• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So is 95 really filler though? Because this sounds like an important episode. Ultra guardians, Lusamine and almost anything happening. Doesn't seem that way to me.
People have different ideas for what constitutes a filler. I know for some, if it doesn't have a capture, evolution, new move learned, or isn't a major battle like a gym battle/Trial, then it's a filler.

Zariful

If Charjabug evolves soon, then Popplio could be next up. Something I’m curious about is how Lillie will get her Z Ring. Lana found her sparkling stone. Hapu seems like a good way to give it to her since they have a bond in the games.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
INB4 Greninja will return posts since Ash-Greninja is in Smash
I seriously would rather that happen over Ash's Kanto Pokemon appearing though, they hogged the Pallet Town episode we don't need them hogging the damn League too! One reserve coming back is fine, not multiple. At least the Alola Pokemon could still shine

So is 95 really filler though? Because this sounds like an important episode. Ultra guardians, Lusamine and almost anything happening. Doesn't seem that way to me.

It sure doesn't sound like it; Soph definitely hasn't done anything in quite awhile and his last team change was literally ages ago.
And we're quite due for a team change in general, another reason I'm ticked off at the three upcoming fillers. At least the Pikachu one was fun... Just bring in Eevee already and fill Ash's team back up to 5....
Either Soph is getting Golem(Graveler's too ugly lol) or Charjabug's evolving.... both happening would be cool but I doubt that

Evanibble

If Charjabug evolves soon, then Popplio could be next up. Something I’m curious about is how Lillie will get her Z Ring. Lana found her sparkling stone. Hapu seems like a good way to give it to her since they have a bond in the games.

That would work, but it's also likely Lillie could get her Z-ring at the very end, sort of as a "graduation" from school.

nickdt

INB4 Greninja will return posts since Ash-Greninja is in Smash
I seriously would rather that happen over Ash's Kanto Pokemon appearing though, they hogged the Pallet Town episode we don't need them hogging the damn League too! One reserve coming back is fine, not multiple. At least the Alola Pokemon could still shinet

TBH, only Bulbasaur has hogged the Pallet Town Episode, since Tauros and Muk only appeared for one scene time, while Kingler didn't even appear at all, so your argument is a little flawed here.

The problem with Greninja returning is this: The writers cannot afford to make him a fall guy in favor of the regionals, especially if they aren't fully evolved, while its not the case with his Kanto mons, except for Charizard, so Greninja would hog the league even more than the Kanto Pokemon will do.

This is the exact problem the Sinnoh league also had: The regionals got exactly one battle each, with Staraptor and Gible getting 2 and Staraptor didn't even star in the battle it was in without the regionals, since that was Heracross and Gible was the fall guy against Tobias in favor of Sceptile, despite being a regional.

For Torterra, Gliscor and Buizel it was even worse, since they were in a battle which was being hogged by Infernape (Which was fine, since Infernape was also a regional).

Last edited:

Zariful

To be honest the league usually shafts at least one member of the team. For Kalos, Goodra and Noivern got no wins. Unova, if you weren’t Pikachu, Pignite or Krookodile, you got shafted. Sinnoh, Torterra got no wins. Torkoal got the least amount of wins in Hoenn. Totodile, Heracross and Bayleef all got wins. I think Phanphy got a win as well. I think Pikachu, Charizard, Kingler, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Muk got a win. Did Pidgeotto even battle ? Just humor me for a moment. If Gladion, Hau, Illima and Masked Royal are all in the league. And say Ash is the one that gets Eevee. Each of Ash’s Pokémon can have their own personal rival and get a personal win in the league. I could see Ash’s potential Eevee evolving in a battle with Illima’s Eevee.

nickdt

To be honest the league usually shafts at least one member of the team. For Kalos, Goodra and Noivern got no wins. Unova, if you weren’t Pikachu, Pignite or Krookodile, you got shafted. Sinnoh, Torterra got no wins. Torkoal got the least amount of wins in Hoenn. Totodile, Heracross and Bayleef all got wins. I think Phanphy got a win as well. I think Pikachu, Charizard, Kingler, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Muk got a win. Did Pidgeotto even battle ? Just humor me for a moment. If Gladion, Hau, Illima and Masked Royal are all in the league. And say Ash is the one that gets Eevee. Each of Ash’s Pokémon can have their own personal rival and get a personal win in the league. I could see Ash’s potential Eevee evolving in a battle with Illima’s Eevee.

Its fine if a Pokemon gets shafted in the league if its done by its own regionals.

Also: It seems like they don't do 2 of the same Pokemon face off in battle since gen 4 anymore, since that gets confusing unless one of them is shiny.

Zariful

Its fine if a Pokemon gets shafted in the league if its done by its own regionals.

