• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Unless Hapu comes over with a Mudsdale. I personally don’t expect Mudbray to stay unevolved while being in Ash’s team.
A main character and a secondary (like Hapu) can share Pokemon. Hapu won't be around for very long.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
When we will get new episode titles or a summary? And idk but I have a feeling this will be his Alolan team. A new catch feels strange after more then 60 episode without a catch. It is already 13 ep ago since we saw team Skull, they arent that active.
Even though Poipole is only a temporary member of Ash's team, it still technically counts as a capture, since it's available for Ash to use in battle, if he ever so chooses.

Regardless, even though Ash hasn't caught a permanent team member in over 60 episodes, that doesn't mean he won't catch a full team. IMHO, it will be weirder for Ash not to catch a full team of Pokémon by the end of the series. When has Ash ever ended a series without a full team of six Pokémon? That Team Skull isn't very active is irrelevant to whether or not Ash catches a full team.

Yeah, I don't think Ash is getting an Alola form. Sandslash was the only one I thought possible. They don't like showing off Dark moves on Ash's Pokemon, so why bother giving him a second Muk?
And Golem, I always felt it was made for Soph. Shame Brock's Geodude was still a Geodude because them trading Graveler's for one episode would have been a neat concept.
Even though Alolan Golem would suit Sophocles, I don't want to see either or Kiawe catch another Pokémon until the girls have caught more Pokémon or their current Pokémon have evolved. It doesn't sit well with me that the boys are getting treated better than the girls when it comes to team sizes. (Ash is the exception, obviously, since he is the protagonist.)

As for Jangmo-o line, I see it remaining a Hakommo-o. Hakommo-o suits him more, and unless they actually give him a focus arc.... him evolving into Kommo-o would be as weak as Goodra and Noivern's evolutions where they didn't do much to deserve those. Besides, Ash doesn't own a middle stage Dragon. Gible's unevolved and Noivern/Goodra are fully evolved. It's not like the starters where he has more first and middle staged starters than fully evolved ones..... Ash doesn't need a fully evolved Dragon for it to be good, I just want a Dragon type done right for once.
If Ash catches the Jangmo-o line (and I would like to see him catch one), then I can see it fully evolving into Kommo-o so the writers can show off Clangorous Soulblaze. IMHO, all of the Z-Moves will be shown off at one point or another, including the Pokémon-exclusive Z-Moves. (I know you have predicted that Ryuki will show up and be the one to show off Kommo-o, but right now, there has been no indication that he will appear in the anime, so I'm not going to make that assumption. It would be different if he played a larger role in the games or if he were related to one of the main characters, like Molayne is, but neither of those is the case.)

kickachu

Momentai!
I was thinking even though luismane said ash could keep poipole until its wormhole was found she might change her mind about poipole staying in the world of pokemon and learn that not all ultra beast are a threat. Also poipole can make the choice to stay I can imagine the fun times traveling with ash

nickdt

Unless Hapu comes over with a Mudsdale. I personally don’t expect Mudbray to stay unevolved while being in Ash’s team.

Its about time Ash gets his second shiny too join Noctowl (Shiny Mudsdale looks beautiful imo, although it can be because i am a bit biased because it was my first shiny in Alola).

And even then: Hapu is a secondary character. If Ash can share a Pokemon with another secondary: The Masked Royal, then he also can with Hapu.

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah, I don't think Ash is getting an Alola form. Sandslash was the only one I thought possible. They don't like showing off Dark moves on Ash's Pokemon, so why bother giving him a second Muk?
And Golem, I always felt it was made for Soph. Shame Brock's Geodude was still a Geodude because them trading Graveler's for one episode would have been a neat concept.

As for Jangmo-o line, I see it remaining a Hakommo-o. Hakommo-o suits him more, and unless they actually give him a focus arc.... him evolving into Kommo-o would be as weak as Goodra and Noivern's evolutions where they didn't do much to deserve those. Besides, Ash doesn't own a middle stage Dragon. Gible's unevolved and Noivern/Goodra are fully evolved. It's not like the starters where he has more first and middle staged starters than fully evolved ones..... Ash doesn't need a fully evolved Dragon for it to be good, I just want a Dragon type done right for once.

Not if he catches it as a Hakommo-o, then it can evolve and before you say that he won’t catch it as a mid stage Pokémon, I don’t have to remind you that he did catch Palpitoad as a mid stage Pokémon so it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

nickdt

Not if he catches it as a Hakommo-o, then it can evolve and before you say that he won’t catch it as a mid stage Pokémon, I don’t have to remind you that he did catch Palpitoad as a mid stage Pokémon so it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Don't forget Krookodile.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A main character and a secondary (like Hapu) can share Pokemon. Hapu won't be around for very long.
But Crabrawler/Crabominable has been eliminated due to Hala having one. And otherwise it won’t be a very significant Pokémon in Ash’s team because his other Pokémon are much more known than Mudbray.

nickdt

But Crabrawler/Crabominable has been eliminated due to Hala having one. And otherwise it won’t be a very significant Pokémon in Ash’s team because his other Pokémon are much more known than Mudbray.

