• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Since we're on the topic on possible captures for Ash how about any of these Pokes: Minor, Oranguru, or Cutiefly line.

ShadowForce720

Since we're on the topic on possible captures for Ash how about any of these Pokes: Minor, Oranguru, or Cutiefly line.

Well it depends partly on whether or not the writers care about Ash having 2 or more pokemon that share the same primary typing, if the writers want to avoid Ash having more then 1 pokemon on his team with the same primary type then that would mean that in order for him to get Minor he would have to not get Rockruff and in order for him to get Cutiefly then he would have to not get Grubbin, now if the writers don't care about Ash having more then one pokemon with the same primary typing then it would still be possible for him to get them.

Now he could get an Oranguru but honestly I'm not sure what the chances of him actually getting one are so it's tough to really say.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan

i don't think ash will get any of those, but if i were to pick one i'd go with cutiefly, because ribombee is the fastest gen 7 pokemon (i think) and ash generally works well with fast mons.

Ilikepiex7

Oranguru could work for Ash, Minior doesn't look like an Ash mon, and Cutiefly line looks too girly for Ash but one of the girls should catch it it's so cute!!!

Everything12

Pokemon I think Ash could get in Alola would be Litten, Grubbin, Crabrawler, Rockruff, Mudbray, Dewpider, Passimian, Wimpod, Drampa, Jangmo-o, and possibly Fomantis, if Mallow doesn't get it, as well as any evolution's these Pokemon have. I would rate their possibility Litten 5, Rockruff 5, Grubbin 4, Mudbray 3, Passimian 3, Wimpod 3, Jangmo-o 3, Dewpider 2, Drampa 2, Fomantis 1.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I like a team of Pikachu, Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc-Midday, Hakamo-o, and Alolan Sandslash/possible future regional variant. Another possibility is if that Pokemon Stars rumor is true and he'll have some of these supposed "new" Pokemon.

Its tough to say though because there are so few "Ash" Pokemon in Sun/Moon.

Masterofpokemon95

No to oranguru i belive it will end up being like goodra in majority of its battle and stay there and not move around if he has to get a monkey i prefer passimian and to add ro that if he has to get a fighting type i rsther him get the jangmo-o line

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Ash's Team: Pikachu, Decidueye, Incineroar, Midday Lycanroc, Crabrawler, and Ash-Greninja

Pikachu: It learns a new exclusive Z-Move; 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, in the second half of SM series.
Decidueye: Rowlet fully evolves into Decidueye, because it's so popular. It becomes Ash's first Ghost-Type Pokemon.
Incineroar: It disobeys Ash after getting fully-evolved. Still disobeys until Incineroar sees that Ash cares a lot about it, and it feels strong in relationship with Ash. Yeah, it becomes Charizard 2.0.
Lycanroc: Kukui's Rockruff decides to join Ash. It evolves into Midday Lycanroc, while fighting Olivia's Midnight Lycanroc.
Crabrawler: It is not evolving, but it learns powerful moves. It looks like it is a perfect fit for Ash.
Greninja: It comes back with Zygarde, after Ash completing the Trial Challenge Quest. It learns Night Slash off-screen (before it comes back). It rejoins Ash, after completing the mission with Zygarde.
Yeah, I think Zygarde will come back, because we haven't seen Thousand Arrows and Waves in the anime.

I don't think Ash will get Wimpod/Golisopod, because it belongs to Guzma.. And he doesn't have any "Team Boss" Ace Pokemon (and their pre-evos).

Last edited:

Everything12

Oh yeah I forgot about Guzma getting a Wimpod and I just remembered Alolan forms, so now in my opinion the the Pokemon Ash could capture would be Litten 5, Rockruff 5, Grubbin 4, Mudbray 3, Passimian 3, Jangmo-o 3, Dewpider 2, Drampa 2, Alolan Sandshrew 2, Alolan Geodude 2, Alolan Grimer 1, and Fomantis 1.

dman_dustin

I don't think Ash will get Wimpod/Golisopod, because it belongs to Gumza.. And he doesn't have any "Team Boss" Ace Pokemon (and their pre-evos).

To be fair, Guzma hasn't even shown up yet, so we don't know WHAT his ace will be, let alone if it'll even matter in regards to Ash.

It'll depend entirely on the writers/producers. Could happen but still no guarantee.

