• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
You're very good in mathematics(jk). No idea about Ash's final team in Alola, but yes, I want him to catch a Midday Lysanroc, a speedy Pokemon.

Pikachu, Decidueye(speedy and tank, ) and Lycanroc will be his speedy Pokemon. Rest of them: half attackers-tanks, some low speed etc.
And I am not wasting my time on calculating accurate percentage LOL. This is not DBZ power levels

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Pikachu, Decidueye(speedy and tank, ) and Lycanroc will be his speedy Pokemon. Rest of them: half attackers-tanks, some low speed etc.
And I am not wasting my time on calculating accurate percentage LOL. This is not DBZ power levels

Well, I doubt about the Jangmo-o line. I don't think that it suits Ash that much. Crabawler- maybe, as the next Corphish.

CMButch

Well, I doubt about the Jangmo-o line. I don't think that it suits Ash that much. Crabawler- maybe, as the next Corphish.

He could be next Gible, though. Just in this case he evolves once. I don't think Ash will be left with only six Pokemon this region. They have to satisfy Kalos' big downgrade.So, either 7 or 8. 7 is more possible.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
He could be next Gible, though. Just in this case he evolves once. I don't think Ash will be left with only six Pokemon this region. They have to satisfy Kalos' big downgrade.So, either 7 or 8. 7 is more possible.

Well, in Kalos, most of his Pokemon were fully evolved, that's why he had less Pokemon. But his team was really strong. But bringing 3 Pokemon to Oak's lab I think was really poor. Anyway, we don't know that if there will be a League in Alola having the 6 on 6 battle format. So I'm not too sure about Ash catching too many Pokemon in SM.

CMButch

Well, in Kalos, most of his Pokemon were fully evolved, that's why he had less Pokemon. But his team was really strong. But bringing 3 Pokemon to Oak's lab I think was really poor. Anyway, we don't know that if there will be a League in Alola having the 6 on 6 battle format. So I'm not too sure about Ash catching too many Pokemon in SM.

Fully evolved=/= less Pokemon.He could've easily captured Trevenant and Avalugg to justify Goodra's departure( talking prior the league)
Or just Avalugg or Trevenant. Why? Remember Fletchinder-Moltres and Noibat-Zapdos? Where is Articuno? Like Bergmite-Articuno? SMH. That's why Ash needs to catch 6-7 Alolan Pokemon to satisfy himself from Kalos.
Every league has 6 vs 6 format(some of them are like Kalos, some like Hoenn). Even if this league only has champion vs ??? ( like Orange Islands)Ash still needs 6 Pokemon.
I think this league will justify Unova league. So, 128 people: 1 vs 1
64-16: 3 vs 3( 2 vs 2 in Unova were do forced,except Top 16)
Top 8 -final: 6 vs 6

IMO:
/-replacements, *-potential but unlikely.

Ash's the strongest Pokemon in Alola:

Decidueye=Incineroar>Pikachu>Vikavolt/Golisopod>Lycanroc(Midday/Midnight)>Toucannon*>Hakamo-o>>Crabrawler/Passimian

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Fully evolved=/= less Pokemon.He could've easily captured Trevenant and Avalugg to justify Goodra's departure( talking prior the league)
Or just Avalugg or Trevenant. Why? Remember Fletchinder-Moltres and Noibat-Zapdos? Where is Articuno? Like Bergmite-Articuno? SMH. That's why Ash needs to catch 6-7 Alolan Pokemon to satisfy himself from Kalos.
Every league has 6 vs 6 format(some of them are like Kalos, some like Hoenn). Even if this league only has champion vs ??? ( like Orange Islands)Ash still needs 6 Pokemon.
I think this league will justify Unova league. So, 128 people: 1 vs 1
64-16: 3 vs 3( 2 vs 2 in Unova were do forced,except Top 16)
Top 8 -final: 6 vs 6

Well I think he should have definitely caught the Skrelp which appeared in the anime and it should've evolved into Dragalge and he should've caught the shiny Phantump as well in Kalos. Anyway, we don't have any idea about the Leagues, but who knows, maybe Greninja will come back and participate in the League? Ash-Greninja is in the SM games after all.

snorlax512

BW sucked he caught so many Pokemon that many didn't evolve or have sufficient development. Boldore and Palpitoad might as well have stayed at Oak's lab.

diakyu

Very shocked to see people suprised that Mimikyu went to Jessie. Bewear is obviously meant for James since it's a revival of his old gag with his pokemon.

CMButch

Well I think he should have definitely caught the Skrelp which appeared in the anime and it should've evolved into Dragalge and he should've caught the shiny Phantump as well in Kalos. Anyway, we don't have any idea about the Leagues, but who knows, maybe Greninja will come back and participate in the League? Ash-Greninja is in the SM games after all.

Greninja can 1) return with Zygarde to help Ash with UB's
2) return only for a league.
I am leaning more with 1 than 2, TBH.

BW sucked he caught so many Pokemon that many didn't evolve or have sufficient development. Boldore and Palpitoad might as well have stayed at Oak's lab.
IMO, BW was pretty decent.That's the writers' problem. More Pokemon = better series if handled well. Ash's all 9 Pokemon could've easily evolve.
Plus, I am saying that he could have 6-7( 6 is more likely now) Alola's Pokemon. He had like 9 Unova Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I don't know how you are so sure because a failed capture by Ash hasn't been captured by him in another episode. Well the patterns can be broken but you can't be so sure about it.

Well consider that Grubbin is starting to appear in multiple episodes and considering this is the 2nd time Ash tried to capture Grubbin, but failed and Grubbin was being shown off as being relatively strong I think there is a real good chance that Ash will catch Grubbin. Also just look at Sandile/Krokorok for instance it kept following Ash and appearing multiple captures and even though Ash for a while kept failing at getting it because it would accidently get blasted away Ash still wound up getting it eventually.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Also, the fact that we've seen the entire Pikipek line this early makes me think Ash won't get one.

