• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I think, at least, Lana will get Araquanid because it's her in-game ace, and she's the only one of the captains who doesn't have her in-game ace.

I reiterate: Sophocles' ace is Alolan Golem in the games.

And before anyone brings up the Z-Crystal argument like with Ilima, Sophocles does in fact use Electrium Z with Golem in USUM.

ShadowForce720

I reiterate: Sophocles' ace is Alolan Golem in the games.

And before anyone brings up the Z-Crystal argument like with Ilima, Sophocles does in fact use Electrium Z with Golem in USUM.

Although to be fair it could be argued that his Togedemaru and/or Vikavolt could be his ace as well as he does in fact use Electrium-Z with both Togedemaru and Vikavolt at the Battle Agency, and on top of that Vikavolt is the only one of his pokemon in the games that he uses more then one Z-crystal for considering that at the Battle Agency not only does he use Electrium-Z but he also uses Groundium-Z with his Vikavolt.

So at this point it's more debatable whose is in-game ace is but either way, I don't think it can be really fully confirmed as to which one is his actual ace.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And how do we know they're not going off of SM aces as opposed to USM? They're the exact same level in SM, last Pokemon be damned.

On the subject of Araquanid, there's also the fact that Ash himself has yet to see an Araquanid and that Araquanid has not been used for WTP yet. Both imply that that short little cameo in the Dewpider episode is not going to be the last we see of Araquanid. Of course, it is possible it just appears in a PotD filler or they just choose to use it for WTP because it happens to be in the background, and everything else has been used (kinda like how Alolan Ratatta is a likely candidate for the shrinking episode, because it's already debuted, Ash has already seen one, and it hasn't been used yet).

Also... I just don't buy that either Lana isn't going to get a single team change or Popplio evolving once is going to be all she gets. Something about both of those options seems very... incomplete. Not to mention, she'd be getting screwed over even compared to Mallow. No, I feel like either Popplio is going all the way or it'll evolve once and she'll get a second Pokemon. And if the former was going to happen, Popplio most likely would have evolved by now (unless it evolves in August-September, and it only remains a Brionne for around 20-30 episodes, which I feel is unlikely given how sparse Lana's episodes are).

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Although to be fair it could be argued that his Togedemaru and/or Vikavolt could be his ace as well as he does in fact use Electrium-Z with both Togedemaru and Vikavolt at the Battle Agency, and on top of that Vikavolt is the only one of his pokemon in the games that he uses more then one Z-crystal for considering that at the Battle Agency not only does he use Electrium-Z but he also uses Groundium-Z with his Vikavolt.

So at this point it's more debatable whose is in-game ace is but either way, I don't think it can be really fully confirmed as to which one is his actual ace.

That means Comfey is Mallow's in-game ace? It does use Grassium Z and Tsareena doesn't in Battle Agency.
Battle Agency doesn't mean anything.

Last Pokemon = Aces:

USUM Mallow:
Trevenant
Shiinotic
Tsareena with Grassium Z

USUM Kiawe:
Arcanine
Talonflame
Alolan Marowak with Firium Z

USUM Sophocles:
Togedemaru
Magnezone
Alolan Golem with Electrium Z

And how do we know they're not going off of SM aces as opposed to USM? They're the exact same level in SM, last Pokemon be damned.

They're the same level in USUM, too.
Alolan Golem is Sophocles's ace in both SM and USUM, because it is his last Pokemon.

Anime=/=Game. Writers are doing whatever they want to do.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does it matter honestly? The anime has always made team changes for trainers compared to the games. Sophocles is still paired with Togedemaru in the games and is treated like Pikachu is to Ash in the games. Dewpider/Araquanid is still likely

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Does it matter honestly? The anime has always made team changes for trainers compared to the games. Sophocles is still paired with Togedemaru in the games and is treated like Pikachu is to Ash in the games
^ This. Perhaps I was mistaken in believing that aces matter, but the fact remains that everybody except Lana has at least one Pokemon from their in-game teams right now. Last time I checked, Lana does not have a Popplio or anything from the Popplio line on her in-game team.

