• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I wouldn't mind Ash with a Hakamo-o/Kommo-o, but I have to agree that if it's done, it's hopefully done better then the other dragons as Gible was limited in the time he had, Goodra was rushed, and Noivern... That poor thing... So if they do it, actually bring it in early enough to develop it and don't speed through it, give it a good amount of time to become a strong member of his team.

johno1995

I'd like to see Ash with more Pokemon of types he doesn't use often/hasn't before. I've had enough of Fighting, Flying and Dragon (especially lately). Bring on the Bug (Vikavolt/Golisopod/Araquanid), Ghost (Decidueye/Palossand), Psychic (Oranguru), Rock (Lycanroc), Ice (A-Sandslash) and Steel (A-Sandslash) types...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What do you guys think about Jangmo-o for Ash? It might turn out better than Noivern or Goodra

Yes please, that's the best dragon this gen added.
And it'll provide two typings.... that aren't already on the team. I just want them to give him a dragon done right, the type deserves better treatment than its gotten

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I dunno, I thought for what it's worth Gible was handled well enough... Ash did train it constantly when it was onscreen

I'm sorry but mastering a move=/=becoming a badass all of a sudden. Seriously he went from meh to look how amazing I am in the span of an episode and it's ridiculous.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last time it's happened. All it took Snorunt to become a badass was Ice Beam and an evolution : )

And if Gible evolve I might believe it but he didn't.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't want Ash to catch a Jangmo-o and it being the next Gible. They didn't evolve Gible despite it being a late capture(it was pretty much wasted potential).

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I could accept Jangmo-o as long as it never evolves into the final stage - it looks hideous.

I agree with this because I think some of Ash's Pokemon won't evolve into final stage, example Hakamo-o and Crabrawler.(Hell even starters are questionable, but I want them to evolve). In DP out of 7 Pokemon(including Pika, but he doesn't count when it comes to evolution) only Buizel and Gible didn't evolve. Crabrawler= Buizel, Gible= Jangmo-o . Just in this case Jangmo-o evolves once.

Ilikepiex7

Worst treated type for Ash Rock his only rock type barely got any screentime and it was a folder in both the infamous virbank and Cameron battles so I hope Ash gets rockruff so it can redeem the rock type for Ash

Janovy

Banned
Worst treated type for Ash Rock his only rock type barely got any screentime and it was a folder in both the infamous virbank and Cameron battles so I hope Ash gets rockruff so it can redeem the rock type for Ash
At least it starred in a gym battle and had a victory against Clay's Excadrill.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So a teamprediction!

Since the topic is on the Jangmo-o-line.. If anybody has seen my avatar in the past seven years, you will probably know that I'm a big fan of Charmeleon - even moreso then Charizard. I like the feral and sleek design of Charmeleon. I don't like Kommo-o, it's not sleek, it's overdesigned. Just yuck. But I could live with Hakamo-o. It would still give Ash that Dragon/Fighting-type and has access to that movepool that would make for a great battler with the same build as Charmeleon (just them next to each other, it's scary..)

So:
- Pikachu
- Decidueye, please, please, please, please..
- Torracat, I'd like it to remain its cat-like features and I like it more then Incineroar and I don't want the team to be fully evolved like Kalos.
- Lycanroc, seems like it might happen with the amounts of bonding they keep showing between Kukui's Rockruff, Ash and Pikachu..
- Araquanid, a bit unorthodox, but in my eyes more likely then Mareanie and Wimpod..
- Hakamo-o, two nice types and shades of Charmeleon! :D

You still get to keep the Grass/Fire/Water-core, Ash gets to use a Rock, Bug, Ghost, Fighting and Dragon-types. Heck, Ash still even has room for a bird, it's just not a Flying-type this gen when it fully evolves! xD

And still, I really, really like Boldore and had a moment of pleasant remembrance when I saw that Boldore in SM1/2. It also took down a Reuniclus in the Junior Cup, but nobody mentions that. And it at least put in work against Hydreigon.

So sure, you can say that Boldore and the Rock-type aren't really Ash's strong suit, or moreover, Boldore was a castmember in a series that didn't know what to do with an excess amount of captures even in the early stages of the series. Looking at the Dragon-type in a series where Ash did not even have a full team until the league, and the treatment seems even worse in proportion. Boldore had to share the screentime with NINE other pokémon, Goodra and Noivern only had to share screentime with FOUR while they were travelling and weren't battling. What came out of that? A rushed evolution process for Goodra for the sole reason of having a highstakes Lumiose Gym battle and NOTHING for Noivern outside of an evolution episode that was okay. Then there's the league where both of his dragons categorically failed with a 1D-1L-record for both.

Conclusion: Boldore barely had the opportunity to shine, but it was okay when taking into account the circumstances. While both Goodra and Noivern didn't have that screentime competition to face, yet still never got round to doing anything outside of a gym win (which Boldore had as well) and an evolution or two (which Boldore had one of). Gible, despite it being a late addition and also not do much, is by far Ash's best handled dragon. It had an arc to itself while Ash was already gearing up for the league (something Noivern can't boast), and got a battle in the league where it got to be the focal point, something neither Goodra or Noivern can boast.

So yeah, Rock might be his worst treated type, but in context, you have to give it a bit more credit and you have to lower the amount of credit for the Kalos-Dragons. Gible saves the Dragon-type reputation despite being a dimwit.

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I don't want Ash to catch a Jangmo-o and it being the next Gible. They didn't evolve Gible despite it being a late capture(it was pretty much wasted potential).

i'd be fine with jangmo-o being another gible, but captured earlier. gible had a better record than hawlucha, noivern, and talonflame (aka the only kalos mons ash kept).

nickdt

i'd be fine with jangmo-o being another gible, but captured earlier. gible had a better record than hawlucha, noivern, and talonflame (aka the only kalos mons ash kept).

Well, how much Official Battles has Gible fought compared to Talonflame and Hawlucha. Just saying its obvious Gibles record is better since the others fought in more official battles (and because of that get a lower amount of battle record than Gible) and thus are better than Gible.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Well, how much Official Battles has Gible fought compared to Talonflame and Hawlucha. Just saying its obvious Gibles record is better since the others fought in more official battles (and because of that get a lower amount of battle record than Gible) and thus are better than Gible.

well i guess you could make arguments for talonflame and hawlucha. but gible took out two pokemon in the league and landed hits on tobias' darkrai. that's already more than anything noivern did. but i digress.

if ash caught a jangmo-o, i could see it evolving into hakamo-o and staying that way.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

No, I don't want that because Pokemon like Gible and Jangmo-o could potentially evolve into powerful Pokemon like Garchomp and Kommo-o respectively. So there is no point in capturing them if they don't fully evolve, in my opinion.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
No, I don't want that because Pokemon like Gible and Jangmo-o could potentially evolve into powerful Pokemon like Garchomp and Kommo-o respectively. So there is no point in capturing them if they don't fully evolve, in my opinion.

*looks at goodra and noivern*

fully evolved doesn't always mean they'll be powerful lol. and not being fully evolved doesn't mean they won't be.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
*looks at goodra and noivern*

fully evolved doesn't always mean they'll be powerful lol. and not being fully evolved doesn't mean they won't be.

I can agree with Noivern but not Goodra anyway. Goodra lost only once, to be honest. It had a poor performance in the League on it's comeback, but before that it did defeat Luxray, Florges and also almost single handedly won the double battle against Tierno.

Anyway, the Jangmo-o line doesn't seem to suit Ash, so I highly doubt that Ash will capture one.

Status
Not open for further replies.