• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
While I loved the Mudsdale idea, you forgot to add Grubbin.

Yeah, just seen the Opening, don't ask why now, but, I just seen the scene with him throwing the Pokéball at Grubbin so I will add it to the list...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I could see them taking creative liberties with that. It wouldn't be the first time and probably wouldn't be the last.

Like that one Weepinbell evolving into Victreebel without a Leaf Stone back in Johto. Or even Sliggoo evolving into Goodra after using Rain Dance when it doesn't work like that in the games.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I could see them taking creative liberties with that. It wouldn't be the first time and probably wouldn't be the last.

Like that one Weepinbell evolving into Victreebel without a Leaf Stone back in Johto. Or even Sliggoo evolving into Goodra after using Rain Dance when it doesn't work like that in the games.

I certainly hope so. Vikavolt's one of my fav gen 7 mons and Grubbin's not that bad looking..... but Charjabug, ugh. I don't want to stare at that thing for 50+ episodes

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I hope Rowlett becomes Decidueye, though Rowlett's so adorable and lovable that it'd be fine if he has Incineroar. Also, it'd be interesting if Ash got a Minior due to the mechanic involved with it

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't think Ash will catch a Grubbin. He has already tried to capture it and failed. Ash has never captured a Pokemon which he has failed to capture in a previous episode. The opening was just probably showing Ash's failed attempt.

World Turtle

I don't think Ash will catch a Grubbin. He has already tried to capture it and failed. Ash has never captured a Pokemon which he has failed to capture in a previous episode. The opening was just probably showing Ash's failed attempt.

Gible. He tried to catch a Gible, but lost it to Khoury. Several episodes later he would catch his own Gible.

If we expand this to count entire evolution lines he tried to catch Pidgey in the very first episode only to fail and later catch Pidgeotto.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Maybe I want people to stop treating the opening like it means all aka a certain bug.

Hmmm well I took the SM Opening to be accurate as far as Ash catching Grubbin is concerned. Do we have any merchandise hints that support the Ash/Grubbin theory or is the Opening all the proof we have? ^^

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I guess Gible doesn't exist anymore then.
EDIT: Ninja'd

ShadowForce720

Tell that to Ash's Krokorok which he failed at more then once at trying to catch it and that didn't stop him from getting it later. Or the opening could just mean he's getting Grubbin later and it's showing the successful capture, after all he's tried to get this Grubbin twice now, so I don't see much reason as to think that he won't get it later especially since so far when it comes to the opening showing off team change, so far they have no trolled any team change, so right now Grubbin still has a chance of being caught.

Zoruagible

I hope Rowlett becomes Decidueye, though Rowlett's so adorable and lovable that it'd be fine if he has Incineroar. Also, it'd be interesting if Ash got a Minior due to the mechanic involved with it
I think Minior would suit James more.

I'm not sure if he'll catch Grubbin, but I don't deny it's a possibility. It would be so amazing if he obtained a new Electric type after all this time and they don't come up with some BS way of not letting it go home with him to live at Oak's.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Tell that to Ash's Krokorok which he failed at more then once at trying to catch it and that didn't stop him from getting it later.

Ash did not once actively try to catch that thing, it kept following the group out of it's desire to beat Pikachu, only after realizing it couldn't was when Ash offered it the chance to join him which it took.

Or the opening could just mean he's getting Grubbin later and it's showing the successful capture, after all he's tried to get this Grubbin twice now, so I don't see much reason as to think that he won't get it later especially since so far when it comes to the opening showing off team change, so far they have no trolled any team change, so right now Grubbin still has a chance of being caught.

If Grubbin was getting caught, then I don't see why it wouldn't be in that group shot of everyone walking behind Ash, same goes for the Alola Vulpix that is supposedly going to lille.

ShadowForce720

Ash did not once actively try to catch that thing, it kept following the group out of it's desire to beat Pikachu, only after realizing it couldn't was when Ash offered it the chance to join him which it took.

If Grubbin was getting caught, then I don't see why it wouldn't be in that group shot of everyone walking behind Ash, same goes for the Alola Vulpix that is supposedly going to lille.

Yet right there the fact that Alola Vulpix isn't in the group shot with everyone walking behind Ash and yet it is very likely that Lillie will get Alola Vulpix just shows that you can't rule out Ash getting Grubbin just because it wasn't in the group shot. Also it wouldn't be a first time that a pokemon that appeared in the opening wound up getting caught even though it wasn't in the group shot for instance in the XY opening Mad-Paced Getter in the 3rd variant of it towards the end of the opening it showed Serena watching Eevee implying that she was most likely getting it even though it didn't show up in the group shot.

Heck they could easily update the opening and put Grubbin and Alolan Vulpix in the group shot once they join the main cast.

Last edited:

Domok

Yeah,if anything Vulpix not being in the group shot increases Grubbin's chances . Lillie is clearly getting Alolan Vulpix early on,but yet it isn't with the group in the opening. It could very easily be the same case for Grubbin.

Last edited:

World Turtle

It wouldn't be the first time an Opening gives updates on the cast roster. Mad-Paced Getter did it as did one of the DP Openings.

Zoruagible

Maybe Vulpix is just absent because Lillie doesn't catch it right away? It follows her around, but she doesn't actually feel like catching it for awhile

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

I don't see why they need to since I assume they can go to that area whenever they want to.

dman_dustin

As I keep saying. Until Ash captures something THAT isn't in the opening, meaning after Litten/Rockruff and it's NOT Grubbin, only then can we dismiss Grubbin as a possibility.

I don't see why they need to since I assume they can go to that area whenever they want to.

Would be extremely convenient as it would be obvious if Ash were to visit Poni Island, and his Charjabug evolves, what we would need for it not be obvious or convenient is have Team Rocket kidnap Ash and Charjabug in some kind of flying machine, Zeppelin or plane, and Ash crashes on "Poni Island" unbeknownst to Ash and then when Charjabug evolves, it will be explained that Ash was in Vast Poni Canyon.

Otherwise "Field Trip" to Vast Poni Canyon is going to mean "automatic evolution" only alternative solution is that Ash specifically goes there TO evolve Charjabug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.