Also: It seems like they don't do 2 of the same Pokemon face off in battle since gen 4 anymore, since that gets confusing unless one of them is shiny.
Ash's potential Eevee has a different hairstyle though. As does Ash's Lycanroc. with its different form.

nickdt

Ash's potential Eevee has a different hairstyle though. As does Ash's Lycanroc. with its different form.

Lol. Forgot about Eevee.

Different form is same as shiny when paired against same Pokemon.

Red and Blue

It is interesting that all of Ash's potential rivals owns a Pokemon belonging to him(Hau, Kukui, Gladion, possibly Ilima). Makes me think Pikachu will take on a league opponent with Alolan Raichu. They still need fo show of the Z move.

DatsRight

It sure doesn't sound like it; Soph definitely hasn't done anything in quite awhile and his last team change was literally ages ago.
And we're quite due for a team change in general, another reason I'm ticked off at the three upcoming fillers. At least the Pikachu one was fun... Just bring in Eevee already and fill Ash's team back up to 5....
Either Soph is getting Golem(Graveler's too ugly lol) or Charjabug's evolving.... both happening would be cool but I doubt that

I'd like one of Sophocles' Pokemon to get a new move or some boost in relevance. Seriously Togedemaru needs at least ONE new move. Getting a Geodude line would be cool, I wouldn't be too bummed if he didn't get it, at least he's got his two games signatures.

It would be interesting if he got a fully evolved Golem and it granted him the same development Iris got from Dragonite. Maybe not have it unruly and disobedient per se, but Sophocles, who isn't used to battling and powerhouses, having problems adjusting to the big lug.

Vikavolt would be interesting, but I hope it wouldn't genericify Charjabug. Mallow evolved her Pokemon and it hasn't exactly amped up her limelight and development anyway.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Togedemaru has been using the same move the entire series, it gave him a deus ex machina against milotic back then

DatsRight

Togedemaru has been using the same move the entire series, it gave him a deus ex machina against milotic back then

Meh, none of Lusamine's Pokemon put up a remote fight. Sophocles at least had a numbers advantage.

The sad thing is that Sophocles' team, in spite of being stagnant, are still probably more memorable than any of the girls' Pokemon right now. While they have limited attack sets, they still tend to keep finding more ways to stick out through quirks and odd resource (eg. Charjabug calling some Grubbins for help, or turning Togedemaru's Zing Zag into a makeshift Electro Web, multiple times Togedemaru uses her ball physique or her Lightning Rod ability). Plus while the girls' Pokemon don't really gain developed chemistries that last more than one episode with anyone but their trainers, Togedemaru at least has her bonds with Pikachu and Charjabug to make her feel more like an actual character.

Tsareena is fully evolved, and yet Mallow's episodes rarely develop her agenda, and her Pokemon is rarely put to use outside beating up a few jobbers, while it's easy to forget Lana even has a Z Ring given how little Popplio makes use of it. Snowy does somewhat better, but still the lack of new phases or interactions does make her a bit bland sometimes.

Zariful

It is interesting that all of Ash's potential rivals owns a Pokemon belonging to him(Hau, Kukui, Gladion, possibly Ilima). Makes me think Pikachu will take on a league opponent with Alolan Raichu. They still need fo show of the Z move.
There was that Alolan Raichu on that promotional picture with a bunch of other pokemon way back when. I always figured that Hau would have Alolan Raichu as well cause he uses them in the games.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I saw those four pictures posted on Twitter (Ash, Hau, TR and Stufful, Eevee and Houndor) and got me thinking. Since TR are in their Aether Grunts outfits, can that Stufful be the one that appeared back in SM44 and SM46??

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There was that Alolan Raichu on that promotional picture with a bunch of other pokemon way back when. I always figured that Hau would have Alolan Raichu as well cause he uses them in the games.
It's practically his signature Pokemon. I believe that he will use Alolan Raichu and showcase Stoked SparkSurfer.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I saw those four pictures posted on Twitter (Ash, Hau, TR and Stufful, Eevee and Houndor) and got me thinking. Since TR are in their Aether Grunts outfits, can that Stufful be the one that appeared back in SM44 and SM46??
Maybe it could be that Stufful. But it would be weird for it to not have major appearances from then on until now. I guess Team Rocket will then start to take care of it.

Zariful

Maybe it could be that Stufful. But it would be weird for it to not have major appearances from then on until now. I guess Team Rocket will then start to take care of it.
Ash’s Krookodile had a pretty big absence after one of its appearances was in an unaired epsiode.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ash’s Krookodile had a pretty big absence after one of its appearances was in an unaired epsiode.
But it wouldn't be as weird if they would have wanted to prioritise Poipole and the Necrozma arc back then. But at least it's great that it's starting to get more of an appearance again and I expect more opportunities for development.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
I could see Ash’s potential Eevee evolving in a battle with Illima’s Eevee.

I'm still not sure what Eievui evolving would accomplish when it would make far more sense to keep it un-evolved given that it's a video game box cover mascot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.