• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

We can start by removing types of Pokémon for crystals that Ash didn't get.
1. We can rule out fighting types because the Fightnium Z was swapped. that means we can rule out the Crabrawleer line, the Stufful line, Passimian (if it were primary normal, then it might have had a chance), Marshadow, and the Jangmo-o line (as a fighting type).

2. We can rule out water types because Ash didn't get a Waterium Z crystal, that means we can rule out the Popplio line, Wishiwashi, the Mereanie line, the Dewpider line, the Wimpod line (as a water type), Pyukumuku, Bruxish, and Tapu Fini.
3. We can rule out the rest of the fire types because Ash didn't get a Firium Z crystal, that means we can rule out the Salandit line (as a fire type), Turtonator, Oricorio as a fire type, possibly altogether), and Blacephalon.
4. We can rule out ghost types (other than a possible Decidueye) because Ash didn't receive a ghostium Z crystal after taking what is basically the Ghst trial, this means we can rule out the Sandygast line, Mimikyu (for obvious reasons), Dhelmise, Lunala (as a ghost type, possibly altogether), Marshadow (again), and Blacephalon (again).
5. We can rule out dark types (other than a possible Incineroar) because the dark type Z Crystal was swapped, though Incineroar is the only dark type that is not an Ultra Beast.

We can also remove lines of pokémon that other characters already have, or for other reasons.
1. We can rule out all other Ultra Beasts, except Poipole, so no Nihlego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana,, Guzzlord, Stakataka, and Blacephalon.

2. We can rule out the major legendaries, so no Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma.
3. We can rule out the Piikipek line, because it's too late for Ash to get it (Ash usually catches the regional bird first, or second).
4. We can rule out the popplio line because Lana has Popplio.
5. We can rule out the Grubbin line because Sophecles has Chargabug.
6. We can rule out the Bounsweet line because Mallow has Stenee.
7. We can rule out Togedamaru because Sophecles has her.
8. We can rule out the Mareanie line because James has Mareanie.
9. We can rule out Mimikyu because Jessie has Mimikyu.
10. We can rule out the Stufful line because Bewear is with Team Rocket.
11. We can rule out Kamala because Principal Oak has Kamala.
12. We can rule out the Yungoos line because Officer Jenny of Melemele Island has Gumshoos.
13. We can rule out Orangaru because the only one we see works at a bar and had a focus episode.
14. Though Lurantis was a totem, it had focus, so that line's out.
15. We can rule out the Morelul line because that line had a focus episode.
16. Confey works at the Pokémon center, so that's out.
17. We can rule out Silvally because Gladion has Silvally.
18. No one can catch Minior because they die out once they lose their shell, so that's out.
19. We can rule out Drampa because Drampa had a focus episode.
20. We might rule out the island guardians because they protect the islands they're on (though I think Ash may (and I mean may) temporarily catch Tapu Koko).
21. We can rule out Zeraora because it will receive focus in a movie.

So after ruling out several lines and Pokémon, we are left with:
1. The Wimpod line (as a bug type).
2. The Mudbray line.
3. The Jangmo-o line (as a dragon type).

Alolan Ratatta line and Alolan Grimer line are crying in a corner.

I think we can rule out Wimpod as well, since i don't see Ash getting Buginium Z and Ash already has a Pokemon that acts like a baby in Poipole (I think they will depict Wimpod the same, since thats the whole gimmick around it)

World Turtle

Has this ever gotten any follow up:
1512095008702.jpg

The dice has six sides so it should have Ash's full team on it (unless they placed Rotom instead).

andrewscott48209

Alolan Ratatta line and Alolan Grimer line are crying in a corner.

I think we can rule out Wimpod as well, since i don't see Ash getting Buginium Z and Ash already has a Pokemon that acts like a baby in Poipole (I think they will depict Wimpod the same, since thats the whole gimmick around it)

1. The Alolan Ratatta line already had two focus episodes, so I don't think Ash will catch it.
2. Ash already has a Muk, so that's out.

