• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Ash's primeape is apparently still wrestling according to the movie it's next fight is on March 6 (look on the poster next to Jigglypuff) in detective pikachu

OMG, maybe Primeape is the sixth slot on his team (Which will not take development away from the regional group, since he needs it himself also).

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
as a Blue/Leaf fan and the Luckyshipper ......i went that happening so badly ! ! ! I hoped that will be happened in the Pokemon anime in near future!

I was dissappointed when leaf didn't had her cameo during kanto remakes something lyra got that in DP, i would definitely like leaf to had her cameo in SM.

Kintaro

Banned
This was exactly my worry when the Sun and Moon games were introduced, and we were told gyms were being replaced with "trials". I said then, this is going to be terrible for Anime pacing. Then when the show was introduced, and it became clear there was going to be a larger group of "companion" characters, I said back then, I worried about individual development. Here we are with only approximately a year left to go, and both those worries are in full fruition.

The pacing itself is fine, it's a 3 year series and Ash's team is at the same capture rate it's on any previous series at this point. The SM characters have only a few pokemon each but their pokemon are still utilized better than characters like OS-era Misty/Brock who had a lot of pokemon but most of them didn't do much or matter.

Zariful

We still need somehow to introduce the Raichu Z Crystal. The thing is I don’t know how I’d feel about Hau and Ash battling with Hau having Decidueye and Raichu. Kind of like two rivals for Ash’s Pokemon. Perhaps if Ash and Hau fight early on, they could have a double battle. Rowlet learning sucker punch could be helpful

kickachu

Momentai!
I was thinking since ash has a good chance in getting eevee I think that next generation he could get riolu as in new evolution what you think?

Zariful

I was thinking since ash has a good chance in getting eevee I think that next generation he could get riolu as in new evolution what you think?
I feel like the Riolu ship has long sailed

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Doubt it as fan been wanted him get riolu to lucario long ago .

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
Seeing as how we haven't gotten any sort of hint that riolu is getting a new evolution, I'd say doubtful.

kickachu

Momentai!
Seeing as how we haven't gotten any sort of hint that riolu is getting a new evolution, I'd say doubtful.
but it can be revealed later on remember sylveon before it was a new type just wait and see

Evanibble

but it can be revealed later on remember sylveon before it was a new type just wait and see

That might be jumping the gun a little bit, my dude. There's no evidence (yet) of a Lucario evolution. But, for speculation's sake, I see it as unlikely since Lucario already has a Mega Evolution. Also, the "Will Ash catch Riolu" debate was beat to death during the DP era.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
We still need somehow to introduce the Raichu Z Crystal. The thing is I don’t know how I’d feel about Hau and Ash battling with Hau having Decidueye and Raichu. Kind of like two rivals for Ash’s Pokemon.

Tierno had a Raichu and that never ended up having anything with Ash's Pikachu. Not sure why it has to be different here.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Tierno had a Raichu and that never ended up having anything with Ash's Pikachu. Not sure why it has to be different here.
I think the difference is that Alolan Raichu is commonly associated with Hau, so there is the assumption that Alolan Raichu would replace Dartrix/Decidueye as Hau's ace. Whereas Raichu isn't commonly associated with Tierno.

Mind, there's also the possibility that Stoked Sparksurfer gets skipped over entirely. After all, not every Mega Evolution got shown off. Surely we don't expect every single Z-Move to get shown off too.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

....what?
I don't think any older Pokemon other than Eevee is getting any new evolutions, it'd be nice if they did though... but for Pokemon like Dunsparce and Farfetch'd. Pokemon that need attention.

Decidueye and Rowlet would already be a thing; Raichu's freed up and open.... I'm sure the writers won't pass up a chance to prove Pikachu's 'superiority' over the new Raichu.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think the difference is that Alolan Raichu is commonly associated with Hau, so there is the assumption that Alolan Raichu would replace Dartrix/Decidueye as Hau's ace. Whereas Raichu isn't commonly associated with Tierno.
Blastoise turned out to be Tierno's ace because it's a starter Pokemon. Why does it have to be any different with Hau whose Dartrix is a starter Pokemon?

Mind, there's also the possibility that Stoked Sparksurfer gets skipped over entirely. After all, not every Mega Evolution got shown off. Surely we don't expect every single Z-Move to get shown off too.
Eh, it would be rather dumb to have Hau with a Dartrix and still not show off Stoked Sparksurfer TBH. Why not show it off when there's such a good chance of showing it off?

---------

Regarding my opinion on Eevee, I'll repeat what I said in the SM99 thread:

From what I have seen of this Eevee so far in the segments, I can already pretty much say that I'm definitely not fond of this creature. It seems to be a real drama queen personality wise with the way it acts sort of 'forcedly' cute/comical during all the slapstick moments it's been through. It reminds me a lot about Ash's Oshawott personality wise. I really do hope at this point that Ash doesn't catch this drama queen.

Mostly this saga and in OS...but in respective to this saga, true. But you shouldn't really forget that Pokemon who are personality wise drama queens tend to take away tons of screentime from other Pokemon, remember Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott for example.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It is fine.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Blastoise turned out to be Tierno's ace because it's a starter Pokemon. Why does it have to be any different with Hau whose Dartrix is a starter Pokemon?

Eh, it would be rather dumb to have Hau with a Dartrix and still not show off Stoked Sparksurfer TBH. Why not show it off when there's such a good chance of showing it off?

---------

From what I have seen of this Eevee so far in the segments, I can already pretty much say that I'm definitely not fond of this creature. It seems to be a real drama queen personality wise with the way it acts sort of 'forcedly' cute/comical during all the slapstick moments it's been through. It reminds me a lot about Ash's Oshawott personality wise. I really do hope at this point that Ash doesn't catch this drama queen.

Mostly this saga and in OS...but in respective to this saga, true. But you shouldn't really forget that Pokemon who are personality wise drama queens tend to take away tons of screentime from other Pokemon, remember Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott for example.
Yeah. If Ash gets Eevee, it will steal the spotlight from Ash's other Alolan Pokemon, including Dusk Lycanroc. And, the regional ace never gets shafted.

Master Pikachu 11

---------

Drama queen!? It pretty much has the same personality as Ash. It’s Ash in Pokémon form

Status
Not open for further replies.