• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Since they've been doing a lot of team changes recently, that gives hope that Popplio will evolve into Brionne soon. But it could still have a development arc once it has evolved such as having trouble with singing at first and wanting to sing better and so Lana works with Brionne to help it to become a better singer and it could eventually learn Sing.

DatsRight

Since they've been doing a lot of team changes recently, that gives hope that Popplio will evolve into Brionne soon. But it could still have a development arc once it has evolved such as having trouble with singing at first and wanting to sing better and so Lana works with Brionne to help it to become a better singer and it could eventually learn Sing.

It doesn't change both it and Steenee have spent nearly two thirds of this series doing little or having much of a personality, something even the more stagnant Pokemon have managed to avoid to some level.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Nah, I still think Popplio would have gotten shafted if it was given to Ash. I'll give you that it would probably benefit from being able to interact with more Pokemon on a regular basis, but that's all it would really do. On the flip side, it would most likely never evolve because the writers are practically allergic to giving feminine Pokemon to male characters for the most part nowadays, and it would remain one of the weaker members of his team. Especially given how aquatic of a Pokemon Popplio is (I've noted multiple times that I feel like that is what's hindering Lana and Popplio's development; they very rarely do anything outside of those aquatic settings). It would probably be the Oshawott of the generation, not Rowlet, because it would need to have something to make up for it not evolving. Maybe you think that would make it more memorable; I think it would have just turned it into another Scrappy, just like the others. While I wish Popplio was treated better, I'd rather it be unremarkable than be hated. And while I know you don't particularly care about evolution, a lot of people do.

Also, I recall something you said earlier, that Popplio itself was pretty much just a basic, generic sea lion, while Brionne moreso embodies the "performer" aspect of the line. Well, Popplio could potentially be one of those Pokemon that evolution could benefit personality-wise from evolution (I feel the same about Tsareena btw as Steenee itself is pretty generic too IMO).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well maybe Popplio and Steenee aren't seen to be interesting in general. I guess an evolution is the only solution to even give Popplio more development options and since Tsareena's confirmed it could start having some kicking thing going around with it. Either we can have Tsareena being disobedient at first or she wanting to master her kicking skills but isn't too good at the start.

DatsRight

Also, I recall something you said earlier, that Popplio itself was pretty much just a basic, generic sea lion, while Brionne moreso embodies the "performer" aspect of the line. Well, Popplio could potentially be one of those Pokemon that evolution could benefit personality-wise from evolution (I feel the same about Tsareena btw as Steenee itself is pretty generic too IMO).

That may be true, but they're REALLY cutting it late to make Popplio stick out if so.

Tsareena I'm not sure. I actually think Tsareena is A kinda ugly generic feminine design, and Steenee's more expressive little girl design complimented Mallow much better, and yet they still barely did anything with her.

It's not just the lack of development but the fact these two girls and their Pokemon just don't seem to be connecting or contributing compared to the others. Kiawe, Lillie and even Sophocles at least have fun roles within the group and cute specific roles as foils for Ash. Even in episodes where Ash becomes too dominant in focus, there's usually at least the odd moment from at least one or two of them that sticks to mind, be it comedy, use of Pokemon, assistance, or some sort of bonding/interaction with him. In other words they are FUN. Mallow and Lana just feel like dead weight. Mallow's big sister role just fizzled out after the early few episodes, and Lana doesn't interact much with anyone, a few too many of their episodes involve things being GIVEN TO them through the usual formula instead of them actually doing anything fun or memorable, making their involvement feel a bit bare and boring. Even in terms of comedy, they contribute the least because the show doesn't seem to like having stuff at the expense of little girls too much besides Lillie.

Last edited:

Zariful

On the bright side, Tsareena will get a moveset completed. Togedemaru literally has one move. Charjabug and Popplio have two each. Poipole has one, we just don’t know what it is. And Shiron only has three. You know it’s kind of funny that they just introduced the ice stone for these two Alolan forms. It’s kind of frustrating that they made Lycanroc do the trial solo. Cause Rowlet also learned a new move. I hope Ash’s final trial is a full 6 on 6 battle. But if Lycanroc or Pikachu Star, I’ll be mad. Maybe one of the last three episodes in August will be another important episode. Gladion is in this opening. Have him appear again.