I'll give you Wimpod, so that would leave us with the Mudbray line And the Jangmo-o line.

DatsRight

The dice has six sides so it should have Ash's full team on it (unless they placed Rotom instead).

There should be an extra Pokemon on TR's dice as well (regardless as to whether Bewear is honorary or not).

EDIT: Wait, are those six dice, or just three showing all sides?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Fair enough, although my main concern regarding Satoshi catching a second Electric-type during SM is the high probability of it being overshadowed by Pikachu.
Oh, definitely. And if it's Alola Geodude, the Rock typing is already going to be overshadowed with Lycanroc

ShadowForce720

There should be an extra Pokemon on TR's dice as well (regardless as to whether Bewear is honorary or not).

EDIT: Wait, are those six dice, or just three showing all sides?

No, those are six dice because if you take a close look at the numbers of each side you will notice they have a different pokemon for the same number here is how it breaks down:

1st dice(features Ash's Alolan Team): Pikachu(1), Dusk Lycanroc(2), Poipole(6)
2nd dice(features Galdion's Team): Midnight Lycanroc(3), Sivally(1), Umbreon(4)
3rd dice(features forms of Necrozma and presumably other pokemon associated with Necrozma): Base Form Necrozma(5), Dawn Wings Necrozma(1), Dusk Mane Necrozma(3)
4th dice (features pokemon that either belong to are associated with Team Rocket Trio): Mimikyu(2), Bewear(4), Meowth(3)
5th dice (features Totem Pokemon): Lurantis(5), Kommo-o(1), Salazzle(3)
6th dice (features Ultra Beast): Celesteela(5), Buzzwole(3), Xurkitree(2)

and these are the missing numbers for each dice:
1st dice: 3,4,5
2nd dice: 2,5,6
3rd dice: 2,4,6
4th dice: 1,5,6
5th dice: 2,4,6
6th dice: 1,4,6

and now here is some guesses about what could be on the missing sides for each dice:

1st dice: Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye, Torracat/Incineroar, Ash's 5th capture(which is still a mystery at this point.)
2nd dice: still a mystery as to what Gladion's last 3 pokemon will be.
3rd dice: Ultra Necrozma, maybe Solgaleo, maybe Lunala
4th dice: Mareanie/Toxapex, Wobbuffet, not sure what the last one would be maybe a new capture.
5th dice(any three of the following pokemon): Rimbombee, Wishiwashi, Alolan Raticate, Gumshoos, Vikavolt, Togedemaru, Mimikyu(seems unlikely given it's already on a different dice), Alolan Marowak, Araquanid
6th dice (any three of the following pokemon): Nihilego, Pheromosa, Kartanna, Guzzlord, Blacephalon, Stakataka

Last edited:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
So after ruling out several lines and Pokémon, we are left with:
1. The Wimpod line (as a bug type).
2. The Mudbray line.
3. The Jangmo-o line (as a dragon type).

Not exactly the method I used to reach those ends but it's about the same conclusion I've come to. And admittedly I'd personally rule out the Mudbray line since it's probable that Hapu will be using Mudsdale, but it's certainly not out of the question that they could change up her ace, in which case I'd think Mudbray/Mudsdale could be more possible for Ash. If Guzma doesn't show up I could definitely see Ash with a fast-evolving Wimpod. But if Guzma does turn up with Golisopod, then I'm not really sure what to place my bets on. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Ash DIDN'T get a sixth Pokemon, but hopefully it won't come to that.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
any news about when the dices will be released?

D

Deleted member 384931

When we will get new episode titles or a summary? And idk but I have a feeling this will be his Alolan team. A new catch feels strange after more then 60 episode without a catch. It is already 13 ep ago since we saw team Skull, they arent that active.

ShadowForce720

When we will get new episode titles or a summary? And idk but I have a feeling this will be his Alolan team. A new catch feels strange after more then 60 episode without a catch. It is already 13 ep ago since we saw team Skull, they arent that active.

