• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Which can easily be fixed by putting Kiawe/Turtonator or Lana/Popplio on the left.
...but Kiawe and Turtonator are on the right on the original poster, just like how Eevee is on the left of the original one.

nickdt

...but Kiawe and Turtonator are on the right on the original poster, just like how Eevee is on the left of the original one.

Eevee is in the middle in front of Ash. But even then, you can put Hau at the left and Eevee in the front next too Ash and in front of Brock and Misty.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Eevee is in the middle in front of Ash. But even then, you can put Hau at the left and Eevee in the front next too Ash and in front of Brock and Misty.
Eevee is more to the left in the original poster. Ash is the only one who is in the centre. Pikachu is more to the right, but its still with Ash because its already drawn so that its touching Ash. Misty, Brock and Hau being in the middle is clearly because they aren't the main characters like Ash and his classmates are. They were officially put to the left and the right of the logo because they couldn't cover the logo up or put them behind it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I would love to see Mallow join the Eevee club but I highly doubt she will get it. It looks like Ash is going to.

But I wouldn’t be against my girl getting an Eevee.
The reason I highly doubt that Ash is getting the Eevee is because he already has Pikachu, one of the LGPE mascots. Since he has one of the LGPE mascots along with him, I highly doubt that the writers will give him the another mascot of LGPE rather than giving it to someone else.

Red and Blue

The reason I highly doubt that Ash is getting the Eevee is because he already has Pikachu, one of the LGPE mascots. Since he has one of the LGPE mascots along with him, I highly doubt that the writers will give him the another mascot of LGPE rather than giving it to someone else.
Having the protagonist with both of the mascots makes way too much sense. It will get more screentime and battles on Ash's team

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Having the protagonist with both of the mascots makes way too much sense. It will get more screentime and battles on Ash's team
Nah man that'd mean they'd have to shaft Pikachu by some margin in order to balance out the limelight between them, and as a result giving the limelight Pikachu and Eevee both require in this LGPE arc as mascots of LGPE could be problamatic. Furthermore, if Ash does have both of the LGPE mascots in his team then they'd have to direct majority of the focus to those LGPE mascots in order to promote LGPE, and as a result Ash's other Alola mons could totally get the shaft (more importantly Dusk Lycanroc, whom the writers have been developing as Ash's Alolan Ace so far, would suffer, as it would be then hard to give it the necessary more development it needs as Ash's Alolan ace).

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child

I didn’t actually think about that but it does make a lot of sense.

Red and Blue

Nah man that'd mean they'd have to shaft Pikachu by some margin in order to balance out the limelight between them, and as a result giving the limelight Pikachu and Eevee both require in this LGPE arc as mascots of LGPE could be problamatic. Furthermore, if Ash does have both of the LGPE mascots in his team then they'd have to direct majority of the focus to those LGPE mascots in order to promote LGPE, and as a reasult Ash's other Alola mons could totally get the shaft (more importantly Dusk Lycanrox, whom the writers have been developing as Ash's Alolan Ace so far, would suffer, as it would be then hard to give it the necessary more development it needs as Ash's Alolan ace).
Well one or two Pokemon on Ash's team always gets the shaft so it happening here wouldn't be that out of place. Plus since Lycanroc is being built up as the ace Eevee shouldn't take that much attention from it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well one or two Pokemon on Ash's team always gets the shaft so it happening here wouldn't be that out of place. Plus since Lycanroc is being built up as the ace Eevee shouldn't take that much attention from it.
That's it, since Lycanroc is being built up as the ace it pretty much can't get shafted (even though Ash's other Alola mons can). It's mainly because of that reason that having 2 LPGE mascots together in Ash's team becomes really problematic, because then the writers would have to direct the focus mostly on Pikachu and Eevee because of LPGE promotion. So when 2 mons are taking away a lot of spotlight in Ash's team then giving Lycanroc the appropriate ace focus would be extremely difficult. That's why I find it quite unlikely for Ash to catch an Eevee and have 2 LGPE mascots in his team because then due to those 2 mons Ash's potential Alola ace Lycanroc could get the shaft, and that's very unlikely.

Zariful

So anyways if Eevee ends up being on Ash's team, do you think it will get all the three of the elemental moves? Or perhaps different ones? Torracat and Lycanroc both have fighting type moves. Torracat, Pikachu and Rowlet all have normal type moves as well. Though in the case of Shocking Electrify and Flare Burn, those happen to be Pikachu and Torracat's primary types. Though I will say if Eevee does indeed have an arsenal of types, it can use a multitude of z moves as well. Though I do believe that Rowlet is due some focus again as even though Rowlet is the most popular of the three stages. Ash's Rowlet is actually quite smart and useful in battle. We often see its smart thinking and sneak attack battle style. Where it fought against Hala, Laurentis +Castform and Torracat in a sparring match. So if Rowlet's fate is indeed sealed. We can at least prove that it is a better version of Oshawott and Chespin. One of the saddest parts about Chespin is that it didn't get a full moveset. And we saw that Poipole only showed off two moves. Togedemaru, Charjabug and Popplio all currently have full movesets as well.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So anyways if Eevee ends up being on Ash's team, do you think it will get all the three of the elemental moves? Or perhaps different ones? Torracat and Lycanroc both have fighting type moves. Torracat, Pikachu and Rowlet all have normal type moves as well. Though in the case of Shocking Electrify and Flare Burn, those happen to be Pikachu and Torracat's primary types. Though I will say if Eevee does indeed have an arsenal of types, it can use a multitude of z moves as well. Though I do believe that Rowlet is due some focus again as even though Rowlet is the most popular of the three stages. Ash's Rowlet is actually quite smart and useful in battle. We often see its smart thinking and sneak attack battle style. Where it fought against Hala, Laurentis +Castform and Torracat in a sparring match. So if Rowlet's fate is indeed sealed. We can at least prove that it is a better version of Oshawott and Chespin. One of the saddest parts about Chespin is that it didn't get a full moveset. And we saw that Poipole only showed off two moves. Togedemaru, Charjabug and Popplio all currently have full movesets as well.

