• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
On a side note, I'm wondering how Mimikyu will react when the inevitable enemy mine between Team Rocket and the twerps occurs. It already contrasts Inkay, Pikachu's last TR opponent, in most regards, it would be amusing if Mimikyu actually refused to work alongside Pikachu over even saving it's own skin, compared to Inkay actually being the first TR Pokemon to initiate one with him by himself.

I have a hard seeing Mimikyu willingly working with its archnemesis, even if its own life were at stake and despite Jessie's wishes. It clearly acts according to its own will, especially where Pikachu is concerned; it attacked Pikachu and Togedemaru without waiting for Jessie's orders, and it came out of its Pokéball on its own when Team Rocket were trying to mess with the mall's security system. Given that Team Rocket's Pokémon tend to be very loyal to them and bond with them, it's actually interesting that Mimikyu seems to just be putting up with them and dances to the beat of its own drum.

nickdt

Just a speculation. Obviously it seems "SM is the new DP" is not going to be happening this series (unless the school is some distant connection to the camp arc), but I like to think there might be a team similarity like in BW and XY.

Besides, all those mons 'fit' Ash, and two lines are already confirmed.

Since you have been asking several times now. This is my opinion, most people tend to agree on most of these however.

T-1: GPICSS
T-2: Swellow, Glalie, Gliscor, Bulbasaur, Krookodile, Heracross, Kingler, maybe Hawlucha
T-3: Hawlucha, Gible, Talonflame, Torterra, Squirtle, Pignite, Corphish, Quilava, Buizel, Staraptor
T-4: Goodra, Noctowl, Tauros, Donphan, Noivern, Leavanny, Bayleef, Torkoal, Palpitoad
T-5: Muk, Boldore, Unfezant, Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy, Totodile
Excluding: Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras [all released] & Rowlett

Well, agree with most of your list, aside from Talonflame (Which is Tier 2)Tauros, which is tier 2 as well. Which Pokemon besides Tauros and the top critters has been going toe-to-toe with two Psuedo Legends (One of which was a cheating Dragonite and another one was a Metagross, at the time considered the most powerfull Psuedo). Noivern is the other one. What justifies Noivern to be in tier 4, while Muk and Boldore, who have more impressive feats are in T-5. Noivern is his weakest mon so far in terms of feats and thus belongs in Tier 5.

Ilikepiex7

Well, agree with most of your list, aside from Talonflame (Which is Tier 2)Tauros, which is tier 2 as well. Which Pokemon besides Tauros and the top critters has been going toe-to-toe with two Psuedo Legends (One of which was a cheating Dragonite and another one was a Metagross, at the time considered the most powerfull Psuedo). Noivern is the other one. What justifies Noivern to be in tier 4, while Muk and Boldore, who have more impressive feats are in T-5. Noivern is his weakest mon so far in terms of feats and thus belongs in Tier 5.

How do you think Muk and boldore have more impressive feats then Noivern?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Talonflame doesn't deserve better than tier 3 as it's feats doesn't suggest that. And Tauros won only one battle.

Anyway, I hope that Ash captures a tier 1 Pokemon in Alola. If not so, let's hope Pikachu rocks with its Z-move.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Just a speculation. Obviously it seems "SM is the new DP" is not going to be happening this series (unless the school is some distant connection to the camp arc), but I like to think there might be a team similarity like in BW and XY.

Besides, all those mons 'fit' Ash, and two lines are already confirmed.

Since you have been asking several times now. This is my opinion, most people tend to agree on most of these however.

T-1: GPICSS
T-2: Swellow, Glalie, Gliscor, Bulbasaur, Krookodile, Heracross, Kingler, maybe Hawlucha
T-3: Hawlucha, Gible, Talonflame, Torterra, Squirtle, Pignite, Corphish, Quilava, Buizel, Staraptor
T-4: Goodra, Noctowl, Tauros, Donphan, Noivern, Leavanny, Bayleef, Torkoal, Palpitoad
T-5: Muk, Boldore, Unfezant, Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy, Totodile
Excluding: Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras [all released] & Rowlett

Ash's strongest team will be DIPCGI +/S

nickdt

Talonflame doesn't deserve better than tier 3 as it's feats doesn't suggest that. And Tauros won only one battle.

Anyway, I hope that Ash captures a tier 1 Pokemon in Alola. If not so, let's hope Pikachu rocks with its Z-move.

Yes... it won one battle, but it was important against Metagross (Without it taking down Metagross, Ash would have lost that fight in the BF and if it didn't did the damage against the cheating Dragonite, Ash would have lost the fight against Drake). That is how a Tier list should be imo, not only counting the wins, but also how important a Pokemon was in a Fight. (Leavanny is a good example for this).