Ash is the main character of the show, so it's pretty likely that he will get a 5th capture, as there is still plenty of time left heck back during Advance generation Ash didn't get his capture 5th capture until episode 108 even though the whole Hoenn league started up about episode 125 or 126. plus what are you talking about more then 60 episodes without a new catch ,he just caught Poipole in episode 67 which was only about 13 episodes ago and yes whether you like it or not Poipole is a official member of Ash's Alolan Team.

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash is the main character of the show, so it's pretty likely that he will get a 5th capture, as there is still plenty of time left heck back during Advance generation Ash didn't get his capture 5th capture until episode 108 even though the whole Hoenn league started up about episode 125 or 126. plus what are you talking about more then 60 episodes without a new catch ,he just caught Poipole in episode 67 which was only about 13 episodes ago and yes whether you like it or not Poipole is a official member of Ash's Alolan Team.
Sorry if I offended you, but I dont really know why you are so worked up. I dont count Poipole because he will release it anyway when they find the right Ultra Hole.

ShadowForce720

Sorry if I offended you, but I dont really know why you are so worked up. I dont count Poipole because he will release it anyway when they find the right Ultra Hole.

It doesn't matter if you don't count it because of it's being released that doesn't make it any less official member of Ash's Alolan team so the statement Ash has gone more then 60 episodes without a capture is still wrong, no matter how you try to slice it, since it's likely that Poipole will most likely be around for the league so it is a official member of Ash's Alolan Team because if you really look at it if it wasn't then Ash wouldn't have had to catch it as they could have it just follow him around without being assigned to a type of poke ball instead.

sure you personally might not count it as a official member of Ash's Alolan Team but that doesn't change the point that it is still a official member of Ash's Alolan team.

D

Deleted member 384931

It doesn't matter if you don't count it because of it's being released that doesn't make it any less official member of Ash's Alolan team so the statement Ash has gone more then 60 episodes without a capture is still wrong, no matter how you try to slice it, since it's likely that Poipole will most likely be around for the league so it is a official member of Ash's Alolan Team because if you really look at it if it wasn't then Ash wouldn't have had to catch it as they could have it just follow him around without being assigned to a type of poke ball instead.

sure you personally might not count it as a official member of Ash's Alolan Team but that doesn't change the point that it is still a official member of Ash's Alolan team.
Ok we get your point

andrewscott48209

Not exactly the method I used to reach those ends but it's about the same conclusion I've come to. And admittedly I'd personally rule out the Mudbray line since it's probable that Hapu will be using Mudsdale, but it's certainly not out of the question that they could change up her ace, in which case I'd think Mudbray/Mudsdale could be more possible for Ash. If Guzma doesn't show up I could definitely see Ash with a fast-evolving Wimpod. But if Guzma does turn up with Golisopod, then I'm not really sure what to place my bets on. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Ash DIDN'T get a sixth Pokemon, but hopefully it won't come to that.

If it comes down to Ash not catching these lines, and thus not getting a fifth catch, then we need to think of all the possibilities that the writers might use:

1. Ash gets to the league, realizes that he only has five Pokémon, and decides to use his reserves that are at Professor Oak's lab.
2. Ash gets to the league, realizes that he only has five Pokémon, and rushes out to quickly capture another Pokémon, thus that Pokémon becomes a wild card entry.
3. Ash gets to the league, realizes that he only has five Pokémon, and uses Rotom, bringing a washer, a fan, a refrigerator, and a lawn mower for Rotom to possess during the league, making episode 57 an epic foreshadowing.
4. Ash gets to the league, realizes that he only has five Pokémon, and while he's thinking about what to do, an old friend shows up: Greninja.
5. Ash, after saving the Alola region, gets to the same point as 1-4, and Tapu Koko offers to assist Ash in the league, becoming his sixth pokémon temporarily.
6. Ash, after saving Nebby from Necrozma, gets to the same point as 1-4, and Nebby offers to assist Ash in the league, becoming his sixth pokémon temporarily.
7. Before Ash gets to the beginning of the league, it gets revealed that there is a looming threat to Alola; and to prepare for the threat, Tapu Koko has Ash catch it; the league comes before the threat to Alola, and Ash secures Tapu Koko's assistance through the league; and at the end of the league, or after the league, the threat turns into a crisis in which Ash and his friends with Tapu Koko's help, takes out the threat to Alola and saves the day.