Henry's Journey

My wishes for next team changes/development:

*Rowlet focus/evolution episode - I think the little guy hasn't had one focus episode? it won battles in two grand trials and learned a new move but it needs more imo.
*Popplio evolving
*Charjabug evolving - probably in Poni island mini arc.
*Ash's sixth mon - probably caught in Poni island mini arc.

Other stuff could be maybe Kiawe catching a 3rd mon and Vulpix pulling a Blaziken and evolving very late in the series.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm not too sure if Tsareena is guaranteed to have a full moveset but here's my guess of what she will have:

-Magical Leaf
-Trop Kick
-High Jump Kick
-Sweet Scent

I think the writers will focus more on her kicking abilities as a Tsareena rather than slapping with her sepals as a Steenee so we have two kicking moves here. And so Double Slap is forgotten. As a bonus, Trop Kick is a move exclusive to Tsareena so we already have an opportunity to showcase an exclusive move. Not too sure about Magical Leaf and Sweet Scent though but Sweet Scent may not be replaced to reflect upon Mallow's interest in cooking.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
On the bright side, Tsareena will get a moveset completed. Togedemaru literally has one move. Charjabug and Popplio have two each. Poipole has one, we just don’t know what it is. And Shiron only has three. You know it’s kind of funny that they just introduced the ice stone for these two Alolan forms. It’s kind of frustrating that they made Lycanroc do the trial solo. Cause Rowlet also learned a new move. I hope Ash’s final trial is a full 6 on 6 battle. But if Lycanroc or Pikachu Star, I’ll be mad. Maybe one of the last three episodes in August will be another important episode. Gladion is in this opening. Have him appear again.

I sure hope it's a full on six, not another double scenario where Ash only uses one or two of his Pokemon. Torracat hasn't had a Grand Trial yet, but Pikachu, Rowlet, and Lycanroc have had two! And it'd be nice to see Poipole get some action in as well so it can properly earn an evolution into Naganadel.

Rowlet learning a random move was just weird since he wasn't getting to do anything. If he learned a Ghost move, it'd have been understandable as Ash would have a use for the Ghostnium he got cheated out of. I'm fairly confident Rowlet will have the starring role in Hapu's trial due to his type advantage, so I'm not that worried about him.

My wishes for next team changes/development:

*Rowlet focus/evolution episode - I think the little guy hasn't had one focus episode? it won battles in two grand trials and learned a new move but it needs more imo.
*Popplio evolving
*Charjabug evolving - probably in Poni island mini arc.
*Ash's sixth mon - probably caught in Poni island mini arc.

Other stuff could be maybe Kiawe catching a 3rd mon and Vulpix pulling a Blaziken and evolving very late in the series.

I'd like if Kiawe got a third Pokemon soon, since he is participating in the League.... and there isn't really anything they can do with Turtonator and Marowak now. Much like with Mallow's team, time for the two to get new captures and open up room for future development!

I don't want them holding off on Kiawe's capture until one or two months before the League. But apparently "He started off developed, so he doesn't need development" is an excuse to not want to see a Kiawe episode.... he hasn't really done anything notable since the Kanto arc.

DavidD001

Woo finally the Grass-type queen pokemon has arrived and learned 2 new moves and her full moveset is revealed.
Mallow's Tsareena's moveset....
-Sweet Scent
-Double Slap
-Stomp
-Trop Kick

Now to wait and see what happens from the next three episodes and beyond.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think for the most part, Ash's team is fine as it is right now.
If we're to assume the usual pattern is Pikachu - regional bird - Grass Type - Fire Type - Water Type - wildcard, then the pattern was broken the moment Ash caught Rowlet since it meant he was most likely not getting Pikipek. So the whole "wildcard" thing is out the window unless Greninja is the 6th.
How is the wild card out of the window when Ash has an UB in his arsenal which we pretty much know that it won't be the regional ace? A non-ace UB in Ash's Alolan team, as a Naganadel it's more than just a wild card, it has the potential to be better than Ash's previous wild cards like Gliscor and Goodra.[/QUOTE]

