• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wonder what Z Crystal Hapu will give Ash? He doesn't have much use for the Groundium Z.

All of his Pokémon except Rowlet (in the possibility of Torracat evolving) can learn Ground Type moves ironically so it's a possibility they learn one. Stomping Tantrum fits Lycanroc.

Zariful

I wonder what Z Crystal Hapu will give Ash? He doesn't have much use for the Groundium Z.
It's kind of saddening to think about that Ash hasn't gotten most of the crystals that he should have gotten. Like if Ash got the Fightium Z, he could have used it with Lycanroc and Torracat later on. Especially cause Marenie can use the dark z move.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

Previously there wasn't used to be a big gap between 8th Gym & The League. So I think the last trial will be completed just barely 2-3 episodes prior to league,if they follow the same suit.

ShadowForce720

Previously there wasn't used to be a big gap between 8th Gym & The League. So I think the last trial will be completed just barely 2-3 episodes prior to league,if they follow the same suit.

Tell that to the BW and AG series considering AG about 13 episodes between the 8th gym and the Hoenn league, and BW had about 18 episodes between the 8th gym and the Sinnoh League, so it's not really a safe thing to presume that the final Grand Trail will be 2-3 episodes prior to the Alolan League especially since it could easily have a bigger gap between them.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Tell that to the BW and AG series considering AG about 13 episodes between the 8th gym and the Hoenn league, and BW had about 18 episodes between the 8th gym and the Sinnoh League, so it's not really a safe thing to presume that the final Grand Trail will be 2-3 episodes prior to the Alolan League especially since it could easily have a bigger gap between them.

I doubt the gap will be all that long, though, since we do have Generation 8 coming up some time next year and we already know of several episode titles in advance. The only way I see a gap between the Poni Trials and the League is if the Poni Trials start in Episode 96 and there won't be a post-League arc with Team (Rainbow) Rocket and/or Ultra Necrozma. I could see a small arc before the League dedicated to setting up the League bringing in the competitors before the battling takes place, though, since this will be the first Alola League competition.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
To be honest, I fear that Poni Island will be skipped.

I hope it isn't, and I want Satoshi to capture something when/if he visits the island since that's likely the last place he'll visit before the Alola League, and he needs a full team.

nickdt

To be honest, I fear that Poni Island will be skipped. But I hope Hau and Gladion set Ash battle spirit "on" again. And there isnt so much news on the League yet, it has to be built yet, how will they do that?

If Poni is gonna be skipped, then what was the point in introducing Mina????????

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why would Poni Island be skipped? I can't see that happening unless it was like BW where the sequel games changed some things, which didn't really happen in USUM if were talking about the Island Trials.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Lol why would he skip an entire island challenge when it is important in both new games, especially now that the mina has already debuted and there is plenty of time still remaining.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
If Poni is gonna be skipped, then what was the point in introducing Mina????????

Uh, was Poni mentioned in Mina's episode? I don't remember it.

Regardless, Mina's appearance had nothing to do with Poni (nor is it required, honestly), though that could change if they ever visit Seafolk Village proper.

And they already brought up Poni's Kahuna troubles, so it's not like they haven't set anything up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Uh, was Poni mentioned in Mina's episode? I don't remember it.
I don’t think it was mentioned at all.

I don’t think Ash had a capture outside of Melemele and perhaps a capture from Poni Island can be used to surprise his classmates.

Red and Blue

I don’t think it was mentioned at all.

I don’t think Ash had a capture outside of Melemele and perhaps a capture from Poni Island can be used to surprise his classmates.
Poni Island would decide if he catches Jangmo-O or not.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The only team changes for the main cast that weren't on Melemele were Kiawe's Marowak and Ash evolving Rockruff + releasing Poipole

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Poni Island would decide if he catches Jangmo-O or not.
Not necessarily but it’s definitely likely. Totem Kommo-o was seen at Vast Poni Canyon so why not.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I was just wondering, would it still be theoretically possible for Ash to catch Araquanid? I know there's probably factors against it, but no member of the main cast has met one yet after all. I think it gets passed over in a lot of the options recaps for Jangmo-o, but I really don't think Ash needs another pseudo-legend already. He could use another Bug-type.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was just wondering, would it still be theoretically possible for Ash to catch Araquanid? I know there's probably factors against it, but no member of the main cast has met one yet after all.
It should be possible for Ash to get one in theory because there’s nothing that would prevent him from getting one. However I think it’s unlikely he’ll get one and I think Lana is the most likely to get one.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Damn no posts in like three days, that's how you know speculation is bleak xD.

Red and Blue

Not really much to speculate until we get new episode titles and merchandise. All of the Gen 7 Pokemon save four have already debuted.

Zariful

Do we have any further news on the episode where Ash and Hau first battle? Also out of curiosity for the opening sequence. Ash’s Poipole hangs out with the crew before leaving. Do you think if Ash catches Eevee or gets an evolution, that that part of the sequence will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.