If they do go by that, then her only other options other than Araquanid are Chinchou/Lanturn or Shellder/Cloyster. The former is unlikely because it's a fish and wouldn't be able to do anything outside of the water, and the latter is still a pretty immobile (and honestly kinda boring) Pokemon overall, albeit a more likely option than Chinchou/Lanturn due to LGPE promotion.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Eh, I don't really count the Battle Agency as "canon". I mean, Giovanni uses Z-Moves there. Where did he get a Z-Ring from? Same with Lillie.

Either way, my point was just to clarify who Sophocles' ace was, that's all. Doesn't really matter. Especially since Ilima and Acerola didn't have their aces either.

^ This. Perhaps I was mistaken in believing that aces matter, but the fact remains that everybody except Lana has at least one Pokemon from their in-game teams right now. Last time I checked, Lana does not have a Popplio or anything from the Popplio line on her in-game team.

If they do go by that, then her only other options other than Araquanid are Chinchou/Lanturn or Shellder/Cloyster. The former is unlikely because it's a fish and wouldn't be able to do anything outside of the water, and the latter is still a pretty immobile (and honestly kinda boring) Pokemon overall, albeit a more likely option than Chinchou/Lanturn due to LGPE promotion.

Chinchou can move just fine on land, last I remember. So it doesn't have to evolve, if that's what you mean.

D

Deleted member 384931

Look I if find it strange that we have so less pokémon left and so much episodes to go. And giving Ash Datrix now would be very late. But that is SM I wouldnt be surprised. For the rest: there arent much Kanto pokemon in Alola left. Letting catch Kiawe an Arcinaine out of the blue (or even worse offscreen) would be too late. And which pokémon will Gladion use: Zoroark, Silvally,Umbreon and Crobat? Or others?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think it's too late at all to evolve Rowlet. We've got about a year left but since it recently learned Razor Leaf and not much has been done to Popplio in a long time, so I guess it will be a priority for any changes. Then if the time gives, then an evolution may be possible, but I don't expect it to be too late.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm not too sure at the moment. There are some options, but they're highly limited at this stage. But I'm sure Jangmo-o could be an option for him because they're not yet seen to be under the ownership of a Trainer. I wouldn't be too surprised if Ash doesn't get something for his last slot.

ShadowForce720

I'm not too sure at the moment. There are some options, but they're highly limited at this stage. But I'm sure Jangmo-o could be an option for him because they're not yet seen to be under the ownership of a Trainer. I wouldn't be too surprised if Ash doesn't get something for his last slot.

Well there is also the possibility that he could get a pokemon that were not expecting heck maybe he even catches a pokemon that some people have ruled out. At this point we just don't know however since he knows there is going to be a league, he will likely have something for the last slot. Heck depending on what the new pokemon being introduce in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee is there is a possibility that he could catch it, or there is also the possibility that he will catch a gen 1 pokemon or bring back a gen 1 pokemon from his reserves to promote Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee.

I know there this tendency of when we don't know what Ash's final slot will be some people think that means that he might not get something from the last slot, but I highly doubt that Ash is going to go without having a 6th member to his team, I mean heck look what happened back in XY&Z when we got close to the Kalos league and Ash had Goodra at the Swamp so he just had 5 pokemon actively with him some people thought that it meant that Ash wouldn't have an official 6th member to his Kalos team and yet when the league happened they had Goodra come back to give him a full team. Plus given how much time we have left before we get the league there is plenty of time for him to get one more member.