I don't think that matters much. If I recall correctly we saw Starly and Staraptor in the first episode of DP. As we have seen beforeAsh doesn't necessarily debut the regional birds. Just last gen Fletchinder appeared in the Battle Chateau and Talonflame in the Sky Battle episode.

I think the only evolutions Ash debuted was female Unfezant and Staravia if I recall correctly.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Greninja can 1) return with Zygarde to help Ash with UB's
2) return only for a league.
I am leaning more with 1 than 2, TBH.

Well, I actually want to see more of Ash-Greninja honestly. If Ash doesn't catch a Water type in Alola, maybe he can later fill up the spot.

Well consider that Grubbin is starting to appear in multiple episodes and considering this is the 2nd time Ash tried to capture Grubbin, but failed and Grubbin was being shown off as being relatively strong I think there is a real good chance that Ash will catch Grubbin

Well you were also denying the fact that Rowlet would be Ash's first capture in Alola and thought that Ash was going to catch Grubbin before Rowlet, but you were proved wrong, right?

Last edited:

ash17

I think that Greninja will return too. But that won't happen until The end of 2018 as soon.
Rowlett line, Littlen line, Day Lycanroc, Vikavolt, Jangmoo-o/Crabawler, Toucannon +Greninja sounds great.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
you forgot to mention the sandwich it took was from Ash haha

Yeah, I don't think I saw that shot, or I just didn't remember it, until now.

At this point I'm wondering how anyone is going to justify Ash still not getting Litten.

I mean Ash is LITERALLY the ONLY character interacting with it, but for whatever reason it'll end up with someone else?

Sure, if anyone is going to get it, Ash seems to be the only character that makes sense, since no one else has interacted with it, but if it doesn't get caught, then it could always be a recurring Pokemon, which is a possibility, but I think Ash will get it at some point. It's not like Ash has spent more than 20 seconds with it. It's only appearances after it attacked Ash was it walking through the Pokemon School's campus and being fed by some old lady. And with Pokemon that end up getting caught, they at least have some valuable appearances before they do, but Litten hasn't yet, until the episode where it steals Ash's sandwich. But still, I'm sure Ash will most likely get it, although I just find it's appearances so far to be quite random.

Captain America X

Or maybe Kalos " big downgrade" was because Ash caught way too many pokemon in Unova.Also considering how little Pokemon there are in Alola and Kalos compared to Unova it makes sense that Ash does not catch many Pokemon.

Also the more pokemon caught the more wasted spots there generally are so no point catching more than neccessary just for the sake of it.

ShadowForce720

Well, I actually want to see more of Ash-Greninja honestly. If Ash doesn't catch a Water type in Alola, maybe he can later fill up the spot.

Well you were also denying the fact that Rowlet would be Ash's first capture in Alola and Ash was going to catch Grubbin before Rowlet, but you were proved wrong, right?

Actually your wrong there, I never said that it was impossible for Ash to get Rowlet first, I said that it was possible that Ash could get Rowlet it first, but it was also possible that he could have gotten Grubbin first. So no I was not denying the fact that Rowlet would be Ash's first capture, I just said it was still possible that Grubbin could have been caught first, but I never said that it was impossible for Rowlet to be caught first and no me saying the title for episode for does not imply or suggest Rowlet being Ash's first capture does not meaning that I was somehow saying that it was impossible for Ash to get Rowlet as a first capture.

Plus I only said it was possible for Grubbin to be Ash's first capture and come before Rowlet but I didn't say it was guaranteed to be Ash's first capture. In plus to be clear before Ash caught Rowlet it wasn't confirmed yet that Rowlet would be his first capture, and he came pretty close to getting Grubbin first, the only reason he didn't was because Grubbin broke out of the poke ball and escaped. Again I wasn't saying that it was impossible for Rowlet to be Ash's first capture, all I was saying was that it was possible that Ash could have gotten Grubbin first, but I did acknowledge that there was a possibility that Ash could get Rowlet first.

Don't put words in my mouth and no Rowlet being Ash's first capture and Ash failing to get Grubbin a 2nd time doesn't confirmed that Ash won't get a Grubbin at some point. Especially considering Grubbin is starting to appear in multiple episodes and Ash has tried to get Grubbin 2 times now within the span of 4 episodes.

Last edited:

batman14

Or maybe Kalos " big downgrade" was because Ash caught way too many pokemon in Unova.Also considering how little Pokemon there are in Alola and Kalos compared to Unova it makes sense that Ash does not catch many Pokemon.

Also the more pokemon caught the more wasted spots there generally are so no point catching more than neccessary just for the sake of it.

its not that he caught too many its that he had all 3 starters and they werent going to have them get swap out with Pikachu thats already 4 spots taking up

dman_dustin

I don't think that matters much. If I recall correctly we saw Starly and Staraptor in the first episode of DP.
Ash didn't see it. Reggie's Staraptor was the first one he saw, and Ash already had Staravia at that point.

As we have seen beforeAsh doesn't necessarily debut the regional birds. Just last gen Fletchinder appeared in the Battle Chateau and Talonflame in the Sky Battle episode.

Kind of hard to argue that, when Ash already had Fletchling before its evolutions showed up.

Ash's Fletchling was the first one he saw.

============

Anyway I think the Rowlet episode actually confirmed to me that Ash isn't getting Pikipek, on top of Ash seeing ALL stages of said Pikipek, I think the episode was symbolic showing that Ash DID get "Pikipek" except it was a "Rowlet" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.