• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Omg I wish we get to see Greninja again..
I'd rather see older Pokemon that deserve to return more like Oshawott, Totodile, etc. over Greninja honestly.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
One thing I've noticed is that over the years is the show has gotten better at evolving Ash's Pokemon, he still has too many unevolved or not fully evolved Pokemon for my personal taste but still, so I am thinking there is still a slim chance that Rowlet will evolve into Decidueye or at least Dartrix (preferably the former).

Although I do not have an idea as to how it will happen.

As for a sixth member, I think there's a slim chance he will get Jangmo-o, but I am not sure, its species are trying to get stronger and have a love for fighting so assuming it doesn't wind up pulling a Gible (as in not evolving at all) it should hopefully become a Kommo-o before the league or at least a Hakamo-o

Zariful

I’m not sure Ash would get 5/6 Pokemon that have the potential to use unique z moves. That seems a little off to me. So if Lillie ever gets Alolan Ninetails it’ll probably be to save Lillie. Mallow is tentatively getting her level up of the saga. In the games, she has a phantump or trevenant.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
One thing I've noticed is that over the years is the show has gotten better at evolving Ash's Pokemon, he still has too many unevolved or not fully evolved Pokemon for my personal taste but still, so I am thinking there is still a slim chance that Rowlet will evolve into Decidueye or at least Dartrix (preferably the former).

Although I do not have an idea as to how it will happen.

As for a sixth member, I think there's a slim chance he will get Jangmo-o, but I am not sure, its species are trying to get stronger and have a love for fighting so assuming it doesn't wind up pulling a Gible (as in not evolving at all) it should hopefully become a Kommo-o before the league or at least a Hakamo-o

To be fair, they just started throwing them all over the place since Best Wishes. Pokémon that didn't deserve an evolution (something about actually developing before evolving), but getting that evolution because the (gym) battle called for it. Then Kalos didn't do much wrong concerning Greninja and Talonflame, but went completely crazy on Goodra (solely to raise the stakes vs. Clemont (also the reason why he got that Luxray that early on)) and then prematurely shot the gun on a Noibat that was barely capable of flight. Same with Serena's Fennekin and Eevee, both barely did anything but just up and went and evolved. Now we're in Alola and yeah, of course people are expecting easy evolutions.

To be honest, Lycanroc's evolution had to happen because of marketing, but I'm glad that they actually took their time a bit with Torracat. And I also think that if the show evolves Rowlet, then it probably won't stay a Dartrix for long, just like how Monferno came and went quite rapidly.

I’m not sure Ash would get 5/6 Pokemon that have the potential to use unique z moves. That seems a little off to me. So if Lillie ever gets Alolan Ninetails it’ll probably be to save Lillie. Mallow is tentatively getting her level up of the saga. In the games, she has a phantump or trevenant.

Still wouldn't be that sure that Vulpix would choose to evolve even at that point. Would Pikachu evolve to save Ash - or will it find another way?

As for Kommo-o for Ash. Lol, nope. Not seeing it in this series. Hakamo-o definitely, but Kommo-o is just not going to happen in my opinion. They're building Lycanroc up as the big ace this series, and if there's a surprise twist then it will probably come in the form of Decidueye or Naganadel, not Kommo-o.

ShadowForce720

To be fair, they just started throwing them all over the place since Best Wishes. Pokémon that didn't deserve an evolution (something about actually developing before evolving), but getting that evolution because the (gym) battle called for it. Then Kalos didn't do much wrong concerning Greninja and Talonflame, but went completely crazy on Goodra (solely to raise the stakes vs. Clemont (also the reason why he got that Luxray that early on)) and then prematurely shot the gun on a Noibat that was barely capable of flight. Same with Serena's Fennekin and Eevee, both barely did anything but just up and went and evolved. Now we're in Alola and yeah, of course people are expecting easy evolutions.

To be honest, Lycanroc's evolution had to happen because of marketing, but I'm glad that they actually took their time a bit with Torracat. And I also think that if the show evolves Rowlet, then it probably won't stay a Dartrix for long, just like how Monferno came and went quite rapidly.

Still wouldn't be that sure that Vulpix would choose to evolve even at that point. Would Pikachu evolve to save Ash - or will it find another way?

As for Kommo-o for Ash. Lol, nope. Not seeing it in this series. Hakamo-o definitely, but Kommo-o is just not going to happen in my opinion. They're building Lycanroc up as the big ace this series, and if there's a surprise twist then it will probably come in the form of Decidueye or Naganadel, not Kommo-o.