I mean heck if anything is for sure about the writers is that they have shown that they like to throw more and more curve balls with the more recent series. Heck for all we know it's entirely possible that his 6th member could be a pokemon that he has already met and we just didn't realize that his was going to be his 6th member of his Alolan Team.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Look I if find it strange that we have so less pokémon left and so much episodes to go. And giving Ash Datrix now would be very late. But that is SM I wouldnt be surprised. For the rest: there arent much Kanto pokemon in Alola left. Letting catch Kiawe an Arcinaine out of the blue (or even worse offscreen) would be too late. And which pokémon will Gladion use: Zoroark, Silvally,Umbreon and Crobat? Or others?
Um, I won't really say having Rowlet evolve into Dartrix will be too late now, Ash's Tepig also evolved after 80+ episodes in BW. If Rowlet stars in the grand trial against Hapu then maybe it could evolve into Dartrix there. Though I think that for fully evolving into Decidueye it's probably too late now, it'll just feel a bit too rushed now if it does fully evolve from this point.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well there is also the possibility that he could get a pokemon that were not expecting heck maybe he even catches a pokemon that some people have ruled out. At this point we just don't know however since he knows there is going to be a league, he will likely have something for the last slot. Heck depending on what the new pokemon being introduce in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee is there is a possibility that he could catch it, or there is also the possibility that he will catch a gen 1 pokemon or bring back a gen 1 pokemon from his reserves to promote Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee.

I know there this tendency of when we don't know what Ash's final slot will be some people think that means that he might not get something from the last slot, but I highly doubt that Ash is going to go without having a 6th member to his team, I mean heck look what happened back in XY&Z when we got close to the Kalos league and Ash had Goodra at the Swamp so he just had 5 pokemon actively with him some people thought that it meant that Ash wouldn't have an official 6th member to his Kalos team and yet when the league happened they had Goodra come back to give him a full team. Plus given how much time we have left before we get the league there is plenty of time for him to get one more member.

I mean heck if anything is for sure about the writers is that they have shown that they like to throw more and more curve balls with the more recent series. Heck for all we know it's entirely possible that his 6th member could be a pokemon that he has already met and we just didn't realize that his was going to be his 6th member of his Alolan Team.
Still Ash can have a temporary Pokémon as his last slot for the League but I'm not too sure if the League rules are against that. But anyway I'm expecting that it'll be more likely Ash will fill up his last slot rather than to leave it blank. But Kiawe has also shown interest in participating in the League but he has only has two Pokémon in his team. He could get some Pokémon from his family's ranch to fill up some of the slots especially Tauros and Miltank. And if some of the Pokémon at Wela Volcano Park want to join too especially the Flareon that's there we can have Kiawe have a full team he could use for the League.
Um, I won't really say having Rowlet evolve into Dartrix will be too late now, Ash's Tepig also evolved after 80+ episodes in BW. If Rowlet stars in the grand trial against Hapu then maybe it could evolve into Dartrix there. Though I think that for fully evolving into Decidueye it's probably too late now, it'll just feel a bit too rushed now if it does fully evolve from this point.
Well Pignite wasn't that popular of a Pokémon back then so it wouldn't be too surprising if Rowlet stayed as a Dartrix.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Why so much worry for the 6th slot in Ash's team? Chill up, the ride Garchomp which Ash uses as an Ultra Guardian will take the place for Ash's 6th slot in Ash's team for the League if required!!! :D:p

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Right now I'm not worrying too much about Ash's final slot because it will most likely be a year until the League. Mallow and Ash have received recent team upgrades, with Ash receiving the most intensive out of them, especially with Lycanroc. So I doubt much will be done to him for the time being.

Togedemaru has a highly limited moveset and her only move is Zing Zap. I think she should start using her spikes more and perhaps it might even lead her to learning Spiky Shield.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Or it could pull a Monferno and remain Dartriz like 20-30 episodes before evolving again.

Given Dartrix is by far the least popular of the Rowlet line, I could see it happening.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Or it could pull a Monferno and remain Dartriz like 20-30 episodes before evolving again.

Given Dartrix is by far the least popular of the Rowlet line, I could see it happening.
Forgive me for not mentioning in my post that examples from AG and DP are not applicable because it's pretty much evident now that SM will not be as long as a series like AG or DP.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It'd be hilarious if his 6th league pokemon randomly ends up being pidgeot or another of his released mons

Leonhart

Imagineer
mehmeh1 said:
It'd be hilarious if his 6th league pokemon randomly ends up being pidgeot or another of his released mons

I wouldn't see anything amusing about bad writing. If Satoshi regains a reserve Pokemon in SM, it should be one that has a realistic chance of appearing, not something from almost twenty years ago that we haven't heard from in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.