I figured that I should leave all these possibilities on the table, no matter how unlikely the possibilities. Because if Ash doesn't catch his sixth member, something will have to give. Possibilities 5 and 6 assumes that the crisis in Alola happens, and Ash and his friends will have already saved the Alola region. In these possibilities, I am also assuming that either they haven't found Poipole's/Naganadel's ultra hole, or Poipole/Naganadel doesn't want to leave Ash yet.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
1. We can rule out fighting types because the Fightnium Z was swapped. that means we can rule out the Crabrawleer line, the Stufful line, Passimian (if it were primary normal, then it might have had a chance), Marshadow, and the Jangmo-o line (as a fighting type).

I wouldn't rule Marshadow with the exception of the Jangmo-o line it has an exclusive Z-crystal that Ash can option plus a diverse move list that can take advantage of the remaining Z-crystals.

I don't see any reason at the moment they'll change Hapu's ace like they did with the other Kahunas. Also they could have that one Wimpod Ash brefriend before come back as a Golisopod.

I figured that I should leave all these possibilities on the table, no matter how unlikely the possibilities. Because if Ash doesn't catch his sixth member, something will have to give. Possibilities 5 and 6 assumes that the crisis in Alola happens, and Ash and his friends will have already saved the Alola region. In these possibilities, I am also assuming that either they haven't found Poipole's/Naganadel's ultra hole, or Poipole/Naganadel doesn't want to leave Ash yet.

I'm assuming that Poipole/Naganadel will leave after the league base on past similar scenarios.

andrewscott48209

I wouldn't rule Marshadow with the exception of the Jangmo-o line it has an exclusive Z-crystal that Ash can option plus a diverse move list that can take advantage of the remaining Z-crystals.

I would rule out Marshadow, on the count of Marshadow being Fighting and Ghost, two types that Ash never got a crystal for. The writers seem to be limiting the crystals to the ones that he'll actually use. If Ash catches the Jangmo-O line, it will be for the Dragonium Z crystal, or the Kommonium Z crystal, if Ash could get it to evolve in time. I'm not too certain about the Golisopod line. If Guzma's in the anime, that would rule out Golisopod for Ash. Ash would not usually catch an Evil Team leader's Ace, let alone any of their other pokémon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, I don't think Ash is getting an Alola form. Sandslash was the only one I thought possible. They don't like showing off Dark moves on Ash's Pokemon, so why bother giving him a second Muk?
And Golem, I always felt it was made for Soph. Shame Brock's Geodude was still a Geodude because them trading Graveler's for one episode would have been a neat concept.

As for Jangmo-o line, I see it remaining a Hakommo-o. Hakommo-o suits him more, and unless they actually give him a focus arc.... him evolving into Kommo-o would be as weak as Goodra and Noivern's evolutions where they didn't do much to deserve those. Besides, Ash doesn't own a middle stage Dragon. Gible's unevolved and Noivern/Goodra are fully evolved. It's not like the starters where he has more first and middle staged starters than fully evolved ones..... Ash doesn't need a fully evolved Dragon for it to be good, I just want a Dragon type done right for once.

nickdt

Those dice have floated at the surface earlier on (Previous year), but we thought they meant nothing because of Alolan Salazzle on the Totem one. But they do mean something, as shown by Poipole, but that means Ash is not getting a member of the Jangmo-o line either.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But, with that, Ash's only choices for a 6th capture are Cutiefly and Mudbray.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But, with that, Ash's only choices for a 6th capture are Cutiefly and Mudbray.
Unless Hapu comes over with a Mudsdale. I personally don’t expect Mudbray to stay unevolved while being in Ash’s team.

Status
Not open for further replies.