Pikachu and Alolan Vulpix's situations aren't really that comparable considering the fact that Pikachu doesn't want to evolve because it wants to prove that it can beat any pokemon as a Pikachu without having to evolve into a Raichu, where in Alolan Vulpix's case it didn't evolve because it didn't feel like it was ready and never really ruled out evolving at a later point, so Lillie's Alolan Vulpix evolving in a future episode isn't really that unlikely. As for would Pikachu evolve to save Ash or would it find another way that would depend on the situation because if there is another away to save Ash then evolving then obviously it won't do it however, if it winds up in a situation where the only way it can save Ash is by evolving into Raichu then Pikachu would most likely put it's pride on the side an evolve into Raichu, but obviously if it's has come to that point it means that they are in a extremely bad situation.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have a suspicion that we'll get a Rowlet evolution once the focus isn't on Alola and more so LGPE/the Gen 8 announcement (most likely happening in early 2019). While, yes, there's still a manga and the anime series revolved around Alola, I feel as though, between November of 2018 and 2019, the general focus will leave Alola. I say this because Decidueye also has a decent amount of a fanbase to use.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to get both an episode focusing on Rowlet's family and a Kahili episode, and both would be easy Rowlet episodes to evolve it in. And then it could evolve into Decidueye when the focus is on LGPE. I agree with Locormus. Dartrix is by far the least popular of the Rowlet line, so if Rowlet is going to fully evolve, it will most likely stay as a Dartrix for like 20-30 episodes kinda like Infernape was a Monferno for only a short period of time.

However, I only say this in response to the WTP data I posted earlier (nothing in the Pikipek line has been used for WTP yet believe it or not).

I could see Popplio going the same way as well, although it seems a bit unlikely.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, I'm not going to believe Rowlet's evolving until it actually happens. Decidueye itself won't get screwed over like poor Chesnaught did, seeing how the evolution is actually popular. Acerola will probably have one as one of her Ghost types, or it could be one of Hau's Pokemon if he doesn't get cheated like Hugh, Wally, and Silver did. I doubt they'd completely skip over Hau having a starter, just because his main will obviously be Alolan Raichu doesn't mean he can't have one. I can see Hau's other team members getting swapped around like how Gladion owns a Umbreon and Lycanroc despite his game counterpart not owning those, but I'm fairly certain the starter will stick.

So far all Rowlet's done is the standard Piplup/Oshawott stuff those starters do. And after XY insisted on having two Chespins being around in major roles, I lost faith in them ever evolving. I'd love to be wrong as Decidueye's the only member of the species I like much like Chesnaught before it.... but it isn't looking that way. Once Rowlet evolves, Decidueye is pretty much confirmed as they won't keep it a Dartrix but until it happens I'm remaining on the Rowlet train. Would be nice if we actually got a series where all three cast starters fully evolve someday....

Oh yeah, and I fully expect a Blastoise to be thrown Gladion's way. That way all three Kanto starters are around in a way; Kiawe's Pokeride Charizard, Mallow's Ivysaur #TeamIvysaur, and Gladion's Blastoise.

D

Deleted member 384931

So their arent many UBs left. So necrozma arc can come quick I am wondering how they will handle it. And Datrix has to debut yet and we are at ep 82 and still no 6th pokemon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to get both an episode focusing on Rowlet's family and a Kahili episode, and both would be easy Rowlet episodes to evolve it in. And then it could evolve into Decidueye when the focus is on LGPE. I agree with Locormus. Dartrix is by far the least popular of the Rowlet line, so if Rowlet is going to fully evolve, it will most likely stay as a Dartrix for like 20-30 episodes kinda like Infernape was a Monferno for only a short period of time.

However, I only say this in response to the WTP data I posted earlier (nothing in the Pikipek line has been used for WTP yet believe it or not).

I could see Popplio going the same way as well, although it seems a bit unlikely.
Ever since you posted that WTP data, and then the fact that the new games probably wont come out until September to November 2019, we have like 55 to 65 more episodes left we could fit in that time limit. Personally I think we could see plenty of evolutions still and team building, even though I don't think the girls will get anything, I agree with you on Dartrix evolving quickly if it does.

Zariful

I do believe Rowlet is next in line for some focus. A good move that represents Rowlet’s battling style would be sucker punch. Though I would definitely like it to get leaf blade at some point.

D

Deleted member 384931

I do believe Rowlet is next in line for some focus. A good move that represents Rowlet’s battling style would be sucker punch. Though I would definitely like it to get leaf blade at some point.
Yeah because both Terrocat and Lycanrock got enough focus. Unless they are focusing on Necrozma now

dman_dustin

Am I the only one confused why Dartrix hasn't shown up in the anime, I want to believe its a hint to Ash's Rowlet, but it otherwise doesn't make sense to me.

They're willing to shove every other Pokemon but not Dartrix, it's just strange that they haven't had one episode about Dartrix, that's obviously now that I said that going to change, but I do question why they would take so long to show off Dartrix. Were they in some disagreement about Ash's Rowlet or something.

nickdt

I think its because Dartrix isn't the most popular evolved form. Its basically the XY Chespin situation.

dman_dustin

I think its because Dartrix isn't the most popular evolved form. Its basically the XY Chespin situation.

That still doesn't justify not using it (likewise with Quilladin, if no Chespin was going to evolve, not sure why the waited so long to shove it in the anime), they could easily just get it done and over with and not have to worry about it. Besides I don't see how Brionne is any better of a Pokemon and yet it showed up pretty early around the time of the others.

At least if Torracat is seen as "late" it makes sense considering Ash's Litten evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.