Lol... if Talonflame doesn't deserve Tier 2, then Regular Greninja doesn't deserve to be in tier 1, 2 or 3, since Talonflames feats are more impressive than regular Greninja's. Same with Kingler and Gliscor, since Talonflame has way better feats than them.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yes... it won one battle, but it was important against Metagross (Without it taking down Metagross, Ash would have lost that fight in the BF and if it didn't did the damage against the cheating Dragonite, Ash would have lost the fight against Drake). That is how a Tier list should be imo, not only counting the wins, but also how important a Pokemon was in a Fight. (Leavanny is a good example for this).

Lol... if Talonflame doesn't deserve Tier 2, then Regular Greninja doesn't deserve to be in tier 1, 2 or 3, since Talonflames feats are more impressive than regular Greninja's. Same with Kingler and Gliscor, since Talonflame has way better feats than them.

Talonflame has probably 3 wins(including one joint with Frogadier) and 3 losses(and one draw). Base Greninja has 3 wins(Scizor, Clawitzer and Bisharp) and one loss against Base Sceptile. How does Talonflame has better feats?

And Drake's Dragonite easily defeated Tauros with Thunder. Tauros was also easily defeated by Nidoqueen.

Pikachu could be the Pokemon which will stand out in SM(with Z-move). Otherwise it's either Decidueye or Incineroar.

Last edited:

nickdt

Talonflame has probably 3 wins(including one joint with Frogadier) and 3 losses(and one draw). Base Greninja has 3 wins(Scizor, Clawitzer and Bisharp) and one loss against Base Sceptile. How does Talonflame has better feats?

And Drake's Dragonite easily defeated Tauros with Thunder. Tauros was also easily defeated by Nidoqueen.

Pikachu could be the Pokemon which will stand out in SM(with Z-move). Otherwise it's either Decidueye or Incineroar.

Well, you have to look at the whole region and not only the league.

Fletchling won against Surskit Fletchinder against Machoke, Jumpluff, Sylveon and Talonflame against Avalugg and it brought in hits against Tyrunt (Despite having the type disadvantage), Mega Lucario (While in Second form, while Greninja needs a power-buff to hit and defeat Mega's). Thus, the whole line has much better feats than the regular Greninja line. Talonflame also carried the match against Olympia, but i don't mention this victory as his alone since indeed it was a joint.

Froakie defeated Onix (Type advantage), Frogadier defeated Weepinbell and Gogoat (Weepinbell was already weakened by Hawlucha, type disadvantage). Regular Greninja did none of those things, since it needed the power buff to defeat a Pokemon. Thus Talonflame is stronger than Regular Greninja and has more impressive feats. But i doesn't matter, since Greninja is released anyway.

It doesn't matter Dragonite defeated Tauros with one Thunder, fact is Tauros weakened it before going down (Despite being weakened by Venusaur).

And yes, one of the three (Pikachu, Decidueye or Incineroar) is going to stand out. I think its either Decidueye or Incineroar, since outside its Z-Move, Pikachu doesn't promote anything.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Fletchling won against Surskit Fletchinder against Machoke, Jumpluff, Sylveon and Talonflame against Avalugg and it brought in hits against Tyrunt (Despite having the type disadvantage), Mega Lucario (While in Second form, while Greninja needs a power-buff to hit and defeat Mega's). Thus, the whole line has much better feats than the regular Greninja line. Talonflame also carried the match against Olympia, but i don't mention this victory as his alone since indeed it was a joint.

Froakie defeated Onix (Type advantage), Frogadier defeated Weepinbell and Gogoat (Weepinbell was already weakened by Hawlucha, type disadvantage). Regular Greninja did none of those things, since it needed the power buff to defeat a Pokemon. Thus Talonflame is stronger than Regular Greninja and has more impressive feats. But i doesn't matter, since Greninja is released anyway.

It doesn't matter Dragonite defeated Tauros with one Thunder, fact is Tauros weakened it before going down (Despite being weakened by Venusaur).

And yes, one of the three (Pikachu, Decidueye or Incineroar) is going to stand out. I think its either Decidueye or Incineroar, since outside its Z-Move, Pikachu doesn't promote anything.
Did you ignore the fact that I mentioned base Greninja won against Scizor, Clawitzer and Bisharp and lost only once to base Sceptile. The fact that it needs to become Ash-Greninja to defeat Pokemon is wrong. It needs to become Ash-Greninja to defeat Megas.

Regarding Decidueye and Incineroar, I feel that if one is a powerhouse, the other one will be nerfed(like Infernape and Torterra).

Last edited:

esquilo09

This is my team prediction.

