1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Even if it does, I don't think it'll manage to do more than score a win or two. Numelgon itself didn't achieve much even when it made its brief comeback.

2. IcySealeo

IcySealeo Well-Known Member

I wonder how much will LGPE effect the anime, maybe we're just thinking it will make that big of an impact.

I mean, on the one hand there's this Kanto arc back in AG that promoted FRLG - but it actually started months after the games were released, and it also gave the writers enough time until Gen IV started.
    Then there's the promotion of HGSS - that went on for only a few episodes, and some of them didn't really promote much of the games. It started about a month before the games were released and ended about a month after they got released.
    And for ORAS its promotion didn't come in the form of an arc or a few episodes but mostly it was Sawyer and two of the ME specials.

So for the LGPE they have Misty and Brock coming back and we have an Eevee, and of course that Pikachu episode. The writers won't go out of their Alola story just to promote the games, they won't suddenly change the plot so we will get a lot more focus on Kanto or Pikachu/Eevee. We still in Alola and we're still have more Gen VII Pokemon that needs to be introduced and maybe more of Team Skull and a trial, and Tapu Fini, and maybe the league. So there's not so much they can do to promote those games. They won't go for an arc in Kanto, and I don't believe we're only gonna see Kanto Pokemon, up until now we've seen a good amount of them without having to promote LGPE. I think that having a recurring Eevee, two episode with Brock and Misty and that Pikachu episode is enough for the writers to promote those games and I think it will be over after 20 episode top.

3. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

90 episode in and Lana and Lille still don’t have any team change in sight.

Dang that said a lot about how they are treated intern of Pokémon teams.

4. Pikasaur

Pikasaur The Original

Also not that many Alolan pokemon to split between 9 people. (Ash + his classmates + Gladion + Team Rocket).

As for Hau, Maybe the eevee is his to replace the evolution on his US/UM team?

5. Ignition

Ignition <I love this godsend

I'm hoping when Misty and Brock come that they do a gag with James's Mareanie and Misty's Corsola (I don't remember if this was featured in Mareanie's capture episode). Also sucks that there's a low chance of any of Brock's Pokémon past OS will appear because I think Ludicolo would love Alola

6. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid I'm too old ಠ_ಠ

Where was it even confirmed that Pokemon #808 is an Eeveelution? Like seriously, shouting new Eeveelution every gen doesn't make it any more or less possible.

7. Pikasaur

Pikasaur The Original

People are just assuming it is, because we get at least one new Eeveelution every other generation. 2nd, 4th, and 6th gen so far.

Meanwhile the fancy hair Eevee probably wont evolve anyway, if it's based on the LGPE starter eevee.

8. Sabre_King

Sabre_King Well-Known Member

The only thing making me think the eevee is not Hau’s is the fact of eevee’s placement on the poster. I feel like if it was Hau’s it would be placed closer
    to Hau and not next to Ash. I hope Ash does get this eevee because the new moves it gets sound pretty interesting to add into the anime, plus it finally would give Ash an eevee after all this time. But it’s just a wait and see moment now, but ash def needs team development since he’s down to 4 Pokémon there is the possibility of poipole coming back but just in case adding eevee won’t be a bad thing.

9. bewearsus

bewearsus Active Member

It’s already been leaked that it’s gonna be a pink whale. Look for the leak.

10. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

It's funny that you keep saying that I'm taking the bait and thinking that it is Ash's but the funny thing here is your the one taking the bait in thinking that is Ilima, look either this turns out to be Ash's Eevee, or it belongs to another main character, or it's a recurring pokemon that is going to travel with the main cast, also no your the one trying to twist things around I never said that all of the main characters's pokemon have to be in front, however you try to argue that oh because Noivern is in the back is a main character that proves that Mega Sceptile is position is not relevant and so it's comparable to Eevee, which isn't true no matter how you try to argue it that's not the case.

The point is when they put a pokemon in front of Ash it winds up meaning that the pokemon will show up in almost every single episode of the arc and some times that pokemon winds up playing a important role, basically look at the other SM poster the first one had Litten and Popplio in front which wound up joining the main cast, while the second poster had Nebby up front and if you notice Nebby was in every single episode of the Aether arc in some form, third SM poster had Poipole on it and what do you know that the vast majority of the episodes had Poipole in them on the main cast.

So using common sense we can safely say that it's not Ilima's Eevee, as it's in front of Ash and no it promoting LGPE is not a good enough reason to put Eevee in front of Ash if it was Ilima, because matter how you try to argue it even if Ilima were to show up more often it wouldn't be every episode often, meaning that if this Eevee, doesn't belong to Ash or another main character then it's going to be a recurring pokemon that no one catches but travels with the main cast so that way they can have it appear in every episode after it shows up and starts traveling with them to promote LGPE, where if it was with Ilima even if he were to show up more often it wouldn't be appearing as often as every episode as Ilima is not a main character.

It's not a case of oh well main cast pokemon can't be in the back it's a case of it's extremely unlikely that they would put a pokemon that wasn't joining the main cast in some form for a certain amount of time in the front.

