• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Honestly after seeing Salandit's evolution, I seriously doubt it will go to Ash. If anything I could see it with possibly Jessie.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
More proof to deny that Ash isn't reset. :p

Thank You!

I hope this teaches us not to overreact and that an art style change does not indicate a reset in terms of Ash's battle competency. I'm also looking forward to see more of Lillie's reactions. Hopefully it won't annoy me as much as Tory.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Unfezent was already a decently fast Pokemon they just made it faster like I said,Ash's Noctowl,Pidgeotto and Bayleaf were never shown to be fast movers. Torterra(who they made slower fitting with his speed stats) and Goodra are the only pokemon that count here.And even then they both have similarities in their huge bulky body)and tiny legs in Goodra's case) and defensive playstyle.Did they make Noctowl,Bayleaf,Pidgeotto on par with Talonflame,Greninja,Infernape and Sceptile or did they just make them slightly faster than they should be?

I somehow doubt Decidueye with a base stat of 70 is gonna be shown to be faster than Pokemon like Ash's Greninja,Infernape,Talonflame and Sceptile.They've never done that before

Well in that case Ash is not gonna catch any ghost or steel types in this region.he won't catch any canine/feline Pokemon as well because the writers won't allow him to catch them because they want to keep the pattern.Also Ash's speedy main ace of the region is gonna be Pyukumuku because stats are not an indication of how a Pokemon will end up

Unfezant and Talonflame have a 30 base speed stat difference. You can't say that doesn't count because unfezant is a 'speedy' mon. So all speedy pokemon have the exact same speed in the anime because they're 'speedy pokemon'?? What happened to game stats being so real in the anime?
I also never claimed that Decidueye would be on par with Greninja. You are seeing things on that part. I said Decidueye will be a speedy attacker (you can be a speedy attacker from a range with quills which he shoots out very quickly and jumps.

Actually you should read the description from the sun and moon website which tends to actually play a much bigger role in the anime than game stats do.

"This Pokémon is able to move about while completely masking its presence from others. Once an opponent has lost sight of it, Decidueye seizes the chance to attack it unawares. In a tenth of a second, Decidueye plucks an arrow quill from within its wing and sends its hurtling toward its target. Its speed is astonishing, but not more so than its precise aim, which enables the arrow quill to pierce a target through and through from half a mile or more away! Decidueye usually acts very cool, but it can become terribly flustered in unexpected situations like a surprise attack.

A skilled Decidueye can boast acrobatic curved shots. It seems some are also able to shoot arrows that reach up through the sky, only to come drilling down from above, piercing multiple targets one after another.

Spirit Shackle is a Ghost-type physical move that only Decidueye can learn. An opponent hit with this move will become unable to flee from battle or switch out for an ally."

I personally don't believe you are reading what I am posting... or you just aren't understanding it.
I just said I wasn't arguing for the pattern so that last part is unnecessary.

Also just to add to your last part.... I take dex entries over game stats. So no your point about pyukumuku is just you being silly.

"Due to their appearance and their lifestyle, Pyukumuku are considered unappealing to tourists. Part-time work chucking Pyukumuku back into the sea is available at tourist beaches. But no matter how far they’re thrown, Pyukumuku will always return to the same spot.

Once a Pyukumuku finds a place it likes, it won’t budge from it. If someone moves it away, back it comes to the same spot. If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, it’ll stay there—and starve. The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku.

Pyukumuku are covered with a slippery, viscous fluid that has a moisturizing effect. Pyukumuku can stay on land for a week without drying out. The people of Alola use this fluid for skincare products.

Pyukumuku hate to have their spikes and mouths touched, and if you step on one, it will hurl out its fist-like inner organs to strike at you.

Pyukumuku has a new Ability, Innards Out, which no other Pokémon has had before. With the Innards Out Ability, when this Pokémon faints, it will be able to deal one last bit of damage to its opponent, equal to the amount of HP it had left before it received the final blow."

So due to the bolded part, no I don't think it'll be a speedy attacker.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Thank You!

