• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Welcome to the new edition of the Next Pokémon thread, where you can share your theories on which Pokémon might be caught, evolved or released by the characters starring in the Sun & Moon anime. Of course, you can also speculate what personalities/roles the Pokémon might have.

Please mind the following:

• Don't diss or mock others if their predictions differ from yours. If you think someone's speculation is unlikely to happen, too farfetched or flat-out impossible, you can debate with them, but please stay respectful at all times.
  • If you suspect that someone's trolling, please contact a mod via PM or the report function instead of replying to that person.
  • Please don't use huge and/or animated sprites for your team speculation posts.
  • PLEASE AVOID HUGE WALLS OF TEXT! If your post is very big, please consider using spoiler tags or taking out sprites if you're using any.

Please be considerate to fellow members. Thanks!

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Still feeling Litten and Rowlet as the first two captures, followed by Crabrawler, a water-type, and another wildcard.

Pyumukumu is my #1 hyped pokemon that Ash most likely wont get.

dp045

I wonder if Ash capture 5 pokemon to have a full team or will only have 4-5 during his tour in Alola.
Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten and Pikipek think it would be good for at least the first 20 episodes. After he peude add a wildcard as some of the monkeys or maybe Crabrawler. I do not think you have a complete team because considering that there will be another 5 chaperones shall not think that writers can handle other 9-10 pokémon more.

Red and Blue

Finally.

I'd say Litten is super likely based on the previews. I'm hoping for Pipipek assuming that don't end the Bird tradition in Gen 7

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Ash: Pikachu / Pikipek -> Final Evo Form / Rowlet -> Dartix -> Decidueye (Ace) / Alolan Sandshrew ->Alolan Sandslash / Litten -> Torracat / Wimipod -> Evolution

Kiwawe: Turtonator (Ace) / Alolan Marowak / Mudbray -> Mudsdale / Crabrawler / Some other Pokemon from other gen used against Ash in a 6v6

Mallow: Bounsweet -> Steenee (Ace) / Fomantis / Cutiefly

Lana: Popplio / Pyukumuku -> Evolution (Powerhose) / Sandygast

Sophocles: Togedemaru / Alolan Grimer -> Alolan Muk (Powehouse) / I would put Porygon-Z here, but I can't. So I guess Kling -> Klang -> Klinklang

Lillie: Alolan Vulpix

Jessie: Wobbuffet / Grubbin -> Charjabug -> Vikavolt

James: Mimikyu (comedic relief) / Bewear

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Wonder how many pokemon Ash will catch. There was a bunch of speculation over XY and he only ended up with five (and went home with three :p)

dp045

Wonder how many pokemon Ash will catch. There was a bunch of speculation over XY and he only ended up with five (and went home with three :p)

Maybe this time only capture 4 + Pikachu also for the "empty" position can be occupied by Greninja ... No, I think that at this point do not think Ash get a full team and especially when there are other fives his fellow cons respective partners and others. Just imagine that you can get to a point where between 6 there may be up to 15 pokémon on screen I do not think they can handle either each.

But the truth is that with the school theme does not really make much sense to capture many pokémon Ash if not going to use, so we know. If Ethan could not finish as in Yo-kai Watch where you can use almost all I-kai's but has almost no interactions with them outside the ghost and the cat that

Last edited:

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
All I'm really thinking is Rowlet and Litten. Would love to see Midday Lycanroc on Ash's team as well, that Pokemon was practically made for him.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Currently, I'm thinking:

Ash-

Pikachu
Rowlet>Dartrix>Decidueye
Litten>Torracat>(maybe) Incineroar
Wimpod>Wimpod2
Rockruff>Lycanroc (Midday)
Pikipek>Pikipek2>Pikipek3
Cosmog

Kiawe-

Turtonator
A-Marowak
Salandit2
Mudbrey>Mudsdale (they said something about his family owning a farm, right?)
???
???