Oshowatt and chespin should not be put on same level, at least oshowatt got good development, full movesets, multiple gym and league battles in comparison chespin didn't do anything other than being comedic. Chespins fate was sealed when it was given to a third wheel companion who is doomed to stay in background, probably one main reason why starters should always go to either ash or the main girl otherwise they will get the same treatment as mudkip or chespin.

nickdt

Oshowatt and chespin should not be put on same level, at least oshowatt got good development, full movesets, multiple gym and league battles in comparison chespin didn't do anything other than being comedic. Chespins fate was sealed when it was given to a third wheel companion who is doomed to stay in background, probably one main reason why starters should always go to either ash or the main girl otherwise they will get the same treatment as mudkip or chespin.

You adress a problem and then say the starters should go too Ash instead. But thing is: Every time Ash gets three starters, one or 2 get shafted in favor of the other and it also happens when he gets 2. So that is also not the option you are looking for.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
You adress a problem and then say the starters should go too Ash instead. But thing is: Every time Ash gets three starters, one or 2 get shafted in favor of the other and it also happens when he gets 2. So that is also not the option you are looking for.

I said starters should go to either ash and the main girl should get all the 3 starters, besides even if one or two starters got shafted they will still get better treatment and screentime than mudkip and chespin. In kanto all 3 starters were developed and had great personality, in johto again all 3 had better personality same happened in unnova in sinnoh and alola he got 2 starters and they also got good development. Ash's starters are shafted when it comes to battles but pretty much all of them usually gets good development.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That's it, since Lycanroc is being built up as the ace it pretty much can't get shafted (even though Ash's other Alola mons can). It's mainly because of that reason that having 2 LPGE mascots together in Ash's team becomes really problematic, because then the writers would have to direct the focus mostly on Pikachu and Eevee because of LPGE promotion. So when 2 mons are taking away a lot of spotlight in Ash's team then giving Lycanroc the appropriate ace focus would be extremely difficult. That's why I find it quite unlikely for Ash to catch an Eevee and have 2 LGPE mascots in his team because then due to those 2 mons Ash's potential Alola ace Lycanroc could get the shaft, and that's very unlikely.
Yeah. Ash catching Eevee would lead to Pikachu and Eevee getting a ton of screentime to promote LGPE, which would lead to them shafting the other Alola Pokemon (most notably Dusk Lycanroc, who is being built up as the ace and can't be shafted.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
That is always a problem with the Pokemon anime with their own Pokemon getting a shift

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Problem is that lycanroc is getting too build up and Ash's rowlet is not getting not enough screentime that it need

Last edited:

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Another problem is how rowlet is always shafted for just comedy and never really gets explored more on it's character, and litten/torracat is as well with it getting a few episodes dedicated to it, but they happen once in a blue moon.

Last edited:

Evanibble

Nah man that'd mean they'd have to shaft Pikachu by some margin in order to balance out the limelight between them, and as a result giving the limelight Pikachu and Eevee both require in this LGPE arc as mascots of LGPE could be problamatic. Furthermore, if Ash does have both of the LGPE mascots in his team then they'd have to direct majority of the focus to those LGPE mascots in order to promote LGPE, and as a result Ash's other Alola mons could totally get the shaft (more importantly Dusk Lycanroc, whom the writers have been developing as Ash's Alolan Ace so far, would suffer, as it would be then hard to give it the necessary more development it needs as Ash's Alolan ace).

It's not like LGPE promotion is going to go on forever. Pikachu will never be truly shafted since it's Ash's main Pokemon--not even a game's mascot like Eevee can do that, no matter how popular it is. Eevee will probably be the focus for a couple months and then they'll rotate who gets the focus. Lycanroc doesn't need a ton of focus anymore--it's gotten plenty I think. If anything, Eevee would take away from Rowlet, Torracat, and the eventual sixth Pokemon, and even so I don't think that is likely since it's very possible to focus on more than one character at a time.

Let's not act like Ash catching Eevee means everyone will get shafted for eternity.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
The only one that can possibly cause lycanroc to get shafted is if torracat evolves into incineroar and takes the title of ace away from him which possibly can happen which I believe happened in dp to an extent with turtwig and chimchar as turtwig was his main until chimchar came around.

Pikachu - usual mascot 2nd powerhouse of the team
Rowlet- sadly might be the gag Pokemon but might get some better treatment battle wise
Lycanroc- Ace battler
Torracat- backup for lycanroc might take over as ace
Eevee - mascot used for lgpe promo be used alongside Pikachu nd rowlet
Hakammo-o - the glalie/noviern of this region

Status
Not open for further replies.