• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Where is it stated which Eeveelution Ash and his classmates like?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Where is it stated which Eeveelution Ash and his classmates like?

I think its a general consesus that espeon has been linked with ash since his time in johto since both of his manga as well as game counterpart has one, he has never preferred any eevolution in general.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
In fact his counterparts sharing almost same Pokemon as Ash/Satoshi's .

nickdt

If Ash gets Eevee (Which i doubt, since why now), its not even gonna evolve if it promotes the Lets Go games, since Starter Eevee cannot evolve and if its gonna evolve, its gonna be a gen 1 Eeveelution, since the rest promotes nothing.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If Ash gets Eevee (Which i doubt, since why now), its not even gonna evolve if it promotes the Lets Go games, since Starter Eevee cannot evolve.

It need not evolve now, but as some people (including myself) are speculating, they could use this Eevee to promote Let's Go for now, and if at all the new Pokémon for LGPE happens to be an Eeveelution, or a new Eeveelution gets revealed next year for gen VIII, they can always set this Eevee up to evolve into that new evolution. There are many possibilities here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hmm...I just had a thought, what if Brock and Misty bring Ash one of his reserves from Oak?? I know they can transfer them over but hey since they are coming anyways lol.

Ilikepiex7

The impossible eeveelutions are the two previous main character eeveelutions of May and Serena, and Umbreon because of his rival already having one. Flareon, Jolteon, and leafeon are pretty much out because Ash already has a fire, grass, and electric type (plus Team Rocket stole Ash's thunder stone in DP in the Pikachu vs Raichu episode). That leaves vaporeon, Espeon, new eeveelution, or it doesn't evolve since the lets go eevee can't evolve.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So do people think Ash could bring back a reserve to help promote the new games. Obviously it’ll only be Kanto Pokemon.
What reserves would people like to see then if they were going to use them?

Charizard already had its return in BW, Bulbasaur gets an appearance in every series (except XY.....nice one for ruining it) so I wouldn’t mind if these 2 just got cameos.

Then that leaves Squirtle, Muk, Tauros, Kingler, and Snorlax, possibly Primeape since it appeared at Oak’s in an opening.

So for me, the one Id like to see is Squirtle, maybe it has become overworked in the Squirtle Squad so officer Jenny decides it time for it to retire. It then comes over with Misty and Brock, and joins Ash’s team as the water type, then possibly evolves.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This is exactly my thought process.
Well right. I wouldn’t mind them both having Alolan Raichu but then it also feels weird in some way that he either is revealed to have one straight away or that he straight away has a Pikachu that later evolves. But I think it’s most likely he gets a Pichu, possibly hatched from an Egg, then it later evolves into Pikachu and then it quickly makes contact with a Thunder Stone to evolve into Alolan Raichu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zipper4242 said:
I have a feeling that Poipole is going to come back a la Goodra. Considering the release, I would be very surprised if it didn't for at least a couple episodes tbh.

Even if it does, I don't think it'll manage to do more than score a win or two. Numelgon itself didn't achieve much even when it made its brief comeback.

IcySealeo

I wonder how much will LGPE effect the anime, maybe we're just thinking it will make that big of an impact.

I mean, on the one hand there's this Kanto arc back in AG that promoted FRLG - but it actually started months after the games were released, and it also gave the writers enough time until Gen IV started.
Then there's the promotion of HGSS - that went on for only a few episodes, and some of them didn't really promote much of the games. It started about a month before the games were released and ended about a month after they got released.
And for ORAS its promotion didn't come in the form of an arc or a few episodes but mostly it was Sawyer and two of the ME specials.

So for the LGPE they have Misty and Brock coming back and we have an Eevee, and of course that Pikachu episode. The writers won't go out of their Alola story just to promote the games, they won't suddenly change the plot so we will get a lot more focus on Kanto or Pikachu/Eevee. We still in Alola and we're still have more Gen VII Pokemon that needs to be introduced and maybe more of Team Skull and a trial, and Tapu Fini, and maybe the league. So there's not so much they can do to promote those games. They won't go for an arc in Kanto, and I don't believe we're only gonna see Kanto Pokemon, up until now we've seen a good amount of them without having to promote LGPE. I think that having a recurring Eevee, two episode with Brock and Misty and that Pikachu episode is enough for the writers to promote those games and I think it will be over after 20 episode top.

Remix2

90 episode in and Lana and Lille still don’t have any team change in sight.

Dang that said a lot about how they are treated intern of Pokémon teams.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
90 episode in and Lana and Lille still don’t have any team change in sight.

Dang that said a lot about how they are treated intern of Pokémon teams.

Also not that many Alolan pokemon to split between 9 people. (Ash + his classmates + Gladion + Team Rocket).

As for Hau, Maybe the eevee is his to replace the evolution on his US/UM team?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm hoping when Misty and Brock come that they do a gag with James's Mareanie and Misty's Corsola (I don't remember if this was featured in Mareanie's capture episode). Also sucks that there's a low chance of any of Brock's Pokémon past OS will appear because I think Ludicolo would love Alola

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Where was it even confirmed that Pokemon #808 is an Eeveelution? Like seriously, shouting new Eeveelution every gen doesn't make it any more or less possible.

People are just assuming it is, because we get at least one new Eeveelution every other generation. 2nd, 4th, and 6th gen so far.

Meanwhile the fancy hair Eevee probably wont evolve anyway, if it's based on the LGPE starter eevee.

Sabre_King

Also not that many Alolan pokemon to split between 9 people. (Ash + his classmates + Gladion + Team Rocket).

As for Hau, Maybe the eevee is his to replace the evolution on his US/UM team?

The only thing making me think the eevee is not Hau’s is the fact of eevee’s placement on the poster. I feel like if it was Hau’s it would be placed closer
to Hau and not next to Ash. I hope Ash does get this eevee because the new moves it gets sound pretty interesting to add into the anime, plus it finally would give Ash an eevee after all this time. But it’s just a wait and see moment now, but ash def needs team development since he’s down to 4 Pokémon there is the possibility of poipole coming back but just in case adding eevee won’t be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.