himself has battled against a Mudbray in the anime belonging to another trainer as well, which is another issue.

esquilo09

They can work around that, I don't see its size as something that'd necessarily stop him from getting it.
It won't be possible, even if Ash catches an Alolan Exeggutor it won't have much screen time due to its large size thus not showing much of a personality. Ex: Brock's Onix didn't get much screen time due to its gigantic size.

andrewscott48209

Yes it would. Can you name another Pokemon of Ash that big in size?

Plus Alolan Exeggutor has been randomly featured so many times in the SM anime, Ash even got his butt kicked by an Alolan Exeggutor in SM66. Also, Ash's school in Melemele has an Alolan Exeggutor that randomly roams around the school so many times, which more or less makes it extremely unlikely for Ash to catch one.

Wasn't it in SM68 that Ash got his butt kicked? SM66 was the ping pong episode.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Plus Ash himself has battled against a Mudbray in the anime belonging to another trainer as well, which is another issue.
It would be an issue if that character was a recurring rival, but he's just a one-time guest character, like a COTD. COTDs don't stop Ash from catching Pokemon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Wasn't it in SM68 that Ash got his butt kicked? SM66 was the ping pong episode.
Yeah you're right. My bad. :p

It would be an issue if that character was a recurring rival, but he's just a one-time guest character, like a COTD. COTDs don't stop Ash from catching Pokemon.
Even if Ash battled against that particular COTD's Pokemon? IMO that at least makes it somewhat unlikely.

Plus you also didn't answer my other points about Kiawe, a main character having multiple Mudbray in his farm, Cutiefly and Mudbray being featured plenty of times before, etc.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
And Kiawe is a main character after all, which is an issue. He has multiple Mudbrays in his farm which he often takes care off, which does make Mudbray an unlikely option for Ash. Plus Ash himself has battled against a Mudbray in the anime belonging to another trainer as well, which is another issue.
Ash battled a Mudbray. He did not battle a Mudsdale. So far, we only have only seen one Mudsdale, the one Ash and Acerola rode to travel to the Ruins of Abundance, and Ash did not bond with it. Maybe Mudbray is off the table for Ash, due to Kiawe having so many at his family farm, but that does not mean Mudsdale is off the table. I will only eliminate Mudsdale as a potential capture for Ash if Hapu and her Mudsdale get a lot of focus.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash battled a Mudbray. He did not battle a Mudsdale. So far, we only have only seen one Mudsdale, the one Ash and Acerola rode to travel to the Ruins of Abundance, and Ash did not bond with it. Maybe Mudbray is off the table for Ash, due to Kiawe having so many at his family farm, but that does not mean Mudsdale is off the table. I will only eliminate Mudsdale as a potential capture for Ash if Hapu and her Mudsdale get a lot of focus.
How often does Ash captures a Pokemon already in its fully evolved state though? I can only recall Noctowl. And somewhat Pidgeotto who was captured in its mid evolved but not fully evolved state.

DatsRight

Cutiefly thus far has only made cameos, I don't think it's even been shown using an attack. Ribombee is only a step above that.

Also remember that Pancham and Sylveon were limelighted several times over in XY before Serena caught one.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

True it's size alone wouldn't prevent it from being an option but Alolan Exeggutor also has an unique body structure along with it's size which disqualified it as an option for Ash.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Cutiefly thus far has only made cameos, I don't think it's even been shown using an attack. Ribombee is only a step above that.

I agree with Sylveon, it did make several important appearances before Serena caught Eevee and evolved it into Sylveon. Maybe because Sylveon was a really popular Eeveelution.

Not so much for Pancham though. It only appeared in 2 episodes(albeit in important roles) before Serena caught one.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not really a ridiculous fan theory. Cutiefly and Mudbray has appeared in the anime too many times so far in the anime without a capture. Can you name a Pokemon of Ash which featured in the anime plenty of times before being captured?