I hope this teaches us not to overreact and that an art style change does not indicate a reset in terms of Ash's battle competency. I'm also looking forward to see more of Lillie's reactions. Hopefully it won't annoy me as much as Tory.
Queen Lillie won't be annoying. She'll be constantly frightened by Pokémon if they're close to her but she's definitely not some snobby know it all with a gag that won't amount to anything. She'll be quite the interesting character. I can't wait for her interactions with Mao chan and Ash. I know they'll be best friends. X3

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Queen Lillie won't be annoying. She'll be constantly frightened by Pokémon if they're close to her but she's definitely not some snobby know it all with a gag that won't amount to anything. She'll be quite the interesting character. I can't wait for her interactions with Mao chan and Ash. I know they'll be best friends. X3

if this seriously is a harem, I just hope to Arceus they don't have that annoying girl who wants ALL of Ash's attention and then has tantrums if he does a single she doesn't like. I HAAAAATE those characters and they ruin animes for me, but they seem to be in EVERY harem anime and they always end up getting the guy at the end.

The harem part is a joke though... right guys??

ShadowForce720

You know I have to wonder if there going to do the order of the captures similar to X&Y and by that I don't mean the amount of pokemon Ash catches I mean the order in which he catches them, so I wonder if it will be like X&Y where he will get them in order of their Dex number or if they will have to be similar to other regions where he catches them in a random order.

satopi

if this seriously is a harem, I just hope to Arceus they don't have that annoying girl who wants ALL of Ash's attention and then has tantrums if he does a single she doesn't like. I HAAAAATE those characters and they ruin animes for me, but they seem to be in EVERY harem anime and they always end up getting the guy at the end.

The harem part is a joke though... right guys??
The harem part is a joke and I'm sure Lillie won't be "that character". ^^ Although I do think that Togedemaru won't leave Pikachu alone.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The harem part is a joke and I'm sure Lillie won't be "that character". ^^ Although I do think that Togedemaru won't leave Pikachu alone.

that's good news about it being a joke! (side note, do you know what kind of character I am talking about though? I want to know what they're referred to so I can avoid them easier)

lol Togedemaru and Pikachu ship! It'd be cute honestly if pikachu found a love :D

Captain America X

Unfezant and Talonflame have a 30 base speed stat difference. You can't say that doesn't count because unfezant is a 'speedy' mon. So all speedy pokemon have the exact same speed in the anime because they're 'speedy pokemon'?? What happened to game stats being so real in the anime?
I also never claimed that Decidueye would be on par with Greninja. You are seeing things on that part. I said Decidueye will be a speedy attacker (you can be a speedy attacker from a range with quills which he shoots out very quickly and jumps.

Actually you should read the description from the sun and moon website which tends to actually play a much bigger role in the anime than game stats do.

"This Pokémon is able to move about while completely masking its presence from others. Once an opponent has lost sight of it, Decidueye seizes the chance to attack it unawares. In a tenth of a second, Decidueye plucks an arrow quill from within its wing and sends its hurtling toward its target. Its speed is astonishing, but not more so than its precise aim, which enables the arrow quill to pierce a target through and through from half a mile or more away! Decidueye usually acts very cool, but it can become terribly flustered in unexpected situations like a surprise attack.

A skilled Decidueye can boast acrobatic curved shots. It seems some are also able to shoot arrows that reach up through the sky, only to come drilling down from above, piercing multiple targets one after another.

Spirit Shackle is a Ghost-type physical move that only Decidueye can learn. An opponent hit with this move will become unable to flee from battle or switch out for an ally."

I personally don't believe you are reading what I am posting... or you just aren't understanding it.
I just said I wasn't arguing for the pattern so that last part is unnecessary.

Also just to add to your last part.... I take dex entries over game stats. So no your point about pyukumuku is just you being silly.

"Due to their appearance and their lifestyle, Pyukumuku are considered unappealing to tourists. Part-time work chucking Pyukumuku back into the sea is available at tourist beaches. But no matter how far they’re thrown, Pyukumuku will always return to the same spot.

Once a Pyukumuku finds a place it likes, it won’t budge from it. If someone moves it away, back it comes to the same spot. If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, it’ll stay there—and starve. The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku.

Pyukumuku are covered with a slippery, viscous fluid that has a moisturizing effect. Pyukumuku can stay on land for a week without drying out. The people of Alola use this fluid for skincare products.

Pyukumuku hate to have their spikes and mouths touched, and if you step on one, it will hurl out its fist-like inner organs to strike at you.

Pyukumuku has a new Ability, Innards Out, which no other Pokémon has had before. With the Innards Out Ability, when this Pokémon faints, it will be able to deal one last bit of damage to its opponent, equal to the amount of HP it had left before it received the final blow."

So due to the bolded part, no I don't think it'll be a speedy attacker.