Thats not the main reason: The main reason is because Fightinium Z got replaced with Electrium thus there is no reason for Ash to have a fighting type (Granted, Crabominable is part Ice, but Crabrawler is more popular anyways, so i doubt it would have evolved).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thats not the main reason: The main reason is because Fightinium Z got replaced with Electrium thus there is no reason for Ash to have a fighting type (Granted, Crabominable is part Ice, but Crabrawler is more popular anyways, so i doubt it would have evolved).
But that doesn't necessarily mean Ash won't get the Fightnium Z at a later time which could mean otherwise. But anyway I meant that Ash is less likely to get Crabrawler because of Hala having owned one before at some point in the series.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But that doesn't necessarily mean Ash won't get the Fightnium Z at a later time which could mean otherwise. But anyway I meant that Ash is less likely to get Crabrawler because of Hala having owned one before at some point in the series.
As many have said before, secondary characters (which includes rivals) don't appear frequently enough to rule out potential captures.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
As many have said before, secondary characters (which includes rivals) don't appear frequently enough to rule out potential captures.

it ain't just people appearing with em that rules it out.

Ash has come across other Crabrawler and made no effort to catch one, he didn't seem all that interested either, this also applies to cutiefly and rimbombee who he's run across as well and shown little to no interest in.

the more times we see something and Ash doesn't get it or show intrest in getting it, it would seem forced as heck if he suddenly did a 180 and caught it.

D

Deleted member 384931

They said that Sun and Moon would be inpredictable. So for the pokemons that Ash catches

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But then you still ruled out Crabrawler as a potential final capture for Ash and you said his only options were Cutiefly and Mudbray, which I personally think Cutiefly is more likely.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I will be honest with one thing, I do not want Ash to get Mudbray, because I know that it has High Horsepower, but let's face it, we all know how shortchanged the ground types get in this show, being unable to access their best moves(Heck i'm still not sure if we'll see Tectonic Rage more than once), and imo Rock and Ground are too similar to each other in terms of type, if Ash had not caught Rockruff, I would've gladly accepted Mudbray.

Another problem is, i'm not so sure Ash would be given a ride pokemon, basically something he can ride on, on a daily basis, I know Kiawe has Charizard, but he has a good reason, given he lives on Akala where as the rest of the class is on MeleMele and needs transport, also we all know he uses Turtonator and Marowak for battling purposes so much that his Charizard has never been used in official combat, and then there's the fact that while Ash has 30 Tauros (because I know someone's bound to bring this up) , he's never used them as permanent team members, or rode on them, they've always been reserves.

If Ash must capture a Alola pokemon for his last slot, then let it be Rimbombee(granted Ash has ran across both forms of this multiple times and hasn't shown interest in them, so i'm not sure) or Kommo-o, otherwise bring Greninja back(Let me remind anyone against this idea, Ash-Greninja wasn't obtainable in gen six, and personally i'm tired of Lycanroc getting all the attention), or have Ash get a regular Kanto pokemon to premote the spin-off's

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Even though Alolan Golem would suit Sophocles, I don't want to see either or Kiawe catch another Pokémon until the girls have caught more Pokémon or their current Pokémon have evolved. It doesn't sit well with me that the boys are getting treated better than the girls when it comes to team sizes. (Ash is the exception, obviously, since he is the protagonist.)

If Ash catches the Jangmo-o line (and I would like to see him catch one), then I can see it fully evolving into Kommo-o so the writers can show off Clangorous Soulblaze. IMHO, all of the Z-Moves will be shown off at one point or another, including the Pokémon-exclusive Z-Moves. (I know you have predicted that Ryuki will show up and be the one to show off Kommo-o, but right now, there has been no indication that he will appear in the anime, so I'm not going to make that assumption. It would be different if he played a larger role in the games or if he were related to one of the main characters, like Molayne is, but neither of those is the case.)

Well Soph ain't getting a crystal most likely, unlike Lana and Lillie. Soph owning three Pokemon is perfect compensation if you ask me. And Kiawe's excused cause he'll be fighting in the League. He'd be kicked out super early if he's going in with just Marowak and Turtonator.

As for Ryuki, until we get to the League it isn't too late for him. In the original games, you never meet him outside the League. It wasn't until Ultra he had Malie City Gym.... which doesn't look like it'll appear, would have been a perfect place for Ash to train while on Ula'Ula. Ryuki could still appear. It all depends what stage Ash finds it, I don't want a Jangmo-o -> Hakommo-o > Kommo-o in less than 10 episodes. If they let Ash catch Hakommo-o as is, then Kommo-o will be fine with me.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Being objective, everything is game by now (no pun intented) and the expectatives kinda cooled. There's only one Grand trial left and alola pokemon left to debut really doesn't matter. I didn't consider the mudbray line because, if they follow the game, Hapu take a liking on Lillie could give her the benefit of a mudsdale.

If anything else, they can always refer to the passimian family and have Ash invite one as a temporary member. Or Ash doing Mina's trial (IF he do) could involve catch the totem ribombee, who knows.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If anything else, they can always refer to the passimian family and have invite one as a temporary member.
Yeah, we've haven't seen Ash use a wild Pokémon in his team in a very long time and maybe the Passimian he bonded with can help him in the battle against Guzzlord if its wormhole is located close to their habitat.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah, we've haven't seen Ash use a wild Pokémon in his team in a very long time and maybe the Passimian he bonded with can help him in the battle against Guzzlord if its wormhole is located close to their habitat.
I don't think that Ash is catching Passimian. If he was catching one he would've done it in SM64.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think that Ash is catching Passimian. If he was catching one he would've done it in SM64.
I didn't say it was going to be caught this time and I said it is a Pokémon he may command at some point like Haunter from long ago.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I didn't say it was going to be caught this time and I said it is a Pokémon he may command at some point like Haunter from long ago.
I don't think that's happening.
But then you still ruled out Crabrawler as a potential final capture for Ash and you said his only options were Cutiefly and Mudbray, which I personally think Cutiefly is more likely.
Crabrawler is ruled out because Ash did not get Fightingium.

Status
Not open for further replies.