Also, FYI: Kiawe has multiple Mudbrays in his farm, plus Ash himself battled and defeated a random dude's Mudbray with his Rockruff. Still think Mudbray is a plausible option?
I agree with this. It's not a theory. It's just a deduction of what seems likely to go on his team. While Jangmo-o isn't the only option, it seems like one of the, if not the most likely, imo

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I agree with this. It's not a theory. It's just a deduction of what seems likely to go on his team. While Jangmo-o isn't the only option, it seems like one of the, if not the most likely, imo
True, at this point other than Jangmo-o I find it hard to see a plausible candidate for Ash's 5th capture. I hope if it does catch one, it at the very least evolves mid-way into Hakamo-o and doesn't get the Gible treatment who barely got to do anything prior to the League and was primarily a gag Pokemon of hitting Piplup with Draco Meteor.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't want Ash to catch Jangmo-o. It would be too similar to other Pokemon that Ash has caught before and it won't be able to stand out.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Jangmo-o's line is the only one I find interesting in the options left. Ribombee fits Ash just as much being a speedy Pokémon in the (mostly) slow Alola roster and I love Ribombee, but I'm not for it as his last capture. Mudsdale looks dull and I don't see how they could make it interesting. I don't see Alolem's line going to Ash, but to Sophocles or as a POTD/COTD's mon. However, I'd take any of those over a Gen 1 Pokemon, no matter if its returning or not.

DatsRight

Ribombee would be different, but I see it fitting another character like Mallow or James more, since it's signature abilities are more for practical/support use (not to say it isn't powerful, but it wouldn't be as uniquely conveyed through Ash's battle style).

Master Pikachu 11

Hmm, though neither amongst Cutiefly and Mudbray have had a focused episode so far, both of them have appeared too many times randomly without Ash catching one so far. Since both Cutiefly and Mudbray have appeared so many times thus far in the SM anime, I think Cutiefly and Mudbray are pretty much out of contention at this point.

As for Alolan Geodude, Ash tried and failed to catch one so I highly doubt that he's getting one.

Jangmo-o is the only one I believe which is a realistic option for Ash at this point, and if you look at my previous post I actually asked you what other options does Ash have other than Jangmo-o.

In regards to Mudbray line, this maybe true but that is why I said he could capture it as a Mudsdale since Mudsdale has only had one appeareance and Ash has captured a fully evolved Pokémon before in Muk and Noctowl. He also caught Palpatoad in its second stage instead of its first.

For Alolan Geodude, yes he failed to capture it but like I said with Mudsdale, that’s why I said he could capture it as a Golem since it has yet to make an appearance.

Jangmo-o line I agree that this could be his best capture of the four that I mentioned due to the fact that he did not interact with nor seen a single member of that line for the past two episodes and it felt like they did it on purpose. I think him having a Hakamo-o or even Kommo-o would work really well with Ash due to the fact that fighting type Pokémon do really well under Ash and I also want to see a Dragon done properly right this time. But still the other three Pokémon that I mentioned still a have chance to be caught regardless of type that they have.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
In regards to Mudbray line, this maybe true but that is why I said he could capture it as a Mudsdale since Mudsdale has only had one appeareance and Ash has captured a fully evolved Pokémon before in Muk and Noctowl. He also caught Palpatoad in its second stage instead of its first.

For Alolan Geodude, yes he failed to capture it but like I said with Mudsdale, that’s why I said he could capture it as a Golem since it has yet to make an appearance.

Jangmo-o line I agree that this could be his best capture of the four that I mentioned due to the fact that he did not interact with nor seen a single member of that line for the past two episodes and it felt like they did it on purpose. I think him having a Hakamo-o or even Kommo-o would work really well with Ash due to the fact that fighting type Pokémon do really well under Ash and I also want to see a Dragon done properly right this time. But still the other three Pokémon that I mentioned still a have chance to be caught regardless of type that they have.
You mean as a Graveler.
Ribombee would be different, but I see it fitting another character like Mallow or James more, since it's signature abilities are more for practical/support use (not to say it isn't powerful, but it wouldn't be as uniquely conveyed through Ash's battle style).
I don't think that either of those characters are getting any more Pokemon at this point.

Master Pikachu 11

You mean as a Graveler.

I don't think that either of those characters are getting any more Pokemon at this point.

No I do mean as a Golem, even though he could catch it has a Graveler but then he would have to trade it in order for it to evolve as a Golem but if a wild Golem appears then I would just catch it as a Golem and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.