The only one sitting themselves up for disappointment here is you who as you seem to think this has to Ilima's Eevee, which at the end of the day if the Eevee doesn't belong to any of the main characters then it will mean that it is a recurring pokemon that is going to be traveling with the main characters, and it being a recurring pokemon that is traveling with the main characters is a lot more likely then this Eevee ever being Ilima's Eevee.

I have to point this out but just because some parts of a rumor wind up being true doesn't mean that everything in the rumor is true, so no it's not confirmed that the new pokemon is going to be a pink whale, and most of the rumors that wound up having things that were true also had things that were fake.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  11. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

If Misty and Brock appear without showing off Pokémon that aren’t from OS, I won’t be happy. They really focus too much on promotion of the games sometimes with this series. There’s just too much focus on generation one, I was surprised to see Steelix and Crobat last time, but this time it’s different, this time they are promoting a game rather than an anniversary so the chance of Pokémon from other generations have less a chance of appearing.

If they choose to focus on promoting Kanto Pokémon rather than focusing on the characters it will be annoying. It’ll be like they are erasing the development of their team by not showing them, and it really limits who they can have in their team. Brock is limited to practically Geodude and Chansey, whilst Misty has a few more options like Psyduck, Staryu, Horsea, Gyrados, and Starmie. But then there’s opportunities missed out from some Pokémon, like Croagunk’s gag with Brock on the new Nurse Joys, or Misty’s Corsola VS Maerenie, etc. I’d hate to be just stuck with Geodude and Chansey, and not seeing any developments for Misty’s teams.

Ignition and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  12. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I want Ash to get his Charizard if only so maybe they could have him and Kiawe mega evolve their Zards, while it would serve more as likely development for Kiawe i'd still like to see it happen.

and no I don't expect Ash's Charizard to stay permanently either if it happened.

13. yab

yab Well-Known Member

Speaking of that, I'm actually wondering if Ash might reunite his Kanto starters for a brief arc, similar to the end of Johto or Battle Frontier?

Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard usually return to Ash in nostalgia episodes like this. We just saw Bulbasaur this saga, Charizard hasn't appeared since the end of BW, and Squirtle just got a 2 second cameo in the last arc but hasn't appeared properly since the end of AG.

14. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

Its not a leak until its confirmed, so its still fake. That a part of the leak is true, doesn't mean the whole leak is true (Remember the Water Arcanine leak, part of it was true, other part was not).

15. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

That would make three Pokemon on the cast with that attitude.... Pikachu, Shiron, and Eevee. Eevee will most likely evolve, just not until next year. That way they can showcase all of those special moves without making Pikachu learn them. You know they're going to milk Eevee as long as they can, just like in XY.

Still expecting a Popplio evolution whenever they get around to going to Poni
    I don't know why they're taking so long to bring back that Dewpider though, it lives nearby but we haven't seen it since episode whatever.

And Lillie can wait until Mallow catches something. She hasn't captured jack, even Ultra Beasts!

It is obviously Ash's, Eevee is at the forefront with Ash.
    Hau meanwhile is in the back similar to Acerola and Nanu, though he'll likely appear a lot more due to being a rival and living on the center of the universe. Ash is obviously the one that would do a better job at showcasing Eevee stuff, he's the main character!

16. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I don't think Posters mean all that much.

For one thing there's a limited space, and I'm sure appropriate art presentation is also a factor, can't just jam whatever you want together.

The fact of the matter is we've had Ash's Lycanroc be on a poster that was nowhere near Ash, we even have had episodes, with the grouping of the Pokemon not matching their trainer, like I believe Cilan could be seen as having one of Ash's Pokemon because it was grouped up with Cilan's Pokemon (in an episode) when the Pokemon were sent out (at least I think it was Cilan, since I think it was around the Dawn episodes, I think).

So Dartrix (unless there is blurb on the official website about Hau and his Partner Dartrix) could belong to Ash, and Eevee could belong to Hau.

The point is obviously Eevee is going to be front and center regardless of its role since it would be marketing Let's Go Eevee.

That being said I still disagree with it being Ilmia's just because he has an Eevee, if only because it would make no sense to suddenly either give him another Eevee or change the hairstyle of his current Eevee.

So it has to either be Hau's to rival Ash's Pikachu (because of the Let's go games) or yes maybe it would be Ash's.

Evanibble likes this.
  17. IcySealeo

IcySealeo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that Eevee belongs to Hau. He has Eeveelutions in his game team as well, and that look of Eevee kind of fits Hau.

18. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

It's not really a stretch to believe that they would finally choose now to give Ash Eevee. Having the protagonist have the two starters of LGPE makes way too much sense from a marketing perspective

DSDark likes this.
  19. DSDark

DSDark Rockin

It's not confirmed anywhere that pokemon 808 is an eevolution. pokemon 808 will either be a random legend like victini or the grass starter.

However it is widely assumed that the random new pokemon that will be introduced in Let's go will be an eevolution. That new pokemon wouldn't be 808 it'll just some random number. This new eevee in the poster kind of helps that theory along.

20. janejane6178

janejane6178 Well-Known Member

I wish we get to see Brock and Misty's other gen pokemon, and not just gen 1 ones. They do have more Pokemon u know