Ash:

Pikachu(as usual)
Rowlet(confirmed)
Litten(to be caught in the next episode)
Grubbin(the opening foreshadows its capture)
Rockruff(due to its bond towards Ash)

Optional choices:

Mudbray(I hope he does catch it)
Alolan Sandshrew(the only regional variation that fits Ash and would be his first Steel type)
Sandygast(in case Rowlet remains unevolved for the rest of the saga ala Oshawott)
Dewpider(the only water type that I can see Ash catching, unless he won't catch any water types just like he didn't catch any grass type in Kalos)

Captain America X

Regular Greninja needed it's power boost to mainly defeat mega pokemon 2 of said megas having type advantages.Saying he needed his powered up form to defeat pokemon in general is bs when the pokemon he were fighting were also using powered up forms.

Also Talonflame only landed one hit on tyrunt and M-Lucario and immedietly got taken down.Also you seem to forget that talonflame had a type advantage in most of his fights?You make it sound it aound like such an impressive feat that talonflame landed 1 hit on tyrunt and m-lucario eventhough it barely did anything to his opponents and Talonflame was taken down immedietly afterwards

Talonflame has no tier 2 feats consdering he was never shown defeating any extremely powerful opponents nor did he do something like kingler and sweep a league contestant team.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Regular Greninja needed it's power boost to mainly defeat mega pokemon 2 of said megas having type advantages.Saying he needed his powered up form to defeat pokemon in general is bs when the pokemon he were fighting were also using powered up forms.

Also Talonflame only landed one hit on tyrunt and M-Lucario and immedietly got taken down.Also you seem to forget that talonflame had a type advantage in most of his fights?You make it sound it aound like such an impressive feat that talonflame landed 1 hit on tyrunt and m-lucario eventhough it barely did anything to his opponents and Talonflame was taken down immedietly afterwards

Talonflame has no tier 2 feats consdering he was never shown defeating any extremely powerful opponents nor did he do something like kingler and sweep a league contestant team.

Yes it's quite clear. Talonflame is a tier 3 Pokemon. And Greninja using Ash-Greninja form is perfectly justified as it battled Megas and it defeated two Megas with a serious type disadvantage.

Anyway, I think in this island, Ash will remained confined to Rowlet and Litten along with Pikachu. He will catch more Pokemon in others Islands, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think he'll get Rockruff later, as well. But maybe when he's about to move on to Akala Island, like as a gift or something.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Im starting to think with the way that Ash is catching pokemon so far this region that he may end up be given a trial pokemon, or like one of the helpers. Idk why, but that's be interesting to see how they'd do it if Ash rocked a trial and one of the little mons wanted to come with him or something. I wonder who his first battle to capture pokemon will be this gen.

phanpycross

God-king
I think he'll get Rockruff later, as well. But maybe when he's about to move on to Akala Island, like as a gift or something.
I dont, anymore.

Kukui is (f*ck it SPOILERS) the champion of these games, so him giving his only pokemon (at least seemingly) would be weird as heck. Maybe if Kukui had any relations with any other pokemon, but he doesnt. It's with him in the opening, ending, most scenes, and it was even his lure.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Rockruff is with Ash in that parade scene, and even Kukui acknowledges that Rockruff likes him. Plus, if he really is the Champion here like in the games, surely he has more Pokemon than just Rockruff.

I still think Incineroar is his ace, just like how his ace in the games is the starter that's strong against yours and because of the Masked Royal stuff.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Rockruff is with Ash in that parade scene, and even Kukui acknowledges that Rockruff likes him. Plus, if he really is the Champion here like in the games, surely he has more Pokemon than just Rockruff.

I still think Incineroar is his ace, just like how his ace in the games is the starter that's strong against yours and because of the Masked Royal stuff.

I agree. So far, the signs are pointing toward Ash getting Professor Kukui's Rockruff. Rockruff has taken a strong liking toward Ash (and Pikachu), something Kukui even acknowledged (and which seemed to surprise him a little bit). There was even that brief scene in episode 5 with Ash scratching Rockruff under its chin. I will be shocked if Kukui doesn't give Ash Rockruff.

p96822

Evolve me please
I'd be up for Meowth actually having a battling arc for once (so long as it wasn't just a curb stomp each and every time, that would get as boring as standard TR curb stomps, especially if Meowth sticks to only having one single attack).

On a side note, I'm wondering how Mimikyu will react when the inevitable enemy mine between Team Rocket and the twerps occurs. It already contrasts Inkay, Pikachu's last TR opponent, in most regards, it would be amusing if Mimikyu actually refused to work alongside Pikachu over even saving it's own skin, compared to Inkay actually being the first TR Pokemon to initiate one with him by himself.

Well it was said along time ago that Meowth can't learn anymore new move because the his Ablity to talk

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I think now that Rockruff will be given to Ash and it will be a Midday Lysanroc(that is one of the rare speedy Pokemon in Alola).

phanpycross

God-king

Pokemon who have gotten absolutely no showcase, unlike the Rockruff who is clearly super close to Kukui, who has a Lycanroc in the games.

These "hints" are so exaggerated that it hurts to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.