Besides we don't have enough examples of "Team Boss" to even suggest they would NEVER share a Pokemon especially since they could just pull a "Which one is the better trainer" fight, maybe even make one shiny.

I mean after all:

Giovanni- Persian (Anime), Rhydon/Rhyhorn (Games)

Maxie Camerupt (Maxie didn't have anything in the anime)
Archie Sharpedo (Obviously wasn't going to happen, and it's not like Archie even HAD a Sharpedo in the anime)

Cyrus- Weavile (Paul already had Weavile, and Cyrus didn't even have Pokemon in the anime)

Ghetsis- Hydreigon (well Cameron had it, and its not like Ash was allowed to get dragon types during 5th generation, and Ghetsis didn't have one in the anime either).

N- Reshiram/Zekrom (in the games). LMAO, HAHAHAHAHA, yeah as if Ash was going to get one, and he also didn't have anything in the anime.

Lysandre- Gyarados (Mega Gyarados, and was obviously a 1st generation Pokemon)

Yeah I don't think there's a lot to go on in terms of whether Ash would get an Evil Team Boss Pokemon (same species)

Masterofpokemon95

Um...that is not a minor game spoiler; that is a MAJOR game spoiler, so you should probably put that in a spoiler tag. :/

The games have been out for a week so not really a spoiler

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I don't know how the story of the anime is going to develop, but I guess it will be eventually follow the game's script. In that case, I'm pretty sure Ash will recall his reserve Pokemon from Oak's lab very often. I don't think Ash will be able to surpass Kiawe's Charizard and Turtonator (who is the Third Captain) with his team of Alola's "rookies". He's going to need his stronger Pokemon.

+ It has been proved to exist "connection" between Kalos and Alola. So, if they can talk through TV, I think it's obvious Oak can send Ash's Pokemon to Alola.
+ Kiawe's Charizard could be a good reason to bring Ash's own Charizard back.
+ Using regularly Ash's older Pokemon, it could allow a great "update" for Rotom Dex.
+ Ash's Tauros could also get some place since Alola uses Tauros very much.

And I know Trials are not classic Gym Battles, but Pokemon can't be Pokemon without battles after all.

Masterofpokemon95

Even so this doesn't really belong in the Pokemon speculation thread

Seeing as how the anime get the premise of the series from the games and the topic i was originally talking about dealt with team skull leader "signature" pokemon (wimpod/golispod)and how it contributes to ash getting it or not it was a valid reason to bring it up as how team skulls leader is not the one in charge/final villain so negates the point of people saying ash cant get a pokemon the villian team leader has

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Well it depends partly on whether or not the writers care about Ash having 2 or more pokemon that share the same primary typing, if the writers want to avoid Ash having more then 1 pokemon on his team with the same primary type then that would mean that in order for him to get Minor he would have to not get Rockruff and in order for him to get Cutiefly then he would have to not get Grubbin, now if the writers don't care about Ash having more then one pokemon with the same primary typing then it would still be possible for him to get them.

Now he could get an Oranguru but honestly I'm not sure what the chances of him actually getting one are so it's tough to really say.

Well history of show since the begin tells us that they never care about type overlap so I believe won't care about it now in Alola.

No to oranguru i belive it will end up being like goodra in majority of its battle and stay there and not move around if he has to get a monkey i prefer passimian and to add ro that if he has to get a fighting type i rsther him get the jangmo-o line

I thought it would be like Goodra and probably be more like Sawyer's Slaking.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
This is the problem nowadays with the low number of new Pokemon, most of the main characters can't really catch more than 2 Pokemon without doubling up with other characters. If the characters do own their Totem Pokemon and have them with them, that doesn't leave much that Ash can get that is different to what they already have.

Tbh it's really hard to say what Ash is going to get, since Popplio is already taken by Lana, the water types don't leave much, Dewpider, Bruxish, Mareanie and Pyukumuku and I can't see him with any of those Pokemon (Greninja coming back seems likely)
The only Pokemon I can see him catching are Rockruff, Crabrawler, Passimian or Jangmo-o.

His travel buddies do seem very unlikely to catch any more Pokemon since there's not much else they could catch, I can see Mallow (If she is the main girl) catching a Morelull though, mushroom, food, she's a cook, it's Grass type - her specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.