You say that I am not reading what you posting but did you not read what I posted lol. I said they have made fast pokemon faster,and slow pokemon slower.They have however very rarely made fast pokemon very slow and slow Pokemon very fast.So yes while the anime does exaggerate a Pokemon speed stats they have however not completely ignored it .So yes they have made a fast Pokemon like Unfezent a lot faster in the anime.They have rarely done extremes.

And I have read all the descriptions...
A
lso you do realize I was talking about movement speed right?I know Decidueye attacks fast,but he will not be a speedy,nimble and agile pokemon like Sceptile/Talonflame/Greninja/Infernape who prioritize speedy movements.So people expecting Decidueye to be the next Greninja like Pokemon are gonna be dissapointed.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
that's good news about it being a joke! (side note, do you know what kind of character I am talking about though? I want to know what they're referred to so I can avoid them easier)

lol Togedemaru and Pikachu ship! It'd be cute honestly if pikachu found a love :D

Jokes if Togedemaru is a yandere, but they'll never do that because this is a kids show.

satopi

Uh... ask U.N. Owen, he seems to know his stuff on tropes. ^^ Or anyone else who's an expert on tropes. That user's name just pops up first in my head... And I never really watched harem anime before.

Well, they're rivals. I meant that Togedemaru is so excited to see another Electric type small guy since it hasn't seen one before. And to compete against him. I really don't want us to get another Buneary lol.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
You say that I am not reading what you posting but did you not read what I posted lol. I said they have made fast pokemon faster,and slow pokemon slower.They have however very rarely made fast pokemon very slow and slow Pokemon very fast.So yes while the anime does exaggerate a Pokemon speed stats they have however not completely ignored it .So yes they have made a fast Pokemon like Unfezent a lot faster in the anime.They have rarely done extremes.

And I have read all the descriptions...
A
lso you do realize I was talking about movement speed right?I know Decidueye attacks fast,but he will not be a speedy,nimble and agile pokemon like Sceptile/Talonflame/Greninja/Infernape who prioritize speedy movements.So people expecting Decidueye to be the next Greninja like Pokemon are gonna be dissapointed.

Never said pokemon stats differ that extremely from game to anime. Obviously a pokemon's main attributes are going to stay the same, but its common knowledge that game stats do not equal the anime. You stated that I was wrong that game stats do not equal anime stats then decided to go on about how unfezant and talonflame can have the same speed because they're both speedy mons, even with a 30 base speed difference. What do you think it is, game stats = anime stats or game stats do not equal anime stats. Because you can't go inbetween and say well they're not exact but they do follow most part. That puts you in the game stats does not equal anime stats party, sorry to say. I was never talking about if the anime makes pokemon slow when speed is their highest stat.

Yes I realize what you're talking about, and if Decidueye can move from treebranches without being noticed, I'm sure he'll be decently speedy in the anime. I never said it was going to be on par with Greninja. Again, not sure where I said that. I'm sure it'll be as quick as Ash's pidgeotto was, which I would quality speedy enough. Not sure if speedy attacker has to mean that you're as fast as Greninja. But now I know your definition of speedy attacker, thankyou.

Uh... ask U.N. Owen, he seems to know his stuff on tropes. ^^ Or anyone else who's an expert on tropes. That user's name just pops up first in my head... And I never really watched harem anime before.

Well, they're rivals. I meant that Togedemaru is so excited to see another Electric type small guy since it hasn't seen one before. And to compete against him. I really don't want us to get another Buneary lol.

lol i'd rather pikachu fell in love instead of someone falling for it. It's as bad as shipping for Ash imo. I'd rather Ash like someone else :p I think right above I was told it's a yandere so I'll check that out!

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
lol i'd rather pikachu fell in love instead of someone falling for it. It's as bad as shipping for Ash imo. I'd rather Ash like someone else :p I think right above I was told it's a yandere so I'll check that out!

No, definetely not yandere! They're waaaay too crazy.

What sort of character were you thinking about?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
No, definetely not yandere! They're waaaay too crazy.

What sort of character were you thinking about?

Yep it was denitely yandere after looking it up.

I always think of an anime about element users, and there's a wind user who got his magic from a wind deity, but he came from a fire family and was kicked out for sucking (something along the lines). And the main girl with a sword is so annoying, and she loves the wind user who also her cousin. Sorry for this all being off topic. To bring it back to pokemon, that's what i don't want in it. but as you said earlier definitely not mature of a rating enough for yandere eitherway so I am happy :D
But I agree with you that it is definitely not mature enough for it!

I am so for no ships

satopi

Togedemaru can pinch Pikachu with its prickly spikes in the name of all cute & cuddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.