Mallow-

Bounsweet>Steenya
Lurantis
Swirlix
(Maybe) Vanillite

Lana-

Popplio>Brionne
Wishiwashi
Some other fish Pokémon (probably Bruxish)

Sophocles-

Togedemaru
Vikavolt
Pikachu>A-Raichu

Rocket-

Wobufett
Meowth
Mimikyu (Jessie)
Bewear(James)

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
For Ash possible captures two things are on my mind:
1. Will the Grubbin he is chasing in the preview be caught by him?
2. Are any Pokemon with exclusive Z-moves possible options for Ash?

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
For Ash possible captures two things are on my mind:
1. Will the Grubbin he is chasing in the preview be caught by him?
2. Are any Pokemon with exclusive Z-moves possible options for Ash?

i mean pikachu has an exclusive z-move so he might use that later down the road

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm thinking Ash might be the only main character to own more than two Pokemon. I honestly can't think of more than two for some, not like we'll see all of them for 3 years anyways.

Ash:
Pikachu
Incineroar
Lycanroc
Wimpod evolution
Kommo-o
Rowlet/Dartrix
Alolan Sandslash
Maybe Passimian?

James:
Mimikyu
Sea Spike Pokemon from TCG art, the Water/Poison looking one

Jessie:
Wobuffet
Vikavolt
Salandit

Lillie:
Alolan Vulpix
Cosmog
Ribombee

Kiawe:
Turtonator
Alolan Marowak

Mallow:
Steenee (I just think it's cuter than Tsareena)
Lurantis

Lana:
Popplio (Oshawott/Chespin vibes)
Pyukumuku

Sophocles(?):
Togedemaru
Alolan Raichu

Recurring- Bewear

ShadowForce720

Well in terms of Ash's team maybe this:

Ash's Alola Team:
Pikachu
Rowlet-->Dartrix-->Decidueye
Rockruff-->Lycanroc(Midday Form/Midnight Form)
Grubbin-->Charjabug-->Vikavolt or Wimpod--> Wimpod's evolution or he winds up catching both.
Alolan Sandshrew-->Alolan Sandslash
Jangmo-o-->Hakamo-o-->Kommo-o

some other options for him could also include Crabrawler and it's evolution, Salandit and it's evolution, Mudbray-->Mudsdale, Pyukumuku or even Minior.

dp045

Here is my prediction:
Pikachu
Pikipek> Evo1> evo2
Litten> Torracat
Rowlet
Crabrawler> evo
*Rotomondex* because it could act as a team member for the convenience of the plot.

The rest could be alone with pokémon that we see on the poster and perhaps an evolution. Maybe Mallow capture other Pokemon.

Team Rocket guess Mimikyu and bewear / anchor pokémon be your options, plus Woobuffet.

phanpycross

God-king
Ash:

* Pikachu
* Decidueye
* Incineroar
* Lycanroc --> (Regional powerhouse)
* Pipikek final evolution
* Crabrawler
I doubt they would give Ash two fully evolved starters and make neither the powerhouse.

I guess I shouldnt be surprised that Lycanroc has Lucario-syndrome.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ash: Pikachu, Rockruff, Rowlet, Whimpod, Litten, Mudbray

Mallow: Bounsweet, Fomantis, Morelull, Cutiefly

Lillie: Cosmog, Alolan Vulpix

Lana: Popplio, Wishiwashi, Bruxish/Pyukumuku, Sandygast/Crabrawler

Sophocles: Togedemaru, Grubbin, Minior

Kiawe: Turtonator, Alolan Marowak, Salandit, Charizard, Jangmo-o, Lycanroc(night)

Jessie and James: Wobbuffet, Bewear, Mimikyu, Yungoos

Red and Blue

If anything I want him to get a new type. I doubt he will get all four remaining types here but one or two would be nice

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
If anything I want him to get a new type. I doubt he will get all four remaining types here but one or two would be nice

He should get Rowlet and fully evolve it into Decidueye. Then he'd get his very first Ghost Type, and the Pokemon seems to fit him rather well.

Status
Not open for further replies.