TBH, I would prefer if Naganedel and Sivally were the ones who fought in the final battle. If Gladion uses the Steel type Sivally. I could see Naganadel learning a fire type move like fire blast. Ash’s Gliscor knew fire fang while Ash had Infernape. While Gible knew rock smash and Staraptor knew close combat, and Ash still had Infernape. So it’s not too outlandish. I do think Ash and Gladion’s lycanroc’s might tie. They could clash their z moves.
I completely disagree. Silvally is clearly the ace for Gladion while Dusk Lycanroc (as evident from the portrayal of it so far) is very likely being built up as Alolan ace. It's only appropriate when Ash's regional ace and his rival's ace battle in their rivalry climax battle. Dusk Lycanroc and Silvally's rivalry has been already set up previously by their battle where even Gladion stated that they share a lot of similar traits. Silvally is clearly Gladion's ace Pokemon and clearly his strongest Pokemon too, as it was well established in the Aether arc, he tends to rely on Silvally a lot more comparatively too. Midnight Lycanroc might be his Z-move using Pokemon but not his ace.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, Tsareena doesn't SEEM disobedient. Not as friendly as Steenee perhaps, but not outright antagonistic toward anyone (except Rowlet and Team Rocket) either.

Not that I was expecting the disobedient storyline or anything, but Tsareena just seems like a Pokemon that has more sass and attitude while Steenee is just a generic cute mon, and the Pokedex entries suggest it's more vicious too.

Eh, I'll give it a few episodes

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
How is the wild card out of the window when Ash has an UB in his arsenal which we pretty know that it won't be the regional ace? A non-ace UB is Ash's Alolan team, as a Naganadel it's more than just a wild card, it has the potential to be better than Ash's previous wild cards like Gliscor and Goodra.
Did you... read my post?

The traditional format for Ash's team is Pikachu - regional bird - Grass Type - Fire Type - Water Type - Wildcard. Technically, this format was out the window the moment Ash caught Rowlet since it meant hewas most likely not getting Pikipek.

Even if you want to argue that Rowlet serves as both bird and Grass type, then Ash is still missing a Water type, which he's moat likely not getting unless Greninja comes back.

Pokemon Power

Did you... read my post?

The traditional format for Ash's team is Pikachu - regional bird - Grass Type - Fire Type - Water Type - Wildcard. Technically, this format was out the window the moment Ash caught Rowlet since it meant hewas most likely not getting Pikipek.

Even if you want to argue that Rowlet serves as both bird and Grass type, then Ash is still missing a Water type, which he's moat likely not getting unless Greninja comes back.
Remember, Ash's Kalos adventure broke the trend with no Grass-type on the team.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer

It also gave us 3 Flying types, which still bothers me a little.

There is really no way for Greninja to return unless the class takes a trip to Kalos.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well, Tsareena doesn't SEEM disobedient. Not as friendly as Steenee perhaps, but not outright antagonistic toward anyone (except Rowlet and Team Rocket) either.

Not that I was expecting the disobedient storyline or anything, but Tsareena just seems like a Pokemon that has more sass and attitude while Steenee is just a generic cute mon, and the Pokedex entries suggest it's more vicious too.

Eh, I'll give it a few episodes

Maybe they thought it'd be too similar to Incineroar's antics? Incineroar's a difficult Pokemon as well according to the Pokedex. It won't listen if it doesn't feel like listening, that could prove troublesome for Ash.

I knew the preview spoiled Steenee evolving... but man, Mallow getting a fully-evolved Pokemon before any of the girls have still yet to get a second Pokemon heavily worries me.

How so? Tsareena evolving with over a year left gives me hope that she won't end up just having Tsareena. There's nothing left they could do with her. I think we'll see Mallow and Lillie's second Pokemon come in when we're closer to LGPE, since it's most likely Kanto Pokemon they'll be receiving.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Never said SM was the only series to stray from the pattern. Just that in this case, they most likely will again?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Did you... read my post?

The traditional format for Ash's team is Pikachu - regional bird - Grass Type - Fire Type - Water Type - Wildcard. Technically, this format was out the window the moment Ash caught Rowlet since it meant he was most likely not getting Pikipek.

I said nothing about the pattern part. You said that 'wild card thing is out of the window', and was the part to which I responded. A wild card in Ash's team is very likely not of the window, since he has an UB in his team which is likely to be a non-ace (since Lycanroc judging by its portrayal is very likely being built up as Ash's Alolan ace). A non-ace UB sounds very much like a wild card.

And regarding the pattern, don't forget that it's being overlapped in another way: Ash's regional ace is most of the time either the Grass type starter, the Fire type starter or the Water type starter. This time it's likely none of those, a.k.a., Dusk Lycanroc most likely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.